• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SephirothRK said:
phpPJlrqb_c1AM.jpg
:lol :lol :lol
Rice, please make it your new avatar

Man, everybody loves Yang, but no love for Yun :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
prodystopian said:
Umm, it was good until he forgot to shout out GAF. Weak, Haunts. Weak.

Haha I know thats wack. Im getting them to add in the NeoGAF shout out if that means anything. LOL. This is the fourth time ive asked them to add more names down there.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Papi said:
What kind of watch does Haunts wear?

Do you take your watch off when you play?

it was some POS 80 dollar kenneth cole. it broke tho since then, thats kinda an old picture. think i fucked it up when i was drunk one night. haha

_dementia said:
:lol :lol :lol
Rice, please make it your new avatar

I guess you weren't looking, but he quoted my avatar. I made a quick change after the new AE trailer in preparation for Evil Ryu :lol

If there is no playable Evil Ryu then I might switch back or find another avatar.

Rocwell

Shoutouts to PSN SSFIV gafchat, I just played 100 games straight in endless with just about everybody. GGs to Seph, _dementia, behest, edgeward, hatchetman, tiimmaay, neo_ultima and anyone else I forgot. Morro! when you finish with GT5 I'm coming for that ass :lol

Rocwell said:
Shoutouts to PSN SSFIV gafchat, I just played 100 games straight in endless with just about everybody. GGs to Seph, _dementia, behest, edgeward, hatchetman, tiimmaay, neo_ultima and anyone else I forgot. Morro! when you finish with GT5 I'm coming for that ass :lol

This is what I hate about my schedule, besides working on Sundays and always missing top 8 for Majors I also don't get off until 1-2 AM(EST). And by then even late night PSN GAF is ready to call it a night :(

vulva

ggs everyone on psn gaf tonight, other than rocwell for making me look like a chump ;(

rice-eater. I'm still on if you want some matches

Rocwell

Happy Phantom said:
ggs everyone on psn gaf tonight, other than rocwell for making me look like a chump ;(

Is that you Tiimmay? I was too scared to fight you with Makoto :lol I still need to get a grip on the chun matchup. Next time I'll let you get some licks in ;P

Happy Phantom said:

Sorry, I didn't see your message earlier. I'd love to but I'm kind of panicking right now. I just lost my set of keys last week which really ruined my week and now I can't find my phone, which I payed $150 for a few months ago. So I'm turning my room upside down looking for it.

The thing is I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in my house, just right under my nose. I was actually suppose to call my girl last night, instead I spent like 5 straight hours playing SSF4. If only I called my girl to at least tell her that I was busy, I wouldn't have this problem right now.

zlatko

Banned
When Arcade Edition DLC launches we are all screwed at the giant Makoto army lying in wait. The past week I have run into more Makoto's online than I have Ryu's...and 8/10 have been beastly.

DR2K

Banned
zlatko said:
When Arcade Edition DLC launches we are all screwed at the giant Makoto army lying in wait. The past week I have run into more Makoto's online than I have Ryu's...and 8/10 have been beastly.

She'll still lose to up back and be totally free on knockdowns.

GGs to Timedog, Eva01 and Haunts!

Timedog and Eva, sorry, about half of our matches I was doing really shitty because dog invited me while I was fixing my stick, some of the fights I was missing buttons and a guard plate on the stick. Didn't help much when I finished, but at least I could do rekkas and block again.

Eva still has my number. His Makoto is not good and he drops combos, but he still beats me like he was playing Ken :-| Gen cLK, Super, Ultra made me happy though.

I WANTED TO BEAT HAUNTS WITH SAGAT SO BAD

He knows the matchup :-(

haunts said:
i think gods beard is trolling me but im not sure.

That would have been awesome if I never used Dudley after the one time I beat you with him, I could have played it all off as trolling. :lol

No, I was playing FT3s against you with all my characters. My Gen and Sagat are trash, though, I honestly don't know much with them other than very basic setups. I got so mad when I messed up my FADC into forward fierce with Sagat.

Your Makoto is very solid, much better than Eva's even if you abuse focus like you're Marn. I had a lot of fun fighting you with Dudley, but I had to ragequit when you beat me with a double wakeup Ultra. I'm pretty tired of Makoto, though, my friend's been using her since day one and everyone on gaf swapped to her so she's all I fight anymore.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
That would have been awesome if I never used Dudley after the one time I beat you with him, I could have played it all off as trolling. :lol

haha you should have done that. i was disgusted enough as it was i lost.

i thought you guys were trolling cuz u picked sagat and eva picked makoto soon as i joined. lol.

zlatko

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
How in the world does Makoto lose to up back?

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to come off as stupid, because I wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know. From what I've gathered if your opponent knows you are doing up back on her wake up or in general, then Makoto's dash forward covers that distance in a milisecond and allows her several options to keep you pressured. Not only that but when you pick up back you just get closer to the corner which is where she will destroy you.

haunts said:
haha you should have done that. i was disgusted enough as it was i lost.

i thought you guys were trolling cuz u picked sagat and eva picked makoto soon as i joined. lol.

Sorry that losing to me is so terrible.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
Sorry that losing to me is so terrible.

cant a man be salty?! denying one a salty runback is the worst man. :lol

i think you should stick with dudley tho. try sticking your ground more. you tend to walk back into a corner a lot i think.

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
For anybody awake, there's a Vanilla JP tournament (Tengu Cup) running right now on NSB. Perhaps Street Fighter IV's last hurrah.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb
Thanks for posting this! Feels kinda fresh to watch Vanilla and for some reason this tourney has me hype! Also my favorite Japanese announcer is there! Do you know who's playing in this? Would be dope to see Iyo :D

:(

Dartastic

God's Beard said:
GGs to Timedog, Eva01 and Haunts!

Timedog and Eva, sorry, about half of our matches I was doing really shitty because dog invited me while I was fixing my stick, some of the fights I was missing buttons and a guard plate on the stick. Didn't help much when I finished, but at least I could do rekkas and block again.

Eva still has my number. His Makoto is not good and he drops combos, but he still beats me like he was playing Ken :-| Gen cLK, Super, Ultra made me happy though.

I WANTED TO BEAT HAUNTS WITH SAGAT SO BAD

He knows the matchup :-(

No, I was playing FT3s against you with all my characters. My Gen and Sagat are trash, though, I honestly don't know much with them other than very basic setups. I got so mad when I messed up my FADC into forward fierce with Sagat.

Your Makoto is very solid, much better than Eva's even if you abuse focus like you're Marn. I had a lot of fun fighting you with Dudley, but I had to ragequit when you beat me with a double wakeup Ultra. I'm pretty tired of Makoto, though, my friend's been using her since day one and everyone on gaf swapped to her so she's all I fight anymore.

I just need to play with good people again, even if I lose a lot. Get the skills back.

jlai

All this Makoto talk! Haven't played in so long I bet and hope eva's makoto has surpassed mine. Someone needs to take her to the top!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I played Makoto before playing Makoto was cool, btw.

zlatko said:
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to come off as stupid, because I wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know. From what I've gathered if your opponent knows you are doing up back on her wake up or in general, then Makoto's dash forward covers that distance in a milisecond and allows her several options to keep you pressured. Not only that but when you pick up back you just get closer to the corner which is where she will destroy you.

Yeah, plus in AE she might be able to fukiage up back a bit easier. Kinda doubt they made it a ton faster tho. You'll probably still have to be looking for it to be able to react quickly enough.

USD

Satyamdas said:
Thanks for posting this! Feels kinda fresh to watch Vanilla and for some reason this tourney has me hype! Also my favorite Japanese announcer is there! Do you know who's playing in this? Would be dope to see Iyo :D

:(
This is actually a mid-level tourney (only players between 20K and 100K PP could enter), so you pretty much won't find any killers here. Kokujin's in it though, already in loser's however. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
simtmb said:
Nice vid. :D

Honda and T-Hawk part is the best :lol

Thanks.
Yeah. Flowchart. T.Hawk. Too busy mashing 360s, flying condor and tomahawk but doesn't know how to block properly.

This is the last weekend for a major and big tournament. After that, it's the "offseason" for the FGC. I expect some good stuff. And everybody should enjoy while they can. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom