• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost Fragment said:
20j1r9t.jpg

OMG, so much better than your shitty Vanille avatar (sorry) :D

Caj814

Tiger uppercut said:
That was some godlike Makoto shit, J. Wong would be proud.

My Makoto is pretty shitty compared to the others out there like v-ryu,flash metroid,NinjaCW and lost fragment.I get a lot of stuff from them mostly too :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I want to play someone who schools me soo bad that I need a hot shower and a bucket of icecream :( , I'm feeling masochistic

YUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOP, start playing Ssf4

AZ Greg

Oh shit threi, Free-Jay > Vega confirmed! :(

Also, I agree with most of the Vega match-up numbers except a few:

I think Vega-Viper is 5-5. I've played a lot of good Vipers and that match-up just isn't in the league of Rufus, Cammy, E. Honda, etc... in terms of difficulty for Vega.

Vega having the advantage over Abel 5.5-4.5 is a little weird. Though that close is practically 5-5. I'd just assume if it was going to be 5.5-4.5 then it would be in Abel's favor. His pressure can really hurt Vega, he has air to air normals that really hurt Vega's wall game, and his command grab takes away the usefulness of some of Vega's mix-ups.

And maybe I just haven't played a good T. Hawk, but that match-up being 6-4 in his favor seems kinda funny. Especially with Vega-Gief being 5-5.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AZ Greg said:
And maybe I just haven't played a good T. Hawk, but that match-up being 6-4 in his favor seems kinda funny. Especially with Vega-Gief being 5-5.
Maybe it's one of those on-paper evaluations, because one might think that U2 would shut down Vega's air game, except it doesn't.

kiun

AZ Greg said:
Oh shit threi, Free-Jay > Vega confirmed! :(

Also, I agree with most of the Vega match-up numbers except a few:

I think Vega-Viper is 5-5. I've played a lot of good Vipers and that match-up just isn't in the league of Rufus, Cammy, E. Honda, etc... in terms of difficulty for Vega.

Vega having the advantage over Abel 5.5-4.5 is a little weird. Though that close is practically 5-5. I'd just assume if it was going to be 5.5-4.5 then it would be in Abel's favor. His pressure can really hurt Vega, he has air to air normals that really hurt Vega's wall game, and his command grab takes away the usefulness of some of Vega's mix-ups.

AZ, any tips for the Honda vs Vega matchup ?

explodet

I can't disagree with Vega-Sim being 6-4. my last match using Vega I faced off against a Dhalsim and while he was trying to jump/teleport I was izuna dropping his ass left and right.

AZ Greg

kiun said:
AZ, any tips for the Honda vs Vega matchup ?

NO! :p

Honestly, I don't really know what works from either perspective. The only Honda I've played who has really given me a lot of problems is Gutabo's. And I don't really think our matches are a good representation of the match-up. Two of my biggest tools against Honda, which I used on you and other Honda players like LakeEarth, are zoning/AA tools like Scarlet Terror and st.RH. But when I face Gutabo I can't get those out with the timing I need to beat him clean so it usually ends up as a trade in his favor. And that's the best case scenario for me. The other thing is that Vega can decently punish his MP/HP headbutts with st.MK, EX Wall Dive, and Ultra 2. But the timing is tight on all those and next to impossible on mine and Gutabo's connection. I'm sure he could give you things I get away with on our connection too.

The only thing I really know for sure in Honda's favor is dealing with wall dives. You shouldn't have any problems with them. If you smell it then you can beat it with a neutral jump HP. Or even less risky, you can just do a butt smash right before I hit you to completely avoid the attack, if you have your charge, of course.

Parham

Banned
I'm having some trouble executing Chun-Li's second ultra. More specifically, I'm not entirely sure how to move the stick. Any suggestions?

Leunam

Is that the double quarter circle and then all three punches? Turn on the input display in training mode and see where you're getting it wrong.

MIMIC

Banned
So what's everyone's view on "mashing?" I saw Daigo mashing some some inputs (DPs, particularly) and was completely surprised.

(this was originally a really, really long post but I decided to condense it =p)

Leunam

Mash until it works.

I mash sometimes, but it's usually stuff like EX Tornado Throws or EX Marseille Roll. I don't do it very often since any smart player will just start baiting it.

ptown

Mashing is fine. The timing of some action(s) could be too strict or unknown and possibly not worth the effort of learning the actual timing of.

But when you want something done with finesse, exerting as little physical effort as possible, and/or need some action demanding something very particular, mashing may not be enough.

MIMIC said:
So what's everyone's view on "mashing?" I saw Daigo mashing some some inputs (DPs, particularly) and was completely surprised.

(this was originally a really, really long post but I decided to condense it =p)
Like anything else in SF, if it's working, keep doing it.

vocab

MIMIC said:

It viable at high level. That's why I don't like this game. Mashing shortcut DP's in a crouch position for reversals is awful.

USD

What the fuck is with people picking Dudley in my second match against them? At first I thought it was a Guile thing, but then it kept happening when I switched to Fei. It's either Ryu or Dudley (if they switch characters).

BitchTits

vocab said:
Mashing shortcut DP's in a crouch position for reversals is awful.
This.

I've started doing it myself, like mashing 360+P with T.Hawk through blockstrings, just because everyone else does it, but I hate that it works.

BitchTits said:
This.

I've started doing it myself, like mashing 360+P with T.Hawk through blockstrings, just because everyone else does it, but I hate that it works.

I lose to Hawks like 60% of the time for this very reason. I swear T. Hawk has one of the nastiest mix ups in the game where you have to guess between random Tomahawk buster or command grab during block strings :lol

With his extra mobility, I find it harder to beat random Hawks then random Giefs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's why I don't take online play seriously. Grapplers have an advantage with lag as well as special moves coming out with mashing inputs. Some times when I do a crossup or even a regular jump in kick, I immediately eat something. The only thing to do is block afterward and then punish them. It gets old though. Especially since I'm always trying to go for a combo. I know I shouldn't but that's just how I play.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
That's why I don't take online play seriously. Grapplers have an advantage with lag as well as special moves coming out with mashing inputs. Some times when I do a crossup or even a regular jump in kick, I immediately eat something. The only thing to do is block afterward and then punish them. It gets old though. Especially since I'm always trying to go for a combo. I know I shouldn't but that's just how I play.

online play often forces you to adopt an entirely different play style in order to get anywhere D: aka "win"

it's sad.. but this is why I don't bother playing against randoms. I don't mind if I have a horribly lagged match with someone from PSN chat or whatever; we both understand what's going on :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
online play often forces you to adopt an entirely different play style in order to get anywhere D: aka "win"

it's sad.. but this is why I don't bother playing against randoms. I don't mind if I have a horribly lagged match with someone from PSN chat or whatever; we both understand what's going on :lol

But you can get away with lots of things and the element of surprise is always refreshing. I know most people like to play with the same group of people or whatever but I do that stuff offline. I know I ran into a few people and I ask them questions. Stuff like, your Dhalsim is almost as good as Art. And they're like "What, Who the fuck is that?" :lol Certain people don't follow the scene.

USD

What the fuck is this bullshit? Fighting green bar matches, but half the time I hold back after I score a knockdown, I walk forward instead. Not only do I lose my charge, I walk straight into Shoryus and EX Messiahs. And it only happens in ranked, never in endless.

EDIT: Okay, it just happened in an endless match too. Guess my connection's just shit.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
USD said:
What the fuck is this bullshit? Fighting green bar matches, but half the time I hold back after I score a knockdown, I walk forward instead. Not only do I lose my charge, I walk straight into Shoryus and EX Messiahs. And it only happens in ranked, never in endless.

Most likely- lagswitches. Ranked mode has a good number of cheats. Not as bad as HDR, but still a pretty decent amount.

I made a troll account on PSN called "ur-KEN-SUCKS-ASS".
Ran into 10 salty flowchart Kens in a session of 25 games. At least only one of them somehow randomed me out.

Ken players can't be trolled enough in my opinion :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BitchTits said:
This.

Only because the people you're playing haven't caught on. Reversal bait then backdash can send you into a world of pain.

Of course, abusing T. Hawk bullshit because your opponent doesn't know how to handle it is sooo much fun, like doing hp spire to typhoon as if it were a tick throw even though hp spire is -10 on block. Then again, that particular example is so egregious I make sure to tell people about it. Stop letting me touch you with non-ex spire! Shit is unsafe on block AND hit. At BEST it's -5 on lp hit, and it's not even FADC-able.

schennmu said:
I made a troll account on PSN called "ur-KEN-SUCKS-ASS".
Ran into 10 salty flowchart Kens in a session of 25 games. At least only one of them somehow randomed me out.

Ken players can't be trolled enough in my opinion
:D

I endorse this message :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mak's matches go something like this imho

CO 6
DA 6
AB 5
DH 5
VI 5
RO 5
SE 5
IB 5
JU 5
DU 5
BL 5
AD 5
ELF 5
KE 5
GUY 5
DJ 5
CL 5
TH 5
GE 5
HA 5
GO 5
GU 4
DI 4
CH 4
CA 4
RU 4
BO 4
EH 4
SA 4
RY 4
ZA 4
FEI 4
AK 3

Viper: Only one I disagree with is Fuerte. 5, if not 6. Honda's also probably 3 or 3.5.

Cammy: Don't play her enough to feel comfortable comitting to an opinion 100%, but I agree with it mostly.

Imm0rt4l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RtG0P6nZY#t=3m11s

this is why Desora is the best Gouken out there

He may not be that great a character competitively but Desora plays him so well, much props to him. Mago was playing gouken for a bit, but he's fallen back from him, same thing happened with V-ryu a while ago. When life gives you lemons make apple juice out that bitch so everyone wonders how the hell you did it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sometimes I wonder wtf Capcom thinking with.

Try picking up Dan after ANY level of focus attack with Abels cr.fierce (into Ultra). Doesn't work? Of course not, it doesn't even HIT. Good job!

As far as Cammy is concerned on that IPW list, seems like they did a good ass job on it.

Minor gripe - I think Gief is 5-5, but 4.5 vs 5? STFU Sasa.

I also think Dic and Honda are even, having played some top tourney level ones. But that's another discussion. Just glad to see she got the dap she deserves :D

Only other gripe is that Fei is way too low. But that's probably just because the tiers are so compressed. But Mago doesn't play bad characters :lol (He gave up Gouken IIRC?)

In any case, its a pretty solid list.

AkumaHokoru said:
Well folks. I blew it up the first time. time to drive the nail home
this is anya's account supposedly....pause the video at 4 seconds and look at the reflection from the tv. That is not a silver haired girl. that is a black haired man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBEIB23neqc

I can't see anything.

Can anyone else see anything?

You must have great eyes...or I have shitty ones. Please be the former.

WTF that's the worst Ryu I have seen. He's doing nothing but spamming Hadokens at unsafe ranges. He's not even moving.

How does he have so many BP/PP points?

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RtG0P6nZY#t=3m11s

this is why Desora is the best Gouken out there

He may not be that great a character competitively but Desora plays him so well, much props to him. Mago was playing gouken for a bit, but he's fallen back from him, same thing happened with V-ryu a while ago. When life gives you lemons make apple juice out that bitch so everyone wonders how the hell you did it.

Holy shit. Makes Gouken look pretty fun actually

vocab

Yoshichan said:
Sometimes I wonder wtf Capcom thinking with.

Try picking up Dan after ANY level of focus attack with Abels cr.fierce (into Ultra). Doesn't work? Of course not, it doesn't even HIT. Good job!

Capcom never balances the non popular characters right.

bigmit3737 said:
I can't see anything.

Can anyone else see anything?

You must have great eyes...or I have shitty ones. Please be the former.

WTF that's the worst Ryu I have seen. He's doing nothing but spamming Hadokens at unsafe ranges. He's not even moving.

How does he have so many BP/PP points?
its one of her booster buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom