• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, some of the matches were close despite the 10-3 margin, but Sako is a beast straight up, wow.

Watching hit those big links every single time just makes you wanna cringe.

kitzkozan said:
I don't want to put Daigo on blast,but lately people have been ripping him to shred. :lol

Saying that he's usually great in at the start of a new game lifespan and that he start fading out after a while.

That was true in most game he played so far,but his resume is still incredible imo.He usually win at a new game for the first year or two and he usually can stay top 5 after that.The same thing seems to be happening in super however,especially with Ryu been weakened. :p It's kinda sad,but I expect to see him get blown up at socal regionals.No doubt that he's more than beatable now and american players will go full force on him now. :lol

To me it really just looks like he's in a slump, nothing more - especially lately when he flies out to US tourneys, dude is even sleeping between matches in the nearest corner he can find... :lol

But yeah, every single one of these guys in this God's Garden is a monster, it's basically a cage match of Japan's best, so no one in this tourney should even feel down that they didn't win here.

zon

For the love of god, someone make a shirt saying "I love Throwryuken" and post it to mike ross. PLEASE!

Oh and if sako won't break under the pressure of leaving his house he'll take it easily.

Rufus

_dementia said:
I don't see what the big deal with turbo is. It's just online play, it's not like a legit tourney would allow such a thing.
How does that make it any better? A lot of people play mainly online.

Dexa said:
I dont see what the big deal with aimbots, wallhacks, item hacks, exploits, etc .. is.

:lol
Having a controller register several button presses does not win matches for you. Did you see the last clip in the video?

learn 2 block

:lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rice-Eater said:
Check it out, a new video series documenting turbo users

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vH-Q6tiW4&feature=recentf

The interesting thing I found is that I think every video I've seen about turbo users have been the 360 or PC version. Back then I played the PC version on a Mad Catz 360 pad. What I discovered is that the Mad Catz 360 pads turbo actually works really well where as the PS3 turbo is kind of useless. On the 360 pad you could just hold down LK and hit those Bison short links or just hold down HP to hit Ryu's 1 frame link after the F+HP. You could also do Sagat's fake kick with 100% consistency. When I tried these things on PS3, none of it worked, at least not consistently. Some didn't work at all(like Sagat's fake kick). The only thing you could do is rapid fire jabs and shorts.

I must admit I use to turn on turbo here and there back in the PC SF4 days for fun. PS3 turbo is so much slower that it's no fun trying it seeing as nothing works the way it does on 360. Oh and I'm not a turbo user nor do I promote it, it's just for lulz sometimes just to see the results. Hopefully that doesn't offend anybody.

The end of that video, where the Akuma player perfects the turbo-Cody is great. Justice! :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Satyamdas, I fully agree with your post. As I mentioned he's the awesome kind of lame. But yeah, the people he plays against force him to play like that. That should speak wonders for the talent in the GGO2 tournament.

I've seen him play in other matchups/replays, he is GDLK when he's just playing/flowing. I like him more than Art. (sorry art ;P)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
h3ro said:
Wow! I suck at this game!

I feel like a champion in Training Mode, hitting links, nailing some really nice combos. So I head online, hit ranked, start mashing and lose a match. Go back in and pick Blanka.

At least I'm doing it all on a really nice stick. :lol

Don't let it get it you. I'm probably worse than you in both SSF4 AND Blazblue online. :lol

what is the DLC schedual anyway concerning the new costume packs?

I am reckoning only paying for the new costumes when there is FULL pack later on,

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
hitsugi said:
only way to stop that would be to watch replays of every match with the inputs on :lol
They actually will DQ turbo users if you get beaten by one and show a G4G moderator the replay.

kitzkozan said:
Not just online,real play too. :lol

Especially when you start fighting the really good players.Competitive gaming can be both thrilling and mind crushing when you hit that wall. :p

Leveling up=godlike :D

Hitting a wall=soul crushing :lol

A lot of players just want to plain quit when they hit a wall.Heck,Mago did hit a wall when he started playing Fei Long in super and Daigo is hitting that wall right now.Everyone is gonna hit the "wall" sooner or later so you jut have to climb it and get over it.

I am there, with wanting to learn a Not Bison character. I wish I could lol....

USD

Axis said:
vexco special "FUCK MY METER" combo :(
He double perfected me the first fight, not surprised that he wasn't really worried about me at all. :lol At least I did decently the second time around.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ppl giving daigo shit but thats just how it goes vs sim. just have to go buckwild and try to push him into corner and land some fat damage. you dont gain much by just staying out of FP range throwin doukens. even worse, if sim gets you int he corner with a full stick of butter you're pretty much toast. i think daigo played it pretty well tbh.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My deal with turbo is...yeah, it's lame. But turbo only gives you a real advantage when you're actually good at the game, and like 95% of players who are (relatively) good don't use turbo. Definitely not something that should be allowed in tournaments, but it doesn't bother me when online warriors do it because there's nothing on the line except arbitrary points, so it's not serious business. Unless your name is Zlatko.

I enjoy running into the odd turbo user every now and again. Gives me an opportunity to practice my frame traps. Hitting Makoto's fierce feint fierce is sweet.

I am thankful for the functionality because I like to use my stick to play shumps.

Lost Fragment said:
My deal with turbo is...yeah, it's lame. But turbo only gives you a real advantage when you're actually good at the game, and like 95% of players who are (relatively) good don't use turbo. Definitely not something that should be allowed in tournaments, but it doesn't bother me when online warriors do it because there's nothing on the line except arbitrary points, so it's not serious business. Unless your name is Zlatko.

I enjoy running into the odd turbo user every now and again. Gives me an opportunity to practice my frame traps. Hitting Makoto's fierce feint fierce is sweet.

I am thankful for the functionality because I like to use my stick to play shumps.
Don't most shooters allow the player to config an autofire button in the software itself though?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
Hey guys I'm in Montreal right now, and there is a SSF4 team tournament finishing up here, and shortly after that , were running high rollers tourney with 50$ entry, winner gets a free ticket to canada cup. so tune in

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mtlsf

Lovely. Something to watch while I do something. You guys are scattered all over the place this week.

Ski is trolling the chat. :lol

That Snafu guy sounds familiar. Where did I hear his name from?

haunts said:
ppl giving daigo shit but thats just how it goes vs sim. just have to go buckwild and try to push him into corner and land some fat damage. you dont gain much by just staying out of FP range throwin doukens. even worse, if sim gets you int he corner with a full stick of butter you're pretty much toast. i think daigo played it pretty well tbh.

people
kitzkozan
are just going in for the sake of seeing the evo champ getting blown up. he would still be in a "slump" if he lost 10-9.

TimeKillr

nycfurby said:
Hey guys I'm in Montreal right now, and there is a SSF4 team tournament finishing up here, and shortly after that , were running high rollers tourney with 50$ entry, winner gets a free ticket to canada cup. so tune in

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mtlsf

Thanks for doing this for me Art.

If I drop in here and just say it nobody watches :)

Was a pleasure doing a bit of commentary with you. Really appreciated it!

BTW, Art's team in 3v3 got 5th place I think. There's still the high rollers tourney that's going on right now afaik, so.. who knows?

As for big players, there's the 2 biggest canadian players there - Chi-Rithy and JS Master. Putting Chi-Rithy first because he's a fellow Montrealer, but hey. :) Snafoo's also the best Dhalsim in Canada. Chi-Rithy is the Taiwan killer as call him - he beat both Gamerbee and the other taiwanese player who was there in the regional 5v5 :) Has a VERY mean Chun.

And Kadey, I might've mentioned Snafoo once or twice here, but otherwise... I don't think he went to Evo or SB...

The place was awesome. I had to leave because I pretty much was falling asleep on my chair (my grandma died last night so it's been a very long day for me) but it was a ton of fun doing commentary and just shooting the breeze with Elmarr on the stream.

N4Us

After spending several months playing HDR and dealing with several turbo Chun-Li tick-throwers, let me just say that turbo users can kiss my ass.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Rice-Eater said:
I'm watching the MTLSF stream, is that Killa Sasa going as KillaCammy on the stream?
That's what I was thinking as well.
Art handling business right now, just solid play all around.

Nah that's some dude from Waterloo. KillaCammy is good though. I got blown up in a different tourney today. Did well until winner's final and then self destructed in anger from some SSF4 trademark bullshit :lol

I don't know why I've taken a real turn against this game recently, I think I'm only gonna run Sakura until the next version. Or maybe stop playing it altogether. I may have grinded too much into it, I've got an insane amount of time invested in Super and Vanilla.

Not really too excited for AE, will pick it up still but I'm much more interested in Marvel. TvC was an awesome game, but I didn't have a stick for my Wii, so MvC3 will gimme that fix. Time to learn a new game for me I think, shelve this one until it's fresh again.

And yes I'm salty. It was an absolute crack for the ages, so much discombobulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom