• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

ntropy said:
so fei long has 40% combos vs cammy lol
The combo he was talking about (cl.MP xx HK CW, cl.HP xx HK Flame Kick) does 402 damage, 436 if it's MK Flame Kick FADC HK CW (472 if the the HK CW does three hits, whiffs on Cammy though).

The strong > chicken wing link is character-specific, only works on 8 or so characters.
Threi said:
triforce wearing his power glove :lol
He seriously does wear that out in public. :lol

Threi

notag
triforce: "...him, along with ADHD got banned-"

art: "yo word? ADHD the drugs?"

triforce: "no no the player"

art: "...oh"

rofl art

Kimosabae

Banned
WTF is an ADHD drug.

Anyways, Art's missing the point about M2K's suspension. Smash community very comfy with the practice, but when your tournaments are being ran by a corporation with an agenda in mind, you have to understand their image is important to them.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
VS is like my favorite game
I love it but am scrubby as fuck in that game. It's the first fighter I've played where the disadvantages of being a pad warrior are really apparent right out of the gate.

Doesn't help that the GGPO room is usually populated by the sort of people who have been practicing it for a decade now. :S

USD said:
2D god > five gods.

And just as a reminder, this week's GGO#2 matches, the final week:

Saturday
8:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Uryo

Sunday
9:00 AM EDT - Umehara VS Mago

If Mago wins or Sako loses, Mago takes it and the $6000 first prize. If Mago loses and Sako wins, there will be a playoff FT10 at a later date.

So what happened in these matches in the last round?

Either way, I'd love to see a 'playoff' just because it would be more hype.

USD

prodystopian said:
So what happened in these matches in the last round?

Either way, I'd love to see a 'playoff' just because it would be more hype.
Sako beat Uryo 3-1 and Daigo beat Mago 3-2. If their first match was any indication, the Daigo/Mago match will be really lame, with plenty of Turtlehara.

hitsugi

kensk said:
Sako is one of the five gods for a reason :D
Is that a nice way of saying "sloppy?" I doubt anyone but a select few people will put up a fight, no offense. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though.

Not sure of how I could take offense to that statement, but unpredictable, random, "sloppy", however you want to say it, has taken some people by surprise before.

That's not to say I think anyone will beat Sako, more along the lines of..

"Looking forward to seeing how he handles the unpredictable US playstyles at SCR"

..which is exactly what I said.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Come on Kuma, first you hatin' on Blanka, now it's Honda? Leave my characters alone man!

Oh, and for those like myself on the 360 who were patiently waiting on the costume pack to be fixed on Live, it works now.

SmokeMaxX

Kimosabae said:
WTF is an ADHD drug.

Anyways, Art's missing the point about M2K's suspension. Smash community very comfy with the practice, but when your tournaments are being ran by a corporation with an agenda in mind, you have to understand their image is important to them.
The whole thing's stupid. Smash community promotes equality/community aspects so the top winners of tournies often split the pot.
Street Fighter community thinks this makes things less competitive (actually they're just BSing because they hate Smashers and just want something to rag on them about).
It's been heavily suspected that Korean Tekken MLG winners have been doing this at the last few tournies. The big difference is they don't speak English so it's not easy to have them say something stupid.

What's the Dudley/Cammy matchup look like?

Oh according to Eventhubs tiers, it looks like 6:4 Cammy. Sako also has some god-like execution.

The online tournament sounds like a great idea.

Only Xbox Live. Sorry PSNers. But it might get a pretty good turnout.

Sixfortyfive

So, EVO Online:

- mid-December
- USA + Canada (except AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, IL, IO, LA, MD, MN, SC, SD, TN, VT)
- Xbox Live only
- $5 entry
- top 8 get a prize pack
- winner gets full paid trip and entry to EVO 2011

Now to decide whether I'll be leveling up my Dan or dusting off 1-button Ken for this.

Sixfortyfive said:
So, EVO Online:

- mid-December
- USA + Canada (except AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, IL, IO, LA, MD, MN, SC, SD, TN, VT)
- Xbox Live only
- $5 entry
- top 8 get a prize pack
- winner gets full paid trip and entry to EVO 2011

Now to decide whether I'll be leveling up my Dan or dusting off 1-button Ken for this.
This is going to fail so badly. :lol

LOL at the Hu vs Sanford match. Sanford choked hard, he could have uppercutted FTW but only did cr. MP instead. I must admit, I've had some really bad chokes to when trying to time out a win.

Haeleos

Love watching how life shattering playing Street Fighter is to Sanford. He face palms, points, slams shit, blames the game... it's great.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Haeleos said:
Love watching how life shattering playing Street Fighter is to Sanford. He face palms, points, slams shit, blames the game... it's great.

finals12.jpg

Threi

notag
Haeleos said:
Even when he's winning he looks so stressed :lol

I didn't listen to the Wake Up SRK podcast yet, but Eventhubs pointed out that Mr. Wizard thinks MvC3 will have more entrants then SSF4. I find that very hard to believe. I think MvC3 will be a hit and far and away the #2 game at EVO 2K11, but I don't think it'll even crack 1000 let alone having more entrants then SSF4.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rice-Eater said:
I didn't listen to the Wake Up SRK podcast yet, but Eventhubs pointed out that Mr. Wizard thinks MvC3 will have more entrants then SSF4. I find that very hard to believe. I think MvC3 will be a hit and far and away the #2 game at EVO 2K11, but I don't think it'll even crack 1000 let alone having more entrants then SSF4.
really?, i definitly think it'll crack that number, more than SSF4 is possible but, i dunno

Rice-Eater said:

Well the game is new?

As for EVO online: I wonder if there will be such shenanigans like as shown in this video :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2sqfvIUlY&p#t=07m53s

Solune

Rice-Eater said:

Remember MvC3 caters to completely different players than SSF4 and it will be pretty new and open up the way for new competitors as well as draw people who don't play SSF4.

Solune said:
Remember MvC3 caters to completely different players than SSF4 and it will be pretty new and open up the way for new competitors as well as draw people who don't play SSF4.

And that's why I don't think it'll hit that number let alone surpassing SSF4. SF is a tournament friendly game for many reasons. MvC3 IMO is more hardcore and because of that I think it will produce less tournament players. The people buying MvC3 will either not b interested in going to tournaments or be intimidated by how chaotic the game gets(all my opinion of course). If MvC3 is able to draw a lot of SSF4 players as well as bringing in new players then I think it can be bring in more players then SSF4.

But anyways, that's why I don't see MvC3 reaching the same success in the tournament scene that SF4/SSF4 has. But of course I can easily be wrong, so we'll just see when the time comes.

Sixfortyfive

Rice-Eater said:
SF is a tournament friendly game for many reasons. MvC3 IMO is more hardcore and because of that I think it will produce less tournament players.
Wut? Easy as fuck magic series chain combos that make even the simplest shit look badass has a lot more casual appeal than the stuff you get out of mainline Street Fighter imo.

N4Us

ughhhhhh, I played a ranked match with fei long and won for the first time with him. started another ranked match and at the level select, the other guy quit on me. so i started uo another ranked match and i saw that my BP reverted back to 0

f u capcom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom