• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caj814

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/trailer.html
3FUxO.jpg

you can see some sick new links with cammy, better ex tatsu with gouken, faster u2 with makoto, far standing strong link with ryu, and a bunch of other stuff. Love the smell of changes, and i cant believe evil ryu and shin akuma are in the game.

Deejay can finally link low short into upkicks. Gouken has EX Hurricane for anti-air. Ryu combo off far standing strong. Cammy combo off far standing fierce. Makoto with a faster U2. Gen chain combo into waterfall kicks. Hakan can cancel out of EX Oil.

_Xenon_

Banned
Probably CPU only challenge characters. Can't image how they can fit into normal VS mode.

And that basically confirms the leaked achievements are real.

Hmmmmmmmm, I'm not really bothered by the addition of Evil Ryu & Shin/Oni Akuma, but I really hope that they aren't the only new characters with Yun & Yang.

The fact that the leaked achievements list didn't feature any other characters has me a bit concerned though. :/

Ono's always trolling though.
_Xenon_ said:
Probably CPU only challenge characters. Can't image how they can fit into normal VS mode.

And that basically confirms the leaked achievements are real.
If the leaked achievements are real, they they are also playable.

Rocwell

Gunloc said:
Hmmmmmmmm, I'm not really bothered by the addition of Evil Ryu & Shin/Oni Akuma, but I really hope that they aren't the only new characters with Yun & Yang.

The fact that the leaked achievements list didn't feature any other characters has me a bit concerned though. :/
I think Yun/Yang and Evil Ryu/Extra Evil Akuma are all we're going to get out of AE at this point. It comes out in arcades in less than 2 weeks (one week?) and they probably would have revealed the other characters before these "secret characters" if there were any in the pipeline. Wish they would have spent their time on 2 other characters instead of E.Ryu/Onikuma though :\ Not looking forward to the inevitable glut of them online if they are indeed playable.

Satyamdas

Banned
Mmmm, love me some Capcom trailer action. I swear they have trailer-making down to a science. So I guess there'll be one more showing Evil Ryu & Akuma?

Ugh, yo I need this crack NOW Capcom. :(
OrKNd.jpg

Mœbius

I've never really dealt with / played as evil variants of characters in the past so can someone please explain to me how it works?

I mean, assuming they are playable, and also assuming they are more powerful - don't they essentially make the standard versions redundant (i.e. why choose standard Akuma if you can beast with Oni Akuma)? Is it simply a case of the evil versions having less HP?

Confirmed: Evil Ryu is either my new main or one of my secondary characters.

I expect them to follow Alpha 3 Evil Ryu, but I'm hoping they change it up a bit for SSF4 AE. Instead of making him resemble Akuma more, I'm hoping he's a mix of both. For example, make his normals more like Ryu. So he can chain/link all his normals like regular Ryu can but his specials will work like Akuma's. 3 hit dragon, 3 hit tatsu, and so on. He gets a teleport, but no demon flip or red fireball so he can't vortex like Akuma can. Faster walk speed and 950 health since his gains over regular Ryu isn't that great.

Super will be Shinkuu Hadoken or Messatsu Gou Shouryuu, so it's either a more damaging hit confirm/punish or one that's at least safe on block. Personally I'll take another shinkuu hadoken over another shoryu reppa. Ultras will be Raging Demon and Shinkuu Tatsu. He has to have to demon so that's a given. And I figured they could probably do something more cinematic with his Shinkuu tatsu as a Ultra so I figure that'll be the 2nd choice. And he can SRK, FADC, Shinkuu Tatsu(partial ultra) for about 400 damage.

Well that's it, hopefully that's Evil Ryu in AE. A little better then regular Ryu, but not overpowered. But even with this scenario, it will practically make regular Ryu obsolete. Which I'm fine with since they keep nerfing him, Evil Ryu could at least start out strong and stay that way for a little while.

simtmb said:
Daigo and Tokido had a 100-game set on rank...:lol

Front page of shoryuken.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpotATrain#p/u/19/hkz70arNdtM

I can't wait to see the run back with Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma :lol

simtmb

Rice-Eater said:
I can't wait to see the run back with Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma :lol

:lol Another 100 match set!

02_evilchars02.jpg

Maybe more characters. Good image though, here's hoping we get a good look at them in the coming week or so.

_Xenon_

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
Ono's always trolling though.

If the leaked achievements are real, they they are also playable.
Which one indicates they are playable? All I can find is either 'beat me in hardest arcade mode' or 'beat arcade mode without using continue'. They are probably like Kuroko in samurai shodown 2 (arcade mode challange character or instant game over after one fight in vs mode).

C-Jo

Not a fan of the evil/shin version crap at all. And what, Ryu and Akuma weren't good enough already?

Signed,

Salty Ken fan.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I asked for Evil Ryu before Super even came out and it's coming true. :lol

Yeah, at this point even I think Capcom is going overboard. Five different shotos are good enough already. Waste of character slots. If anything they should be alternate characters you can choose by holding select on original character slots. Bring in original characters or the dozens of characters in the series.

_Xenon_

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
4 of the achievements say to beat arcade mode on medium or high difficulty without continuing. One for Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Shin Akuma.
So that's why those 4 achievements have the same function. I thought those 4 different discribtions were just for testing. Still it doesn't say much about vs mode. Overpowered characters being only unlockable in arcade mode seems reasonable for me.

Kadey said:
So I asked for Evil Ryu before Super even came out and it's coming true. :lol

Yeah, at this point even I think Capcom is going overboard. Five different shotos are good enough already. Waste of character slots. If anything they should be alternate characters you can choose by holding select on original character slots. Bring in original characters or the dozens of characters in the series.

What I'm guessing is this, you can either have Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma or no one else at all. They're just pallet swaps with some rebalancing. Adding these two didn't prevent any new characters from being added because they were a quick job that didn't take nearly as much resource as it did to add Yun and Yang for example.

simtmb

Rice-Eater said:
What I'm guessing is this, you can either have Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma or no one else at all. They're just pallet swaps with some rebalancing. Adding these two didn't prevent any new characters from being added because they were a quick job that didn't take nearly as much resource as it did to add Yun and Yang for example.

This would be good. Personally, even though i don't use shotos, I'm not on the hate train in regards to them. I love most of the characters, if not all. I'm not thinking on the lines of this or that being a waste of a character slot, i just love the fact we're getting more characters, not my ideal characters sure, but more the better i say.

Actually, Ken is my most hated character if i think about it, his iteration in SF4 only. Looks annoying and sounds equally annoying in both English and Japanese. :lol xD

vulva

sorry it was so brief but good games tonight rice-eater, rocwell and eraldo. My roommate wanted to watch always sunny with me and I was wasting time online til she was ready ;(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey,

NEC will be happening in your hood. THIS WEEKEND.

Show up. I'm sure everyone will be glad you stop by, even if only for a little while.

Everyone, stay tuned to a ton of coverage via iPlayWinner and Team Sp00ky all weekend.

For all the latest updates, please check http://iplaywinner.com !

See you guys on the stream! I'll be posting from NEC as well.

_Xenon_ said:
So that's why those 4 achievements have the same function. I thought those 4 different discribtions were just for testing. Still it doesn't say much about vs mode. Overpowered characters being only unlockable in arcade mode seems reasonable for me.
I think they'll be akin to Seth in arcade mode. Beastly, able to read you, and have more health for some reason. But I don't think they'll be overpowered and such.

ShinAmano

Just want to say all the new characters announced are rather lame. Yun and Yang were my least favorite (mostly) of Third Strike. Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu are waste of space characters that could have been better filled with someone else.

BitchTits

ShinAmano said:
Just want to say all the new characters announced are rather lame. Yun and Yang were my least favorite (mostly) of Third Strike. Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu are waste of space characters that could have been better filled with someone else.
I think it's more a case of adding in the Evil characters as a 'bonus' - they probably only had enough time/resources to add a couple of completely new characters.

I look forward to meeting a glut of annoying Evil Ryu/Shin Akuma players online. Who was it who said 12 year olds everywhere were rejoicing at their inclusion? That sounds about right! :lol

ShinAmano

BitchTits said:
I think it's more a case of adding in the Evil characters as a 'bonus' - they probably only had enough time/resources to add a couple of completely new characters.

I look forward to meeting a glut of annoying Evil Ryu/Shin Akuma players online. Who was it who said 12 year olds everywhere were rejoicing at their inclusion? That sounds about right! :lol
But they only added re-hash characters.

Don't get me wrong I will be happy with as many characters as they want to give, but the exclusion of most from the original rumored list pretty much sucks.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Told y'all, Ono couldn't even deny that shit, and it looked legit enough.

I just hope it comes soon, as whenever Achievements are released, it's about a 2-3 month-window for release, and on top of that, these were leaked so who knows how long they've been done for.

The Achievements don't indicate them as being playable, but I doubt they'd make whole new models and most-likely whole new Ultras for arcade mode only.

Trailer is loading sloooooooooow though.

LakeEarth

Trailer has no actual footage of Warrior Within Ryu and Warrior Within Akuma.
You BITCH!

Seriously, they kept talking about how they were "listening to the fans" for these new characters. I can't remember anyone wanting more shotos.
Rice-Eater said:
I'm 100% certain you're right. Yun and Yang also would take less resources than say Q and Elena because with Yun and Yang they could swap base models (they're twins after all) and re-use lots of the same animations (command grab, c.mk launcher).

dankir

So Akuma from Onimusha? lol They look pretty cool, hopefully they have different move sets and new ultras :)

I may have to get back into Super Street Fighter IV with this Arcade Edition update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom