• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USD said:
AMERICA STRAIGHT RAW, NO CONDOM
iwluur.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
http://i30.tinypic.com/iwluur.gif

Is Guile saying "Ho'kay" or "Hungry" there? :lol

Fuck it, why the fuck do I want to know? :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
oh hell nah

what are you wearing tonight? i'll be in the east coast by dinner.

hi everyone.

season's beatings redemption

get hypezilla

You know. Dinner was hours ago. All late. And you never gave me what I wanted. Bum!

On the stream:

MegaManSteve: "I wish there were more good deejay players"
Akumahokoru: "There are. There's one in the stream chat right now. Is Threi here? Threi is a really good Deejay player."

DryEyeRelief said:
On the stream:

MegaManSteve: "I wish there were more good deejay players"
Akumahokoru: "There are. There's one in the stream chat right now. Is Threi here? Threi is a really good Deejay player."

threi is officially pro

Spiderjericho said:
Hype match. Starnab beats Art.

Dieminion trolling on Team USA. Momochi, Daigo, Starnab, Gamerbee and Choco might have a shot at beating Wong and crew.

Is this the actual 5 vs 5 or some pre SB matches?

Fei Long is so awesome, I wish I had the time to learn another character!
Also I totally didn't expect Starnab to take the tournament in this convincing way.
Good shit France!

I'm trying to capture a cool combo for my ultimate combo gif, but it's so hard :lol

vs Seth:

jFP, cFP, RH xx EX MGB, Ducking Upper(stun), lvl 3 Focus, LK xx MK, LP, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC cLP, cLK xx MK xx Ducking Upper FADC LP xx MP, RH xx jab Jet Upper, Ultra 2, Rose Taunt

I can't get past the FADC gaaaaaaaah

I didn't crunch the numbers, but I think this combo kills Seth outright even with all the unnecessary crap. I'm positive it kills him if I go for another jFP, cFP, RH instead of the lvl 3 Focus, LK xx MK, LP, RH.

entremet

marathonfool said:
Again! I missed the good stuff. Any way to view Starnab's Fei Long?
Team Spooky puts all their matches on their YT channel. You might have to wait until tomorrow until they process it to upload.

gutabo

God's Beard said:
I'm trying to capture a cool combo for my ultimate combo gif, but it's so hard :lol

vs Seth:

jFP, cFP, RH xx EX MGB, Ducking Upper(stun), lvl 3 Focus, LK xx MK, LP, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC cLP, cLK xx MK xx Ducking Upper FADC LP xx MP, RH xx jab Jet Upper, Ultra 2, Rose Taunt

I can't get past the FADC gaaaaaaaah

I didn't crunch the numbers, but I think this combo kills Seth outright even with all the unnecessary crap. I'm positive it kills him if I go for another jFP, cFP, RH instead of the lvl 3 Focus, LK xx MK, LP, RH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNwU8omaayQ#t=2m19s

Not sure if it's the same combo, just saying...

USD

Really not surprised Art lost, I was expecting him to. It was clear from the beginning that Starnab had more Rose experience than Art had of Fei, and Art simply got out-played.

Execution-wise Starnab's no Mago, but he's an incredibly smart player. It was nice to see Starnab do the Mago combo once (HK CW > st.HP xx MK Flame Kick xx FADC > HK CW), so sexy to watch and does massive amounts of damage.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
Really not surprised Art lost, it was clear that Starnab had more Rose experience than Art had of Fei. Execution-wise Starnab's no Mago, but he's an incredibly smart player. It was nice to see Starnab do the Mago combo once (HK CW > st.HP xx MK Flame Kick xx FADC > HK CW), so sexy to watch and does massive amounts of damage.
he also was doing what i thought is near impossible; punishing Spirals on block

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Heads up on a contest I'll be throwing THIS WEEKEND in conjunction with our friends at Team Spooky:

CONTEST #1 - Twitter Contest (Open to all with twitter)

Follow @teamspooky @MadCatzInc @MarkMan23 for your chance to win! You will have to retweet a message this weekend. More details soon.

CONTEST #2 - Donation Raffle (Open to anyone that donates $5 or more to Team Spooky)

Donate at least $5 to the Team Spooky stream fund (every little bit helps). Every donation of $5 or more will be put into a raffle to win a limited edition Comic-Con TE FightStick. (Only 250 made). Every donation over $10 is guaranteed to get a FightStick keychain.

It's for a good cause. Our community.

More details on both soon!

gutabo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNwU8omaayQ#t=2m19s

Not sure if it's the same combo, just saying...

FUUUUUUUUU

That pre-stun is literally the same, and the finisher is the same. He uses the Marn combo to build meter, though. At least my connectors are cooler and more varied.

I had the pre-stun section a couple months ago, but I put together the second half today. Uggh, I'd probably be a way better Dudley if I actually ever visited SRK or youtube instead of just sitting in training mode for a hundred hours. Everything I've learned about Dudley I've got from training mode, running back my losses and watching Marn.

Well, I stole some hitbox data.

edit: OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Papi

MarkMan said:
Every donation over $10 is guaranteed to get a FightStick keychain.

It's for a good cause. Our community.
Can you please send a keychain to Australia? I will donate $50.
I've already spent $950 on TE sticks. =/

~Devil Trigger~ said:
he also was doing what i thought is near impossible; punishing Spirals on block

It's a 2 frame punish. If you're in range, most char can punish with a st. jab pretty easily. Ex drill is even easier to punish.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So Starnab busted everyone's ass I see. Fei Long is so good in super. I might add him to my roster. :D

Good luck to Team USA. No need to play nice. They've been kicking our asses for a while. It's time to return the favor. :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I never did figure out what changed so much about Fei Long that made him so much better in Super.

Was it just a case of him always being good, but people underestimating him? 'cause I know that's how it was with Cammy in Vanilla. She barely changed from Vanilla to Super, but she was ass-tier in Vanilla for the longest time, and now a lot of people consider her top. The only big thing about her that changed is her crossup isn't as shitty now.

Lost Fragment said:
So I never did figure out what changed so much about Fei Long that made him so much better in Super.

Was it just a case of him always being good, but people underestimating him? 'cause I know that's how it was with Cammy in Vanilla. She barely changed from Vanilla to Super, but she was ass-tier in Vanilla for the longest time, and now a lot of people consider her top. The only big thing about her that changed is her crossup isn't as shitty now.
Fei has a nice, high damage DP, great Focus Attack, can follow up with damage on guess DP FADC without meter, Rekka is like, the best poke, etc.

Though, he had all that in vanilla too :/

USD

Lost Fragment said:

To me, the only real notable change is that HK Chicken Wing is faster.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I really wanted to stay up and watch the rest, but I hit the sack after Art's second fight I think it was - timezone's way too far too watch the whole thing but Starnab kicked some ass I see - can't wait to see these matches later on today, and I hope that Team US saw what's up with Starnab and knows that he's not playing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom