• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
why
cant
I
fucking
safe jump

God I suck soo much....

If I jump against a knocked down opponent as balrog, and do a HK in the last second against a wakeup shoryu I should be able to block it right? And if he only blocks & crouches he should get hit by my HK right? RITE?!

:(, what am I doing wrong...
It's reallyyyyyyyy hard to time braahh!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can I get my GT added to the first post, MThanded on both PSN and XBL

Mostly play on XBL though.

Corky said:
why
cant
I
fucking
safe jump

God I suck soo much....

If I jump against a knocked down opponent as balrog, and do a HK in the last second against a wakeup shoryu I should be able to block it right? And if he only blocks & crouches he should get hit by my HK right? RITE?!

:(, what am I doing wrong...

most safe jump setups are from a throw or rh sweep. Maybe, you are doing it in a different situation where they are able to quick get up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just don't jump.

kennyj.gif

Kadey said:
Just don't jump.

kennyj.gif

i notice that tactic with a lot of flowchart shotos....they fireball you to bait a jump and when you do, they follow with their own jump, lol. Sometimes I fall for it, and I gotta remember to constantly buffer a dp when I get baited.

The funniest part about Scumbag vs Juicebox Abel is that they both played eachother in AZ Ranbats so its not like it was like they didnt know eachother.. Must be some bad blood!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Imm0rt4l said:
lol kadey puttin this guy on notice you should come play with the big boys in psn nightly gafchat. Say no to scrubs!

Fate decides how good my opponents are. :D

I can only play non-serious games here and there while getting that Shining C.

TurtleSnatcher said:
The funniest part about Scumbag vs Juicebox Abel is that they both played eachother in AZ Ranbats so its not like it was like they didnt know eachother.. Must be some bad blood!

I thought someone on here said he has beef with certain AZ people?

Hugbot

Holy shit at the Kenjump .gif. I still have the awful scrub jump tendencies and even I learn after the second DP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NeoGIF said:
:lol :lol

Kadey, you've officially earned T-shirt below:

ws791e.jpg

Charge it to MarkMan's account. :lol
Where do I buy this?!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DryEyeRelief said:
this is your best gif

I actually hit him with like 7 of them throughout the whole match. These four were just the ones in succession. :D

I have no many gifs that none are really favorites. Most of them are meant to be funny. America's funniest SF moments.

MThanded

Yoshichan said:
What's up with the UI in this video? The ultra/super bar is near the middle of the screen :lol
you can move it up in the options menu

Anyone know how much i could sell a mint virtua stick high grade for?

Yoshichan

MThanded said:
you can move it up in the options menu
Wow... you'd think after 300+ hours with SSFIV, you'd know about this.

explodet

My quest towards silly Shining C continues, my list now includes Seth and Zangief. Currently working on Guy.

What's weird about Seth is I thought I'd lose match after match because he loses health if you look at him funny, but somehow I managed to get 8 wins in a row. I think experience with both shotos and grapplers really helped me get Seth's groove. Then I lost the 9th by a sliver, and won the match after that. As I don't have the 10 wins ones yet, I was sad.

MThanded

_dementia said:
$150+ easily
I have one sitting in my living room but I rarely us it. Need to figure out what to do with it.

explodet said:
My quest towards silly Shining C continues, my list now includes Seth and Zangief. Currently working on Guy.

What's weird about Seth is I thought I'd lose match after match because he loses health if you look at him funny, but somehow I managed to get 8 wins in a row. I think experience with both shotos and grapplers really helped me get Seth's groove. Then I lost the 9th by a sliver, and won the match after that. As I don't have the 10 wins ones yet, I was sad.
I got 9 wins in a row. FML...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Threi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDg-5qlJos

made me laugh. Rog did barely anything and still almost won the match. What a terrible matchup :lol

welp, might as well chip in with my experiences with the rog - deejay matchup.
I'm not that good with rog but I guess I could call him my main or whatever. But boy oooh boy did rokitty tear me a couple of new ones with his deejay.

Kinda wish I would've saved those matches just to see which mistakes I kept doing over and over again, but whatever I did rokittys deejay fucked me up att each corner.

MThanded

SUPARSTARX said:
What? That expensive?? It's such a small stick if it's the grey/yellow one I'm thinking of.
Fairly hard to get. It looks like this though

fvxxc3.jpg

Corky

blah cant find that code giveaway thread.

Any of you ladies want an alan wake DLC - code? 27/7 release...

Thought I'd check if anyone here was interested before writing in the alan wake thread.

Wiseblade

Corky said:
blah cant find that code giveaway thread.

Any of you ladies want an alan wake DLC - code? 27/7 release...

Thought I'd check if anyone here was interested before writing in the alan wake thread.

BTW, GG for yesterday(?, everything over the past weekend is pretty much a blur at this point) Been a long time since I played a Balrog who didn't go straight to trying to punish my crouch teching.

hikarutilmitt said:
That's... beyond flowchart. What the hell is he thinking?

Eh, could be jumping jitters. I have the same problem too when I get nervous or tense during a match. Strategy goes right out. Happens when there's an opponent your not too confident against.

I just got my prizes from Madcatz. Thanks so much. I requested 2 XB360 pads and 1 PS3 pad instead of a stick since I have a 360 stick already. The PS3 pad is for tourneys and when I go over to like Buktooths place and if I need it for a PS3. I'm a pad player so I prefer. Gonna keep 2 at work.

Megaman and Claptrap approve! :D

2m6juyp.jpg

Yoshichan

Ugh, I can't stand looking at sticks on the Internet anymore. So much time wasted on finding a good stick these past weeks... so much money wasted on crap.

Corky

Wiseblade said:
BTW, GG for yesterday(?, everything over the past weekend is pretty much a blur at this point) Been a long time since I played a Balrog who didn't go straight to trying to punish my crouch teching.

:) GG man I hope you do know that when I do those genius fullscreen moron dash-punches I'm laughing at myself irl.

Now of course every single time I got a brainfart and did them, you ( obviously xD ) punished me with the ultra spark. Hopefully that'll teach me to stop doing those again.

Its great fun playing against you, I'm really on edge against fuerte :D. Escaping the mindgames/mix-ups of fuerte is sometimes a fun metagame in by itself.

I'm looking forward to us getting these gaffers in a lobby and just having at it :D

Yoshichan said:
Ugh, I can't stand looking at sticks on the Internet anymore. So much time wasted on finding a good stick these past weeks... so much money wasted on crap.
That's why you research before you buy

Yoshichan

_dementia said:
That's why you research before you buy
Sorry, the hyperbole in the west world made me think Japan had every stick in the world in places like Akihabara. It wasn't until I had searched for 10 hours a day for a week that I realized there were no good sticks available in Japan, unless you wanted to customize (by buying buttons etc). And no, before I bought any stick what so ever I did my best searching around the Internet for places where to buy sticks in Japan and how much did that help me...? Every recommended place pretty much guided me to second hand shops which had crappy ass sticks (and most of the times no sticks at all).

It's far, far less troublesome just sitting here in Europe, buying a Madcatz or w/e stick on the Internet. That's what I learned after the trip.

I love when Kadey posts those gifs of her matches. That one was pretty hilarious, but I still think that gif of when she did Ken's ultra and it failed against a Gouken? and the Gouken proceeded to walk forward for some stupid reason and kadey won. :lol

Also, subscribed. I haven't played this game in like 2 weeks, but I love hearing the discussion on here and I like discussing the competitive scene of SF on here. I'll probably start playing again though.

@ Corky

Safe jump with Jumping Fierce P. with Rog.

it works with a lot of characters, but shoryu's beat it out 90% of the time, the timing is super strict against SRK's so you are better off not jumping in unless you know they wont wake up SRK. and yeah, it's best to do it after a knockdown.

zon

So I sat down with Ruy just now since I finally decided to use him as my main, I doubled my PP in just this session. :lol

I have to say, I feel really comfortable playing him. I never get the feeling that the character is missing something that I want to have which I've gotten with every other character that I've tried out so far. I even easily beat a guy with the same pp as me, but 4000+ bp on his ken compared to my 1000 bp ruy. That felt real good.

Now I just have to learn how to block cross-ups, I still can't get that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom