• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haunts said:
i won the 2v2 starbase tourney last night with vangief. OCV'd like three teams but Vance ended up winning the GF for us. :lol

ps: thx Az Greg for the countless hours of vega practice -- im invincible vs vegas now. lol

Hey Haunts, I think your Sagod has been found. There is a Sagat player named bokusapp and apparently everybody is saying that he is Bonchan(according to Shin Akuma's description) although this isn't confirmed. Not quite as entertaining to watch as Sunset's Sagat, but he's very solid. And besides, he beat Mago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_7PNtbWPk

Satyamdas

Banned
MiniBossBattle said:
Does anyone (maybe MarkMan knows) where I can buy a copy of "Bang the Machine" documentary. I saw it at the Asian American Film Festival in SF but was never able to see it again.
Pretty sure it is not for sale and the only way to see it is to attend Evo where they have a screening of it every year.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rice-Eater said:
Hey Haunts, I think your Sagod has been found. There is a Sagat player named bokusapp and apparently everybody is saying that he is Bonchan(according to Shin Akuma's description) although this isn't confirmed. Not quite as entertaining to watch as Sunset's Sagat, but he's very solid. And besides, he beat Mago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_7PNtbWPk

ahhh yeah nice find! I think someone sent this to me recently but cant remember.

as dope as bonchan is, in super you can see a lot of that wiley play dosent pay off as well. i jsut watched another match of him playing vs bison and he gets fucked up.

you know, i feel sunset isnt only more entertaining but just seems to have a cleaner rushdown game too. he also throws out really sick new school super combos while bonchan looks like he is still playing vanilla sagat.

god damn i sound like the ultimate stream monster now. :lol

Aedile

Nothing like finding videos of yourself getting blown up horribly on Youtube. I know how it feels, Daigo, I know how it feels!

Aedile said:
Nothing like finding videos of yourself getting blown up horribly on Youtube. I know how it feels, Daigo, I know how it feels!
:lol And the worst is when they only upload vids of you losing. One match in particular I remember losing on purpose :lol

Garcian

Aedile said:
Nothing like finding videos of yourself getting blown up horribly on Youtube.

You can upload any of my replays & it'll fulfil this brief :lol

Recently switched to teh DUdz & I'm struggling...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Aedile said:

wow I jsut did that to see and i found this video of me getting scraped and this guy wrote a huge article about it in the notes. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGWfcMD_IAU

Last match of the night and it was definitely the most difficult. I managed to find myself in an Endless room with none other than Haunts who is one of the more elite SF players going way back. Of the two matches I got to play against him, we split them 50/50 with a win each. Here's my victory though I'd be happy to upload the loss if you guys don't mind more tiger-spamming and turtling.

awesome :lol

AZ Greg

haunts said:
ps: thx Az Greg for the countless hours of vega practice -- im invincible vs vegas now. lol

Haha. Good shit!

GGs to everyone today, some good games!

Also, from the SRK 24/7 stream chat: andyocr: greg got a sickass vega

Thought that was cool even though he beasts on me since he spars with Tatsu. :lol

Played some casuals with a 16k BP Vega player called Volke1992. Claw is evil when he gets it's groove going. Got caught by that a few times at first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6YeAOTDuFM
He beat me up pretty bad here. Me doing stupid stuff didn't help much either. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZJNGAUTnOo
This one was closer, but again made some critical mistakes and lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfc1HNvwZE
Safe jumps and jabs are pretty good against Vega. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0gRdFdGYU
He was little bit late on his throw techs so I put a lot of pressure on him with jabs and throws.

Jeff Stephen said:
Anyone remember when was the last time there was a deal of the week on any SF4 outfits on XBL?
I believe there was one for 1/2 off the full vanilla pack the week of SSFIV's release, but that may have been PSN only, I'm not sure.

haunts said:
i won the 2v2 starbase tourney last night with vangief. OCV'd like three teams but Vance ended up winning the GF for us. :lol

I LOL'ed hard when you double roundhoused Vega's walldive and taunted after

:cool:

LakeEarth

Aedile said:
Yeah I have two now. The one isn't so bad cause I was playing El Fuerte for the C to C achievement. The other shows my weakness against facing Fuerte's.

it's practically impossible to find matches with my name on youtube
i can't even find the ones i've uploaded unless i go directly to my channel

no one tags or the name is too common

DR2K

Banned
_dementia said:
Trollno be trollin'

didn't he say Sean was a lock via twitter? :lol

Jesus, what a waste of a character slot. Hopefully they get Elena or Q in, if they're digging into 3S.

DR2K said:
Jesus, what a waste of a character slot. Hopefully they get Elena or Q in, if they're digging into 3S.
Therein would be the troll, at least i hope. he says a lot of shit. Elena & Q would be godlike.
Or something out of left field like Poison and Eagle.

or Ingrid and Ruby Heart ;)

USD

_dementia said:
Therein would be the troll, at least i hope. he says a lot of shit. Elena & Q would be godlike.
Or something out of left field like Poison and Eagle.

or Ingrid and Ruby Heart ;)
I want Poison soooooooooooo bad. I'd instantly drop every other character and play her exclusively, regardless of how shitty she would be. Too bad it will never happen.

kr2t0s

AkumaHokoru said:
Lets see...

Expenses

The Venue. Cannons. Made up with Registration Fees and discounts from the hotel in return for selling out all of the rooms.

Equipment. Sponsored/player brought. Most consoles/games are provided by the companies that make them same applies to the tvs.

I'm not going to get into a laundry list of every point you are wrong about. But no sponsor has ever provided consoles and or TV's. Evo has gone from arcade to dreamcast to ps2 to now ps3. How would that even work?

And tv's have gone from 20 random walmart bought or whatever tv's to asking the community on SRK which lcd had zero lag and the community said asus, so thats what they went with.

If evo makes any $, which is debatable - it makes enough to sustain itself and thats it.

And yes, the cannons would run something for 10 years and lose $ at it. Stupid to think otherwise.

Have you ever even been to Evo? I mean it's cool that you think it's so well run that there is profit, means they are doing their job right. But if you have read SRK over the years, you would know this is not the case.

Axis

kr2t0s said:
I'm not going to get into a laundry list of every point you are wrong about. But no sponsor has ever provided consoles and or TV's. Evo has gone from arcade to dreamcast to ps2 to now ps3. How would that even work?

And tv's have gone from 20 random walmart bought or whatever tv's to asking the community on SRK which lcd had zero lag and the community said asus, so thats what they went with.

If evo makes any $, which is debatable - it makes enough to sustain itself and thats it.

And yes, the cannons would run something for 10 years and lose $ at it. Stupid to think otherwise.

Have you ever even been to Evo? I mean it's cool that you think it's so well run that there is profit, means they are doing their job right. But if you have read SRK over the years, you would know this is not the case.

except this year they went with alienware monitors because SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIIISE alienware sponsored the fucking event

MarkMan said:

one of these days i'm gonna win a freaking chun li TE stick

kr2t0s said:

The fact that you take shit posted on SRK at face value says tons.
OK lets blow you up point by point
1. Evo Staff started off as members of the community who would bring their own equipment. TVs were their own personal TVs/Borrowed from the hotel itself. oh that applies to consoles too...so thats 1 and 2.
3. When they were using Asus tvs? Sponsored. This year...Alienware? Sponsored. but alienware didnt give them enough monitors...Guess what they still had? Thats right...the sponsored Asus monitors from last year.
4. Defies Logic. If evo only broke even It would have died ages ago.
5. Defies Logic. If the cannons werent making coin off it no way it would continue. you straight up buggin.
6. "I mean it's cool that you think it's so well run that there is profit, means they are doing their job right. But if you have read SRK over the years, you would know this is not the case." Ha ha ha ha. The only thing that really fucks up with evo is the thing that fucks up at every event. Scheduling That is the fault of players and organizers alike. This year they tried to be more strict with it by DQing people for not being at their station for their match.

at this point I'm going to assume you are trolling to troll and just laugh you off.

AkumaHokoru said:
OK lets blow you up point by point

2vrtoop.gif

:D

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
kr2t0s said:
You don't know what you are talking about. Please stop talking. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

Seems every kids says the same thing... "don't know what you are taking about". Is it me or is there a troll school that teaches catch phrases to repeat during flames...god!

Just curious now since the subject is being talked about, How much are the Seasons Beatings making you think? They have been going for 5 years now I think?

Just curious about the economics of these things.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SnowWolf said:
SeedyROM is awesome and I like his post-match analysis with his videos. I learned the Balrog vs. Zangief vanilla match-up from him.

is he on GAF? ive actually played him a lot online. just thought it was funny that random match showed up online. :lol

Aedile said:

Here is one of me from 2009 from PC SF4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFtA96-iw8w

"Another Ryu, this guy got mad greedy on the dp's... especially at the end I let my yomi fall down to like 12% of maximum and still knew what was coming heh."

:lol

Funny thing is when I look at videos of me nowadays, I still play exactly the same. Jumping around like a moron. The only difference being that I can do some nice looking combos.

Eventhubs.
A reputable source, but one who wished to remain anonymous, dropped a line that two more fighters would be added to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, besides Yang and Yun.

Little more was revealed beyond that, but here's a brief run down.

• Rolento and Oro were disconfirmed as potential characters.

• The two additional cast members for the Arcade Edition have both appeared in past Street Fighter games.
Fuck off Ono.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
the_log_ride said:
man... I haven't played in almost a month now... gettin' itchy to get back into the mix.

AE can't come soon enough!

Just play a few matches in ranked, that will suck the desire out of you real quick.

Had some Hawk use the Lag Abuse spin and win strat, so I pull my Juri counter out- which kills any scrub Hawk dead (good Hawks know an easy way to keep Juri honest) . So much hatemail, and of course they find out I'm secretly a gay communist Jew. ^_^

• The two additional cast members for the Arcade Edition have both appeared in past Street Fighter games.
AZ Greg said:
If true, I see it being Karin and Elena.

Would rather have Elena and Alex though. Or two more new characters.
Karin and Alex..? I believe Elena was pseudo de-confirmed by Ono's twitter.

arstal said:
Just play a few matches in ranked, that will suck the desire out of you real quick.
Had some Hawk use the Lag Abuse spin and win strat, so I pull my Juri counter out- which kills any scrub Hawk dead (good Hawks know an easy way to keep Juri honest) . So much hatemail, and of course they find out I'm secretly a gay communist Jew. ^_^

Knock on wood, but I've been fortunate so far in avoiding ranked matches that would make me want to quit for good.

Time to search for changes to 'Sim in AE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom