• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NinjaCW stay free to my Rawg, stay free

Edit: dammit, just when I get in a lobby with Edma, my wife wants to start bitching for me to come to bed! :mad:

Hopefully you get some wins Greg.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
So Team Spooky's new intro thing is really cool.

Needs more 'kuma falling on his ass though.
I love sp00ky's "GO BABY LET'S GO," always gets me hype. :lol

Unsurprisingly, there are already stream monsters whining about the new intro, demanding the old one. Lately he's been playing them back-to-back.

dankir

I need help from you fellow Street Fighters. I'm planning to go a Halloween party as Dudley. Seeing that you analyze everything about this game then you can help me find the pieces I need to complete my costume.

I've been boxing for about 2 years and I have Everlast gloves as in the pic below but they aren't blue, but they do resemble two of his alternate colors in Super.

I'm talking about the pair in the middle, their black all around except for the parts seen.

IMG_5842.jpg

I'm aiming for either color scheme 2 or 6.

dudley_costume_colors_main.jpg

I know I need a pirate / tuxedo ruffle shirt and I'll probably go with the red shirt, black cumberbund and black bowtie. My only problem is that I have no idea what kind of pants Dudley is sporting. I know most of the SF costumes are designed after real clothing in most cases. Any idea of what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

edit: I did some research and Street Fighter Wiki says he's wearing Tuxedo pants..... where the hell am I going to find black tuxedo pants with a red stripe.... OFF TO THE SEAMSTRESS!

gutabo said:
Hey, what's with the honda hate? :( Runaway/projectile zonning kill him... if you know the matchup it's not even funny. Infinite sadness indeed.

Oh and by the way the only change honda had in the locktest was the ultra 2 motion. Nothing more, nothing else.
His damage was also nerfed.

For all you guys shitting on WCG Ultimate Gamer, the finals were straight up gaming.

I was shocked the CS Source champion got beaten down so badly in Reach, though. I was so sure he was going to win everything. I think I've met him at my cousin's house once, I'm not sure.

God's Beard said:
For all you guys shitting on WCG Ultimate Gamer, the finals were straight up gaming.

I was shocked the CS Source champion got beaten down so badly in Reach, though. I was so sure he was going to win everything. I think I've met him at my cousin's house once, I'm not sure.
This is bullshit

The finals were gimmick game unreleased game then kat getting blown up in rockband yaz throwing blazblu (who the fuck doesnt know how to block? even kat was blocking you gonna tell me yaz lost 5 rounds in a row without blocking? yet he knew combos?) and then yaz getting absolutely humbled in halo reach again acting like he didnt know how to play FPS? when he is a FPS player? yeeeah...no thats not gonna work.

Love the new Team Spooky intro. Is there going to be a big stream this weekend? I know SB5 is next week (I think). Can't wait.

And Akuma, Yanks won another one.

Gyrian

Morro! said:
Apparently i'm gonna be in the next Gooteck's PSN Ranked match adventures video, I just put Mike Ross' Ken on blast :lol

Haha, I can't wait to see this with their commentary over it. Dat Dudley.

Yaz was absolutely horrible in Blazblue. He did not do any worthwhile combos. I dont think I ever saw a aerial dash from him. Yaz is a PC FPS players, so I kinda expected him to do bad but not as bad as he did. I mean, he did have alot of time to practice.

AkumaHokoru said:
This is bullshit

The finals were gimmick game unreleased game then kat getting blown up in rockband yaz throwing blazblu (who the fuck doesnt know how to block? even kat was blocking you gonna tell me yaz lost 5 rounds in a row without blocking? yet he knew combos?) and then yaz getting absolutely humbled in halo reach again acting like he didnt know how to play FPS? when he is a FPS player? yeeeah...no thats not gonna work.

Yaz had an interview earlier where he said he had never heard of BlazBlu, and Kat happened to choose a character that he didn't know how to deal with. The guy didn't even know how to hold a stick, fighting games are one of his worst genres.

And apparently the time they were home was only like a couple days, even though it seemed longer. Yaz said he was playing the games all day every day, and only got about 8 hours with each.

As for Halo: Reach, apparently Kat was already a champion halo player, and Yaz doesn't really play console games. He obviously was trying to play like it was a war shooter, using cover and aiming carefully, but you don't need that in a game with aim assist. So kat just flew all over the place and headshotted him.

Then again, the youtube videos of yaz playing CSS are pretty ridiculous, so who knows?

DR2K

Banned
gutabo said:
Hey, what's with the honda hate? :( Runaway/projectile zonning kill him... if you know the matchup it's not even funny. Infinite sadness indeed.

Oh and by the way the only change honda had in the locktest was the ultra 2 motion. Nothing more, nothing else.

What's the match up like when you don't have a projectile? Yeah exactly.

Oh he got the damage nerfs he needed. They need to happen now though.

USD

Don't forget, the second round of GODSGARDEN Online #2 starts tonight. I believe it starts exactly 12 hours from now (4:30 EDT, oh joy).

DR2K said:
What's the match up like when you don't have a projectile? Yeah exactly.

Oh he got the damage nerfs he needed. They need to happen now though.

I'm no Honda expert, but as a Gief main, the matchup is about 5-5. I'm pretty sure that's about where Balrog stands too, give or take a .5. I'm sure there are other non-projectile characters I'm forgetting that can hold their own against him, so I wouldn't quite say that not having a projectile against Honda is a death sentence.

DR2K

Banned
Axelhortsemchi said:
I'm no Honda expert, but as a Gief main, the matchup is about 5-5. I'm pretty sure that's about where Balrog stands too, give or take a .5. I'm sure there are other non-projectile characters I'm forgetting that can hold their own against him, so I wouldn't quite say that not having a projectile against Honda is a death sentence.

It is quite a disadvantage because he hits like a tank. So irritating watching a quarter of my health go away over one headbutt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've never ran into or played anybody using Balrog whenever I pick Zangief. I know in vanilla that lariat was a pain in the ass to deal with using Balrog. Dash punches are almost never safe.

I haven't used Gief all that much in Super so I have no idea how big of a difference the matchup is now.

USD

_dementia said:
I don't know if I should go to be early or late to catch this
Yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm gonna stay up late or wake up early. :lol

Saturday
4:30 AM EDT - Uryo (Viper) VS Momochi (Ken)
6:30 AM EDT - Mago (Fei Long) VS YHC Mochi (Dhalsim)

In the most recent online matches I've seen (and in the first round), Mago's been blowing up Mochi, wonder how it will go this time around. It's round robin, so obviously there's much less at stake, but it should still be fun to watch.

Sunday
4:30 AM EDT - Daigo (Ryu) VS Momochi (Ken)
8:30 AM EDT - Daigo (Ryu) VS Sako (Cammy)

Maybe this time around pako won't get swept. :lol

Kadey said:
I've never ran into or played anybody using Balrog whenever I pick Zangief. I know in vanilla that lariat was a pain in the ass to deal with using Balrog. Dash punches are almost never safe.

I haven't used Gief all that much in Super so I have no idea how big of a difference the matchup is now.

Oh, issue of vagueness on my part, my bad. I meant that Honda/Rog was fairly even. Though yeah, in Super, the Rog/Gief matchup is a bit easier in Rog now, probably close to 5-5.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Gief's ghetto jumping, it's like he gained weight. And his lariat while still annoying is much more punishable.

Kadey said:

It was still in Balrog's favour, all he had to do was jump back fierce.

I usually won every Gief matchup due to that tactic.

Maybe it wasn't in Rog's favour after all.

God's Beard said:
Yaz had an interview earlier where he said he had never heard of BlazBlu, and Kat happened to choose a character that he didn't know how to deal with. The guy didn't even know how to hold a stick, fighting games are one of his worst genres.

And apparently the time they were home was only like a couple days, even though it seemed longer. Yaz said he was playing the games all day every day, and only got about 8 hours with each.

As for Halo: Reach, apparently Kat was already a champion halo player, and Yaz doesn't really play console games. He obviously was trying to play like it was a war shooter, using cover and aiming carefully, but you don't need that in a game with aim assist. So kat just flew all over the place and headshotted him.

Then again, the youtube videos of yaz playing CSS are pretty ridiculous, so who knows?
blocking is a natural thing. to play a game for 8 hrs and not know how to block means you are mentally retarded. I know little kids who know how to block fuck. i started playing streetfighter at 6. the first time i played THE VERY FIRST TIME I didnt know how to block (i also picked e-honda and got owned by dhalsim) the 2nd game...I knew how to block. i did it by mistake trying to walk away from the opponent and figured out...oh hey. blocking. then i died to throws.

As far as reach goes...uhh...yeah as someone who started on ut/quake/doom I was used to keyboard and mouse too. I played halo a few times and never got owned 15 to 1...i should note...im absofuckinglutely terrible at FPS

AkumaHokoru said:
blocking is a natural thing. to play a game for 8 hrs and not know how to block means you are mentally retarded. I know little kids who know how to block fuck. i started playing streetfighter at 6. the first time i played THE VERY FIRST TIME I didnt know how to block (i also picked e-honda and got owned by dhalsim) the 2nd game...I knew how to block. i did it by mistake trying to walk away from the opponent and figured out...oh hey. blocking. then i died to throws.

Never playing fighting games + only practice being in training mode = shitty defense and desperation tactics. He wanted that hundred Gs so bad that he fished for damage exclusively and got killed.

God's Beard said:
Never playing fighting games + only practice being in training mode = shitty defense and desperation tactics. He wanted that hundred Gs so bad that he fished for damage exclusively and got killed.

Sorry but no. this isnt going to fly because then he would have stomped her out hakuman is slow enough and vunerable enough that had he learned any offense at all (and he had as shown by him doing specials supers and combos) he would have won...he lost to kat pushing C. literally all she did was push C jump c crouch c netural c dashing c
that is all she did and she won. he took a dive.

AkumaHokoru said:
Sorry but no. this isnt going to fly because then he would have stomped her out hakuman is slow enough and vunerable enough that had he learned any offense at all (and he had as shown by him doing specials supers and combos) he would have won...he lost to kat pushing C. literally all she did was push C jump c crouch c netural c dashing c
that is all she did and she won. he took a dive.

He freaked the fuck out, man. You really think he dropped a hundred thousand bones in front of thousands of people? For what? You Team Spooky guys really like your conspiracy theories.

hitsugi

USD said:
Maybe this time around sako won't get swept. :lol
I'm sure sako has spent time in training mode against ryu doing c.mk -> fireball

..hopefully he's figured something out because no one else really has

God's Beard said:
He freaked the fuck out, man. You really think he dropped a hundred thousand bones in front of thousands of people? For what? You Team Spooky guys really like your conspiracy theories.
He didnt freak out during blaz. he was pretty out there during reach but during blaz he was fine hell in the fifth round he hit a ragna beginner BnB in its entirety and just stopped fighting back he had a huge lifelead and kat mashed C on him. you really think they didnt tell him to ease off her for blazblu? especially after how bad he mashed her up in rockband? he was actually playing rockband then and out to win. he was active and celebrating
during blaz the entire time he looked pissed because its likely he was told to lose so they could get to the 3rd game. then in reach he was surpised to see how quick kat had taken the lead and how much she already knew about the game. so yeah im calling rigged.

AkumaHokoru said:
He didnt freak out during blaz. he was pretty out there during reach but during blaz he was fine hell in the fifth round he hit a ragna beginner BnB in its entirety and just stopped fighting back he had a huge lifelead and kat mashed C on him. you really think they didnt tell him to ease off her for blazblu? especially after how bad he mashed her up in rockband? he was actually playing rockband then and out to win. he was active and celebrating
during blaz the entire time he looked pissed because its likely he was told to lose so they could get to the 3rd game. then in reach he was surpised to see how quick kat had taken the lead and how much she already knew about the game. so yeah im calling rigged.

Look, I'm sure players are told to say certain things, I'm sure they fake a lot of reactions, and I know that WCG cut out a lot of content that would give context to a lot of situations(extra practice time, people quitting early, etc).

But what fucking incentive could WCG give Yaz to fold? What do they have that's better than 100k and bragging rights? I seriously doubt that they were willing to drop 200+k on cash just so that they could prove women can play videogames. Let's get real.

vissione

Banned
Morro! said:
Goddammit I didn't make it in.

Maybe in the next one, I don't know, but gootecks sent me a message saying that I was gonna be in it :C

That one's still XBL... the PSN one is coming later. Plus it seems they're going to eventually fix the audio problems and actually do these live streamed in addition to youtube.

God's Beard said:
Look, I'm sure players are told to say certain things, I'm sure they fake a lot of reactions, and I know that WCG cut out a lot of content that would give context to a lot of situations(extra practice time, people quitting early, etc).

But what fucking incentive could WCG give Yaz to fold? What do they have that's better than 100k and bragging rights? I seriously doubt that they were willing to drop 200+k on cash just so that they could prove women can play videogames. Let's get real.
Think they wouldnt?

"WCG TOURNAMENT PRODUCES FIRST FEMALE WINNER FOR A MAJOR EVENT"
"WCG PROMOTES WOMENS RIGHTS"

those headlines look familiar? I took a headline from something and replaced it with WCG. the marketing money is insane. the positive press is insane.

If you watched blaz and think yaz didnt dive in blaz you buggin

he lost reach clean because that's kat's kind of game. she's a console fps player but if you get any pc fps player and put them on console they will get more than 1 kill guarenteed. so that's yaz's failure on his own, remember yaz was supposed to be an pc elite too...so yeah...there is alot i am calling bravo sierra on.

AkumaHokoru said:
Think they wouldnt?

"WCG TOURNAMENT PRODUCES FIRST FEMALE WINNER FOR A MAJOR EVENT"
"WCG PROMOTES WOMENS RIGHTS"

those headlines look familiar? I took a headline from something and replaced it with WCG. the marketing money is insane. the positive press is insane.

If you watched blaz and think yaz didnt dive in blaz you buggin

he lost reach clean because that's kat's kind of game. she's a console fps player but if you get any pc fps player and put them on console they will get more than 1 kill guarenteed. so that's yaz's failure on his own, remember yaz was supposed to be an pc elite too...so yeah...there is alot i am calling bravo sierra on.

Ok, so you think they paid Yaz over 100k so they could get the headline, but let him play his best at Reach? You're on crack, son. At least be consistent. They put Reach there as the biggest game, worth the most points DESPITE kat's natural advantage for one fucking reason. It's the biggest goddamn game out right now, and they probably got big bucks from M$. I seriously doubt that they'd go and give it to Yaz so they can be the holy bastion of gender equality. It's not a popular show, and it's not on a popular network. I don't see how it would outweigh the cost.

I'm not saying it's an honest show, but some things are absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom