• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Mochi finally takes one, making Momochi look free in the process. :lol

Next match starts in 2 hours 15 minutes.

And when it's not work, it's oversleeping. I could just catch the three last matches. :lol

KajunW said:
What remains is a tentative Daigo that, quite frankly, we haven't seen before in the SF4 era. Predictable fireball patterns, long patches during these matches where he seems to not read his opponent and defend anything at all, and the subsequent DP mashing that follows from it. Time will tell if this is just a 'normal' slump, or a 'real' one. I'm leaning towards the latter.

It's not like we have any idea what's going on in the guy's head with his Steven Seagal face and all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I need an mp3 of Kindevu's laugh. Going to make great use of it.

And I know the Ken, Fei match up dearly. So easy to get reversed flame kick, out poked and chicken wing after throwing fireball.

USD

Mago's just too damn good. Guaranteed himself second palace at worst, now it just comes down to his match with Daigo (and possibly the result of the Sako/Uryo match).
bigmit3737 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Commentators are insane.

Has Momo tried jumping in more?
He did plenty of jumping into Flame Kick FADC Chicken Wing, over and over.

KajunW

Momochi went 0.200 for the day (5-20), ouch.

Mago clinches it next week by winning his final match with Daigo, or if Uryo beats Sako (which happened in the first round).

USD

KajunW said:
Momochi went 0.200 for the day (5-20), ouch.

Mago clinches it next week by winning his final match with Daigo, or if Uryo beats Sako (which happened in the first round).
Sako beat Uryo in the qualifiers. He only lost to Daigo, Mago, and Kindevu.

Axis

mago is broken, confirmed. his footsies are insane and i can't believe fei long is actually being BUFFED in ae(from reports so far)...that's outrageous lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Remember when Mago first started using Fei and was getting beaten and mocked by Starnab and Inthul lovers? Yeah. He leveled up tremendously and is easily top three in the world overall.

USD

The tentative schedule for the final week:

Saturday
6:30 AM EDT - Umehara VS YHC Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Uryo

Sunday
9:00 AM EDT - Umehara VS Mago

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	4-0
Sako:	3-1
Uryo:	2-2
Daigo: 	1-2
Mochi:	1-3
Momochi:1-4

If Sako wins and Mago loses, there will be another FT10 between the two at a later date to decide the winner. But with Mago's hot streak and Daigo's supposed slump, wouldn't be surprised if Mago rips a hole through him.

Axis

Kadey said:
Remember when Mago first started using Fei and was getting beaten and mocked by Starnab and Inthul lovers? Yeah. He leveled up tremendously and is easily top three in the world overall.

i don't think there's a better player in the world right now...lots of players are "up there" but i think he's leading the pack as it stands...his control of matches is incredible and one mistake=death...i can't say that about anyone else, sans sako, who is my personal favorite player :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mago is the best right now. I just don't want to say because a certain someone would get mad at me. :D

:lol at Sako playing pinball.

14c7bdw.jpg

Axis

Kadey said:
Mago is the best right now. I just don't want to say because a certain someone would get mad at me. :D

:lol at Sako playing pinball.

14c7bdw.jpg

haha understandable :D

sako is a boss, he can play whatever he wants!

as long as it's not some moe idolmasters :(

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
I think Sako will have a tough time in USA. SoCal has tons of Boxer players, which is Cammy's hardest matchup.

i'm sure sako knows the matchup like the back of his hand tho...i don't think any of the balrog players have played a cammy like sako

Just watched most of the Mago/Momochi match. Complete domination. Right now, many of those Japanese players are having issues with Mago's execution and footsies and the Fei-long matchup.

And Sako will most likely get blown up in some way when he comes to SoCal. No one is immune to this.

In Gamerbee's visit, we've seen him get blown up by Makoto, Cammy and Rose. It's as much as the player and to an extent the matchup (no one can completely be comfortable and proficient in every matchup).

Daigo is not great at the Ryu/Dhalsim matchup.

Edit: I didn't understand why Mago picked U2 against Sako/Momochi. I can understand it being used as a deterrent but Momo was spamming those step kicks while Mago landed the flame kick FADC CW plenty of times and could've gotten extra damage.

Domstercool

Ah man. I'm in noob hype mood right now! Managed to beat a 12700 BP Dhalsim with my Makoto. Yeah I know BP means nothing, but just felt so good. He wasn't a crap player at all.

*Bounces around all hyped up*

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
In Gamerbee's visit, we've seen him get blown up by Makoto, Cammy and Rose. It's as much as the player and to an extent the matchup (no one can completely be comfortable and proficient in every matchup).

Daigo is not great at the Ryu/Dhalsim matchup.
/QUOTE]

This. take KOF98. Similar roster size, even with picking 3 chars and a simpler system, it takes people YEARS to be familiar with the matchups. You can gimmick people if you know how to use some low-tier chars, but you risk getting blown up in the process if they know the gimmick.

Kadey said:

I distinctly remember him beating Daigo in some casual matches when he swapped, I was ready for that shit.

USD

God's Beard said:
I distinctly remember him beating Daigo in some casual matches when he swapped, I was ready for that shit.
Yeah, when Super released I was thinking "WHERE IS YOUR SAGOD NOW?", but then I watched him blowing up Tokido with Fei on the weekly GG stream. I think a lot of people were expecting Mago to get exposed without the strength of Sagat, but he's certainly proven to be a beast period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom