• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gutabo said:
Have you heard choi/valle or anyone else's opinion on that subject? The tourney was run on a console version, very different from the original arcade game. They say that DSP is not a bad player at all, but that that tourney would have been very different with an arcade version.

Oh yeah, I was away but now I'm back!(only if you noticed I was away)
Welcome back!

Your absence was noticed in the BBCS tourney thread

Someone who really knows, could you please answer this for me. This has been bugging me forever now and I can't take it anymore.

When I play Ryu and Ken, I almost always follow a jump in attack with cr. LK, cr. LP? If I land a jump in attack I pretty much press LP and LK one after another very quickly. If my jump in attack is blocked, I actually slow it down a bit, it's just a habit I've developed. The problem is, when I do this for Ryu, I almost always chain LK/LP together for a block string. When I do this with Ken, I get cr. LK followed by nothing. This happens to me maybe 30-40% of the time and that's driving me nuts.

I was fuming today because I screwed up the opportunity to punish so many times because someone blocked my jump in but weren't crouch blocking and all I did was punish with crouching short. So the question is, is there actually a timing difference between Ken and Ryu when it comes to chaining cr. LK into cr. LP because it can't just be a coincidence that this only happens to me when I'm playing Ken.

Has DSP ever won a tournament @ Evo? I hear about his Evo East victory but other than that and some youtube videos, it seems like the guy is exalted.

J.Wong is good in MVC2, SFIV, ST, TS, KOF, Garou, etc. Yet, he gets hated on.

I'm happy he's got a site now and has his legion of youtube followers. I just don't think it was cool to talk smack about Vance.

I hope he can realize his dream about being a top player in MK9 and MVC3. But if he's not going to tournaments, it's going to hurt him.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
15 days until AE drops.
Anyone know which U.S. arcades are getting the game?

Sunnyvale GolfLand (NorCal)
San Francisco State University (NorCal)
SJSU (?) (NorCal)
Arcade infinity (?) (SoCal)
Game Galaxy (TN)
ArcadeUFO (TX)
CTF (?) (NYC)

haunts said:
SJSU (?) (NorCal)
Game Galaxy (TN)
ArcadeUFO (TX)
CTF (?) (NYC)
Whoa, thanks a lot Haunts. Stay godlike.
Lines are going to be atrocious.

Rice-Eater said:
Return of Lordaborigine? If not him then someone has to feed our need for high level Japanese play.
YES! XBL replays were alright and all, but I miss that link play footage.

haunts said:
SJSU (?) (NorCal)
Game Galaxy (TN)
ArcadeUFO (TX)
CTF (?) (NYC)

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! That place is gonna be a mad house if they get one

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
Rice-Eater and Kadey and you guys finding out what fighting game characters share your birthday... Is there like some kind of compendium with birthdays I could look at and see if I share any? Google failed me.

I remember mine because SFII for the SNES had character profiles, (birthdate, age, blood type, likes/dislikes, etc) when you don't press anything after a while on the title screen. I think I remember Ryu liking sushi too as one of this likes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice-Eater said:
Someone who really knows, could you please answer this for me. This has been bugging me forever now and I can't take it anymore.

When I play Ryu and Ken, I almost always follow a jump in attack with cr. LK, cr. LP? If I land a jump in attack I pretty much press LP and LK one after another very quickly. If my jump in attack is blocked, I actually slow it down a bit, it's just a habit I've developed. The problem is, when I do this for Ryu, I almost always chain LK/LP together for a block string. When I do this with Ken, I get cr. LK followed by nothing. This happens to me maybe 30-40% of the time and that's driving me nuts.

I was fuming today because I screwed up the opportunity to punish so many times because someone blocked my jump in but weren't crouch blocking and all I did was punish with crouching short. So the question is, is there actually a timing difference between Ken and Ryu when it comes to chaining cr. LK into cr. LP because it can't just be a coincidence that this only happens to me when I'm playing Ken.

I actually find Ken's links easier than Ryu. I don't play them the same way so. I think with Ken's stuff you have to do them immediately fast one after another while with Ryu's stuff you have to actually time them.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yeah the locations with question marks I'm just assuming they are getting it. It would be odd if they didnt but its not 100%. The other, I've gotten 100% confirmation. I'll also be grabbing footage from the NorCal spots soon as it drops.

That is if people can kick me off the cab cuz my makoto is the best mayne I deed it.

haunts said:
Yeah the locations with question marks I'm just assuming they are getting it. It would be odd if they didnt but its not 100%. The other, I've gotten 100% confirmation. I'll also be grabbing footage from the NorCal spots soon as it drops.

That is if people can kick me off the cab cuz my makoto is the best mayne I deed it.
If Eli Porter is half as good on the sticks as he is on the mic, we'd have to crown a new EVO champion for sure.

Looking forward to the footage, haunts!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
If Eli Porter is half as good on the sticks as he is on the mic, we'd have to crown a new EVO champion for sure.

Looking forward to the footage, haunts!

yeah imma see if they let me get my stream on at SFSU but I dunno if they will.

Protocol Snow said:
Don't tell me you're one of those idiots paying hundreds of dollars for a DSP stick.

Don't you follow his cooking series?

Hate or not, I don't know why you guys give DSP the time of day. That's the reason why he's so successful.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Spiderjericho said:
I live in California...but in the middle of the Mojave Desert. Do you hate me too? Because if you're a city slicker, I hate you more.

Louisville.

But I lived in rural KY for like 20 years so it's coo'.

vulva

wait, why do you hate people in cali and NY? I'm in Toronto, we have a thriving scene and an arcade getting AE. Is that envy worthy?

vulva

haunts said:
oh yeah fuckin, Toronto is getting 8 AE CABS!!!! EIGHT!!! what the fuck. canadian mafia comin up.
wait we are? I only knew about the one going at getty. TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW HAUNTS

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
the_log_ride said:
It's anybody's guess at this point. My optimistic guess is February 2011

They have to release it before MVC3, or waaaay after. I don't think they'd want to segregate sales from a new fighting game by updating an old one around the same time.

vulva

alright, got the update on the 8 cab rumour. 8 head to head, so 4 stations. All taking the front row of our only good arcade left. Only problem is the source of the rumour is a white guy who talked to the boss at that arcade, and the dude who runs the arcade's english is pretty weak. So there's rumour for error but seems legit thusfar

LeMaximilian said:
They have to release it before MVC3, or waaaay after. I don't think they'd want to segregate sales from a new fighting game by updating an old one around the same time.

Whoops forgot about MvC3. What're the odds that Capcom can fast track something to drop before then?

Happy Phantom said:
alright, got the update on the 8 cab rumour. 8 head to head, so 4 stations. All taking the front row of our only good arcade left. Only problem is the source of the rumour is a white guy who talked to the boss at that arcade, and the dude who runs the arcade's english is pretty weak. So there's rumour for error but seems legit thusfar

They gonna charge like $1 a game I assume?

hitsugi

LeMaximilian said:
Expect May-June release for consoles. No reason to release it earlier; japans making their money and we'll be buying costumes or MVC3.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
hitsugi said:
Expect May-June release for consoles. No reason to release it earlier; japans making their money and we'll be buying costumes or MVC3.

No reason...besides Evo. Smart move giving the Japanese a seven month head start on the US while US players get maybe two months?

kitzkozan

hitsugi said:

April seems more likely than May-June.A 7 months head start for Japan would really stink,especially since the US has considerably closed the gap and is now a very strong SF country. :(

vulva

ThatCrazyGuy said:
They gonna charge like $1 a game I assume?
atm it's been 50 cents for vanilla, but I imagine they'll charge $1 for a few months. They'll be able to justify it due to the high interest and return on the costs of the cabs

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Happy Phantom said:
atm it's been 50 cents for vanilla, but I imagine they'll charge $1 for a few months. They'll be able to justify it due to the high interest and return on the costs of the cabs

Let's make a few $3 - $5 per play. AE, high rollers only. You wanna get good? Invest mothafucka.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yoshichan said:
DSP isn't a "nobody", unless you consider a United States SF Turbo champion a nobody.

I know you've been loving and defending this guy for the past year or so, but he has no right or merit to diss Vangief - he doesn't trash talk, insult others, or even get salty when he loses - not to mention he's sick as a Gief player - I don't even think I've ever heard the guy speak once.

Unless you think that was alright for him to diss him JUST because he plays Gief on a pad.

Skilotonn said:
I know you've been loving and defending this guy for the past year or so, but he has no right or merit to diss Vangief - he doesn't trash talk, insult others, or even get salty when he loses - not to mention he's sick as a Gief player - I don't even think I've ever heard the guy speak once.

Unless you think that was alright for him to diss him JUST because he plays Gief on a pad.

My only thing is to call him a U.S. SF Turbo champion. That title would most likely go to Tomo Ohiro, Mike Watson, etc.

And the dude is not even dominant in ST. How come he never shows up for the East Coast HDR tournaments? How come he didn't go to Season Beatings and play in the high-roller tournament?

And then to stick his nose up at someone, just because they use pad is tired now. We all know Inthul, Wolfkrone, Vangief, etc are all sick as pad players.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
My only thing is to call him a U.S. SF Turbo champion. That title would most likely go to Tomo Ohiro, Mike Watson, etc.

And the dude is not even dominant in ST. How come he never shows up for the East Coast HDR tournaments? How come he didn't go to Season Beatings and play in the high-roller tournament?

And then to stick his nose up at someone, just because they use pad is tired now. We all know Inthul, Wolfkrone, Vangief, etc are all sick as pad players.

to be fair(i hate dsp) st =/= HDR

he does show up to some ST tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom