• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Sooooo, I might be going to Slugfest VII in Portland at Ground Kontrol. First tournament ever. I'm visiting my friend Jess in Portland and it just so happens that there's an SF tournament happening that weekend!!!

Timedog said:
Sooooo, I might be going to Slugfest VII in Portland at Ground Kontrol. First tournament ever. I'm visiting my friend Jess in Portland and it just so happens that there's an SF tournament happening that weekend!!!

Do it. The only thing with that is the last tournament I went to, it helped to have a dual mod stick because they had no control over what setup you played on (and unlike Evo, they had 360s and PS3s). The arcade was the Final Round Arcade where they're holding South Florida Challenge 4.

Anyways, just make sure you're calm. Loose. Definitely hit up practice mode to work on your combo executions. Maybe watch some videos or read the character thread for matchup info. And don't get discouraged if you get knocked to loser's. You still have a chance to win it all. Ask Gamerbee.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
Do it. The only thing with that is the last tournament I went to, it helped to have a dual mod stick because they had no control over what setup you played on (and unlike Evo, they had 360s and PS3s). The arcade was the Final Round Arcade where they're holding South Florida Challenge 4.

Anyways, just make sure you're calm. Loose. Definitely hit up practice mode to work on your combo executions. Maybe watch some videos or read the character thread for matchup info. And don't get discouraged if you get knocked to loser's. You still have a chance to win it all. Ask Gamerbee.

It says bring your own x360 compatible arcade stick, so I'm good! I'm sure I'll go 2 and out, especially since I haven't been playing for months now (notice my absense in this thread), but that's cool. I'll def practice before the time comes though!

MIMIC

Banned
I hate Dan so much. I get shut down a lot with good Dan players (sometimes even the bad ones :lol).

Also....was playing Endless against ANOTHER 18K BP Ryu player and I made him leave after I splashed 3 straight times. Well, what did he expect? He THREW me 3 straight times on my wake-up =p

(he wasn't exactly best Ryu player I've played but he seemed legit; wouldn't say he boosted)

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Timedog said:

Where the hell have you been?

Timedog said:
It says bring your own x360 compatible arcade stick, so I'm good! I'm sure I'll go 2 and out, especially since I haven't been playing for months now (notice my absense in this thread), but that's cool. I'll def practice before the time comes though!

Though I am sure you know this, don't jump in srk in a tourney lol. I fell for it a few times but once I started thinking to bait it you started feeling pain. GGs though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
stabicron7 said:
Though I am sure you know this, don't jump in srk in a tourney lol. I fell for it a few times but once I started thinking to bait it you started feeling pain. GGs though.

I was practicing option selects, which I think are effective in the bison matchup. I'm trying to learn a few things I've never bothered with before.

140.85 said:
Where the hell have you been?

Working/painting/writing/making music. Don't worry I've been starting to actually play a bit lately.

Anybody tried carrying an arcade stick as a carry on bag on a flight?

LakeEarth

Yeah, the problem with Genei Jin is that you had to deal with it 2-3 times a round. It just can't happen with SF4. I don't think we'll be seeing too many people activating it after a knockdown too often and mostly rely on combo-ing into it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Threi said:
his normals aren't that bad.
They really are. He has one good kick and nothing else as far as normals go.

Lost Fragment said:
Oh God the Dan mirror. I don't think i've ever seen one of those.
These were always the best when I was still playing regularly. 30 seconds of taunting before somebody would actually hit the other guy. :lol

Threi

notag
Sixfortyfive said:
They really are. He has one good kick and nothing else as far as normals go.
One good long range poke is all you need.

Worst thing is he can't really cancel a lot of them, and can't create any real blockstrings, but they aren't minus on hit.

They are workable. Already stated though his specials are really damn good, fireball aside.

Leunam

_Xenon_ said:
Dan's DP, dash and FA are probably the best in game and his Dan kick is wacky as hell. The most important thing is that player is the fucking "big bro" striper fighter.

wat wat wat

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Leunam said:
wat wat wat
N_475854_1201980.JPG

hitsugi

Dartastic said:
Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy Makoto's costume pack. *cries*
Don't do it D: ive trained myself to love guys original costume over all others and it's saving me. Maybe in a few years they'll release a mega costume bundle with everything...

XenoRaven

LakeEarth said:
Yeah, the problem with Genei Jin is that you had to deal with it 2-3 times a round. It just can't happen with SF4. I don't think we'll be seeing too many people activating it after a knockdown too often and mostly rely on combo-ing into it.
Isn't his little double palm strike move a command input that he can whiff full screen though? Or was that a joke and I just don't know Yun's moves.

I don't agree with making it stronger, even without the ability to build meter. But at the very least it won't be as frequent.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MiniBossBattle said:
Is iPlayWinner down?

Site seems fine for me.

As a nobody in the scene, I'm happy to see my SBR photos popping up on cool places. It's been in Gooteck's cross-counter video and on SRK, iplaywinner, eventhubs. Thanks to everybody who has properly credited me.

Dartastic

hitsugi said:
Don't do it D: ive trained myself to love guys original costume over all others and it's saving me. Maybe in a few years they'll release a mega costume bundle with everything...
It's my first and only pack me thinks. I cant help it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom