• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
Ok, so you think they paid Yaz over 100k so they could get the headline, but let him play his best at Reach? You're on crack, son. At least be consistent. They put Reach there as the biggest game, worth the most points DESPITE kat's natural advantage for one fucking reason. It's the biggest goddamn game out right now, and they probably got big bucks from M$. I seriously doubt that they'd go and give it to Yaz so they can be the holy bastion of gender equality. It's not a popular show, and it's not on a popular network. I don't see how it would outweigh the cost.

I'm not saying it's an honest show, but some things are absurd.

but that MS money is why it even went to 3 games. Again yaz getting smoked in reach is not my problem with how it went down. its him losing in blaz and more importantly the way he lost in blazblu that I have a problem with. 5-0? straight? didnt know how to block for 5 rounds? he was told not to win blazblu. for real. If you really think nothing was wrong with how that went down I dont know what to tell you. how do you know how to combo properly...but dont know how to block? that just defies all logic.

USD

Just finished watching Part 2. That was some amazing psychic trolling by Lord Gootecks in that last fight. :lol

gutabo

dragonballjoseph said:
His damage was also nerfed.
DR2K said:
What's the match up like when you don't have a projectile? Yeah exactly.

Oh he got the damage nerfs he needed. They need to happen now though.
Reno from SRK(honda player) was at the loketest, got to play honda there and discredited the "HHS is harder now" and the damage nerfs. The ultra 2 motion was the only new thing.

If you use fei long I can't see why you wouldn't like the honda matchup. Just wait and punish. Also I've been saying that runaway beats honda too. I can understand some honda hate, just don't talk as if choosing honda=autowin, it's not.

Honda already has big issues against most of the top tier, IMHO capcom should buff the low tier instead. Hitting hard is his thing, like having issues against fireballs.

SmokeMaxX

Honda isn't so bad if you can knock him down. Just cut all the BS and focus on knocking him down. Once that's done, cross him up all day. Do safer blockstrings. Bait out the EX-Headbutts.

Oh, don't get hit by a cr. jab.

AkumaHokoru said:
but that MS money is why it even went to 3 games. Again yaz getting smoked in reach is not my problem with how it went down. its him losing in blaz and more importantly the way he lost in blazblu that I have a problem with. 5-0? straight? didnt know how to block for 5 rounds? he was told not to win blazblu. for real. If you really think nothing was wrong with how that went down I dont know what to tell you. how do you know how to combo properly...but dont know how to block? that just defies all logic.

Why would they only tell him to lose BlazBLu? I've seen shitty training kens in Ranked that just keep fishing for the same bnb and don't know how to block right. If you watch the video, he keeps getting tagged by those long range lows. Probably just walking back and forth and doesn't have the presence of mind to know what's going on. It's not like he literally never blocked, he just got zoned out by extremely low-level tactics. Kat's whole play was scrub bait. The fact that Yaz was bitching about her character choice later proved it. It's not like hakumen is god tier.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AkumaHokoru said:
Sorry but no. this isnt going to fly because then he would have stomped her out hakuman is slow enough and vunerable enough that had he learned any offense at all (and he had as shown by him doing specials supers and combos) he would have won...he lost to kat pushing C. literally all she did was push C jump c crouch c netural c dashing c
that is all she did and she won. he took a dive.

You've never played Mexican KOF scrubs.

I seen them do infinites before and not be able to block.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Uh yeah. That. Marky is trying to go Triforce on me so I had to break his master sword.

W T F

Go TriForce on you?

You mean go MarkMan on you. Markman = gets results.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
More things I want for AE Makoto:

-lp hayate is neutral on hit. Seriously? At least make it +1 or +2.
-Make forward throw not useless.

chriskun

does anyone have any advice on the Adon/Honda matchup. Played this really good Adon tonight, kept on getting me stuck in this vortex where he kept on crossing me up, neutral jump rh, or throwing me. confusing as fuck. Does anything beat his neutral jump rh, that shit is fast as fuck.

USD

Yeah that was really close match, Momochi turned it up in the last few games though.

Next match is in an hour: Mago VS Mochi.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AkumaHokoru said:
I live in queens. all we have are mexican kof scrubs.

Now we know where Fersis is heading if he ever comes to the US. ^_^

Beasting on KOF scrubs is one of the most fun experiences in gaming.

chriskun said:
does anyone have any advice on the Adon/Honda matchup. Played this really good Adon tonight, kept on getting me stuck in this vortex where he kept on crossing me up, neutral jump rh, or throwing me. confusing as fuck. Does anything beat his neutral jump rh, that shit is fast as fuck.

Blocking beats it. Also you can wait and headbutt on landing for the chip, then make him come to you. You can also troll the troll by doing vertical jump RH yourself.

SmokeMaxX

_Xenon_ said:
WTF with all these wake-up SRKs? Momochi is playing like a typical XBL ken :(
Well you have a few choices, but it boils down to "wake up srk or no wake up srk?"
Once you've conditioned your opponent NOT to wake up srk, you don't expect them to wake up srk, thus it's a mind game. Of course, Uryo could've very easily just tried to bait out the wake up DP every single time, but he would've lost a lot of offensive momentum.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A lot of people say starnab is. I'd like to see him go against the top japanese players.

All I know right now is Mago is making Mochi look free. I never see so many chicken wing combos and Dhalsim being dizzy so many times in my life. :lol

OMG, crossup ultra combo. :lol Safe to say Mochi is baffled. 6-1. This is a slaughter at this point.

USD

That Mago execution is too much. Fei's damage potential explodes when you can hit the CW > fierce link, and he hits it every time.

Mago's Fei is so much better now then it was during the first FT10 with Mochi. He doesn't miss that chicken wing into st. fierce link anymore. I thought Mago would dominate, but not by this much. It's not over yet, but I don't expect Mochi to win anymore then 2 games before it's over.

Sako isn't look so great all of a sudden. It looks like he had some good luck in the first tourney because Mochi took out Daigo because of a bad match up and Mago before he actually good really good with Fei Long.

simtmb

Yeah, his Fei was already great, though definitely much better now. Really makes me want to go back to Fei :lol As he was one of the characters i was messing with in consideration for a proper alt, went Rose instead though : )

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Once Mago starts a combo he doesn't miss a link. Regardless of how great their internet is, we're talking about online play here. This looked like the most lop-sided match yet. I think he gave that second win to Mochi for free.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_Xenon_ said:
WTF with all these wake-up SRKs? Momochi is playing like a typical XBL ken :(

Going back and watching the match. He's pretty much playing Ken the best you can.

It was cool to see him doing the same combos I go for. :D

USD

bigmit3737 said:
Is it done?

God's Garden.
It's done for the day. There are two more matches for the week, starting early tomorrow (some 18 hours from now):

4:30 AM EDT - Daigo (Ryu) VS Momochi (Ken)
8:30 AM EDT - Daigo (Ryu) VS Sako (Cammy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom