• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Yo! Think we should have a new thread for NEC/Hadocon this weekend? I can throw something together since I just finished class...

USD

ExMachina said:
Yo! Think we should have a new thread for NEC/Hadocon this weekend? I can throw something together since I just finished class...
I'd say they're big enough to warrant a separate thread.

kitzkozan

LakeEarth said:
Trailer has no actual footage of Warrior Within Ryu and Warrior Within Akuma.
You BITCH!

Seriously, they kept talking about how they were "listening to the fans" for these new characters. I can't remember anyone wanting more shotos.

I'm 100% certain you're right. Yun and Yang also would take less resources than say Q and Elena because with Yun and Yang they could swap base models (they're twins after all) and re-use lots of the same animations (command grab, c.mk launcher).

I do remember the dev team answering questions about the inclusion of evil Ryu.Shotos are the most popular characters,both among the north american or japanese scrubs. :p

You will be seeing A LOT of evil Ryu/Oni Akuma online,unless they completely suck.

I'm not sure they were confirmed playable, but given their cameo in that trailer vid, it links back to those leaked achievements, which suggests that AE will be headed to consoles, and that they will be playable.

shEbV.png

I did a double-take when I saw this :lol

C-Jo said:
Not a fan of the evil/shin version crap at all. And what, Ryu and Akuma weren't good enough already?

Signed,

Salty Ken fan.

VIOLENT KEN FOR DLC!!!!!

Rocwell

So they nerfed Ryu's air tatsu escape but turn around and make a version with a teleport?

Fuck it, if they give Evil Ryu vanilla ryu's target combo, sweep and donkey kick from 3rd strike I'll jump on that bandwagon. :lol

No way in hell he'll have 950 health with all that plus a raging demon though, you crazy rice :lol

gutabo

I think it would be cool if both versions had more than 1 super/2 ultras and infinite meter. At least the AI versions. Or make shinkuu hadoken and shoryureppa ultra 3 and 4(with ultra startup animations but short frame startup like the super moves) and kongo kokuretsu zan ultra 5(again, AI versions). If they make them playable they should have 400HP and stun, lol. According to reports they(AI versions) still lose to mashed lariats, so no real issue there.

Rocwell said:
So they nerfed Ryu's air tatsu escape but turn around and make a version with a teleport?

Fuck it, if they give Evil Ryu vanilla ryu's target combo, sweep and donkey kick from 3rd strike I'll jump on that bandwagon. :lol

No way in hell he'll have 950 health with all that plus a raging demon though, you crazy rice :lol

Just watch it happen and then you'll never be able to bully me with Fei Long the way you did last night. NEVER AGAIN.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
bloody hell, can't they just release the consoleversion somewhat around the time of the arcade release? :IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

come on man....

come on.

Rocwell

Corky said:
bloody hell, can't they just release the consoleversion somewhat around the time of the arcade release? :IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

come on man....

come on.
Think calm thoughts Corky.

Serenity now. Calm blue ocean. Gooozefraba.

::Edit::

Also, not sure if anyone pointed this out already but it looks like they'll be adding some new features to online based on the achievements.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ents-super-street-fighter-4-xbox-360-image-7/

According to this there will be a feature to "follow" players on the leaderboards which I assume will allow you to download their replays.

Rocwell said:
Also, not sure if anyone pointed this out already but it looks like they'll be adding some new features to online based on the achievements.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ents-super-street-fighter-4-xbox-360-image-7/

According to this there will be a feature to "follow" players on the leaderboards which I assume will allow you to download their replays.
gameinn is going to have like a hojillion followers.

Following huh, SF going Social Network? So when do they announce the "like" button?

hitsugi

Gameinns followers will be in for a surprise when they see that daigo has returned to arcades... Along with most of Japan's top players

Leunam

hitsugi said:
Gameinns followers will be in for a surprise when they see that daigo has returned to arcades... Along with most of Japan's top players

I was about to make a comment about big hitters like Shiro coming back to the top, but then I remembered that Shiro started playing less and less SF4 before SSF4 hit, so who knows if he'll be back for sure. I'm pretty sure he was at the last SBO, though.

...I jimp'd a little when i saw st mp, far st hp, spike :D

But Evil Kidz are kinda dumb, gimme some more unique characters please.

They can at least redeem Shin Akuma by giving him KKZ :D Let him THROW IT ON THE GROUND

Bleepey

Spiderjericho said:
I can't remember. And back then, when you had strategy guides, they didn't give hit point, damage, frame data like they do now. I'm sure it's somewhere on the indanet.

Honestly, in Alpha 2 and 3, he sucked. Alpha 2, you were a fool not to use Ken, Chun, etc. Alpha 3, he was a home add on.

CVS2 is the only game where he appeared normal I think.

In A2 every character is viable. Play on GGPO you will see Birdies and Dans rock Chuns and Kens.

I'm sure that Elena, Rolento or Urien would have taken as much effort as all four of the new characters, so I could see why they went this way. Psyched for Yang, though, I'll trade Fei's reversal for a dive kick any day. Plus, tracking anti airs. :D

Depending on how much I like Yang's rekkas, I might even drop Fei and Dudley all together and go Yang/Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom