• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
What chance would Spiderjericho, Axis and random GAFer have of winning the teams if we had to go against Valle (LA Riots, #2 @ Norcal Regionals 2009, etc), Gamerbee (top 8 Evo and SB5 champ) and Andy?

i've beaten andyocr a few times(albeit online...but he's still great online)...but in a tourney setting? who knows lol

we play a decent amount luckily for me so i get some good practice against bipson other than dbj(who i think is just as good as andyocr)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Busaiku said:
So is Gamerbee just hanging out in the US until SCR?
Or is he staying even longer?

Pretty cool regardless.

He's staying until SoCal's tournament is over, and then he's going back to Taiwan.

idiculous invincibility.

You mean Cody's "Zonk Knuckle?" Only if it hits. If you block it, Cody is easily available to punish from it. EX Zonk is even worse.

cHaotix8 said:
None if you go in with the mentality that you've lost before the match even starts. They're human just like you are.

I would agree. And I'm not exhibiting a defeatist attitude. I'm just being real. Could I pull an upset, yes. @ SB5, Canada put the Gamerbee team on blast.

hitsugi

cHaotix8 said:
None if you go in with the mentality that you've lost before the match even starts. They're human just like you are.
Real talk. A lot of people probably lose their match before it even starts thanks to that kind of mentality

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
After my Gamerbee interview and my Season's Beatings photo gallery, my last bit of media is some random videos of hands. Almost all these were filmed during the 5v5 exhibition at random moments, so most of them are during slow parts of matches and don't have a lot going on. I think the Momochi and Justin vids have the most action:

Momochi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRt8UVm-mzE
Justin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezuf4AgyFgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXmuCXMeyU
Daigo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njD-HCyXWj4

Plus a couple others on my channel that don't show too much.

SnowWolf said:
After my Gamerbee interview and my Season's Beatings photo gallery, my last bit of media is some random videos of hands. Almost all these were filmed during the 5v5 exhibition at random moments, so most of them are during slow parts of matches and don't have a lot going on. I think the Momochi and Justin vids have the most action:

Momochi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRt8UVm-mzE

Wow. Momochi is fucking hype in his Homer shirt!

kitzkozan

This wasn't Gamerbee night. :lol

He lost more often than I expected,even against Stein's Cammy... :lol I already know how a confrontation between him and Sako will end.

Nowhere close to being unbeatable or the best in the world.He doesn't have that aura of invincibility that Daigo had in the US before season's beating V. :p Top 10 in the world for sure,but only way you can become the best is by living in Japan right now.I would love to see where he end up in a godgarden FT10 against Mago,Sako,Daigo,Uryo,Momochi,etc.

There's some hungry wolves right now. Gamerbee is the guy with the mark on his head with his win at SB5.

But I'm sure his time in America will help improve him. It's not like he didn't win top 8 @ Evo, SB5, embarrass Alex Valle, etc. He's still good but no is unbeatable...even Daigo (or Sako, Mago or Justin Wong).

USD

The next GGO#2 matches start in around 4 hours:

Sunday
6:30 AM EDT - YHC Mochi VS Momochi
9:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Momochi

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	3-0
Sako:	3-1
Uryo:	2-2
Daigo: 	1-2
Momochi:1-2
Mochi:	0-3

kitzkozan

Spiderjericho said:
There's some hungry wolves right now. Gamerbee is the guy with the mark on his head with his win at SB5.

But I'm sure his time in America will help improve him. It's not like he didn't win top 8 @ Evo, SB5, embarrass Alex Valle, etc. He's still good but no is unbeatable...even Daigo (or Sako, Mago or Justin Wong).

It's all cool,I love to watch his sick Adon. :D

That being said,Ross and Gootecks were saying that he's the best in the world (although they added arguably).Nope,he's not the best in the world.I don't see him winning a lot of FT10 against most japanese in the GG FT10.

If he were to live in Japan and level up at the arcade,than yeah possibly the best in the world.He became this good while being in a weak scene,so being exposed 24/7 to the best competition would allow him to be on par with the japanese gods (Daigo,Mago,Sako).

What I take from this also: I think that Sako won't win that socal tournament.USA ain't free,not by a long shot.Way too many hungry wolves out there and they are preparing themselves for the Cammy matchup.Got the feeling Sako will go down in a Marn/Daigo kind of match. :lol

kitzkozan

hitsugi said:

That was back in august.

Both Gamerbee and Sako leveled since then,but right now Sako is hotter.Heck,think there's an interview on the web where they ask Gamerbee about his upcoming confrontation with Sako and admit that they both leveled up and he's unsure as to where he currently stand versus Sako.I'm sure he saw the recent GG stream and know it's going to be a gigantic challenge.Sako leveled up big time with those GG matches. :lol

Although you kind of confirm my doubts with that video. :D Sako ain't as good as Daigo as far as adapting on the fly.He's a much slower starter and this will cost him the socal victory imo.He seems like the perfect candidate to go down to Justin Wong's Makoto/wild Marn's Dudley or an Ibuki or something.

kitzkozan said:
Although you kind of confirm my doubts with that video. :D Sako ain't as good as Daigo as far as adapting on the fly.He's a much slower starter and this will cost him the socal victory imo.He seems like the perfect candidate to go down to Justin Wong's Makoto/wild Marn's Dudley or an Ibuki or something.

you're overestimating gimmick wins. especially since momochi got second at season's beatings. honestly, vance's zangief or mike ross' honda i think are bigger threats to sako than jwong's makoto.

and an ibuki? you haven't been watching gods garden i guess.

KajunW

Lost Fragment said:
Daigo cuts his hair, then goes on a slump of sorts.

Maybe his hair was the source of his power.

My conjecture is that he took a huge blow from the match against Sako. Normally he seems fairly unaffected by his losses, but he probably acknowledged the stakes of this particular match. The way he lost surely has played a part as well. Not every day that he loses 7 in a row.

What remains is a tentative Daigo that, quite frankly, we haven't seen before in the SF4 era. Predictable fireball patterns, long patches during these matches where he seems to not read his opponent and defend anything at all, and the subsequent DP mashing that follows from it. Time will tell if this is just a 'normal' slump, or a 'real' one. I'm leaning towards the latter.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
FindMyFarms said:
Soooo are you going to be at MLG Dallas? I think Nin and Knee are staying at one of our local houses for the weekend :D

I'll be there Thurs/Friday. Leaving early early Sat morning for LA/SoCal Regionals.

---

I talked to GamerBee earlier, he thinks Daigo just had a bad weekend (SB5).

MarkMan said:
I'll be there Thurs/Friday. Leaving early early Sat morning for LA/SoCal Regionals.

---

Cool! If you can Thurs night, you should come and grab drinks with us :p

SmokeMaxX

MarkMan said:

---

If you come to the meetup on Friday night (might be pushing it), about 15 of us gamers from Arkansas will be there :D.

Solune

DryEyeRelief said:
you're overestimating gimmick wins. especially since momochi got second at season's beatings. honestly, vance's zangief or mike ross' honda i think are bigger threats to sako than jwong's makoto.

and an ibuki? you haven't been watching gods garden i guess.

Momochi gets 2nd at SB:R, Sako makes Momochi look free 10-4. For sure Sako's gonna get blown up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom