• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

Late to this and all, but goddam is the srk 24/7 really good quality. Seeing frames on top of frames.

And I like all the new dlc costumes, cept DeeJay. I don't like it or him. Hakan's alt in white is badass.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So it wasn't up on PS either huh? That's why no one had videos or pics up, I was beginning to lose faith in the internet last night.

Makoto's alt colors are nice, especially the black one & 10 with no tie, love Dee Jay's white alt as well as the black one, and I wasn't digging Hakan's till the blue & yellow, and the white & gold, nice.

Dudley just looks weird to me, and seeing Guy in motion looks bad to me as well. I remember seeing much better alts for those two, too bad they went with these ones...

I included this pack in the 2400 MS points special so now I can just grab this tonight when I get back home, hopefully the download is working by then.

Skilotonn said:
So it wasn't up on PS either huh? That's why no one had videos or pics up, I was beginning to lose faith in the internet last night.

Makoto's alt colors are nice, especially the black one & 10 with no tie, love Dee Jay's white alt as well as the black one, and I wasn't digging Hakan's till the blue & yellow, and the white & gold, nice.

Dudley just looks weird to me, and seeing Guy in motion looks bad to me as well. I remember seeing much better alts for those two, too bad they went with these ones...

I included this pack in the 2400 MS points special so now I can just grab this tonight when I get back home, hopefully the download is working by then.

I think it is?

simtmb

Now i regret getting the JP version of the game because of the DLC. Simply can't afford importing those PSN cards. So expensive.

:(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If Makoto didn't have that annoying leg bandage I'd main her just for that costume.

And yes, I have mained chars due to costumes before (Sueng Mina in Soul Calibur being the big one)

def sim

haunts said:
really hope sagat gets the ultra nasty buffs. it will be like rock lee taking off the weights after super.

hope capcom just says fuck it and gives him all his stuff from vanilla but with balanced damage (tu 150 grounded, 160 late though just to piss people off)

Edgeward

panda21 said:
what is this 'ultra costume catalog 1' thing? its free, i try to download, xbox won't let me download.

I believe that's what you would need to dowload to able to see the costumes of those you just bought the recent costume pack. If you don't, you'll just see them in their default cosutmes.

XenoRaven

panda21 said:
what is this 'ultra costume catalog 1' thing? its free, i try to download, xbox won't let me download.
These costume packs are not on the disc, requiring you to download the catalog if you want to view them when other people use them. Otherwise they will just show up as the default outfit.

XenoRaven said:
These costume packs are not on the disc, requiring you to download the catalog if you want to view them when other people use them. Otherwise they will just show up as the default outfit.
I think it's a mandatory patch on PS3

Edgeward

At this point the patch on PS3 has not allowed thsoe that didn't buy the dlc to see the costumes yet. All that has changed is now they give you a new warning telling you that you can't see the costumes your opponent has, unless you buy our DLC!

Hmm =\

Zissou

_dementia said:
I think it's a mandatory patch on PS3

I just played someone who was using dudley and I got some kind of message stating that since I didn't have the costume pack, I couldn't see the character properly, so I saw him in the default costume.

Edgeward said:
At this point the patch on PS3 has not allowed thsoe that didn't buy the dlc to see the costumes yet. All that has changed is now they give you a new warning telling you that you can't see the costumes your opponent has, unless you buy our DLC!

Hmm =\
ah, gotcha. that's silly :lol

USD

XenoRaven said:
Nice that they have this option. Should have done this with the extra costumes from RE5 Gold (but then again I bought them, so not a problem :lol).

hitsugi

Zissou said:
I just played someone who was using dudley and I got some kind of message stating that since I didn't have the costume pack, I couldn't see the character properly, so I saw him in the default costume.
Wow. That's pathetic.

Axis

that's why they put up the catalog so everyone could play against the chars with their new alts on...i don't see why everyone is all up in arms here...*shrug*

Rocwell

Axis said:
that's why they put up the catalog so everyone could play against the chars with their new alts on...i don't see why everyone is all up in arms here...*shrug*
The catalog is not up on PSN. Also noooooo my junior status :(

NeoUltima

Axis said:
No such catalog on PS3. The patch I assume, was suppose to do that, but it didn't work.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
SephirothRK said:
I think it is?

That's why I said "was" - I thought they were both up yesterday, not just on the 360, and I was wondering why no one put pics/videos of the new alts yet, and now I know that it only went up today on PSN.

I haven't read anything new on the Capcom site or SRK, so I'm guessing that they still don't work? I'm leaving the city tomorrow so I'm just gonna buy it tonight for the points deal regardless, would've loved to play with them tomorrow though.

So I ended up getting my first rage mail in quite a while last night and the crazy thing was it was for a totally unintentional taunt. I had an opponent down to low life and stunned but due to my scrubbyness I accidentally input a DP motion while going in to start a combo. I didn't even know that Vega had a "throw off claw" option, so I was pretty dang suprised myself when instead of killing my opponent my claw just flew off into the air.

Luckily I just was able to walk over and grab it to still slash him for the win, but I guess that they figured that I was doing it for a taunt and were kinda ticked. Seriously though, why does Vega even have that option?

TheFightingFish said:
So I ended up getting my first rage mail in quite a while last night and the crazy thing was it was for a totally unintentional taunt. I had an opponent down to low life and stunned but due to my scrubbyness I accidentally input a DP motion while going in to start a combo. I didn't even know that Vega had a "throw off claw" option, so I was pretty dang suprised myself when instead of killing my opponent my claw just flew off into the air.

Luckily I just was able to walk over and grab it to still slash him for the win, but I guess that they figured that I was doing it for a taunt and were kinda ticked. Seriously though, why does Vega even have that option?

I used to do a lot of unintentional taunts with Chun Li with some of her jump-in option selects. I always messaged my opponent telling that it was an accident so i don't look like a douche, lol

Edgeward said:

Hmm =\

Wow, stupid. I will wait if this gets fixed. What good are the costumes for if you can't show off a bit?

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
I used to do a lot of unintentional taunts with Chun Li with some of her jump-in option selects. I always messaged my opponent telling that it was an accident so i don't look like a douche, lol
Lol I'm always afraid to use that jump in TC/Sweep OS for that exact reason.

Axis

XenoRaven said:

fuck that, use it...if you taunt it generally throws people off from up close anyway rofl

Axis

USD said:
Good games DBJoseph. I'll just be over here in this corner staying free.

he's good...if you can defend rushdown tho it's not that bad(i can't, i'm free)

you wanna get some games in sometime?

USD

Axis said:
he's good...if you can defend rushdown tho it's not that bad(i can't, i'm free)

you wanna get some games in sometime?
That would be cool. I ran into DBJ randomly (first I ran into Liquid SRK, it actually wasn't as bad, though I still lost every match :lol), would be cool to play some more GAFers. I probably won't be on again today, I've got some stream monstering to do. :lol

Gamertag: Self Deception

On a separate note, fuck Ken. I block crossup, it's a jump fierce. I block in front, it's a jump forward.

USD said:
That would be cool. I ran into DBJ randomly (first I ran into Liquid SRK, it actually wasn't as bad, though I still lost every match :lol), would be cool to play some more GAFers. I probably won't be on again today, I've got some stream monstering to do. :lol

Gamertag: Self Deception

On a separate note, fuck Ken. I block crossup, it's a jump fierce. I block in front, it's a jump forward.
block the same way every time and see how that works

XenoRaven said:

I remember after accidentally taunting AZ Greg too many times....I hit training mode for like 2 hours just practicing her jump-in OS. It's so embarassing when I fuck it up, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom