• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitsugi said:
mago is seriously out of control.

or perfectly in control :lol

After finally coming to grips with Fei Long. It's a bit of a contrast. America's #1 player switched to Fei Long last fall and then dropped him to go back Rufus. The change wasn't out of necessity.

While with Mago, with the One-eye nerfs, he was in search of a new character to dominate with. He definitely stuck it out vice going back to Sagat.

kitzkozan

USD said:
Mike Ross is beasting right now, working on a second OCV.

EDIT: And there it is. Final set.

Scrubs are hilarious... :lol

Fchamp having momentum on Ross: How can Honda get in? Dhalsim is completely broken vs Honda.Now Ross is beasting hard and: Honda is mad broken,nerf that shit.

USD

Mike fucking Ross. jab > Hands > low short (i think) > EX headbutt. Godlike.

One match away from a fucking triple OCV.

USD

Can someone give a breakdown of who's NorCal and who's SoCal? I think I have a somewhat decent idea who's from where:

NorCal: Choi, Rick O., F.Champ, haunts, Grimmz (?), Lamerboi (?)
SoCal: Valle, Mike Ross, Gootecks, ShadyK, Marn, J.Wong, James Chen, Shizza (?), Tatsu (?), Keno (?)

?: Hugo101, AndyOCR, Combofiend

There's probably a bunch of other players I'm forgetting, it would helpful if others listed some.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
USD said:
Can someone give a breakdown of who's NorCal and who's SoCal? I think I have a somewhat decent idea who's from where:

NorCal: Choi, Rick O., F.Champ, haunts, Grimmz (?), Lamerboi (?), Crizzle, Magus1234, Crackfiend, LPN, El Cubano Loco, Vangief, Hoodaman, Ramin, Masarap, 200 Yen, Larry/Jitterz, Tyram, Ricki Nelson (Good akuma player), SIKWIDIT

SoCal: Valle, Mike Ross, Gootecks, ShadyK, Marn, J.Wong, James Chen, Shizza (?), Tatsu (?), Hugo101, AndyOCR, Combofiend, Keno (?), Nima (Just down there for school, originally norcal), Combojack, Fuson, Vicious

updated, i know im forgetting some peeps.

edit: this reminds me, im working on a player database so people can get more info like this. its kinda creepy but i think it could help. :lol

http://iplaywinner.com/player-database/

probably wont be live-live for a while tho. there is a lot of work to do. :\

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
EDIT: updated list

NorCal: Choi, Rick O., F.Champ, haunts, Grimmz, Lamerboi, Crizzle, Magus1234, Crackfiend, LPN, El Cubano Loco, Vangief, Hoodaman, Ramin, Masarap, 200 Yen, Larry/Jitterz, Tyram, Ricki Nelson (Good akuma player), SIKWIDIT

SoCal: Valle, Mike Ross, Gootecks, ShadyK, Marn, J.Wong, James Chen, Shizza, Tatsu, Hugo101, AndyOCR, Combofiend, Keno, Nima (Just down there for school, originally norcal), Combojack, Fuson, Vicious, LainySky, Happytang Kai, Online Tony, JR Rodriguez, WarahK

SmokeMaxX

haunts said:
updated, i know im forgetting some peeps.

edit: this reminds me, im working on a player database so people can get more info like this. its kinda creepy but i think it could help. :lol

http://iplaywinner.com/player-database/

probably wont be live-live for a while tho. there is a lot of work to do. :\
What are the credentials necessary for getting on the directory?

On a slightly related note, at one point in time I thought about making an online player directory type thing where people could post online gamertags and associate them with characters, styles, skill, etc so people could see what they're getting into before they actually play.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SmokeMaxX said:
What are the credentials necessary for getting on the directory?

On a slightly related note, at one point in time I thought about making an online player directory type thing where people could post online gamertags and associate them with characters, styles, skill, etc so people could see what they're getting into before they actually play.

yeah i mean thats kind of the difficulty i am running into. I dont want every XBL monsters in existence to be on there, but I know there are some peeps from team NAH that deserve to be up there as well.

sooooo i dunno... id like to keep it to "well known" players but thats still hard because I dont know every last player in existence, esp over seas.

right now I just want to focus on what we have and spruce up some of the pages with photos and bios and stuff. hopefully by early next year i can let it loose to the public.

MightyKAC

GG's On PSN-Gaf guys.
Thanks for helping my scrubby ass Claw and Ibuki Level up.

Oh and also I bow down to Kaako's god-like Makoto.
:lol

Satyamdas

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
This is not a good matchup for Guile.
It's a grindfest but Sim does soo much dmg VERY easily as Guile only has the option to chip.

Sim can easily trade a sniper for a boom, and the dmg difference is very crucial.

Guile players do not like this matchup at all.

6-4.
Wait what? Sim does "soo much dmg VERY easily"? LOL. Outside of a Super or Ultra 2, that is simply not true. And he definitely doesn't do damage easily since he has the weakest normals in the game.

Trading sniper for a sonic boom? I don't even know what you mean by that. Abusing sniper against a good Guile player will get you Flash Kicked for free dude. Trust me, Sim players don't like the match either, but to say that Sim does big damage very easily while poor Guile has to chip him out is just crazy talk.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MightyKAC said:
GG's On PSN-Gaf guys.
Thanks for helping my scrubby ass Claw and Ibuki Level up.

Oh and also I bow down to Kaako's god-like Makoto.
:lol
I literally lost my shit after that kara-super get ultra'd hahaha. I couldn't stop laughing the whole match man, so fun/crazy ass random.
Also, thank you regular gaf for putting up with my dumbass play style. It was a pleasure to play some SSF4 with you gentlemen.

p.s. Nerf Floyd!

SmokeMaxX

haunts said:
yeah i mean thats kind of the difficulty i am running into. I dont want every XBL monsters in existence to be on there, but I know there are some peeps from team NAH that deserve to be up there as well.

sooooo i dunno... id like to keep it to "well known" players but thats still hard because I dont know every last player in existence, esp over seas.

right now I just want to focus on what we have and spruce up some of the pages with photos and bios and stuff. hopefully by early next year i can let it loose to the public.
Whoops haha, I meant to separate that into two different thoughts. What I meant was, does best in an obscure place like Arkansas deserve mention? Or is it only those of note on East/West Coast?

The other thing was just this thing I was thinking about, but would never put into action.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan said:
*raises hand*

I'll be late. I'm going to be at MLG Dallas on Thursday/Friday.

word. im def going, not sure if ill enter tho... sooo expensive. >_>

SmokeMaxX said:
Whoops haha, I meant to separate that into two different thoughts. What I meant was, does best in an obscure place like Arkansas deserve mention? Or is it only those of note on East/West Coast?

The other thing was just this thing I was thinking about, but would never put into action.

in my mind i think they should be mentioned, but then again its hard to know if they are legit or not... like i said i think i am going to focus on beefing up whats already there and worry about lesser known but good players later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom