• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

The Abominable Snowman said:
I think they should reinvent all SF1 characters and old Final fight characters and add them in.
I disagree. While you feel these characters are different enough from existing cast members to warrant a spot I don't think that is the case. I wouldn't object to either Birdie or Eagle though I do feel that Birdie does share some overlap with Hakan's playstyle and Hakan seems to be a much more fun/interesting character.

I feel like Hakan is offputting. I dislike his design immensely, much how I dislike Rufus'.

And I really like Joe. He represents the sort-of realistic design and he fits the title "Street Fighter" much more than 99% of the cast, IMO. Retsu looks pretty cool as well, like how Gouken was supposed to look.

I never played SF1 though.

And I really like Joe. He represents the sort-of realistic design and he fits the title "Street Fighter" much more than 99% of the cast, IMO. Retsu looks pretty cool as well, like how Gouken was supposed to look.
Woot, another Joe fan!

I think they should reinvent all SF1 characters and old Final fight characters and add them in.
I too would like to see the original Street Fighter characters worked into the canon again. Mike & Lee could probably just stay as side characters as Boxer and Yun & Yang are their successors. (Yun & Yang are related to Lee so I'd imagine Lee would have a similar fight style if brought back as a playable character.)

Joe is the one I'd most like to see brought back of the characters that still haven't appeared outside the first SF. He could be another street brawler style character like Cody, but a lot more straight forward. (No rocks, knifes, etc.) Just pure bare knuckle boxing. He would make a good rival for Cody too.

Geki could be a more old school ninja character. Sort of a Claw/Ibuki mix that relies on traps and fake outs. Could easily be worked into Ibuki's story line.

Retsu I could see being similar to Makoto but with even more restrained traditional karate fighting style. Bring him in as Makoto's new mentor and this strengthens the bond between her, Ryu and Gouken. (Since Retsu is friends with Gouken.)

But seriously, look at Eagle.

93H3Z.jpg

This GQ beast must make a come back.

vissione

Banned
Shoutouts to floyd, rice-eater, rocwell, (neoultima and edgeward too, altho you guys left before shit got real) for dat PSN goodness. Good shit all around, godlike ibukis bodying us then leaving when they get beat... akuma mirror bullshit (that shit was hilarious), and the bed intruder song forcing guys out of the lobby! Hadn't a really good time like this in a long time... I should have plugged in my mic and played songs and talked shit during matches ages ago. :lol Floyd got dat gdlk street fighter DJing skills.

I really wish I streamed all that lol... was fun as hell to talk shit on the mic!

I'm still up gonna watch me some GGO2!

Daigo does not seem to care about running in and getting hit .
He's playing all out offensive not matter what happens.
To tell truth he's not playing that good.

carlos

Damn, daigo lost both rounds there due to mochi's ultra; that was some perfect execution by mochi

edit: might as well ask this now: if someone can send me an invite to the PSN SSF4 gaf chat room, I'd appreciate it; and if anyone wants to add me on PSN, send me a message to psn: carlos (please mention that you're from gaf please, I get A LOT of random invites

SmokeMaxX

Daigo's only chance is to push Mochi into the corner and Mochi just lets him. If Mochi would focus more on not letting Daigo push him into the corner (which is really hard just by watching the matches) then he'd be winning by a larger margin IMO.

zlatko

Banned
After placing 25th at Seasons Beating it seems Daigo has lost his composure or something. I think maybe he wants to fail non stop so people stop expecting so much from him.:lol

zlatko

Banned
AllGamer said:
10-8 Mochi, intense shit

Lol not to me. It's way more intense watching Art's sim vs Daigo's Ryu. This was just pure rush down to the point where it felt even Daigo was just rolling the dice and not caring. :lol

simtmb

Loved it, dunno about you guys, but i especially loved seeing Daigo push forward. Despite just copping hits, once your in on Dhalsim, you make the damage. Awesome.

carlos

surprised daigo didn't try to spam ryu's overhead more when he finally caught up to sim; it seemed to be catching mochi off guard consistently...overall, a bit sloppy on daigo's part with missed dp's and focus attacks

entertaining to watch, nonetheless

KajunW

Same old. Daigo mixes up flashes with brilliance with some error. For whatever reason, when it comes down to it, when things get tight, he's not getting anything done.

He's much like Federer in tennis right now.

zlatko said:
Lol not to me. It's way more intense watching Art's sim vs Daigo's Ryu. This was just pure rush down to the point where it felt even Daigo was just rolling the dice and not caring. :lol

Well i had more fun watching this for certain :lol
Mad rush down , not giving a damn even if he was playing like he don't care sometimes.
Games went by so fast .

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lol you guys talk about it like Ryu vs Sim is an easy match for Ryu... :lol

Add to the fact that Mochi is lame (in a good way)...

Amazing set, so many matches went down to the wire. It really could have gone either way, I felt Mochi won it when he took 3 consecutive matches when they were tied 5-5. All 3 matches that Mochi won after that went down to the 3rd round with him having less then 10% health left each time(correct me if I'm wrong). After that I felt Daigo was just in too big of a hole to come back from. But a valiant effort nonetheless considering it gets no harder for Ryu then the Dhalsim match up.

To be fair, most of his losses have been really close.

10-8 Sako
10-9 Uryo
10-8 Mochi

It's just too hard to keep winning when you face people of that level. Mago is winning now, but I'm guessing he'll start losing too in the future.

Anyways, good shit to Mochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom