• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eissan

so I am playin ranked tonight and I see this guy named "a listcelebrity" and I join his room without checking the type and it turned out it was a one rounder at 30seconds...he uses chun and hits you once or chips you and runs the rest of the match...beat me the first time just because I wasnt paying attention...then I played him AGAIN...about 6 times and ran from him like a hooker running from wayne brady :D.

let's just say on the 6th game with about 2 seconds left when he realized I am using his own tactic against him(beat him 4 times) he d/c. I sent him a message with only ???? marks and here is his reply:

5082507011_4062af8ea6_z.jpg

oh did I get a kick out of that! :lol

Degen

Somebody tried that garbage on me in PSN Ranked and I didn't realize it until the match ended all of a sudden. But his lame ass was almost KO'd already :lol

Rice-Eater said:
I just went looking at the tournament section at SRK again. Why the hell are there 3 Majors in the same weekend? Granted SCR will overshadow the other two with bigger names, a bigger cash prize, and international guest Sako and Gamerbee. Basically what I'm saying is it's too bad. I'm sure Texas and Florida would like another chance to show off there talent but all eyes will be glued to Cali again(including me of course).

Shitty timeline of events

- We announce Absolute Battle 2k10, WWWWOOOOO hhhyyypppee

- MLG announces MLG Dallas, same day same city as AB - FFFFUUUU

- SCR announces their event +10,000 pot and international players - FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Yeah, sucks to not only have a bigger major on the same day as your tourney (which was announced way before hand), but to also have MLG have their shit on the same day taking out the tekken crowd (which is generally just as big as the sf crowd if not bigger in tx) essentially cutting your player base in damn near half.

:(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For such an "easy to use" character, Cody's trials are some serious bullshit.

2HP 5HP Criminal Upper, SUPER/Dead End Irony catch them.

WTF at the last bit. :| They want it done just as CU is starting. Ugh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Friday baybe! It's going to be a fine day today. Good luck to all the people for SB. (Yankees are going to get blown up) :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
eissan said:
so I am playin ranked tonight and I see this guy named "a listcelebrity" and I join his room without checking the type and it turned out it was a one rounder at 30seconds...he uses chun and hits you once or chips you and runs the rest of the match...beat me the first time just because I wasnt paying attention...then I played him AGAIN...about 6 times and ran from him like a hooker running from wayne brady :D.

let's just say on the 6th game with about 2 seconds left when he realized I am using his own tactic against him(beat him 4 times) he d/c. I sent him a message with only ???? marks and here is his reply:

5082507011_4062af8ea6_z.jpg

oh did I get a kick out of that! :lol
Classic :lol I love stories like this.
And kudos on your tactful use of "????" It's such an innocent inquiry, yet you know as well as he what really went down. It riles up chumps like this so much more!

I'm in a pool with Starnab and Chris Hu for SBR! :lol Hopefully, I make it enough through pools to be top 100 out of 400 or so. It looks like Starnab is definitely advancing and Chris Hu might take that other spot and make top 32.

LakeEarth

eissan said:
My favourite saved replay of mine is of me beating a 30 second'er before time was up.

With the recent announcement of Capcom's Fight Club being held in Atlanta and my attendance now confirmed, what exactly happens at one besides the obvious MvC3 build being available on kiosks?

CaptainMintMan said:
With the recent announcement of Capcom's Fight Club being held in Atlanta and my attendance now confirmed, what exactly happens at one besides the obvious MvC3 build being available on kiosks?
lots of people. free pizza and drinks. some nice trinkets and other games available for play.

I like Akumaho, no homo. He says real talk and will tell how he feels. And he prefaces by saying it's his opinion but still people get butt hurt.

Just looked at the brackets. Man East, West and Mid plus South killers.

Flash, Filipino Champ, Floe, Gootecks, Combofiend, James Chen, J.Wong, Inthul, Ryder, Art, Sanford, Chris Hu, Marn, Dieminion, Daigo, Momochi, Gamerbee, etc. Should be good matches when it gets to top 32. Hopefully some new pad warriors emerge to cause upsets.

USD

I really want an East Coast VS West Coast 5-on-5 exhibition. Hasn't been one since Bar Fights II a year ago (EAST COAST IS BEAST COAST, never forget). I was really disappointed the Salty Suite 5-on-5 at Evo didn't pan out. Since Wong and Marn aren't East Coast anymore, it would be a lot more interesting to see how it would go down now.

USD

Pool 5 is ridiculous. Momochi, Ryder, Auto-Demon, Dawgtanian (though he was looking pretty free at GC10), MrQuotes, Buktooth. None of the other pools look anywhere as bad. I'm predicting Momochi and Ryder claw their way out, but who knows.

Anyone have a the schedule?

I probably won't be able to watch most of it though. I wonder if they are going to record the entire top 32/16. Will need to catch them on youtube.

USD said:
Pool 5 is ridiculous. Momochi, Ryder, Auto-Demon, Dawgtanian (though he was looking pretty free at GC10), MrQuotes, Buktooth. None of the other pools look anywhere as bad. I'm predicting Momochi and Ryder claw their way out, but who knows.

imo, depends on who wins between RyRy and Buktooth in losers. Meeting Momochi is like the ticket to the losers bracket.

I'd like to see Dawgtanian and Buktooth fight for shits and giggles.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
imo, depends on who wins between RyRy and Buktooth in losers. Meeting Momochi is like the ticket to the losers bracket.

I'd like to see Dawgtanian and Buktooth fight for shits and giggles.
Ah, missed RyRy. Pool 9 will also be interesting, with Marn, NerdJosh, Mike Infinite and Yipes.

USD said:
Ah, missed RyRy. Pool 9 will also be interesting, with Marn, NerdJosh, Mike Infinite and Yipes.

pool 8 is full of semi-big hitters, so it's hard for me to make a prediction. Inthul, gootecks, ryan hunter and ludthinks.

What I think top 32 will look like:

Pool 1
Daigo Umehara
Andre Lambert

Pool 2
EG Justin Wong
Dieminion

Pool 3
GamerBee
Evil Elvis

Pool 4
StarNab
Chris Hu

Pool 5
Momochi
Ryder

Pool 6
Sabin
Filipino Champ

Pool 7
Henry Cen
PR Balrog

Pool 8
DMG Lud
DMG Inthul

Pool 9
EG Marn
Yipes

Pool 10
Mike Ross
???

Pool 11
Combo Fiend
Sanford Kelly

Pool 12
WolfKrone
Choko Blanka

Pool 13
JuiceBox
Banana Ken

Pool 14
MarlinPie
Dr Chaos

Pool 15
Flash Metroid
???

Pool 16
Floe
Jchensor

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
pool 8 is full of semi-big hitters, so it's hard for me to make a prediction. Inthul, gootecks, ryan hunter and ludthinks.

What I think top 32 will look like:
Heh, my top 32 was the exact same, except I had XAQShinor instead of Evil Elvis (I knew that name was familiar) in Pool 3 and NerdJosh instead of Yipes in Pool 9. I put Perfect Legend in 10 (only other player than Mike Ross I've heard of) and Fubar in 15 (lol GAF).

With the way the players are spread out, unless there are some major upsets, your list is most likely how it will go down.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm so sad that I won't be able to watch the whole thing. :(

So many damn events this weekend!

GAF ♥ Team Spooky ♥ Daigo

Joekage

I have my doubts that Ryder will take out Buktooth, and sure as hell Dawgtanian aint doing it. I got faith in my mentor/sensei/rival. Only person I'm worried about for him in that pool is Momochi and Ryder somewhat but I think Ibuki can rush him down pretty convincingly and I'm sure Buk has some OS for the ex roll to negate the kunai vortex.

Joekage said:
I have my doubts that Ryder will take out Buktooth, and sure as hell Dawgtanian aint doing it. I got faith in my mentor/sensei/rival. Only person I'm worried about for him in that pool is Momochi and Ryder somewhat but I think Ibuki can rush him down pretty convincingly and I'm sure Buk has some OS for the ex roll to negate the kunai vortex.

I agree with you actually. Ryder's pretty free to Ibuki, seeing him fight Josh Wong's Ibuki.

That's why I said it depends on RyRy vs Buktooth. If Buktooth wins, probably he will be the one to advance instead of Ryder.

Ryder's at the far end of the bracket. His biggest threats will be Quotes and Dawgtanian, but I think he'll get to winners finals, lose to Momochi and then fight whoever is waiting for him in losers finals.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kadey said:
Kuma is husband material.

Are you getting drunk, Kadey? I want to make sure you are before I play a round with you. :lol

Regarding international players, how do they afford the trip?
Are they staying at other player's places? Do they cover their own airfare?
I know Daigo is sponsored, so he's most likely covered by his sponsors. But what about the rest?

bigmit3737 said:
Regarding international players, how do they afford the trip?
Are they staying at other player's places? Do they cover their own airfare?
I know Daigo is sponsored, so he's most likely covered by his sponsors. But what about the rest?

The people in charge of the tournament payed for Momochi, Choco Blanka and Gamerbee (maybe even Daigo). I think Starnab and Dawgtanian came on their own dime though.

TurtleSnatcher said:
whats wrong with Spooky?

I remember Seb having trouble at this venue a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom