• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haunts said:
LI Joe reported they didnt give him his S. LK cancel back. Would be funny if they increased recovery on his high tiger and left everything else the same. :lol

from what I played at TGS AE beta, that's what Sagat looked like. Tiger uppercut looked like it did 20 more damage or some shit. big whoop.

Prettiest girl in Street Fighter: Kayo or Tatsu?

DryEyeRelief said:
you're sick of dudley?

Unless they bring back Short Swing Blow, I'm pretty done with Duds. He's a character I understand well enough, even if I don't always follow my own advice and notes, but his style just isn't what I want. SSB is a major part of what made him a unique character in 3s, pretty much everything else has been done by another character. I just kinda picked him because he was the only character in this game that I used in 3s. Even in 3s he was one of my best characters, but I didn't really want to play as him. I like the weird characters, with weird setups. Q and Twelve were my mains in 3s, with Remy and Yang pulling up the rear.

I'm liking Guy because he has a lot of moves that are kind of unwieldy and have odd applications, without being super execution-heavy. It's easier I think to come up with your own playstyle with that kind of character. Dudley is half a character in this game, and Fei is a one trick pony(even if it's a really good trick). It's time to explore, especially with AE dropping in the next few months.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
God's Beard said:

Unless they bring back Short Swing Blow, I'm pretty done with Duds. He's a character I understand well enough, even if I don't always follow my own advice and notes, but his style just isn't what I want. SSB is a major part of what made him a unique character in 3s, pretty much everything else has been done by another character. I just kinda picked him because he was the only character in this game that I used in 3s. Even in 3s he was one of my best characters, but I didn't really want to play as him. I like the weird characters, with weird setups. Q and Twelve were my mains in 3s, with Remy and Yang pulling up the rear.

I'm liking Guy because he has a lot of moves that are kind of unwieldy and have odd applications, without being super execution-heavy. It's easier I think to come up with your own playstyle with that kind of character. Dudley is half a character in this game, and Fei is a one trick pony(even if it's a really good trick). It's time to explore, especially with AE dropping in the next few months.

Oh guy is definitely fun..just..not consistent. It really takes work to squeeze some damage out sometimes. Just knowing what combo to use in what situation is a game on its own with with the TC unpredictability which you would think would be his go to combo finisher. When you run into people who really know his deficiencies as a character its REALLY an uphill battle. Its cool though the update seems to really take most of his issues into account..i predict we will be seeing a whole lot of new guy players come the arcade update

haunts

Bacon of Hope
man i always get the nicest messages on XBL. this guy said im the type of player who makes him want to get better at the game. ;_;

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
haunts said:
man i always get the nicest messages on XBL. this guy said im the type of player who makes him want to get better at the game. ;_;
That is adorable!
Back when I was doing ok with Mak, I had a couple of encouraging messages.
Makes a change from the usual hate/sore loser.

Dascu

God's Beard said:

Wait wait wait. I've only had a small bit of playtime with SSFIV, but Short Swing Blow is in. What exactly do you mean with this? Is it nerfed compared to 3s? Or are they taking it out of the AE?

Morris

Disco Devil
God's Beard said:

h1ITw.png

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
haunts said:
I switched from Flowchart Ken to Dan in hopes of getting more hate mail. I started getting compliments instead.

Then I stopped playing SF4 online.

hertog

B-Genius said:
That is adorable!
Back when I was doing ok with Mak, I had a couple of encouraging messages.
Makes a change from the usual hate/sore loser.

I love the delicious hate mail when I'm playing with Blanka. :lol

But I hate it that there's so much rage quitting when I play as him, they are always accusing me of spamming random moves, while I know exactly what I'm doing, smh.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
hertog said:
I love the delicious hate mail when I'm playing with Blanka. :lol

But I hate it that there's so much rage quitting when I play as him, they are always accusing me of spamming random moves, while I know exactly what I'm doing, smh.
Rage quitting is simply the worst, especially when it's like your first good game of the night. I don't think there's anything worse than that horribly stuttery slow-down followed by the little "brrp" noise of your opponent banging out.

Actually, something equally annoying might be getting accused of raging yourself while mid-combo or something. Makes no sense.

What is "smh" btw? Have wondered for a while...

B-Genius said:
Rage quitting is simply the worst, especially when it's like your first good game of the night. I don't think there's anything worse than that horribly stuttery slow-down followed by the little "brrp" noise of your opponent banging out.

Actually, something equally annoying might be getting accused of raging yourself while mid-combo or something. Makes no sense.

What is "smh" btw? Have wondered for a while...

Shaking my head

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I remember when V-Ryu first busted out that meaty c.lk into U1, but I never had the time to look into it myself, I think I will right now that I'm freed up again - anything to make The Mak more dominating in my matches...

God's Beard said:

Disappointing to read man, I always stick with a character in SF4/SSF4 despite their many downfalls - the only reason why I actually stop using characters is simply because I play WAY too many characters, and that also means that I haven't mastered any of them because whenever I play I make a circle with all the characters I like - and I'm talking about 10 or more characters...

While it sucks to lose by an inch of life, nothing feels better than getting a hard-earned win with Hakan, or a decisive one with Makoto, a great zoning win with Dee Jay, a complete rush-down win with Adon (before GamerBee put him on the map) - it's great when I win with Balrog, Honda, Bison, Blanka etc., but I love going to the ones where you gotta struggle a bit more to win.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
God's Beard said:

You missed out on 98 Heavy D! After hearing this, I think he would have been your all time favorite character- he's all about unwieldly weird moves. Juri might be up your alley also, if you don't mind not playing a heavy rushdown char (she can rush in a few matchups)

hitsugi

CcrooK said:
Speaking of Guy, which is the better Ultra for him? I usually stick with U1 for the corner pressure combos.

unless you have the uncanny ability to land U2 at will, or do ex run buffer into U2.. you might as well stick with U1 until AE comes out

I also have the ex hozanto issue sometimes. not sure why, but hcb x2 was never my thing

USD

Don't you love it when you have moves so good, you don't even know what you're doing? Playing as Fei, I try to Flame Kick an empty jump. Instead, I end up getting a meaty command throw, so I roll with it and do fierce > Rekkas. I end up doing EX Rekkas on accident instead of just plain fierce, but of course the slight damage boost does just enough to finish him off. I'm godlike and I don't even know it. :lol

USD said:
Don't you love it when you have moves so good, you don't even know what you're doing? Playing as Fei, I try to Flame Kick an empty jump. Instead, I end up getting a meaty command throw, so I roll with it and do fierce > Rekkas. I end up doing EX Rekkas on accident instead of just plain fierce, but of course the slight damage boost does just enough to finish him off. I'm godlike and I don't even know it. :lol
that is pretty funny.

sometimes i get miraculous game winning ultras, but nothing like what you described

USD

_dementia said:
that is pretty funny.

sometimes i get miraculous game winning ultras, but nothing like what you described
Nice reactions. :lol

That's the thing with Fei's commands. With three different special moves assigned to kicks, you're bound to get the occasional input fuck-up. Sometimes though, it just works in your favor. :lol

A few matches before that, I did what looked like a sick option-select Super, catching Juri's overhead attempt. Juggled her with the first, third, and fifth hits, killing her. I was just fishing for cr.MP xx Super, but I take what works. :lol

USD

GGO#2 is not over yet. There's is going to be one more match between Uryo and Mochi to decide third place:

Wednesday
6:30 AM EDT - Uryo VS YHC-Mochi

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	5-0
Sako:	4-1
Uryo:	2-3
Mochi:	2-3
Daigo: 	1-4
Momochi:1-4

Uryo took their last match 10-8, though Mochi did surprisingly well, considering the match-up. Third place takes 50K yen (about $600) while forth gets 30K (about $360).

Though Daigo and Momochi are tied for last, there's no fight money for fifth, so they're left out in the cold. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
SnowWolf said:
I can't wait for the Mike Ross documentary. It's by far the most professional looking and the best produced SF documentary. Shot with a dreamy 5D Mark II mmmm
Damn, when is this coming out?

Gr1mLock said:
Oh guy is definitely fun..just..not consistent. It really takes work to squeeze some damage out sometimes. Just knowing what combo to use in what situation is a game on its own with with the TC unpredictability which you would think would be his go to combo finisher. When you run into people who really know his deficiencies as a character its REALLY an uphill battle. Its cool though the update seems to really take most of his issues into account..i predict we will be seeing a whole lot of new guy players come the arcade update

Yeah, well I tend to play low tiers in every game, so I'm used to it.

Dascu said:
Wait wait wait. I've only had a small bit of playtime with SSFIV, but Short Swing Blow is in. What exactly do you mean with this? Is it nerfed compared to 3s? Or are they taking it out of the AE?

It's nerfed to the point of being basically worthless. You can't juggle with it, it's too slow for counter-hits, and the hitbox is so shitty you get hit and thrown out of it when you use it for its intended purpose. It would have good applications(counterhit fadc ultra 2 for instance) if it worked, but it doesn't.

Morro! said:
i am disappoint

Hey, AE's a long ways away, until then, I'm still working on my character guide here and there. I don't really update the matchups section because those are my secret notes, but if you or chaotix want to take a look, I'm missing a lot of general stuff like focus attack and ducking philosophy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23489620&postcount=11609

Skilotonn said:
Disappointing to read man, I always stick with a character in SF4/SSF4 despite their many downfalls - the only reason why I actually stop using characters is simply because I play WAY too many characters, and that also means that I haven't mastered any of them because whenever I play I make a circle with all the characters I like - and I'm talking about 10 or more characters...

While it sucks to lose by an inch of life, nothing feels better than getting a hard-earned win with Hakan, or a decisive one with Makoto, a great zoning win with Dee Jay, a complete rush-down win with Adon (before GamerBee put him on the map) - it's great when I win with Balrog, Honda, Bison, Blanka etc., but I love going to the ones where you gotta struggle a bit more to win.

I actually did stop using all my vanilla characters and all the characters I wanted to learn to play Dudley. I'm not going to drop him in AE because he has matchup deficiencies, I'm dropping him because there's a deficiency in fun. They're making him a lot better in AE, so maybe I'm talking for nothing, but that's what it's looking like.

LakeEarth

It's nerfed to the point of being basically worthless. You can't juggle with it, it's too slow for counter-hits, and the hitbox is so shitty you get hit and thrown out of it when you use it for its intended purpose. It would have good applications(counterhit fadc ultra 2 for instance) if it worked, but it doesn't.
I still can't believe you can be thrown out of it. In 3s I thought its whole purpose was to punish wake-up throw whiffs!

I had a long endless session with burnyourbra and April (mistreegirl)this past Friday. She's has gotten tons better since evo. Her Ken is legit...and was doing all the right things with him. She blew up my Cammy hard (although I haven't used Cammy in a while, so my Cammy sux and is out of shape). Treegirl has a really solid Chun too and she's very nice person.

Platy

SmokeMaxX said:
She's not. I have a Japanese foreign exchange buddy who said that she's not considered great in Japan. That being said, it says something that even "good players" can beat top talent in Japan (sorta like how Choco beat Mago).

She won while talking !
GAMING WHILE TALKING !!!!

MIMIC

Banned
I ranked up Ibuki the other day. I was practicing with her in training mode and just said fuck it. Way too much shit to learn just for a C ranking :lol And I'm just going to go in the order (left to right) presented in the character selection screen. Makoto next!

And searching for 1 round matches makes things outrageously easy. If you lose, you lose and on to the next match. If you win, great. And it seems like the lesser-skilled players play the 1 round matches, too (or they're trying to rank up for achievement purposes like me)....although I did get a 12K Blanka in a 1-rounder once :-/

And thank God you only need to win 10 Team Battle games for the achievement. It's always so deserted.

Killa Sasa said:
Part one of "look good, get blow up" from this past weekend's tourney;

Look good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YedZFrTbt_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SefTphWJnX8

Get blow up (same guy, different day. Don't know wtf happened after the first match):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQEX_FtxVt4

I look so free there

Some other vids on those channels, not all are up yet. Still got a Barlog and a Gen yet to go up. Posted from my phone, so if anythings wrong that's why.
:lol at the taunt in the first video, followed by the lv3 focus

lucky the guy didn't mash out of dizzy and then Raging Demon, he had plenty of time to do so

MIMIC said:
I ranked up Ibuki the other day. I was practicing with her in training mode and just said fuck it. Way too much shit to learn just for a C ranking :lol And I'm just going to go in the order (left to right) presented in the character selection screen. Makoto next!

And searching for 1 round matches makes things outrageously easy. If you lose, you lose and on to the next match. If you win, great. And it seems like the lesser-skilled players play the 1 round matches, too (or they're trying to rank up for achievement purposes like me)....although I did get a 12K Blanka in a 1-rounder once :-/

And thank God you only need to win 10 Team Battle games for the achievement. It's always so deserted.

I've been on a bit of a break, too, so I decided to try and get all the trophies. I'm havin' LOTS of fun with Vega at the moment.

haunts said:
light knee is still pretty safe afaik. thing with sagat now is he is still really good you just have to pretty much relearn the character entirely. most of his block strings are different and his max damage combos are like completely different now. took me forever to get sagat back in shape after all the changes. you also have to use c.lk, c.mp, c.lp mostly now instead of the standard c.lk x2, x.lp into upper.

Reasoning for this? better damage?

MIMIC

Banned
Yeah, Vega's pretty fun. Whenever I'm playing my brother and it's kinda close, I would go "Hmmm....what would Greg do in this situation?" :lol

N4Us

MIMIC said:

90% of 1-rounders are awful, and tend to have high points as a bonus. Wish there were more of those guys out there.

vulva

carlos said:
Greetings folks, I'm looking for some advice on my work in progress chun li: what to do on wakeup against jumping in opponents? (aside from spinning bird kick ex)
the answer is always backdash

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:

lk. SSB isn't that bad. It's a good mixup for when your opponent is able to punish the cr. mp/hk xx lk duck, does pretty good chip damage, and isn't punishable. The only thing I have to complain about it is that it doesn't go far enough forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom