• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joekage

hahahahaha

at that point i was so drained, and i look retarded.. and and...I MADE TOP 8 YO UGGGHHH

shoutouts to chaotix and his red ringed 360. ANDRE!

Axis

Joekage said:
hahahahaha

at that point i was so drained, and i look retarded.. and and...I MADE TOP 8 YO UGGGHHH

shoutouts to chaotix and his red ringed 360. ANDRE!

all good...waffle love for life

also, i want my salty FT10 runback :p

N4Us

Imm0rt4l said:
lol @ the drama on the wolkrone tearin shit up thread on srk. HAV is pretty annoying.

IVhOq.jpg

:lol

Imm0rt4l

N4Us said:
Peter on blast...

HAV and co are making fun of wolfkrone dick riders when in fact he is doing the exact same thing. Captain save a hoe.

Flash doesn't need saving, dude is nice and his record speaks for itself. He already went on record already, although it was in a backhanded and condescending matter.

Joekage

Axis said:
all good...waffle love for life

also, i want my salty FT10 runback :p

dat waffle love. so good

also, yeah we can definitely run that back. cody vs cammy?

I'll most likely be on later tonight so sounds good. Gotta get a set with Saty as well.

Axis

Joekage said:
dat waffle love. so good

also, yeah we can definitely run that back. cody vs cammy?

I'll most likely be on later tonight so sounds good. Gotta get a set with Saty as well.

yeah i should be on later tonight

and completely fucking baked

cody/cammy sounds good...gotta do better than 10-2 this time :(

edit: i don't really find HAV to be annoying in that thread...

Joekage

Imm0rt4l said:
Oh Lord, wolfkrones 'manager', that guy from NEC is taking this 'beef' shit to the podcasts pretty much just calling flash a bitch, cocky etc.

http://fightersfury.podomatic.com/entry/2010-12-08T22_29_22-08_00

smh....

I think wolfkrone can speak for himself.

wow, and this is why the progression of fighting games in a professional setting will be derailed. This isn't going to end well on anyone's account. What HAV said is true, Step up your game and let it talk for you. There is no need for stupid shit like this.

Threi

notag
Joekage said:
wow, and this is why the progression of fighting games in a professional setting will be derailed. This isn't going to end well on anyone's account. What HAV said is true, Step up your game and let it talk for you. There is no need for stupid shit like this.
The funny thing is wolfkrone did exactly this...and there is still a shitstorm.

This whole "new blood can never be as good as the OGs" mentality needs to stop. These people put in just as much effort as they did "back in the good ol' days", and it shows. If they didn't, then it would be still the same people ruling the scene (which how it kinda is, but not completely).

Then again those are the same ones quick to put the blame on the game instead, say there is too much bullshit in it, and instead yearn for the bullshit that was in the older games. "It's bullshit yeah but I am used to it dammit!"

I am not saying the "OG's" shouldn't be respected (<3 Afrocole). They earned and deserve all the respect in the world. But it's a two-way street. If a kid is coming up and beating big names left and right then they deserve at least a little respect as well.

Imm0rt4l

Threi said:

This whole "new blood can never be as good as the OGs" mentality needs to stop. These people put in just as much effort as they did "back in the good ol' days", and it shows. If they didn't, then it would be still the same people ruling the scene (which how it kinda is, but not completely).

Then again those are the same ones quick to put the blame on the game instead, say there is too much bullshit in it, and instead yearn for the bullshit that was in the older games. "It's bullshit yeah but I am used to it dammit!"

I am not saying the "OG's" shouldn't be respected (<3 Afrocole). They earned and deserve all the respect in the world. But it's a two-way street. If a kid is coming up and beating big names left and right then they deserve at least a little respect as well.

This, a thousand times this. This is why srk as a community blows. Some guys get passes for being condescending assholes etc. " hurr hurr stfu 09er lol you suck". A lot of talking on srk and not enough playing, HAV is guilty of this too though. Wolfkrone is nice, period.

hitsugi

Threi said:

This whole "new blood can never be as good as the OGs" mentality needs to stop. These people put in just as much effort as they did "back in the good ol' days", and it shows.

at some point, players like wong and "combofiend" were new blood as well.

hell, most of the SF4 scene is new blood

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Joekage said:

thank god. this is the kind of stuff that i think makes the scene interesting to follow, no matter how stupid it seems at first glance. i love the drama.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LOL.

I was just playing some ranked matches online just now and in the middle of round 1 against a Guile (I play Cammy) my controller dies. Now, I have 2 controllers that I play with. 1 for Halo and 1 Street Fighter. They're both old and completely shitty but they only work for each game. Certain sticks are loose, buttons are hard to press and activate, things like that. My SF controller dies and I plug in my Halo controller to try to salvage the match. That controller wouldn't let me do shit! lol I couldn't throw, tech or hooligan grab. My main combo of low short, low jab, low short XX Hard Spiral arrow won't work either. Well, I got my ass kicked lol. I must have looked like a complete noob. :lol Oh well, I was kicking some ass tonight.

gutabo

Ok, now I'm really back. Left it all for a local tourney, ended up winning it(and a brand new 250GB ps3). They had ssf4, tekken, fifa and pes, and counter strike and point blank as the main events. Lots of luck involved, of course, including another guy beating up most of honda's bad matchups with blanka(he ended up second). All the tourney(it spanned 4 days) was run using nice sony tvs with almost no lag, but in grand finals sony's main guy here pushed for another tv(a 50 inch LCD) which turned out to have LOTS of lag which, in turn, made combos almost impossible to do(and screwed up with my opp's head). I'm used to it since I always play with relix so no biggie there :p. Here's a nice picture of it. I didn't know they were going to stream it, otherwise I would've told you guys. Had to do some overtime at work to make it up for the lost hours practicing the previous 2 weeks. The local scene is growing! :D

Wallach

gutabo said:
Ok, now I'm really back. Left it all for a local tourney, ended up winning it(and a brand new 250GB ps3). They had ssf4, tekken, fifa and pes, and counter strike and point blank as the main events. Lots of luck involved, of course, including another guy beating up most of honda's bad matchups with blanka(he ended up second). All the tourney(it spanned 4 days) was run using nice sony tvs with almost no lag, but in grand finals sony's main guy here pushed for another tv(a 50 inch LCD) which turned out to have LOTS of lag which, in turn, made combos almost impossible to do(and screwed up with my opp's head). I'm used to it since I always play with relix so no biggie there :p. Here's a nice picture of it. I didn't know they were going to stream it, otherwise I would've told you guys. Had to do some overtime at work to make it up for the lost hours practicing the previous 2 weeks. The local scene is growing! :D

Good job!

Though sad Solid Snake is sad. :(

kitzkozan

Threi said:

Steve H completely lost me when he started spewing his BS: To all the new players out there,I'm gonna get you and beat you over and over and over blah blah blah again. :lol

Lot's of haters out there,but you just gotta roll with the punches. :p

gutabo

Thanks guys. Nah, that's just pools play last thursday, finals were on sunday against a blanka. It was streamed, I'm looking for the archived footage. That Vega was pretty bad, lol.

EDIT: His pool was at 1:30pm or so = he got to semis of that day the easy way. Every day there was a mini tourney where all the winners of each pool of that day played against each other and each day had a "champion". I was thursday's champ. Then on sunday(sunday only had 2 pools) all 4 "champions" played and in the end I beat a nasty fei long mostly because he was really, really anxious and I wasn't(because I thought I was going to lose anyway since he beat lots of good people on friday to be there and because of the matchup). That cleaned the path to grand finals for me.

Wallach

gutabo said:
Thanks guys. Nah, that's just pools play last thursday, finals were on sunday against a blanka. It was streamed, I'm looking for the archived footage. That Vega was pretty bad, lol.

Yeah, whoever that Vega was got mauled. Apparently it was hit buttons day. :lol

gutabo

Wallach said:
Yeah, whoever that Vega was got mauled. Apparently it was hit buttons day. :lol
Yeah, besides, after playing AZ greg a lot, all other vegas are free. It's a shame(combo and damage wise) that honda's hands don't fully hit crouching vega :(

EDIT: Seems like they're uploading all the matches so in a day or so they'll get to grand finals.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
Congrats Gutabo. Now buy SSF4 on PS3 and join us in GAF chat. 1-2 bar connections on PSN, bring it on.

Do you remember what happened the one time we tried that...? Annoying, as I'd really like to play you more.

pirateben said:
Do you remember what happened the one time we tried that...? Annoying, as I'd really like to play you more.

I'd love to, as bad as it gets it's just online play. I play mad scrubby online anyways as other PSN players can see. Bait me to DP 3 times in a row, guess what, I'll still wake up DP the 4th time if you're close enough to me.

It is kind of strange though, I've played other Europeans and although it's laggy, it wasn't no where near as bad as the experience you and I had from what I can remember. But still, I'd love to do it again the next time we have a chance.

gutabo

Found the grand finals!

REMEMBER, LAG WAS REALLY BAD ON THAT TV. If you check the vid(and the next one) at the end when I win, you'll notice I don't even smile and I tell my opponent something like "it was a russian roulette with lag that bad". I only start to smile when they began to take pics.

Link HERE. SSF grand finals start around 1:09. I was rocking the Iron Maiden shirt and(as a tip for concentration/anxiety I was given) I was chewing gum(lots of it) like a madman.

EDIT: Part two HERE. If your spanish is good you'll hear lots of local slang and local references. Also lots of Cobra Kai references ;) Yes Axis and Eissan(international cobra kai members), you can share the win! :D

You'll see lots of dropped combos and misstimed reversals because of the lag. You'll also hear "the backyard" mentioned a lot, it's the name of our local fighting community on facebook. You'll see a borrowed hori stick(I have a TE but it's for 360) and on the first fight I chose ultra 2, looked down and when I saw up again it was blanka, not guile :( Finally, you'll see I pause the game(a mistake because of the button placement on the hori) and my opponent, as a true gentleman, tells the judge that he's ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom