• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
Viper's cr. MK needs fixing for sure. If you're going to intentionally make a character suck so bad at footsies, at least don't make it that obvious. It's insulting.

Other than that, yeah, she's almost perfect.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kimosabae said:
Viper's cr. MK needs fixing for sure. If you're going to intentionally make a character suck so bad at footsies, at least don't make it that obvious. It's insulting.

Other than that, yeah, she's almost perfect.

The fact you say she is almost perfect means cr.mk should stay the same. She is already a pain, no need to make it worst lol!

SmokeMaxX

cHaotix8 said:
Supposedly, rose throw recovery is faster, making it usable on untechable knockdowns. I don't think it's going to help much though.
Rose into duck into cr. short which hits at the same time as the rose. Unblockables baby!

sonicspear64 said:
That was Sean's wheel kick so no. Although air wheel throw a la Alpha series could be nice.

Hmm...I guess I never noticed. The animation at the end definitely looks different than Sean's. Also, I forgot they gave him back his ST kicks in CVS.

They should give Ken his Air throw and two of the special kicks. The kicks are only useful for combos and pressure.

Or give him air throw, keep the escape hurricane and give him ultra damage on FADC U1.

Kimosabae

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
The fact you say she is almost perfect means cr.mk should stay the same. She is already a pain, no need to make it worst lol!

Just because she annoys you doesn't mean she's a particularly good character in the competitive sense. I meant 'almost perfect' as in 'adequately realized' in regards to people's perception of what she's supposed to be - a high damage mixup character. But Viper isn't particularly competitively viable. Seismo isn't a solid zoning tool, though it suffices, and she has few solid ways to start her mixups (her sweep is slow, and too much reliance on Seismo gets her killed).

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kimosabae said:
Just because she annoys you doesn't mean she's a particularly good character in the competitive sense. I meant 'almost perfect' as in 'adequately realized' in regards to people's perception of what she's supposed to be - a high damage mixup character. But Viper isn't particularly competitively viable. Seismo isn't a solid zoning tool, though it suffices, and she has few solid ways to start her mixups (her sweep is slow, and too much reliance on Seismo gets her killed).

Yet she is still used in competions, guys like flash metroid sure knows how to rape with her...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Hmm...I guess I never noticed. The animation at the end definitely looks different than Sean's. Also, I forgot they gave him back his ST kicks in CVS.

They should give Ken his Air throw and two of the special kicks. The kicks are only useful for combos and pressure.

Or give him air throw, keep the escape hurricane and give him ultra damage on FADC U1.

If I was fixing Ken, I'd give him the Air Throw, and Knee Bash as a command grab HCB+P (no better then a normal grab damage/range-wise , but EX would do a good chunk of stun)

Then again, if I was redesigning SF4, I think everyone on here except TTOB would shoot me. I'd do some crazy, crazy things.

cHaotix8 said:
Doesn't standing mk and far hk rape grapplers?

I mostly meant Gief and Hawk by that, shoulda clarified. Abel was never really screwed for the same reasons (and IMO it's not as bad as people say for him), but that's another topic.

I wouldn't say rape but yeah they're good for the matchup, though Gief has the better footsies normal in his standing mp, and solid reach on his LP SPD which irritates me when it grabs my toes :lol.

T-Hawk has some decent normals - hard to say how accurate I am in that respect though, I don't run into him a lot but I watch to see what he does. Seems like his normals are pretty well cut up too.

Cammy's normals were covered a lot by her dive kick imo, they were good, not necessarily great to go toe-to-toe with the best footsies characters. But whiffing dive kicks in front of grapplers is a good way to die, seems like they're made to counter specifically that.

While Cammy's normals are definitely serviceable, even a step above I'd say, they by and large aren't that great against grapplers and aren't what I would consider "direct" footsies. And with TKCS gone, you don't get as big a reward for managing to score a knockdown with what I would say are inferior direct footsies to Gief-Hawk.

They don't have as big a reason to be as afraid on knockdown really, and it's going to be much more difficult to keep momentum going on them. Consistently frame trapping a grappler in "It's Coming Out No Matter What Fighter IV" ain't gonna work; churning is going to be a better option for them. I take issue with this because getting knocked down should be scary. Having to go back to "direct" footsies where I would say that Gief-Hawk have the slight advantage - even though you knocked them down - is kinda dumb I think. Gief-Hawk's oki will still have its core though, which is just as big if not more of a bitch to deal with.

Just my 2 cents, and again, height restriction is gonna come into play here but I still think this hurts her game against grapplers significantly. It's a matchup getting harder not because the opps have new tools, but because some are taken away from her, so it's kind of a piss-off for me :lol They'd have to do some significant changes to make some matchups less stupid.

In other news, looooooooooooool @ the Heat right now. Completely forgot the NBA started tonight :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The problem with Viper on a competitive level is that a lot of the characters she loses to are popular tourney characters. She's still capable of placing high, but it's harder for her than a lot of other tourney characters because she's gonna run into a bunch of Balrogs/Bisons/Akumas/Hondas/Rufuses

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Saw this post by James Chen on srk:

So yeah, quit whining Cammy players. She's still gonna be really good.

You see I heard it was only apex, so that's a major relief.

Masamuna

Tsundere school girl Mak is somewhat better than Farmgirl Mak. Still kinda meh. Capcom got lazy with the color palettes hard. Pretty much monotone for the most part. Color 9 looks okay (all black/dark skin) but a red tie would be nice so I could make angry scenester jokes. Unfortunately the leg bandage in general is hella thick, so on the aforementioned color it looks like she took some bike tires and wrapped them on her thigh.

Color 10 removes the tie. Ugh, dammit capcom I wanted the hat from the concept art!

sakurajuri.jpg

^_^

MIMIC

Banned
"From C to Shining C". 9 down (Ryu, Ken, Honda, Blanka, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Fuerte, & Akuma) ....many to go -_-

Anyone done em all?

Solune

_dementia said:
thinking about picking it up for Mak
i kind of hate her and never use her in this game though

Hate is another form of love :lol , I picked it up for Mak myself, Pink Alt is sooo good.
Guy and Dudley alts are bonuses.

vg260

MIMIC said:
"From C to Shining C". 9 down (Ryu, Ken, Honda, Blanka, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Fuerte, & Akuma) ....many to go -_-

Anyone done em all?

I did. Was kind of a bad idea in that now I wanna learn so many more characters and have too big a game backlog to ever do it. Still haven't touched Blazblue as a result.

God's Beard said:
f+FP, cFP xx EX Joudan, close FP

Gotta be at least 300.

If you put it that way then ending it with a HP SRK or EX Tatsu already does over 300+ damage. When you said BnB, I thought you meant something like cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. HP, EX Joudan, HP/HK. That would do 252 damage, hypothetically that is.

ElFly

anotheriori said:
Juri in the next batch of changes eh.. Remember the trailer where she takes on both Chun and Cammy... lol

My Requests;
- less recovery for whiffed dive kick
- make u2 NOT PASS THROUGH PEOPLE WITHOUT HITTING THEM HALF OF THE FUCKING TIME

that's all I want

N4Us

MIMIC said:

Anyone done em all?

Currently working on it. Got 6 done, Hawk, Cammy, Blanka, E Honda, Dan and today I finished Dee Jay.

Right now working on Chun-Li.

anotheriori said:
Juri in the next batch of changes eh.. Remember the trailer where she takes on both Chun and Cammy... lol

My Requests;
- less recovery for whiffed dive kick
- make u2 NOT PASS THROUGH PEOPLE WITHOUT HITTING THEM HALF OF THE FUCKING TIME

It isn't that it passes through them. The hitbox on the ultra only goes up to her legs...yes...her actual feet have no hitbox on them. you have to hit with atleast ankle. Also...no hitbox behind her...at all...fucking stupid. thanks capcom. eat my dick. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom