• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Really entertaining set. Not surprised that Daigo lost, once Mochi hit 9, it was over. It's damn near impossible to take 4 straight against Sim as Ryu.

besiktas1

Just thought I'd share my SF4 experiencce and why it's sooo good... It's fun, and gets people together.

Best night of Street Fighter ever last night. At a shisha place, big comfy leather sofas, Shisha resting on my chin while playing...

There was about 15 of us, no one really knew anybody that well, but everyone was having laugh and relaxing.

Late on in the night the "bad boy" of the area came in and wanted to play. So later it came turn to play me, he randomed trying to be a smart ass, I picked Blanka, my main.

He was like "lol, Blanka." I proceeded to perfect him first round, everyone was cracking up at him, he was getting really annoyed. Beat him the second round to, to him conceeding "Ah, just finish me off". I was frustrating him with alternates of spin and jumping spinning. Slowly chipping away at him as he tried blocking. When he advanced I just sliding HP him.

After the humiliation, he hogged the pad and he was like "no, no, I'm going to play properly now"... I picked Dan, and he was like "NOoooo pick Blanka!" I smashed him twice more. He was even laughing at the end, saying he wont play SF again :lol And he SAID blanka was a ginger bitch :mad:

So yeah, just real fun, the best guy there was amazing with Boxer, he only ended up losing because the owner burnt him with hot coal, telling him to pass the pad over, no longer winner stays on :lol

SmokeMaxX

Awesome experience Besiktas. Now if only we can get you to tournies. :lol
And I mean that in the nicest possible way; as great as casual SF is, it'd be great to have an expanded competitive scene.

besiktas1

SmokeMaxX said:
Awesome experience Besiktas. Now if only we can get you to tournies. :lol
And I mean that in the nicest possible way; as great as casual SF is, it'd be great to have an expanded competitive scene.

That one dude who got assaulted with burning coals :)lol ) I'm sure could hold his own in tourneys. The nerd in me wanted to speak up about the setup but thought against it, not to cause any awkwardness. They have a lovely 50 inch screen which they connect via SD cable and play with pads. I was going to say, I need my arcade stick to play better, (fucking dpads), but if I brought that in to the place, any chance of me pulling one of the many beautiful girls there will be zero by default... :lol

Realised how big the SF culture is among casuals was really refreshing too. Having an Asain dude dancing to bangra while body popping and singing "YOGA, YOGA, YOGA" when ever he got someone in a hold with dhalsim was as you can imagine was hilarious...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Missed the Daigo match, yet another close loss, and I have to leave now so I'm going to miss this one as well - damn.

The button/lag testing alone looks like a combo show, I'm gonna regret not watching this live!

Skilotonn said:
Missed the Daigo match, yet another close loss, and I have to leave now so I'm going to miss this one as well - damn.

The button/lag testing alone looks like a combo show, I'm gonna regret not watching this live!

I linked the video a couple of posts up.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I linked the video a couple of posts up.

Don't worry, I know that they have the archives up a bit later - thanks though man...

EDIT: Had to force myself away from the stream just now, the reaction times from both of these guys are insane - shitttttttt.

Sako threw a round away with that mis-judged counter-Ultra though, didn't even realize he was using it till then.

simtmb

Alright, wth. Nets fine, but all computers, all different web browsers, its stuck on the same image and just wont play :S

Looks like i'm gonna have to wait for it to end. Not working at all. =/

USD

And Sako rolls through 10-3. There were lots of 1-1 splits, but Sako would always beast in the third round.

Since Sako won, Mago is now forced to win his match against Daigo to claim the championship (without going to a playoff).

One final scheduled match:

Sunday
9:00 AM EDT - Umehara VS Mago

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	4-0
Sako:	4-1
Uryo:	2-3
Mochi:	2-3
Daigo: 	1-3
Momochi:1-4

USD

Re-posting for new page.

Since Sako won, Mago is now forced to win his match against Daigo to claim the championship (without going to a playoff).

One final scheduled match:

Sunday
9:00 AM EDT - Umehara VS Mago

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	4-0
Sako:	4-1
Uryo:	2-3
Mochi:	2-3
Daigo: 	1-3
Momochi:1-4

USD

I have a feeling that Daigo's going to won the match and force the Mago-Sako playoff. Daigo can be a tough shell to crack when he turtles (which I fully expect him to do against Mago). 10-8 Daigo.

Satyamdas

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
Daigo's only chance is to push Mochi into the corner and Mochi just lets him. If Mochi would focus more on not letting Daigo push him into the corner (which is really hard just by watching the matches) then he'd be winning by a larger margin IMO.
Dude, I am quite confident that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) of Mochi's focus is on not letting Daigo push him into the corner. Every fiber of his being as he is playing those matches is screaming "Nooooo!!! Please don't get pushed into the corner again!!"

What makes it look like he is letting Daigo in kind of easily is that Mochi has to respect the srk and the sweep of whiffed st. fierce punches, so he has to be unpredictable with his limbs and that means pausing and not throwing them sometimes, which allows Daigo to walk or dash forward and close the gap. Mochi is not "just letting" Daigo push him to the corner, the fact is that characters WILL eventually get in on Sim, especially players of Daigo's caliber. All Mochi can hope to do is take a significant chunk of Roo's life as he tries to get in, and then either chip the rest down from up close, or somehow escape and reset things and start zoning again. There is no winning by a larger margin against Daigo's Roo as Sim. I just don't think it's possible, not even for Iyo.

And I <3 u MarkMan like everybody does, but I disagree that Mochi plays a "lame" Sim (I know you didn't mean it as an insult). I think he is one of the most dynamic and aggressive Dhalsims you will find. The problem is, every character he's faced in this GG has given him no choice but to lame it out because these are all really, really bad matchups for him with the exception of Ken and Roo. And Ken and Roo, while not as bad a matchup as Viper, Cammy or Fei, are still very good at pouring on the pressure and forcing Dhalsim to retreat for dear life and make it appear that he is laming hard. And with beasts like these that he is fighting, 2.5 mistakes means you lose as Sim. Which makes his wins that much more impressive IMO.

And Sako is totally broken. Dude is Skynet, the Borg, Lt. Commander Data, the Matrix itself, and the W.O.P.R computer from Wargames all rolled into one. Nerf him ASAP Capcom plz thx.

h3ro

Wow! I suck at this game!

I feel like a champion in Training Mode, hitting links, nailing some really nice combos. So I head online, hit ranked, start mashing and lose a match. Go back in and pick Blanka.

At least I'm doing it all on a really nice stick. :lol

So started doing some more work on perfecting Sakura's links for about fifteen minutes today. And I was finally able to do the combos I've been meaning to do on Seth for a little while now. ^_^

j.RH > st.foward > tatsu > st.fierce xx tatsu > c.fierce xx tatsu > st.short > ex sho > FADC > st.foward > tatsu > st.fierce xx tatsu > c.fierce xx tatsu > st.short > sho
^ That stuns seth. So I follow up with one of the following two combos.

j.RH> st.foward > tatsu > st.fierce xx tatsu > c.fierce xx tatsu > st.short > ex dp > U2

or

j.RH> st.foward xx tatsu > st.fierce xx tatsu > c.fierce xx tatsu > st.short > ex tatsu > U1

So hype. ^_^

XenoRaven

Posted in the tourney thread, but I'll post it here too. Just PM me when you guys are ready if you don't mind. I'm working on stuff, but can take a break once I get the PM.

h3ro said:
Wow! I suck at this game!

I feel like a champion in Training Mode, hitting links, nailing some really nice combos. So I head online, hit ranked, start mashing and lose a match. Go back in and pick Blanka.

At least I'm doing it all on a really nice stick. :lol
Online is lol, don't let it get to you.

kitzkozan

Satyamdas said:
Dude, I am quite confident that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) of Mochi's focus is on not letting Daigo push him into the corner. Every fiber of his being as he is playing those matches is screaming "Nooooo!!! Please don't get pushed into the corner again!!"

What makes it look like he is letting Daigo in kind of easily is that Mochi has to respect the srk and the sweep of whiffed st. fierce punches, so he has to be unpredictable with his limbs and that means pausing and not throwing them sometimes, which allows Daigo to walk or dash forward and close the gap. Mochi is not "just letting" Daigo push him to the corner, the fact is that characters WILL eventually get in on Sim, especially players of Daigo's caliber. All Mochi can hope to do is take a significant chunk of Roo's life as he tries to get in, and then either chip the rest down from up close, or somehow escape and reset things and start zoning again. There is no winning by a larger margin against Daigo's Roo as Sim. I just don't think it's possible, not even for Iyo.

And I <3 u MarkMan like everybody does, but I disagree that Mochi plays a "lame" Sim (I know you didn't mean it as an insult). I think he is one of the most dynamic and aggressive Dhalsims you will find. The problem is, every character he's faced in this GG has given him no choice but to lame it out because these are all really, really bad matchups for him with the exception of Ken and Roo. And Ken and Roo, while not as bad a matchup as Viper, Cammy or Fei, are still very good at pouring on the pressure and forcing Dhalsim to retreat for dear life and make it appear that he is laming hard. And with beasts like these that he is fighting, 2.5 mistakes means you lose as Sim. Which makes his wins that much more impressive IMO.

And Sako is totally broken. Dude is Skynet, the Borg, Lt. Commander Data, the Matrix itself, and the W.O.P.R computer from Wargames all rolled into one. Nerf him ASAP Capcom plz thx.

I don't want to put Daigo on blast,but lately people have been ripping him to shred. :lol

Saying that he's usually great in at the start of a new game lifespan and that he start fading out after a while.

That was true in most game he played so far,but his resume is still incredible imo.He usually win at a new game for the first year or two and he usually can stay top 5 after that.The same thing seems to be happening in super however,especially with Ryu been weakened. :p It's kinda sad,but I expect to see him get blown up at socal regionals.No doubt that he's more than beatable now and american players will go full force on him now. :lol

kitzkozan

_dementia said:

Not just online,real play too. :lol

Especially when you start fighting the really good players.Competitive gaming can be both thrilling and mind crushing when you hit that wall. :p

Leveling up=godlike :D

Hitting a wall=soul crushing :lol

A lot of players just want to plain quit when they hit a wall.Heck,Mago did hit a wall when he started playing Fei Long in super and Daigo is hitting that wall right now.Everyone is gonna hit the "wall" sooner or later so you jut have to climb it and get over it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sako did like three straight Sako combos in the last set first round. Them Sako combos into super. Out of like 30-40 Sako combos, he probably only missed 2-3. Guy is so good. :D

Mago will probably beat Daigo unless the World Warrior Daigo wakes up. Either way, It would the greatest to see Uryo, Sako, Daigo, Mago and Mochi vs U.S top 5.

But yeah, Daigo won EVO and $20k. He can lose the rest of the year and it wouldn't matter since that amount of money is way more than any other tournaments combined.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
kitzkozan said:
Not just online,real play too. :lol

Especially when you start fighting the really good players.Competitive gaming can be both thrilling and mind crushing when you hit that wall. :p

Leveling up=godlike :D

Hitting a wall=soul crushing :lol

A lot of players just want to plain quit when they hit a wall.Heck,Mago did hit a wall when he started playing Fei Long in super and Daigo is hitting that wall right now.Everyone is gonna hit the "wall" sooner or later so you jut have to climb it and get over it.

I gotta say that's true- when you hit a wall, it's either you or the game.

When you decide it's the game, you're done.

I've given up on being competitive though, I just don't have the time or reflexes- so I just troll now. What's funny/infuriating is when the other guy decides to start trolling also- you end up with weird matches like Trolldon/Trollbuki.

Check it out, a new video series documenting turbo users

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vH-Q6tiW4&feature=recentf

The interesting thing I found is that I think every video I've seen about turbo users have been the 360 or PC version. Back then I played the PC version on a Mad Catz 360 pad. What I discovered is that the Mad Catz 360 pads turbo actually works really well where as the PS3 turbo is kind of useless. On the 360 pad you could just hold down LK and hit those Bison short links or just hold down HP to hit Ryu's 1 frame link after the F+HP. You could also do Sagat's fake kick with 100% consistency. When I tried these things on PS3, none of it worked, at least not consistently. Some didn't work at all(like Sagat's fake kick). The only thing you could do is rapid fire jabs and shorts.

I must admit I use to turn on turbo here and there back in the PC SF4 days for fun. PS3 turbo is so much slower that it's no fun trying it seeing as nothing works the way it does on 360. Oh and I'm not a turbo user nor do I promote it, it's just for lulz sometimes just to see the results. Hopefully that doesn't offend anybody.

AZ Greg

_dementia said:

Yeah, let's ignore that his point was that he loses composure going from a training dummy that doesn't fight back to a real opponent that does, online lol!

kitzkozan said:
I don't want to put Daigo on blast,but lately people have been ripping him to shred. :lol

Saying that he's usually great in at the start of a new game lifespan and that he start fading out after a while.

That was true in most game he played so far,but his resume is still incredible imo.He usually win at a new game for the first year or two and he usually can stay top 5 after that.The same thing seems to be happening in super however,especially with Ryu been weakened. :p It's kinda sad,but I expect to see him get blown up at socal regionals.No doubt that he's more than beatable now and american players will go full force on him now. :lol

you've been going on about how the japanese are going to get blown up. who do you honestly expect will win scr? a random ibuki player?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Daigo's just in a slump. All there is to it. Happens to everyone at some point.

Rice-Eater said:
Check it out, a new video series documenting turbo users

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vH-Q6tiW4&feature=recentf

The interesting thing I found is that I think every video I've seen about turbo users have been the 360 or PC version. Back then I played the PC version on a Mad Catz 360 pad. What I discovered is that the Mad Catz 360 pads turbo actually works really well where as the PS3 turbo is kind of useless. On the 360 pad you could just hold down LK and hit those Bison short links or just hold down HP to hit Ryu's 1 frame link after the F+HP. You could also do Sagat's fake kick with 100% consistency. When I tried these things on PS3, none of it worked, at least not consistently. Some didn't work at all(like Sagat's fake kick). The only thing you could do is rapid fire jabs and shorts.

I must admit I use to turn on turbo here and there back in the PC SF4 days for fun. PS3 turbo is so much slower that it's no fun trying it seeing as nothing works the way it does on 360. Oh and I'm not a turbo user nor do I promote it, it's just for lulz sometimes just to see the results. Hopefully that doesn't offend anybody.

Turbo users are lame, but I'm not sure why it bothers people enough that they make videos about it.

kitzkozan

DryEyeRelief said:
you've been going on about how the japanese are going to get blown up. who do you honestly expect will win scr? a random ibuki player?

We will see next week. :D I honestly have no idea who's going to win,but it will probably come down to Wong or Gamerbee or Sako/Tokido/Daigo.

If you look at current streaks,Daigo and Tokido are both in a slump.Sako should easily be the favorite,but anything can happen imo.After season's beating,I just think it's too easy to think that: Sako,Gamerbee,Daigo,Tokido and Wong will finish in that order.

Threi

notag
my friend went back to using a turbo madcatz pad (after trying to use a stick for ~2 months and getting salty from losses)

He can't understand how i'm able to beat him constantly and think's i'm cheating.

also: Turbo bison is a scary, scary thing. 3 frame low short into free damage? No thanks. Doesn't help that they all think they're hot shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom