• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little interested in seeing DSP try to compete at EVO 2011. Hilarious how he takes a jab at Vangief. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to rile up the crowd and get that traffic... /shrug

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Don't a lot of pro players also have full time jobs they have to juggle as well as participating in tourneys?

It's going to be interesting when/if DSP starts showing up at tourneys because people will be gunning for him hard.

the_log_ride said:
I'm a little interested in seeing DSP try to compete at EVO 2011. Hilarious how he takes a jab at Vangief. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to rile up the crowd and get that traffic... /shrug

it's obviously working

kitzkozan

haunts said:
If DSP hasn't been playing much hes got a lot of catching up to do. I'm still blown away how much the level of play progresses month by month.

Agreed,the SFIV serie has come a long freaking way. :D Despite the lower damage in super,you can see how it's been improved over vanilla by managing the ultra setup/offensive option of all characters.Can't believe that a couple of great player managed to make Balrog entertaining to watch...

Never expected IV to be this entertaining to watch,but it's definitively going to be even better in AE.Sorry to say,but it's just going to be better to both watch and play when some of the stronger character will possibly be Makoto,Dudley,Juri?,Hakan?,Yun & Yang,Ken,Gouken,Dee Jay,Guy,etc.Love the charge characters,but they aren't the most exciting now and weren't before.

AE should strike a nice balance between charge and motion characters along the upper tier.Vanilla had most charge characters being mediocre or gutter trash tier,but they seems to dominate super (although they are still fair).AE will surely be a mix of motion/charge at the top,although tiers will be even more compressed.

Threi said:
man i shouldn't have watched my old vids....

most depressing thing ever. Watching myself play this char for not even a week and i had links down, proper defence, mixups, ACTUALLY TECHING THROWS! .I used the right moves at the right time...had someone shown this to me i would have said "damn that deejay is really solid, doesn't always do max damage but good fundamentals. I need to step my game up". But it was me from week fucking one. Now im sitting here wondering "where the hell did I go wrong".

Im gunna delete those damn videos :lol
I know how you feel. My day 2 Adon is better than my day x anyone :lol

USD

Uryo using Sakura instead of Viper against Zangief? Of course he can switch if things go bad, but still, wow. :lol

USD

Brobzoid said:
nooooooo... justin.tv :c
You don't have to worry about the international limit for Spooky's channel, so everything should work just as well (better actually) than on Ustream.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
man i shouldn't have watched my old vids....

most depressing thing ever. Watching myself play this char for not even a week and i had links down, proper defence, mixups, ACTUALLY TECHING THROWS! .I used the right moves at the right time...had someone shown this to me i would have said "damn that deejay is really solid, doesn't always do max damage but good fundamentals. I need to step my game up". But it was me from week fucking one. Now im sitting here wondering "where the hell did I go wrong".

Im gunna delete those damn videos :lol

You're free Threi.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
USD said:
You don't have to worry about the international limit for Spooky's channel, so everything should work just as well (better actually) than on Ustream.
Is it possible to turn down the quality of the stream on the user end on justin.tv? Shit usually lags like crazy for me and when I watch Giantbomb's justin.tv I sometimes get a prompt to downgrade the quality which helps a bit.

Rice-Eater and Kadey and you guys finding out what fighting game characters share your birthday... Is there like some kind of compendium with birthdays I could look at and see if I share any? Google failed me.

Cromulent_Word said:
i think ice0age is the highest BP boxer in jpn. 0shinakuma0's youtube channel has TONS of his mathces.

He's actually a Singaporean player, better known as RChan. He's gone to Japan for SBO a number of times. There is footage of him playing against Japanese and American players on youtube. There community is tiny, but from the looks of it they have some really high level players despite that.

Rice-Eater said:
He's actually a Singaporean player, better known as RChan. He's gone to Japan for SBO a number of times. There is footage of him playing against Japanese and American players on youtube. There community is tiny, but from the looks of it they have some really high level players despite that.
That's really awesome. What's with killer Boxers coming out of small communities?

Okay, it's just PRRog and this dude I can think of, but still.

SmokeMaxX

I don't know how big the Canadian community is, but JS Masters seemed to come out of nowhere (for those that don't keep up with the Canadian fighting scene).

Also, anyone know if T Srai is someone famous?

_dementia said:
Does anyone know if ice0age is a tournament player. Someone like Pamyu or Taison maybe?
I miss those guys. :(

Although Ice has been filling that void in the meanwhile with his balls to the wall playstyle.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
That's really awesome. What's with killer Boxers coming out of small communities?

Okay, it's just PRRog and this dude I can think of, but still.

JS Master from Canada ;)

There are a LOT of good Rogs all over the world. Don't forget Zak from the UK either.

LakeEarth

SmokeMaxX said:
I don't know how big the Canadian community is, but JS Masters seemed to come out of nowhere (for those that don't keep up with the Canadian fighting scene).
He was at Evolution, but I don't know if he made it out of pools or not.

Imm0rt4l

I wonder how many days worth of sf4/ssf4 videos I've watched be it through streams or youtube. Maybe it's best that I don't know.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Cromulent_Word said:

Got dayum.

I've never even thought about putting together some of those links, only piece by piece, and he does them combined in an actual match.

ExMachina said:
Vangief on DSP's comments:

"I have no idea who that is."
:lol

http://shoryuken.com/content/wakeup-shoryuken-e042-norcal-robot-2619/

Damn straight Vangief, the guy's a nobody who talked trash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DSP isn't a "nobody", unless you consider a United States SF Turbo champion a nobody.

Just started watching Uryo versus Zangitan.

Uryo is playing the match way too recklessly in the first two sets, but Zangitan wasn't punishing with ex green hand for some reason, so he lucked about a bit there. But then the ex green hands started to come.
And I don't like how he would hadoken then dash forward when gief jumps from full screen, because Sakura can fierce dp from full screen as an anti-air.

Brobzoid

just got word that my (walmart) stick is waiting at my brothers' place along with my xbox. can't wait for the christmas break! unf unf unf unf unf!! :D

dragonballjoseph said:
Just started watching Uryo versus Zangitan.

Uryo is playing the match way too recklessly in the first two sets, but Zangitan wasn't punishing with ex green hand for some reason, so he lucked about a bit there. But then the ex green hands started to come.
And I don't like how he would hadoken then dash forward when gief jumps from full screen, because Sakura can fierce dp from full screen as an anti-air.

link plz?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Mmm loving all these master Balrogs. I try to model my game after them but am ultra aggressive to a fault.

Yoshichan said:
DSP isn't a "nobody", unless you consider a United States SF Turbo champion a nobody.

Don't tell me you're one of those idiots paying hundreds of dollars for a DSP stick.

Brobzoid

Protocol Snow said:
Don't tell me you're one of those idiots paying hundreds of dollars for a DSP stick.
yoshi's been jocking dsp's stick for quite a while now...

Yoshichan said:

Yea he is definitely amazing at sf2 but he shouldnt be talking shit to vangief for many reasons

A. He hasnt played or even talked to him in real life

B. He's not very good at sf4

C. He is an idiot if he thinks he is bad because he uses a pad.

Also heres a vid of dsp beating justin wong in sf2, but also look at the second highest rated comment on the vid. This is why i hate dsp fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POf_Y2fCcaA

Well obviously DSP was excited because he just found out he can play games for a living, and I think he said before that his beef with pad players was that there was some unfair advantage, not that Vangief isn't a strong player. Can't you do 360s on the stick and pad at the same time or something? I definitely doubt it was personal.

Either way, I doubt DSP will enter SF4 at evo, he'll probably just play Marvel and ST.

DSP was the one that kinda got me on SF4. His Character Madness showed me the basics of the game when I didn't have anyone else to play with locally. Plus his commentary during his online play sessions are hilarious.

gutabo

Yoshichan said:
Have you heard choi/valle or anyone else's opinion on that subject? The tourney was run on a console version, very different from the original arcade game. They say that DSP is not a bad player at all, but that that tourney would have been very different with an arcade version.

Oh yeah, I was away but now I'm back!(only if you noticed I was away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom