• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
USD said:
Is there no costume catalog on PS3 like the one on 360?

Nope, the first time you play someone with a new alt, a box pops up and straight up just tells you to go buy the costumes if you wanna see them.

God rog owns guy for free. I feel so helpless in that matchup. Any tips? Seems like the decent tool is his cr. Mk to deal with his armored rush punches and even that it's risky. Rog's jabs are retarded good.

PhatSaqs

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
God rog owns guy for free. I feel so helpless in that matchup. Any tips? Seems like the decent tool is his cr. Mk to deal with his armored rush punches and even that it's risky. Rog's jabs are retarded good.
You can mix him up pretty good on knock down. C.mk beats all rush punches and even ducks wake up HB. Mix it up with throws, ticks, faints, etc. Just watch out for wake up ultra/super. Dont slide as much unless from max distance since 3 frame jab owns.

PhatSaqs said:
You can mix him up pretty good on knock down. C.mk beats all rush punches and even ducks wake up HB. Mix it up with throws, ticks, faints, etc. Just watch out for wake up ultra/super. Dont slide as much unless from max distance since 3 frame jab owns.
Thanks saqs!

Yeah, Cr. Mk seems to give me the best chance in these matches, and his frames traps is also good if I am close enough, but it's so hard to get in any good position with guy against him.

On the bright side, i made two guile players ragequit last night. :)

LOL, I just tried Guy for the first time in a online match and got blown the fuck up by a 13k Abel. All I did was mash throw like my life depended on it. All that time in the training room didn't mean jack, I tried the target combo once and failed miserably. And hit confirms into LK Tatsu were out of the question since the guy blocked every close jab I threw at him.

Playing Guy was really scary, I felt like I went to a gun fight with a knife. I went looking for the guy to get revenge with Ryu or Ken because I felt I could beat him with my mains but his name never showed up again. But anyways, you guys were right about Guy. I think I'll stay away from randoms and only use him in GAF games to avoid raging or dropping him altogether because of losing to randoms.

LakeEarth

The most annoying shit about facing randoms is when you pick a character you're really bad at for fun (or in my case, random), you keep facing 3000-4000+ players. When you get sick of losing, you go to your main, and of course you start getting people who suck.

TimeKillr

Axis said:
maeda!

for US/NA rogs i'd say JS master is probably the best i've seen

Yeah JS Master has a beastly Rog.

I can second that. He's also arguably within the top 2 players in Canada right now (it's basically a tie between him and Chi-Rithy).

jlai

Was playing on the peaceful jay stream last night as Makoto. Such an enjoyable character to play for myself and apparently the stream viewers.

All was well until I left in shame after totally missing a punish on Adon's ultra whiff. I blame it on being too late at night :(

Rice-Eater said:
LOL, I just tried Guy for the first time in a online match and got blown the fuck up by a 13k Abel. All I did was mash throw like my life depended on it. All that time in the training room didn't mean jack, I tried the target combo once and failed miserably. And hit confirms into LK Tatsu were out of the question since the guy blocked every close jab I threw at him.

Playing Guy was really scary, I felt like I went to a gun fight with a knife. I went looking for the guy to get revenge with Ryu or Ken because I felt I could beat him with my mains but his name never showed up again. But anyways, you guys were right about Guy. I think I'll stay away from randoms and only use him in GAF games to avoid raging or dropping him altogether because of losing to randoms.

Guy is hard to get used to. Even though I play him a lot, I still lose to scrubs i know I am better than just cuz of Guy's shortcomings.

Glix

USD said:
Wait a sec... What is Zangief's armor-breaker?

Well Lariat is actually better NOT breaking the armor. You end up hitting multiple times and doing MASSIVE damage.

EDIT - I've seen Fuerte's DEMOLISHED by this

Rice-Eater said:

I main shotos too and use Guy on the side and everytime its a uphill battle for Guy.

Always constantly trying to put pressure to get them to the corner is hard work.

USD

Cloudius12 said:
Fei-long has one beside perhaps his super?
First hit of Chicken Wing. Its usefulness is suspect though, especially on characters that lower and/or pull back their hitbox during the Focus charge (like Ryu). His Super (and UC1) don't armor break.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Screw you guys i MAIN Guy and deal with this shit all the time. Best advice i got for anyone is to get the ohter player to start blocking high during block strings..that means run overhead..which is a risk...or just plain ol overhead..from there you can go to bushin flip grab setups. Run slide combos are also good for untechable knockdowns to safe jump setups. learn low short x3 standing strongxxrun slide combo. Or just pick ryu..that'll work too

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
shinshoryuken said:
I main shotos too and use Guy on the side and everytime its a uphill battle for Guy.

Always constantly trying to put pressure to get them to the corner is hard work.

Have we fought before? You must be the guy that beat the crap out of me the other day. Shin Akuma SRK or something. On PSN.

Gr1mLock said:
Screw you guys i MAIN Guy and deal with this shit all the time. Best advice i got for anyone is to get the ohter player to start blocking high during block strings..that means run overhead..which is a risk...or just plain ol overhead..from there you can go to bushin flip grab setups. Run slide combos are also good for untechable knockdowns to safe jump setups. learn low short x3 standing strongxxrun slide combo. Or just pick ryu..that'll work too

Yup thats the easiest solution!

Gr1mLock said:

I used to be a Chun and Cammy player who was learning Guy on the side. But I think Guy is officially my main now. He's so fun to use despite the shitload of bad matchups.

I overuse his cr.jab or short strongxxrun slide combos a lot because it's an easy safe jump setup to continue pressure. I run into a lot of people online who don't block and mash reversals who fall for it and then I rape em with mixups in the corner. Ideally.

Normals-only Fei Long Instant Replay of the Day: You Must Be Like Water

dscf3076nutl.gif

Gr1mLock said:

kind of funny how the pro-guy sentiment quickly turned negative.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, no one is playing Team Battle via Arcade Request.

SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom