• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
I was high the other day and thought it would be funny if, when you use Vega on that African runway stage, they didn't replace Vega with Balrog in the background and just let there be 2 Vegas. Like when you use Makoto on the Korean street stage.

Just thought I'd share.

to be fair...a friend and i were high one night and decided we liked seeing bison in the plane...so we played rog/vega mirrors for an hour and a half...and i don't know how to play either one of those chars

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Zapages said:
I play super cautious all the time. Its kind of fun. :)

The problem is that it can turn off people quickly if you're trying to promote a game. I've had that problem myself.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
When I play ranked I usually rush in as recklessly as possible the first round to see how they punish the various moves and then switch it up on them in the subsequent round(s). Usually works very well. Except when there is some asshole Guile who knows that he has good normals and an absurd fireball.

The way of the Jaguar is such a burden sometimes. :( And having Makoto as my secondary really isn't helping matters... She'll be back with a vengeance with the arcade rebalancing though! MARK MY WORDS!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Brobzoid said:
When I play ranked I usually rush in as recklessly as possible the first round to see how they punish the various moves and then switch it up on them in the subsequent round(s). Usually works very well. Except when there is some asshole Guile who knows that he has good normals and an absurd fireball.

The way of the Jaguar is such a burden sometimes. :( And having Makoto as my secondary really isn't helping matters... She'll be back with a vengeance with the arcade rebalancing though! MARK MY WORDS!

Doesn't Jaguar Kick work vs Sonic Books, and EX Jaguar to get them out of turtling?

I figured Adon would give Guile fits.

I started this morning really high on the game. Perfected a B+ Viper with my Sakura by having my mix-ups on point and nailing my one-framers (vexco would be so proud), and did the same to a Rose player.

Then I did some ranked, and won about 6 in a row. I needed one more win from a 3000+PP player to finally reach my goal of finally achieving 5000+PP. My opponent was a Bison player, who mauled me the first round, getting me scared. But I returned the favor the second round. The third round was pretty even. Then for some stupid reason, I did a headstomp on his wake-up. And he was all like, screw your headstomp and ultra'd me. I was mind f*cked for the rest of the round and he beat me.
Then the guy sends me a message because he recognized me from GAF. Therefore:
GAF > DBJoseph > GAF. :lol

Good game gaffer whose username I do not know.

fubarduck

noneofexion said:
Apologies if I missed this but what do the characters mean above the health bars (on the red belt/band)? The Yellow and Red boxes to the left of the player name are global/local rankings, right?

The yellow box is national ranking. The red box is local ranking (in this case, it says "Tokyo"). Your rank/title is displayed above your life bar.

I absolutely suck with Guy, I don't why I keep playing him. I don't think Guy sucks...it's just I suck with him, and the way I play doesn't seem to gell well with how they designed the character. Too bad, because I really want to get good with him because he looks so damn cool.

Axis

dragonballjoseph said:
I started this morning really high on the game. Perfected a B+ Viper with my Sakura by having my mix-ups on point and nailing my one-framers (vexco would be so proud), and did the same to a Rose player.

i am!

as long as there was a c.lk reset =P

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
BotoxAgent said:
I absolutely suck with Guy, I don't why I keep playing him. I don't think Guy sucks...it's just I suck with him, and the way I play doesn't seem to gell well with how they designed the character. Too bad, because I really want to get good with him because he looks so damn cool.

I'm the same with Guy. He has cool moves and all but I can't do jack shit with him.

Brobzoid

arstal said:
Doesn't Jaguar Kick work vs Sonic Books, and EX Jaguar to get them out of turtling?

I figured Adon would give Guile fits.
Keep in mind that I ain't a top tier dawg though. You can EX jagga kick the sonic booms, but forward and roundhouse jagga kicks don't travel far enough to punish the sonic boom, you just jump over it, you can EX jagga toof it (unless it's a jab boom), but either way you still need dat meter. Air jagga kick often works, but it loses to so much shit though, even the EX can be traded with normals. It's offensive. EX toof also get beat clean by lots of normals and I've been traded out of ultra1 by normals a buncha times when I tried to punish sonic booms. Guile is a bitch.

BotoxAgent said:
Well Guy does have an FADC into ultra, so he certainly doesn't suck.

Guy sucks.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
BotoxAgent said:

I think Guy sucks but I don't care. He's still my favorite character to play in the game :D

CO_Andy

Who needs Guy when you have Maki's buns of steel? Plz make her Guy's alternate, Cap :(

As much as i like Hugo and Poison the game definitely needs an easier grappler like Alex (and isn't joke-tier).

Brobzoid said:
Keep in mind that I ain't a top tier dawg though. You can EX jagga kick the sonic booms, but forward and roundhouse jagga kicks don't travel far enough to punish the sonic boom, you just jump over it, you can EX jagga toof it (unless it's a jab boom), but either way you still need dat meter. Air jagga kick often works, but it loses to so much shit though, even the EX can be traded with normals. It's offensive. EX toof also get beat clean by lots of normals and I've been traded out of ultra1 by normals a buncha times when I tried to punish sonic booms. Guile is a bitch.

I think what you need to use here is Instant Air Jaguar Kick.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Brobzoid said:

I have had jag kicks airthrown, and even air jag kicks. Maybe use short?

Once you get in, Guile's wakeup anti-air is pretty bad. It's Trolldon time then.

I've found Adon/Rose to be a fun troll vs troll match.

yurinka

KAL2006 said:
this is how I think the characters will be announced

Comicon - Alex, Rolento
Loke Test 2 - Hugo, R.Mika
Loke Test 3 - Elena, Charlie
Surprise announcement - Q

All these characters are the ones that were released for PSN as avatars. At Comicon there are 2 empty slots, so one 2 characters announced for Comicon, but there is space for 6 slots, the other characters will be announced in each Loketest. Q, the 7th character will be a secret character who is selectable by pressing down on the random cursor.
I agree.I'm pretty sure at least Elena will be in the game. Maybe almost these 7 characters were planned since the start like the SSFIV ones, because around the SFIV release Kinu Nishimura did an illustration for Famitsu where appeared all the SSFIV gals without Juri but adding Elena.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/spacysmoke/blog/2009/01/25/japanese_street_fighter_magazine_covers

Brobzoid

arstal said:
I have had jag kicks airthrown, and even air jag kicks. Maybe use short?

Once you get in, Guile's wakeup anti-air is pretty bad. It's Trolldon time then.

I've found Adon/Rose to be a fun troll vs troll match.
short doesn't go over any fireball (except for juri's low). but yeah, most matches are pushing those down/back holding motherfuckers into the corner and pooing down their throats.

Holy Order Sol said:
I think what you need to use here is Instant Air Jaguar Kick.
yeah, that's a nice tool, but I'm hitting a execution barrier with my 360 pad. :( can't pull it out consistently, so I tend to avoid it - just like most of Adon's links as well - too damn difficult on a 360 pad.

DIRTY-D

easily enough room for 7 slots....or even 3 more for a total of 10.

but I say 7.........3 on the left......and 4 on the right. :D

23_ssf4openslots2.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Elena's Ultra 1 will be healing

she get 60% of her life back

YES!!!!!

/

I bet it's her super instead, to force a real choice. Ultras will be a redone spinning beat that requires FADC, and a non-comboable Brave Dance that goes through fireballs.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
arstal said:
I bet it's her super instead, to force a real choice. Ultras will be a redone spinning beat that requires FADC, and a non-comboable Brave Dance that goes through fireballs.
I bet u Rhino Horn will be even slower:lol

thats the routine with this engine, make shit slower

Brobzoid

women in fighting games should have muscles. Vanessa, makoto and chun li qualify. fuck the rest, all of them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
arstal said:

Spinning Beat as the Super (like Duds uppercut)
Ultra 1 Brave Dance
Ultra 2 something that makes you spin

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Brobzoid said:
women in fighting games should have muscles. Vanessa, makoto and chun li qualify. fuck the rest, all of them.
Ibuki has definitely been hitting the gym, and Juri isn't exactly a slouch on her core workouts either.

hitsugi

Hitokage said:
Ibuki has definitely been hitting the gym, and Juri isn't exactly a slouch on her core workouts either.

Cammy, too.. I don't think any of the SF girls are just skinny without muscle. They're not huge, but they don't need to be D:

Brobzoid

Hitokage said:
lithe twigs, the lot of em! The canon and internal logic of the series would be impeccable where it not for these fan-service harlots with their make up and sexually provocative clothing. Unban riskychris, there is a stampede that needs to be run. :mad:

hitsugi

Brobzoid said:
lithe twigs, the lot of em! The canon and internal logic of the series would be impeccable where it not for these fan-service harlots with their make up and sexually provocative clothing. Unban riskychris, there is a stampede that needs to be run. :mad:

pretty sure I saw riskychris posting a day or two ago.. maybe my eyes deceived me

so with regards to character and game announcements - that's happening today?

Hugbot

hitsugi said:
pretty sure I saw riskychris posting a day or two ago.. maybe my eyes deceived me

so with regards to character and game announcements - that's happening today?
Nothing probably. Smart money's on Capcom's conference thing tomorrow at Noon PDT(I think).

Edit: Unless something leaks. But we all know capcom is a tough nut to crack.

_dementia said:
canonically yun would probably be too young to participate

lol canon
Yeah, but weren't they in the intro clip of Chun Li, they looked close to their counterparts of SF3. And my guess is that SSF4 is close to where SF3 starts, it's possible.

Besides, look at Sakura, she supposed to be older but still looks the same as in Alpha, apart from some fighters, most of them never grow old.

Brobzoid said:
Makoto's biceps are bigger than you.

Brobzoid

Capcom is actually having a press junket at comicon? I thought we would just get some press release, are y'all saying there might be some video in it for us plebs at home? ;o

God's Beard said:
Makoto's biceps are bigger than you.
just the way I like em.

Haeleos

They're really going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of character designs if they are bringing back more old characters.

hitsugi

Hugbot said:
Nothing probably. Smart money's on Capcom's conference thing tomorrow at Noon PDT(I think).

Edit: Unless something leaks. But we all know capcom is a tough nut to crack.

true, especially after the initial SSF4 leak D: well either way, this weekend should bring some kind of joy

Threi said:
iz mah birthday today

make DeeJay's c.HP an overhead and make lk Sobat safe on block to celebrate Capcom please thx

Happy birthday Threi, don't go off drinking. :D

and.. hopefully that those two slots are for completely new characters, I don't want to see any other people in this game.

Okay.. Q can come.. He is a monster right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom