• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
oh shit it just hit me

more recovery on headbutt = stricter timing for ultra juggle.

Not like it will be a major difference though, that thing is piss easy to land (by far the easiest in the game with regards to dexterity required)

Threi said:
oh shit it just hit me

more recovery on headbutt = stricter timing for ultra juggle.

Not like it will be a major difference though, that thing is piss easy to land (by far the easiest in the game with regards to dexterity required)
rufus lols at the bolded part

cHaotix8

I don't understand Balrogs headbutt damage nerf. Headbutt > Ultra already did abysmal damage. I still think he's gonna stay tops depending on other character nerfs and buffs though. A damage nerf just seemed like an unnecessary change since he doesn't really do good damage aside from jump ins and dumb overhead resets. Oh wellz.

Hopefully no one else gets a damage nerf besides Honda. And here's to hoping Dudley gets by with only buffs. It'd be pretty lame if they nerf him and Fei Long gets only buffs. :(

AZ Greg

Good shit on the changes so far. Especially Cammy's TKCS. Bububu loketests! Anyone who thought most of the reported changes wouldn't stick was kidding themselves. Like I said before, it isn't like this is the first version of the game, AE is technically the 4th version of the game. On top of that, us console players (along with Capcom developers, of course) have essentially been testing the game between arcade releases. As soon as the changes started getting posted online it was obvious they were a focused concentrated effort from Capcom and not just "random" changes cause it was a loketest. Also, lol at the people who thought the build, due to all the nerfs, was a troll by Ono and team. Because we all know that wasting time, money, and manpower for a laugh would delight Capcom executives. :\

That said, Cammy will be fine. Let's just hope she doesn't go the way of the T-Rex like Sagat. The Ryu/Rog changes sound good. Hopefully Ken will also get hit with the runaway air tatsu nerf. With regards to Bison, he is pretty much fine. Just keep the U2 input change so he can't blow up Vega's wall game with it and he's good! :) Speaking of, can't wait for next week, bring on the Vega tweaks!
And Rufus nerfs!

SmokeMaxX

cHaotix8 said:
I don't understand Balrogs headbutt damage nerf. Headbutt > Ultra already did abysmal damage. I still think he's gonna stay tops depending on other character nerfs and buffs though. A damage nerf just seemed like an unnecessary change since he doesn't really do good damage aside from jump ins and dumb overhead resets. Oh wellz.

Hopefully no one else gets a damage nerf besides Honda. And here's to hoping Dudley gets by with only buffs. It'd be pretty lame if they nerf him and Fei Long gets only buffs. :(
If anything, they need to be able to FADC the rose and it needs to do 1 damage.

cHaotix8

SmokeMaxX said:
If anything, they need to be able to FADC the rose and it needs to do 1 damage.

Supposedly, rose throw recovery is faster, making it usable on untechable knockdowns. I don't think it's going to help much though.

AZ Greg said:
Hopefully Ken will also get hit with the runaway air tatsu nerf. [/Spoiler]

Ouch. From watching Momochi, the Ken character is not the all around character/plus useful ultras that Ryu is or the damage/combo/mixup monster Akuma is so if they take the hurricane kick away, what are they going to give him. Air throw? That weird flip kick from CVS? Full hits on U1?

with Guy, they really need to improve his walk speed and adjust his normals so he can have a better footsie game. Anyone with a solid ground game can shut down Guy pretty hard right now :-(

cHaotix8

Spiderjericho said:
Ouch. From watching Momochi, the Ken character is not the all around character/plus useful ultras that Ryu is or the damage/combo/mixup monster Akuma is so if they take the hurricane kick away, what are they going to give him. Air throw? That weird flip kick from CVS? Full hits on U1?

He doesn't need it. As far as I know, only the shotos and teleporters had a free way out of the corner. Shotos don't need it.

NeoGIF

Ok, I'm quite fucking annoyed that I can't download the new costume pack due to the new dashboard (I'm in the preview) and the new Xbox.com being retarded.

In the dashboard, when you click to download, it automatically backs you out of the content.

Xbox.com keeps giving errors.

Anyone else having issues? Solutions?

USD

Spiderjericho said:
They need to give Ken's U1 the Adon U2 treatment. Cut the damage, but give him full ultra off of Shoryu FADC.

Rice-Eater said:
300? I don't see that happening, at least not with my idea for it. What I'd like to see is for Ryu's Joudan to do the same damage as Ryu's Tatsu's depending on which kick you us. But EX will only do 100 damage, but will allow you to juggle with normals. So it gives him some more mix up opportunities, but the damage he gets from it wouldn't increase by much compared to just using something like EX tatsu.

f+FP, cFP xx EX Joudan, close FP

Gotta be at least 300.

DR2K

Banned
AZ Greg said:
Good shit on the changes so far. Especially Cammy's TKCS. Bububu loketests! Anyone who thought most of the reported changes wouldn't stick was kidding themselves. Like I said before, it isn't like this is the first version of the game, AE is technically the 4th version of the game. On top of that, us console players (along with Capcom developers, of course) have essentially been testing the game between arcade releases. As soon as the changes started getting posted online it was obvious they were a focused concentrated effort from Capcom and not just "random" changes cause it was a loketest. Also, lol at the people who thought the build, due to all the nerfs, was a troll by Ono and team. Because we all know that wasting time, money, and manpower for a laugh would delight Capcom executives. :\

That said, Cammy will be fine.

Yeah TKCS went unchanged in the Vanilla and unchanged in Super, both of which were incorporated into her trials as a way to teach players how to use it, they sure know what they're doing.

How is a pressure character supposed to be fine, when you completely remove their ability to apply pressure?

Spiderjericho said:
That was Sean's wheel kick so no. Although air wheel throw a la Alpha series could be nice.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
NeoGIF said:
Ok, I'm quite fucking annoyed that I can't download the new costume pack due to the new dashboard (I'm in the preview) and the new Xbox.com being retarded.

In the dashboard, when you click to download, it automatically backs you out of the content.

Xbox.com keeps giving errors.

Anyone else having issues? Solutions?

It's a general problem with that pack - it'll charge you, then it won't download.

They know about it and they're working on it so that once it's fixed and you paid for it already, you can just download it when it works...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/...ternate_costume_download_problem_on_xbox_live

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DR2K said:
How is a pressure character supposed to be fine, when you completely remove their ability to apply pressure?

15z41mv.jpg

AZ Greg

DR2K said:
Yeah TKCS went unchanged in the Vanilla and unchanged in Super, both of which were incorporated into her trials as a way to teach players how to use it, they sure know what they're doing.

To say it went unchanged in Vanilla is dumb considering she didn't make an appearance until Vanilla. You do have a point with it not being changed from Vanilla to Super. But as someone who didn't follow the Cammy scene, what was the perception of her going into Super? I know she was picking up momentum and people had good showings with her, but maybe there were enough people like you whining about how "bad" she was that they didn't deem the change necessary at the time. Plus, the two versions of Cammy with non-EX TKCS are only available to us lowly console gamers. Maybe with this being the first available revision in arcades, and the first arcade version with Cammy, they felt like addressing it now. I'm not going to pretend like I know the exact reason they're making the change, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt considering the relatively good balance of the games thus far. And the change definitely wasn't for some insane reason like Capcom just wanting to stick it to Cammy or some other crazy reason fans come up with when their character gets nerfed. :lol

With regards to your second statement, hyperbole much? If she can still jump and then immediately do a CS then it isn't like that move will be useless. On top of that, you can still do EX TKCS. And since Cammy can do decent damage with certain combos (which should be easier in AE) it isn't like she is being nerfed to trash tier. The biggest change this will bring about is Cammy players having to be more mindful of how they use their meter. Unlike now where her meter's main purpose is to FADC bail her out of a blocked Spiral Arrow or Canon Spike.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
capcom really hooked guy up. Damn i was surprised actually. 3 frame normal, better standing strong and forward, a WORKING target combo?? wow..overhead being neutral on hit and two hits. Now the only thing pissing me off is that i have to wait half a century for this shit.

Juri in the next batch of changes eh.. Remember the trailer where she takes on both Chun and Cammy... lol

My Requests;
- ex pinwheel more invincibility and unthrowable
- faster walk speed and/or dash
- less recovery for whiffed dive kick
- make u1 not useless heck it should be like yun/yang as a super
- speed up overhead startup, close/far fierce, close roundhouse
- speed up far roundhouse and/or unduckable
- make crouch jab as good as standing short
- make u2 start like a few frames faster
- make hitbox for 1st part of fireball much larger to it doesn't whiff on 2in1, or speed up the move alot so you can store without getting whiff punished.
- ex low fireball does not knockdown
- ex high fireball much faster/further and can catch back jump
- make short pinwheel unpunishable on block

def sim

Spiderjericho said:

Ken should keep the tatsu escape. It needs to be kara'd to be any good anyway.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The big thing that will change about Cammy's gameplan, if she can only do strike during the apex of her jump, is her mixup opportunities off of backthrow. Not being able to do strike real low to the ground won't really change much about her tbh. A lot of characters have pretty solid ways to deal with that, and she can already lock down dudes pretty well with her normals w/o strike. And her ability to lock people down with normals looks like it's gonna get better in AE.

So she might actually end up being better at locking people down in general, but the handful of characters that don't have much of an answer to tkcs shenanigans might have an easier time dealing with her pressure. If that's the way it turns out, then I approve of the nerf.

I just wish they would do the same with other top tier characters.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Saw this post by James Chen on srk:

According to Justin, who managed to play the Test Version when he was there for SBO, it's not that bad. Not apex of your jump. The way he described it sounds like if you did the standard jump into immediate Dive Kick, it still works. You just can't do it via the QCB, UF + Kick method anymore. So it's not horrible.

So yeah, quit whining Cammy players. She's still gonna be really good.

Kimosabae

Banned
That post by James Chen is conflicting, because the implication sounds like shortcuts may have been tightened in that area, generally. Just wouldn't make sense to only take away the motion and leave the CS properties the same.

rance said:
Ken should keep the tatsu escape. It needs to be kara'd to be any good anyway.

Actually, the shortcut motion works just as well.

Lost Fragment said:
Saw this post by James Chen on srk:

So yeah, quit whining Cammy players. She's still gonna be really good.

I'm more inclined to take Wong's word for it here (and I don't think anyone's said she would be bad if it was still possible as he described it), but I'm pretty sure I've also seen (Chunner, who also went to the loke tests iirc) that you can't do the dive after the peak of your jump to punish bad techs and low mashing. Which would be shitty.

The normals buff doesn't automatically give her magic footsies, her dive played a big part of her "ground" game. Unless some of them have some significant hitbox/startup tweaks (not just recovery time, which does help slightly with footsies but is best seen in frame traps or links, in which case you are already rushing down your opp) or the height restriction is how Justin described it, she's gonna have trouble. Grapplers are going to be reeeeeeeeally shitty.

Cannon Spike being more punishable is catering to QQ plain and simple. If you couldn't punish that heavy every single time, you did something wrong.

I guess it's useless to talk about now, since the more subtle stuff is going to be most important now.

And no, I don't think Capcom deserves the benefit of the doubt when remodeling a character completely. Gen comes to mind. I'm more cautious than anything, but I'll be watching for Cammy vids and especially new Yang vids as insurance.

It also riddles me how a design that is good for all the wrong reasons like Balrog can go essentially unchanged for 4 versions. Headbutt getting shittier? If you weren't using it in a combo 95% of the time, it was already a shit move that was easy to punish.

But just reiterate since I rambled, yes, she'll still be good if her dive is like Justin described it. More boring IMO, but probably still good.

Kimosabae

Banned
Bob White said:
Viper....lawls

Just take her out of the game Capcom and stop trying to act like you still remember her.

Considering Capcom's lazy (but admittedly effective) approach to balancing this series, I'm relieved they're leaving her as is.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Killa Sasa said:
I'm more inclined to take Wong's word for it here (and I don't think anyone's said she would be bad if it was still possible as he described it), but I'm pretty sure I've also seen (Chunner, who also went to the loke tests iirc) that you can't do the dive after the peak of your jump to punish bad techs and low mashing. Which would be shitty.

Good point. That would be pretty shitty. At least it would still be somewhat useful though.

Bob White said:
Viper....lawls

Just take her out of the game Capcom and stop trying to act like you still remember her.

Viper's probably one of the most well-balanced characters in the game, so I wasn't surprised when she didn't change much from vanilla to super, and I'm not surprised she's not changing much now.

Really wish they'd give her a little something to make Bison/Honda a little less unfair for her though. Though I guess the Honda match might be a little easier if his damage nerfs stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom