• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference with fei longs chicken wing is so noticeable in super when compared to vanilla. Pretty sure it wasn't possible to dp fadc chicken wing in vanilla.

USD

Pop On Arrival said:
Difference with fei longs chicken wing is so noticeable in super when compared to vanilla. Pretty sure it wasn't possible to dp fadc chicken wing in vanilla.
It was. Even with how slow the HK version was, FADC HK CW was possible, though you had to be inputting CW immediately after the FADC to connect. MK was probably the better choice before.

And yeah, the faster speed is a huge change, as HK (and EX) CW gives Fei access to his highest damaging combos.

Lost Fragment said:
So I never did figure out what changed so much about Fei Long that made him so much better in Super.

Was it just a case of him always being good, but people underestimating him? 'cause I know that's how it was with Cammy in Vanilla. She barely changed from Vanilla to Super, but she was ass-tier in Vanilla for the longest time, and now a lot of people consider her top. The only big thing about her that changed is her crossup isn't as shitty now.

The strat guide for vanilla SF4 rated Fei as A tier. We all thought he was crazy, but he knew.

USD

This weekend's is gonna be godlike. There's Season's Beatings, of course, and then more GGO#2 action:

Saturday
6:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Uryo

Sunday
6:30 AM EDT - Uryo VS Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Sako

Looks like they're getting all of Mochi's hard matches out of the way. :lol

Looking forward to the Mago/Sako rematch.

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:
It's a 2 frame punish. If you're in range, most char can punish with a st. jab pretty easily. Ex drill is even easier to punish.
Properly spaced it can be safe, i.e. something like a -2 on block and out of range for a regular throw or something like that IIRC.

_dementia said:
Congrats on Your gamertag making a cameo in a YouTube video?
That's more like it!

USD said:
This weekend's is gonna be godlike. There's Season's Beatings, of course, and then more GGO#2 action:

Saturday
6:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Uryo

Sunday
6:30 AM EDT - Uryo VS Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Sako

Looks like they're getting all of Mochi's hard matches out of the way. :lol

Looking forward to the Mago/Sako rematch.

Mago/Sako, yes. Probably the best match-up on paper this weekend. But in regards to the rest, I'm looking forward to SB5. It's going to be hype. They said on the GC10 stream that Sako was going to be at SB. I know he's at the SoCal Regionals, but if he was at SB5. OMG!!

And tier lists are so pointless early in a game's life, as things can be discovered. You guys pointed out Cammy and Fei as prime examples. Gen used to be good (before they decided to tweak him in Super).

I wouldn't be surprised if people are saying Hakan is top tier once AE rolls around.

USD

Spiderjericho said:
Mago/Sako, yes. Probably the best match-up on paper this weekend. But in regards to the rest, I'm looking forward to SB5. It's going to be hype. They said on the GC10 stream that Sako was going to be at SB. I know he's at the SoCal Regionals, but if he was at SB5. OMG!!
Pretty sure that was a slip-up, I haven't heard anything about Sako being at SB.

Spiderjericho said:
And tier lists are so pointless early in a game's life, as things can be discovered. You guys pointed out Cammy and Fei as prime examples. Gen used to be good (before they decided to tweak him in Super).

I wouldn't be surprised if people are saying Hakan is top tier once AE rolls around.

Seriously. It's gonna be interesting how things change in these "tiers" as people pick it apart in AE.

Honestly, I think people just didn't know how to use Focus attacks all that well. Fei's was always pretty godlike.

I hope they really let him combo rekkas off of cMK in AE :lol

USD

God's Beard said:
Honestly, I think people just didn't know how to use Focus attacks all that well. Fei's was always pretty godlike.

I hope they really let him combo rekkas off of cMK in AE :lol
Fei would be god tier if crouch strong (or forward) was special-cancelable. It's why it will never happen.

GatorBait

So are there any good Ibuki players? I've been playing around with her a little bit and she seems like someone I want to play as either as a main or backup.

GatorBait said:
So are there any good Ibuki players? I've been playing around with her a little bit and she seems like someone I want to play as either as a main or backup.
the only ones i know of i have seen in streams
nerdjosh. lincoln, buktooth, etc.

GatorBait said:

Dementia mentioned the best US Ibuki players. As for Japan, Iyo, Acqua, and Q Lee are the best Ibuki players.

USD

God's Beard said:
OH REALLY?

Other notes on potential changes:

Command grab buff
Less U2 recovery
EX Rekka buff
no nerfs other than chicken wing infinites
If it does actually happen, then I guess Fei is god tier now. :lol

They do need to do something with EX Rekka, it's a pretty pointless move as it is now.

God's Beard said:
OH REALLY?

Other notes on potential changes:

Command grab buff
Less U2 recovery
EX Rekka buff
no nerfs other than chicken wing infinites
This sounds like a comprehensive tweaking of a character. Hopefully they apply these tweaks to all the characters.

edit: Abel's Breathless getting a nerf.

marathonfool said:
This sounds like a comprehensive tweaking of a character. Hopefully they apply these tweaks to all the characters.

edit: Abel's Breathless getting a nerf.
It seems like they are. Most of the changes from what we know are getting pretty crazy.

It seems like my characters are getting the best buffs, though :lol

If Dudley's rose works anything like 3s, watch out. People getting fucked up.

USD

Seriously, Fei would be ridiculous if it sticks.

As it is now, cr.MK into HP Rekkas would do 230 damage. People already hate Ryu's cr.MK xx Hadoken, wait until it they have to eat that on steroids. :lol

SephirothRK said:
The problem with this is accidental super.

Well, it was just a joke request anyway. I've been messing with Abel and he's enough fun that I was going to use him as a secondary, but I don't want to be another floyd so I'll stick with Fei.

I just went looking at the tournament section at SRK again. Why the hell are there 3 Majors in the same weekend? Granted SCR will overshadow the other two with bigger names, a bigger cash prize, and international guest Sako and Gamerbee. Basically what I'm saying is it's too bad. I'm sure Texas and Florida would like another chance to show off there talent but all eyes will be glued to Cali again(including me of course).

Rice-Eater said:
I just went looking at the tournament section at SRK again. Why the hell are there 3 Majors in the same weekend? Granted SCR will overshadow the other two with bigger names, a bigger cash prize, and international guest Sako and Gamerbee. Basically what I'm saying is it's too bad. I'm sure Texas and Florida would like another chance to show off there talent but all eyes will be glued to Cali again(including me of course).
I'm going to SFC, but I want to watch SCR :lol

cHaotix8

Rice-Eater said:

Yeah it's really messed up. Throw in the fact that both Absolute Battle and MLG Dallas are on the same weekend as well and that shreds the player base. I would of loved to go to SCRs but I gotta represent the local community.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue. I turn on the lights, the tv and the radio.

All these streams this week and I will miss a huge deal of it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I just picked up Chris Hu at the airport and dropped him off at Momo2. I was also supposed to pick up Gamerbee today but one of his friends is taking care of that. I'm the chauffeur of the SF community :lol

We're looking for Gamerbee at the moment, who was supposed to have been here at 4 PM but I'm guessing is sleeping in his hotel. I saw Yipes, Justin Wong, Henry Cen already at Momo2 playing casuals. One day left!!

entremet

SnowWolf said:
I just picked up Chris Hu at the airport and dropped him off at Momo2. I was also supposed to pick up Gamerbee today but one of his friends is taking care of that. I'm the chauffeur of the SF community :lol

We're looking for Gamerbee at the moment, who was supposed to have been here at 4 PM but I'm guessing is sleeping in his hotel. I saw Yipes, Justin Wong, Henry Cen already at Momo2 playing casuals. One day left!!
Did you just get that tag with this post? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom