• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Threi said:
Decided to not get salty at all, just play with a cheerful mood.

wound up losing another 200PP, continued my losing streak from yesterday and now im 1000PP down from my peak. About 800BP down as well (didn't even know that was possible)

Not really mad, just...confused. Is it normal to be so wildly inconsistent?
I was the same way a few days ago, I even dipped below 2400, the worst since I crossed that threshold when the game came out! I had to force myself to get over 2700bp just to feel better.

Threi said:
Decided to not get salty at all, just play with a cheerful mood.

wound up losing another 200PP, continued my losing streak from yesterday and now im 1000PP down from my peak. About 800BP down as well (didn't even know that was possible)

Not really mad, just...confused. Is it normal to be so wildly inconsistent?

Online play, man. Don't take that shit to heart.

Threi

notag
well i mean i've won 8 of my last 30 games...from my last post i lost another 200PP :lol

shit ain't goin well at all.

here's the thing though...i'm in a good mood today :lol

Speaking of alt characters, I don't feel like I'm making much progress with Fei Long. With Dudley I feel like I'm always learning new tricks and setups, but that doesn't really happen with Fei. I just measure distances and work on my reaction time.

I've actually been playing a lot of Sagat lately for some reason. He's pretty fun to use as a side character while I decide whether Gen is worth pursuing. Gen takes a hell of a lot of focus to use well. Crazy potential, and his damage is like a soft rain turned into a lightning bolt once he has meter. Stance cancels will really destroy fireballs if I could get the timing down, too.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
Pick up an alt character or play player matches
You know back in vanilla I pretty much used every charge char as alts (except chun and blanka)...now with super i can't pick up any other charge chars. They all pretty much are disgusting to use, and since i put so much effort into Deejay i completely forgot how to play any of them at even the most basic level.

So i just stick with deejay.

I love DSP's playthroughs, they can be some funny shit. I buy and sell a lot of games online, so they help me decide when I'm on the fence.

Can't wait for him to get his ass handed to him by a pad player. The EVO staff will probably pin him against Vangief in the first round.

played my newegg tourney match today and lost to one of codies worst matchups, honda

dat jumpin strong, dat damage, and dat wakeup ex headbutt

it was really close though, at least it was free to enter lol

I'm glad DSP has fans, which have allowed him to sort of take off from work and play games for a living. But...Vangief is awesome. And he's awesome because he got involved with the local community in NorCal. He obviously put in a lot of time in the lab, online, local and researching instead of posting videos on youtube.

http://www.thekingofhate.com/

Not a bad site. Kind of reminds me of giantbomb.

What's with all the vanilla footage in the comeback video?

And I don't know what's up with the newegg thing, I'm registered but I'm not on any of the ladders.

Threi

notag
ggs kak and dbj, served me another 16 straight losses on top of my losses today, but at least it wasn't in ranked mode.

There's always tomorrow...i said that yesterday but gotta keep optimistic :D

God's Beard said:
What's with all the vanilla footage in the comeback video?

And I don't know what's up with the newegg thing, I'm registered but I'm not on any of the ladders.
I think you got
cork
screwed. That happen to me in the previous wanfest sfiv tourney.

Threi

notag
man i shouldn't have watched my old vids....

most depressing thing ever. Watching myself play this char for not even a week and i had links down, proper defence, mixups, ACTUALLY TECHING THROWS! .I used the right moves at the right time...had someone shown this to me i would have said "damn that deejay is really solid, doesn't always do max damage but good fundamentals. I need to step my game up". But it was me from week fucking one. Now im sitting here wondering "where the hell did I go wrong".

Im gunna delete those damn videos :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
If DSP hasn't been playing much hes got a lot of catching up to do. I'm still blown away how much the level of play progresses month by month.

haunts said:
If DSP hasn't been playing much hes got a lot of catching up to do. I'm still blown away how much the level of play progresses month by month.

Honest question, because I remember when you were a regular competitor with Sagat, but do you ever imagine yourself catching up with the current heads of norcal? Do you want to?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DryEyeRelief said:
Honest question, because I remember when you were a regular competitor with Sagat, but do you ever imagine yourself catching up with the current heads of norcal? Do you want to?

Yeah I mean I'd love to play more and go to tournaments, and do well, but I just have too much on my shoulders to devote that kind of time to practicing. It's like, if I'm playing, who's running the stream? :lol

Sounds like a weak excuse but I really only have limited time to play these days. That, and NorCal really is retarded good in regards to over all skill level. There are a ton of cats here who are really awesome who honestly dont get the exposure they deserve.

I've kinda had my time in spotlight, I enjoy running the stream and promoting the scene these days I guess.

edit: I am gonna try to put a lot of work into Makoto though. I think she fits my play style better.

Uggh, getting threi'd tonight on ranked. I kid you not, fought 4 Guiles in a row. And some unofficial Bison pressure. Getting hit by the same Rog headbutt anti air 4 times without learning means I'm too tired for street fighter right now.

hitsugi

SephirothRK said:
0.0 wow, that is fast, I need to look at inputs and try it myself

it's no quicker than the usual cancel to link it after a fierce or c.strong, but the ability to do that input on reaction and not get hit in the face is something else

Threi

notag
I have a new theory about SSF4. Anyone who sticks to one char and one char alone is usually far more miserable than people who at least have one alt.

biosnake20 said:
You think thats bad? i lost 4 matches in a row today, each time by a wake up ultra
well...

nah no need to bring more of it up :lol

God's Beard said:
Uggh, getting threi'd tonight on ranked. I kid you not, fought 4 Guiles in a row. And some unofficial Bison pressure. Getting hit by the same Rog headbutt anti air 4 times without learning means I'm too tired for street fighter right now.

You think thats bad? i lost 4 matches in a row today, each time by a wake up ultra

Threi said:
I have a new theory about SSF4. Anyone who sticks to one char and one char alone is usually far more miserable than people who at least have one alt.

in your position, i would take a breather from the game...and come back when AE is available.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DSP deserves some props if he's actually able to make a living uploading videos to YouTube.

lol at him talking trash about Vangief though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think I might be able to beat Valle in a Ryu mirror, now. I've been leveling up secretly the past couple weeks.

-Timedog
akvk8x.jpg

Satyamdas

Banned
haunts said:
lamerboi is the biggest stream monster ever.
Lamer is a certified stream diva now man, dude won't even play a match any more unless it's being streamed somewhere. And I swear Lamer and Grimmmz have the weirdest like mating rituals when they are in the same lobby, shit is bizarre. <3 Grimmmz & Lamer though <3

Not Street Fighter related but I just found out today that I share the same birthday as Terry Bogard, MIND BLOWN. From now on I want to be referred as "The Legendary Rice Eating Wolf".

haunts

Bacon of Hope
beat a 10k bp sagat and a GUILE with my makoto tonight.

best night ever. lol

edit: i just lost to rog, i hate my life.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice-Eater said:
Not Street Fighter related but I just found out today that I share the same birthday as Terry Bogard, MIND BLOWN. From now on I want to be referred as "The Legendary Rice Eating Wolf".

Ryu is a day before mine. So easy to remember. :D

Scrubs tourney is finally at Grand Finals! Captmcblack vs Eissan. Blanka vs Ryu. Time to make some bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom