• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

FindMyFarms said:
So don't jump in? If gief knocks you down with ex green hand, he gets the exact same set up as a +1 on hit but better(just don't jump) since he can time the meaty and doesn't need the frame perfect timing that +1 demands. He can still do a 50/50 where he's right next to you, Except he also has a billion other options on top of that.

His matchup against every other character will change since he won't have the same mixup game that he used to.

I understand that, but the immediacy of the 50/50 just seem a lot more threatening. At least a knocked down player gets a chance to think and you can get an opportunity to prepare yourself where the new green hand is way more likely to catch someone too hesitant to make a move.

simtmb

_dementia said:
I'm kinda sad Akuma's UC2 will become more viable meaning more people will use it now. I eventually got used to all of Spin Fighter IV's ultra animations except that one. It just looks too silly.

Yep...it's so bad that i wonder why they don't change it or even make a moonwalk raging demon or something. His UC2 just looks so bad.

Wiseblade said:
I understand that, but the immediacy of the 50/50 just seem a lot more threatening. At least a knocked down player gets a chance to think and you can get an opportunity to prepare yourself where the new green hand is way more likely to catch someone too hesitant to make a move.

Ahh i see what you're getting at, i'm sure after a while though people will get used to it and not feel immediately threatened.

I think the only positive tradeoff that non-knockown ex green hand gets is that if you land it on a character that needs charge to escape and you can't safe jump (like blanka), they won't have it yet in time for the mixup.

LakeEarth

I see EX greenhand mixups being good for some characters, but a nerf for others, especially charge characters. I can see myself EX headbutting with Honda after the greenhand everytime, especially if Gief is out of meter.

Chavelo

/checks calendar

WHOA, it's not April...

Team Spooky X IPW... Awesome sauce.

Will there be a IPW X Team Spooky version? Tune in tomorrow, folks!

h3ro

Spooky x IPW! Awesome! Congrats to both parties.

Hmm... Imagine Spooky running a tourney in NY, while Haunts ran one in Cali. Top East/West coast players in their own tournament against peers on their own coasts followed by a Semi-final and Grand final via online, East v. West. :D

Damn our crappy internet. Something like that would be fantastic if we could have the right connection speed.

I'd like to be able to use Gen more than any other character because he looks so cool in motion, but it's such a high execution thing and he has so many moves that I don't know where to start. I really do think he has the potential to be the strongest character in the game.

USD

Some news from the BBC×NSB qualifier. In Block A, Eita has been dropped from the tournament because of health issues, while last week, Gamerbee was dropped from Block B because of lag issues. Each block now has only 3 players, which basically cuts the number of block matches in half. Looks like we might only get a single match per week.

This week's match is Uryo VS Zangi-tan, at 8 AM EST tomorrow. Streaming on NSB TV (which starts at 7 AM) and re-streamed (with English commentary) by Team Spooky.

The updated blocks:

Block A
Uryo
Zangi-tan
Haneyama

Block B
Kindevu
Momochi
Sako

Also, looking forward to the iPlayWinner×Team Spooky collabo.

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Gief already had that, ex green hands knocks them down right next to you. Except he could also decide do go for a 4 way ambiguous jump in if he wanted (normal or short jump, splash or d. lk) or if he wanted go for a meaty setup, he had a billion things he could do off a ex greenhand knockdown. P

But yeah, block/jump away 50/50 was already there, except you could time it even better(since anything you can do at+1, you can do even better with a knockdown where you're right next to them) Taking out knockdown just eliminates his other setups/options.

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

giefs okizeme game was fucking ridiculous.

Damn, Yang sounds like a lot of fun to play.

And thanks regarding the 'Gief changes from Vanilla to Super. I did recall he took a bit of a damage nerf. Time to start a count down for AE!

Still has solid footsies but not a good Makoto player. But if he were to play for another week or two constant, it would be as good as his Guile.

Congratulations on the IPW/Team Spooky combo. It looks like the west and east or on lock.

And I like Yang, so I'll definitely be joining the army.

kitzkozan

As much as I like Ryu since I started SF II with him,it's going to be good for online play to see less of him.Beware of the Ken & Akuma armies however,or even worse if evil Ryu or Oni Akuma are playable. :lol

I really hope Gouken end up high in the tier list,since he's a different kind of shoto that's got a lot of potential at high level of play to put on entertaining match.Even better if we see a lot of Makoto,Dudley,Ibuki,Yung & Yang in tournaments (which will probably happen).

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Team Spooky and IPW team up? Amazing news...it's as if I witnessed two hot chicks make out and than fu...

Well you get the picture.

BTW, Haunts what happened to KS2 streams? Do you guys have another weekly stream now with darry and mag on the mic? If so please do tell. :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
GeoNeo,

The weekly KS2 streams dont go down anymore -- cant get into the details -- but KS2 throws larger events, more to come in 2011, which will have the same vibe.

Magus and I hold it down at Starbase on Wednesdays which really is a lot like what KS2 streams was if you havent check it out yet, though it usually dosent get too wild until like 11PM PST, which is kinda late for some folks.

Aeris130 said:
Hopefully Makoto replaces ryu online, her mirror is so much fun.

At least in my playing she's already quite popular online. I think I run into her about as much as anyone else after the main Shoto crew of Ryu, Ken and Akuma. New schoolgirl alt outfit doesn't seem to have hurt her popularity either.

XenoRaven

LakeEarth said:
Well if he's like his 3s interaction, he'll have good combos and pressure ability, but never do huge damage and have lower health.
Didn't ex slashes do like a ton of damage in 3S? Maybe that's like the only thing he had that did a lot?

LakeEarth

XenoRaven said:
Didn't ex slashes do like a ton of damage in 3S? Maybe that's like the only thing he had that did a lot?
Exactly. Most players picked super 2 not because of the super (it didn't do much damage) but because it stored the most amount of meter for EX slashes.

Wiseblade

Team Spooky and iplaywinner? Chances are the EU will block it on anti-monopoly grounds; no way it's legal to have that much awesome in one place.

_dementia said:
I'm kinda sad Akuma's UC2 will become more viable meaning more people will use it now. I eventually got used to all of Spin Fighter IV's ultra animations except that one. It just looks too silly.

akuma-o.gif

Threi

notag
Decided to not get salty at all, just play with a cheerful mood.

wound up losing another 200PP, continued my losing streak from yesterday and now im 1000PP down from my peak. About 800BP down as well (didn't even know that was possible)

Not really mad, just...confused. Is it normal to be so wildly inconsistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom