• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mannerbot said:
Pretty sure any profits Evo has ever shown have all been funneled back into the event.
nope. sorry. Evo makes all its money on all the people who show up alone.

Equipment. Sponsored.
Venue. Sponsor assisted.

God's Beard said:
I just woke up from a dream that I was chilling out at my house eating pizza with Daigo and Momochi, but I couldn't understand what the fuck Momochi was saying because he only spoke French, which he told me in English. We played Halo, but the map we were on had a large emphasis on rope swinging like in Pitfall.

Not as good as my dream about unlocking Q in Morrowind, though.

That one was hilarious :lol

I'm the worst Dudley ever. All those notes I've taken, the guide I wrote, it's all useless. I can't beat anybody.

I'm like a 1-9 matchup vs the world.

I can't consistently beat any of the people I play against on a semi-regular basis:

• AZ Greg
  • DBJoseph
  • Vexco
  • Satymandas
  • Jlai
  • Eva01
  • Threi
  • Joekage

I'm the biggest scrub ever, sorry to bring down the endless battles, guys. I'm trying.

Joekage

God's Beard said:
I'm the worst Dudley ever. All those notes I've taken, the guide I wrote, it's all useless. I can't beat anybody.

I'm like a 1-9 matchup vs the world.

I can't consistently beat any of the people I play against on a semi-regular basis:

• AZ Greg
  • DBJoseph
  • Vexco
  • Satymandas
  • Jlai
  • Eva01
  • Threi
  • Joekage

I'm the biggest scrub ever, sorry to bring down the endless battles, guys. I'm trying.

Dude, honestly don't get down on yourself. You're not bad at all. Your Dudley has some nice setups and combos so don't beat yourself up. The players you mentioned are all pretty good, so it's not like you're losing to scrubs. The matches we have are beneficial to you because if you understand why you're losing to us, you'll understand how to get better at preventing that, thus making you a better player. But in the long run, you're not bad at all, and with some fine tuning and some work on your defense, you'll be beasting in no time. Got faith in you.

Also, sorry, I have alot of Dudley matchup exp vs chaotix so I know some preventative measures against him. Also, a tip, you went for overhead almost every knockdown, which is a godly move, but you should try mixing it up more with the low sweep or cr lk to hit confirm in to EX MGB. Also with regards to defense, you did alot of jump back fierce or whatever that move is, it's a good preventive measure against people constantly jumping at you, but it's also a risk since you're moving yourself to the corner, which my character Cody, can take advantage of tremendously.

That's about it though, you are a good player man. Just keep working at it.

USD

G4tv and Level|Up teaming up again for SCR:

Level|up and G4tv.com are once again collaborating to provide extensive coverage of the best fighting game tournament action to date. This time around, along with Tournament Legacy, G4tv.com and Level|Up will be providing coverage and access of Southern California Regionals all weekend long. Beginning November 6th and ending on finals day on the 7th, G4tv.com will be broadcasting Southern California Regionals on G4tv.com with Level|Up producing the stream. Expect the same exciting high level tournament play from top players, insightful commentary, and live player and crowd shots to immerse you into the event from home.

“I am excited to see G4 once again take interest in the fighting game community. It gives us a chance to showcase the hype and excitement of our culture to the G4 audience.” says Alex Valle, Street Fighter tournament legend and Co-Founder of Level|Up Series. John Nelson, founder of Tournament Legacy, also mentions, “G4tv.com is one of the best in the business in entertainment for gamers, and we are honored to partner with them to bring the best entertainment from the fighting game scene.”"

Expect to see bitter rivalries as old as the Street Fighter franchise itself as the top players from Northern California take on the top players from Southern California in a Super Street Fighter 4 exhibition match in which the winning side will claim their trophy and the pride of California.

Viewers are in for a treat as, despite its name, Southern California Regionals is expected to bring in the highest caliber of international players including GamerBee of Taiwan, known for eliminating American top player Justin Wong from a major tournament, and Sakonoko, the seemingly mysterious player from Japan who made a splash for defeating fan-favorite Daigo Umehara in a Japanese online tournament. Not only will this be a showcase of international talent but also a test of American skill against top international players as they all battle for the coveted $10,000 prize pot.
Please, say no to Sessler.

hitsugi

Sessler is one thing, but I think the bigger concern should be how smoothly they're able to get this event streamed... Because it's going to blow up. Huge.

Joekage said:
Also, sorry, I have alot of Dudley matchup exp vs chaotix so I know some preventative measures against him. Also, a tip, you went for overhead almost every knockdown, which is a godly move, but you should try mixing it up more with the low sweep or cr lk to hit confirm in to EX MGB.

If that wasn't enough mixing up, you should have seen me when vexco was saying the same thing -_- At least I do cLK more now. I used to do it constantly before my xbox broke, then I came back and started doing cRH like a scrub. Which I am. At least people don't call me turtle Dudley as much anymore.

Also with regards to defense, you did alot of jump back fierce or whatever that move is, it's a good preventive measure against people constantly jumping at you, but it's also a risk since you're moving yourself to the corner, which my character Cody, can take advantage of tremendously.

I was so scared. Jumping roundhouse is my safety blanket. Plus, you beat me with Dudley. That hurt my feelings.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seeing as how we've never seen Sako in live tourney play, for SFIV at least, we don't know how he'll deal with a crowd that isn't partial to him. And the whole having to travel thousands of miles to an unknown land thing, jet lag, etc. Rest assured he's going to bust some ass though regardless if he wins the whole tourney or not. :D

Joekage

God's Beard said:
If that wasn't enough mixing up, you should have seen me when vexco was saying the same thing -_- At least I do cLK more now. I used to do it constantly before my xbox broke, then I came back and started doing cRH like a scrub. Which I am. At least people don't call me turtle Dudley as much anymore.

I was so scared. Jumping roundhouse is my safety blanket. Plus, you beat me with Dudley. That hurt my feelings.
I understand man but like I said you're good. Just play and improve. Take the lumps and LEARN and you'll be great. Also that dudley match was lol. I just scrubbed out a win happens to the best of us especially in mirror matches haha

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Oh boy. Can't really think of any badass online player in U.S except for Seks, Kaako and that one guy. :D

That would be me.

lyTvB.png

Spiderjericho said:
Well since we all play with Markman's stick, I'm going to defer to his opinion of Marn>Sako. I forsee Sako getting blown up during his visit by someone. No one is immune to getting blown up.

The thing about Sako is that he has almost the same advantage as Marn with Dudley..no one plays cammy anywhere near his level in the states. The closest is MarlinPie, and most of WC's reactions to him were "who is MarlinPie?"

Joekage said:
I understand man but like I said you're good. Just play and improve. Take the lumps and LEARN and you'll be great. Also that dudley match was lol. I just scrubbed out a win happens to the best of us especially in mirror matches haha
I'm not giving up. I want to win. I want to win all the time. I want to win EVO. But right now I need to win these endless battles. And that's hard. So I need to practice and actually do the things I write in my notes instead of being a scrub.

Which I am.

Axis

God's Beard said:
I'm not giving up. I want to win. I want to win all the time. I want to win EVO. But right now I need to win these endless battles. And that's hard. So I need to practice and actually do the things I write in my notes instead of being a scrub.

Which I am.

gods beard, you're by no means "bad"...take what most people who call you "Free" say with a grain of salt because they're just trolling you...you just have some bad habits you need to break(just like i do) and you need to learn how to bait out things on wakeup instead of being offensive 100% of the time...overhead first time? it works? good shit...next time either c.lk or c.mp/c.tech option select or just block...don't make your patterns easily identifiable and always try to add different things to your arsenal...also, use s.fp more as a CH trap and as a general poke..it's so good

and take that as constructive criticism and not as a criticism on your playstyle in general...hit confirm your combos...i played a GREAT dudley the other day who made me look like shit(jford78) and he had his hit confirms down pat

Axis said:
and take that as constructive criticism and not as a criticism on your playstyle in general...hit confirm your combos...i played a GREAT dudley the other day who made me look like shit(jford78) and he had his hit confirms down pat

I agree with increasing variety, but I have an aversion to hit confirms. Every time I do a cLP, it feels like I'm losing damage. I do need to figure out good block strings that lead into combos though. Threi is really good at that.

kr2t0s

AkumaHokoru said:
nope. sorry. Evo makes all its money on all the people who show up alone.

Equipment. Sponsored.
Venue. Sponsor assisted.

You don't know what you are talking about. Please stop talking. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The Peaceful Jay's/SRK drama is pretty dumb on both ends. Jay shouldn't have used the name, but removing coverage of something that's pretty cool just because you have personal beef is petty.

eissan

Axis said:
gods beard, you're by no means "bad"...take what most people who call you "Free" say with a grain of salt because they're just trolling you...you just have some bad habits you need to break(just like i do) and you need to learn how to bait out things on wakeup instead of being offensive 100% of the time...overhead first time? it works? good shit...next time either c.lk or c.mp/c.tech option select or just block...don't make your patterns easily identifiable and always try to add different things to your arsenal...also, use s.fp more as a CH trap and as a general poke..it's so good

Haha what axis REALLY means(and I agree with him is) dont listen to DBJ, he trolls everybody :D

Axis

God's Beard said:
I agree with increasing variety, but I have an aversion to hit confirms. Every time I do a cLP, it feels like I'm losing damage. I do need to figure out good block strings that lead into combos though. Threi is really good at that.

who cares if you scale down less on your combo if you hit confirm it? hit confirming it means YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO HIT IT. think about it like this, gods beard...would you rather a. overhead->non guaranteed s.rh->exMGB and get reversal punished...or overhead->c.lp(hit)->s.rh->exMGB for GUARANTEED damage...even if it's 30-40 less than if you actually HIT the first one..it's not guaranteed

also, s.lp->s.lp->f.mp->c.lp->s.rh->empty ducking or ducking upper(if you have the meter to fadc) is a really good blockstring that gives you a ton of options

haunts

Bacon of Hope
i won the 2v2 starbase tourney last night with vangief. OCV'd like three teams but Vance ended up winning the GF for us. :lol

ps: thx Az Greg for the countless hours of vega practice -- im invincible vs vegas now. lol

Axis

haunts said:
i won the 2v2 starbase tourney last night with vangief. OCV'd like three teams but Vance ended up winning the GF for us. :lol

ps: thx Az Greg for the countless hours of vega practice -- im invincible vs vegas now. lol

good shit haunts, glad to hear you're back on top of shit!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
haunts said:

omg what a scrub

kr2t0s said:
You don't know what you are talking about. Please stop talking. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about.
So you are gonna sit here and tell me the cannons pay for everything out of their pocket and make absolutely no money on evo? are you fucking kidding me? please be serious. I didnt say they make a ton on evo but they make enough to be willing to keep doing it every year. Not to mention Evo related merch and advertising for it is pretty much fucking free? Oh. please tell me how Evo isnt profitable at all?

Lets see...

Expenses

The Venue. Cannons. Made up with Registration Fees and discounts from the hotel in return for selling out all of the rooms.

Equipment. Sponsored/player brought. Most consoles/games are provided by the companies that make them same applies to the tvs. The exception to this was Melty blood because examu didnt give a fuck so that was mostly player provided.

What else are they paying for? No fucking body would keep a 10 year event going if it didnt turn coin.

hitsugi

kr2t0s said:

Are you sure?

edit: akumahokaru nailed it. I've "heard things" that also contradict any claim that the cannons aren't making $ off of Evo, but that's just talk.

Axis

AkumaHokoru said:
So you are gonna sit here and tell me the cannons pay for everything out of their pocket and make absolutely no money on evo? are you fucking kidding me? please be serious. I didnt say they make a ton on evo but they make enough to be willing to keep doing it every year. Not to mention Evo related merch and advertising for it is pretty much fucking free? Oh. please tell me how Evo isnt profitable at all?

Lets see...

Expenses

The Venue. Cannons. Made up with Registration Fees and discounts from the hotel in return for selling out all of the rooms.

Equipment. Sponsored/player brought. Most consoles/games are provided by the companies that make them same applies to the tvs. The exception to this was Melty blood because examu didnt give a fuck so that was mostly player provided.

What else are they paying for? No fucking body would keep a 10 year event going if it didnt turn coin.
keep it fucking real

After a long break from ranked matches, I decided to try it out again. Ended up being a pretty good match (at least for me) against a 16k BP Rufus GravityNinja.

Here is the replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOoQKsq8eA

Also I decided to concentrate on Boxer more now after a period of Dee Jaying. So Threi is pretty much alone with him now. :) Anyways any EU XBL GAFfers playing anymore? Haven't seen that much activity on the EU GAF friendlist.

Axis said:
who cares if you scale down less on your combo if you hit confirm it? hit confirming it means YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO HIT IT. think about it like this, gods beard...would you rather a. overhead->non guaranteed s.rh->exMGB and get reversal punished...or overhead->c.lp(hit)->s.rh->exMGB for GUARANTEED damage...even if it's 30-40 less than if you actually HIT the first one..it's not guaranteed

also, s.lp->s.lp->f.mp->c.lp->s.rh->empty ducking or ducking upper(if you have the meter to fadc) is a really good blockstring that gives you a ton of options
I hit f+RH, RH WAY more often than f+RH, cLP. I practice that link the most. I used to hit it 100%, but I lost some of the rhythm when my xbox broke. I practice all the links that I go for, I need better ways to set them up. I'm pretty trash when I'm not on top of people.

Threi

notag
Lost Fragment said:
DeeJay's forward throw is awesome, 'cause when he throws you and you have no life, you're like "fuck yeah still ali....:("
Yeah it makes it almost worth the fact that it has no range :lol

LakeEarth

Lost Fragment said:
DeeJay's forward throw is awesome, 'cause when he throws you and you have no life, you're like "fuck yeah still ali....:("
I love it when you get the KO on someone with the first hit of the back throw of Fei Long. You get the slow motion air boot to the face into the ground.

Pappasman

biosnake20 said:
"Zaid "RedRapper" Tabani just released part one in the Run It Back - The Road to SoCal Regionals documentary series. This is a must watch, with interviews from players like Alex Valle, James Chen, and many many more. We anxiously await part 2."-srk

http://shoryuken.com/content/run-back-road-socal-regionals-episode-1-2247/

Incredible. This makes me want a documentary on the history of the American fighting game scene.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Welp, ggs tonight ya'll. Except Greg 'cause he's a jerk. I think he went like 0-8 on wakeup ultras against me today
:)

Your DeeJay's getting pretty good threi.

biosnake20 said:
"Zaid "RedRapper" Tabani just released part one in the Run It Back - The Road to SoCal Regionals documentary series. This is a must watch, with interviews from players like Alex Valle, James Chen, and many many more. We anxiously await part 2."-srk

http://shoryuken.com/content/run-back-road-socal-regionals-episode-1-2247/

Besides some of the sound levels being inconsistent, that was really great. I can't wait to see more.

Does anyone (maybe MarkMan knows) where I can buy a copy of "Bang the Machine" documentary. I saw it at the Asian American Film Festival in SF but was never able to see it again.

kr2t0s said:
Your funny son, very funny. Me(NYC VF Crew) and AkumaHokoru, been part of this shit since forever. So when the man speaks, the man speaks truth, you dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom