• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a 5 month hiatus, I have returned to this game and I'm like, super shitty.

option select throw, karas, hell even special canceling is hard :lol

I probably lost about 70% of my matches today, but I double perfected someone and finally got the Absolute Perfection tropy. Though, it might have been the opponent's first time playing a fighting game (I watched the replay and the player, an Abel ,was mashing the 3K macro almost the entire match, with a couple of CoDs tossed in)

I pulled off CH DP FADC Ultra with Ken for the full animation, so I immortalized it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2TQ6beL8c

and re: tag change... feels good man.

_dementia said:
After a 5 month hiatus, I have returned to this game and I'm like, super shitty.

I probably lost about 70% of my matches today, but I double perfected someone and finally got the Absolute Perfection tropy. Though, it might have been the opponent's first time playing a fighting game (I watched the replay and the player, an Abel ,was mashing the 3K macro almost the entire match, with a couple of CoDs tossed in)

I pulled off CH DP FADC Ultra with Ken for the full animation, so I immortalized it

Grats... 'Read the thread where they changed it

XenoRaven

_dementia said:

Welcome back. Why'd you stop in the first place?

I had to post on this legendary page. :lol :lol

From the bears, to the literally comic, kadey's gif, and DAT expert ROG... Never change Gaf.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
shinshoryuken said:
I think Guy is even more fancy and complicated to use.

You will need alot of hit confirming and baiting the opponent to stand up.

It would be nice if he has a move that force to stand..like shotos cr. fierce.
cr fierce with guy also forces a stand..

You mean you want them to stand so Guy can perform his target combo? I don't think anybody in the game can use a normal to force a stand and then continue the combo with normals.

But still, Guy doesn't necessarily need his opponents to stand. Hit confirms into tatsu or EX shoulder thingy works fine. You don't always need to look for the target combo.

So my doctor says I have mononeuritis or some crap from playing too much street fighter so my left wrist hurts all the time and I'm not supposed to play anymore. Fuck that, I'll stop when my left arm falls off. And then I'll just swap to one-arm zangief.

cHaotix8 said:
Dudley's not exactly an easy character to play so don't feel the need to give him up just because you're losing now. It'll just make things all the sweeter when he gets those buffs in AE.

I always lost so I'm not bothering with that, but I have been in a slump because my fundamentals are so bad.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
You mean you want them to stand so Guy can perform his target combo? I don't think anybody in the game can use a normal to force a stand and then continue the combo with normals.

But still, Guy doesn't necessarily need his opponents to stand. Hit confirms into tatsu or EX shoulder thingy works fine. You don't always need to look for the target combo.

Sure there is, Cody: S.HP > C.MP xx HK Ruffian Kick FADC F+HK > EX Criminal Upper. feels good man. Dudley: C.HP > S.HK.

With Guy, force stand would be fucking awesome because you could link into Bushin Chain without having to cross up or whiff punish.

hitsugi

Gr1mLock said:
You can combo out of it..thats something right?

the best thing he can do to follow it is stand strong -> ex hozanto or run slide.. c.fierce, s.strong, ex. hozanto is pretty hefty damage and stun

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
God's Beard said:
So my doctor says I have mononeuritis or some crap from playing too much street fighter so my left wrist hurts all the time and I'm not supposed to play anymore. Fuck that, I'll stop when my left arm falls off. And then I'll just swap to one-arm zangief.

I always lost so I'm not bothering with that, but I have been in a slump because my fundamentals are so bad.

Set goals in a match to work on your fundamentals - like for example, telling yourself to not jump for a whole fight, to keep your opponent locked down with block strings, to anti-air every jump-in, to time safe-jumps properly, to land a certain BnB combo x amount of times in a fight, etc.

That's why pros can hop from character to character and retain their fighting style because of their fundamentals are down pact - a one-frame link for one character is the same timing for any other character with a one-frame link.

Also, watch your own replays, especially the ones you lost - nothing gets me more motivated to improve than when I see myself doing something stupid that cost me a round by a hair, or when I jump too damn much in a fight.

God's Beard said:

Play with your arms crossed, S-Kill style.

If Guy's standing strong forced stand up, the TC would stop whiffing. Don't even need to adjust the hitbox. Of course, this solution is too elegant and easy.

Solune said:
Sure there is, Cody: S.HP > C.MP xx HK Ruffian Kick FADC F+HK > EX Criminal Upper. feels good man. Dudley: C.HP > S.HK.

With Guy, force stand would be fucking awesome because you could link into Bushin Chain without having to cross up or whiff punish.

^ what he said!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Sako perfects Justin back. :lol

EDIT: The perfects flip over again! Justin knows this matchup amazingly well, all thanks to JChensor apparently. xD

For my situation wish they hadn't switched to Ustream, on Justintv you can choose a slow-ass internet option so the stream doesn't stop ever other second :(

Just did a bunch of ranked matches using Fei Long with only normals, no throws or throw teching, no focus attacks, no specials super or ultra.

So far 50% win rate :D

It's kinda calming, it's hard to relax when I'm worried about all the different moves. I think next I'll try only focus attacks and throws, and swap between these limitations until Fei is around 1000 bp, then I'll allow myself all 3 together until I hit 2000 bp. Then I'll allow myself Ultra 2 until 2500, then Super until 3000, after which I'll see how much I've improved and use Fei's complete repertoire.

I wonder if I can win with only Focus Attacks and Ultra 2.

God's Beard said:
Marn on Sako: "I only used 30%"
MAiwo.jpg

DryEyeRelief said:
everyone remembers the first fight gamerbee had with justin's makoto and not the second.

Yeah, I remember reading people saying stuff like "Justin got his revenge". It doesn't count if the guy gets another chance at you and eliminates you from the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom