• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haeleos said:
And... PS3 Fightpad #4 is dead after 2 days of use. GG, Mad Catz. I haven't had a single piece of hardware break down as much as these fucking PS3 fightpads. Oh and bonus points for making it wireless... brilliant.

The first one had sticky buttons, 2 of them had wireless dongles that were dead on arrival and this 4th one just randomly loses signal, no matter what batteries I put into it. This is with the Round 2 ones as well, after the dead dongle issue became apparent to Mad Catz but they didn't fix it. Maybe they should do a Round 2 on their QA department...
Hori makes a pretty neat wired pad

ps3_f_comma3_01.jpg

There are also the SLS USB Saturn Pads

040820_1.jpg

I don't get it man.
If the Madcatz stuff keeps breaking on you, why do you keep buying them?
Do you think it'll somehow magically be different the next time?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EraldoCoil said:
It stopped reading discs, I called Sony and it was a $150 repair with a 7 week wait.
dude no, buy a new drive and swap it yourself.
you need a t10 screwdriver to pop the case and a star screwdriver will solve every other issue.
I've done the repair myself, its cake.

Haeleos

_dementia said:
I don't get it man.

Well, I bought one from EBGames and they don't offer refunds on it (just replacements). I'm going to demand a refund on it next time the EBGames one breaks.

The one that broke I bought from Amazon since they do offer refunds, but I have 2 working 360 ones which makes me think there are good ones out there...

I've seen that Hori pad before, but the price is a little high to import it to Canada and I'd rather just invest in a stick if I was going to spend that much. The prices for the sticks in Canada are almost double what they are in the US.

Outside the one HORI pad there isn't a lot of alternative for 6 button pads. I'm going to try and look for a good price on it.

hitsugi

that "new" screen with 2 blacked out character slots looks like one worst shops I have ever seen :lol how is that real? the borders don't even look right.

what happened to the game that was going to be announced today, anyway?

N3al

_dementia said:

http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/controller/ps3_f_comma3/image/ps3_f_comma3_01.jpg

I don't get it man.

I got this when my PS3 madcatz totally died in 3 days.

Fighting Commando is amazing, and extra points for being wired. The only negative point with it is that the DPAD is not as good as madcatz IMO, but it still gets the job done. I was able to pull out all the moves without problem.

hitsugi said:
that "new" screen with 2 blacked out character slots looks like one worst shops I have ever seen :lol how is that real? the borders don't even look right.

Oichi says it's real, so it's real.
Ono's game is being announced Saturday at ComicCon.

hitsugi said:

it's going to be announced on Saturday

edit: beaten

Nose Master

Grrr. Beat a scrubby gouken on live, joined my next lobby, but his bar was yellow. Kicked him, and he joined again. Thought fuck it, and like I thought, he was dirty laggy and won because of it. Raaaaaage.

PS: Not sure if want @ huge roster

A few balance fixes, and I'd be fine RE: SSF4A

Now why would Capcom just add only TWO characters? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? I could see if they added 6 to make the char select screen more even looking, but just two?

If one of them is Rolento though, I would be happy. Screw whoever else.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Abominable Snowman said:
A few balance fixes, and I'd be fine RE: SSF4A

Now why would Capcom just add only TWO characters? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? I could see if they added 6 to make the char select screen more even looking, but just two?

If one of them is Rolento though, I would be happy. Screw whoever else.

Probably a thing of time vs. anything else. I don't think devs particularly care about how even the character select screen is. :p

plufim said:
The two new characters need to be Mike Haggar and also Mike Haggar.

But what does Haggar has that Gief does not? Beside a decent pair of pants.

It might be Sodom and Rolento or Karen and R.Mika, but we cannot forget Skullmania and Skullmania... Maybe Charlie (Nash) might wake up out of his comma and throw Sonic boom as Able?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
_dementia said:

ps3_f_comma3_01.jpg

I have one of these. It's great, but there's just one thing about it that irks me. If you are used to using triggers on pads for PPP and KKK, and especially used to the Mad Catz set up, you will be disappointed. Hori didn't assign the top buttons the same way that the Mad Catz pad is set up, so you will HAVE to use L1 and L2 (it has all four triggers) for these buttons. If you are used to KKK being on the right, this will drive you crazy.

If you hold the pad claw style though, no problems!

Okay, with this whole 7 new challengers rumor going around, how is this going to work as DLC? Is this possible from a technical standpoint or do you think we'll have another expansion disc sort of thing like Dragon Age Awakenings?

I won't mind either way. I just want more characters and hope this is legit!

Ledsen

Lyte Edge said:
I have one of these. It's great, but there's just one thing about it that irks me. If you are used to using triggers on pads for PPP and KKK, and especially used to the Mad Catz set up, you will be disappointed. Hori didn't assign the top buttons the same way that the Mad Catz pad is set up, so you will HAVE to use L1 and L2 (it has all four triggers) for these buttons. If you are used to KKK being on the right, this will drive you crazy.

If you hold the pad claw style though, no problems!

Why not just reassign the buttons?

simtmb

henhowc said:
Should bring back indestructible as DLC. :D

I actually miss it quite a bit. I much rather hear that repeat then this same damn tune.
Something i can sing along to is far better :lol

Joekage

GG's to all on PSN GAFchat who I played tonight, lyte edge, Rei, Roc and etc..

You guys have really improved especially Roc with that Fei. Still don't know how to approach that matchup with Cody. I feel like I played really shitty today though even if I was winning. I was eating combos I should have blocked and dropping easy combos, I think it's because playing offline for weeks and then going to online really is a rough transition in terms of timing and execution. ]

Hopefully I can find a middle ground and also learn how to beat Fei Long. That flame kick fadc ultra to beat my crouch tech was enough to make me more salty than I've ever been haha.

*If I can find time to join this upcoming tournament, I plan to take it, Cody gonna laugh all the way to the title. Haha!*

DD-11

Haeleos said:
And... PS3 Fightpad #4 is dead after 2 days of use. GG, Mad Catz. I haven't had a single piece of hardware break down as much as these fucking PS3 fightpads. Oh and bonus points for making it wireless... brilliant.

The first one had sticky buttons, 2 of them had wireless dongles that were dead on arrival and this 4th one just randomly loses signal, no matter what batteries I put into it. This is with the Round 2 ones as well, after the dead dongle issue became apparent to Mad Catz but they didn't fix it. Maybe they should do a Round 2 on their QA department...

This is one of the main reasons I broke down and bought a stick--I just got tired of replacing pads. Mine usually lasted about 4-6 months of solid use so I wasn't too sour, but it did get ridiculous. They just became less responsive over time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
there's really no need for a ps3 fightpad anyway, the sixaxis is a solid controller with a reliable and well made d-pad, there's really nothing wrong with it and no need for a speciality pad unless you absolutely need 6 face buttons.

Mœbius

I am sad that I can't play with the PSN Gafchat crew anymore - the time difference is killing me; we're never on at the same time!

...even if we were the lag would destroy us, as Rice-Eater and I found out recently. :(

Wallach

"yes sir I have made air with the old chuck the job

as a result was doing was mad"

Some of them kill me because you can totally translate them back into raw DSP hatred :lol

"a lot of how money is the result of that he's bashing yeah"

Rufus

the_log_ride said:
adon and sagat were very easy to lvl up to C. I hope I have as simple a time doing that with Hakan and Ibuki -_-
I had Hakan up to B in no time, then I started losing. Sub 5000 now... I don't care about getting the points as high as possible, but that stings.

Anyway, when I was using him, which wasn't too long after release, mind you, people would either not know what to do or just hand you the wins by being stupid. One thing is for sure: you will get a lot of hatemail.

Burli

Pringo
For 360 players - what's considered a good fighting game specific controller?

I don't mind if it's a pad or stick, I'll be equally as bad with either. From what I know sticks are better than pads, but awhile ago in this thread there seemed to be almost as revolution against sticks in favour of pads. My main problem with using the normal 360 pad is the lack of a 6 button layout and a weird-ass d-pad.

Are the mad catz pads okay, or do they break all the time?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Burli said:
For 360 players - what's considered a good fighting game specific controller?

I don't mind if it's a pad or stick, I'll be equally as bad with either. From what I know sticks are better than pads, but awhile ago in this thread there seemed to be almost as revolution against sticks in favour of pads. My main problem with using the normal 360 pad is the lack of a 6 button layout and a weird-ass d-pad.

Are the mad catz pads okay, or do they break all the time?

I had one and hated it. I think the sticks are better, though it takes training if you've never used one before.

Burli

Pringo
arstal said:
I had one and hated it. I think the sticks are better, though it takes training if you've never used one before.

My thinking is, I'm a beginner anyway - obviously I'm really used to using pads for games, but not so much in a fighting game sense, so I may as well train myself with a stick at the same time as learning how to play games like SF4.

I've found the Mad Catz Tournament Edition Stick Round 2 for £75 (It's £150 RRP) - Does anyone have this stick? Reviews I've read say it's a solid stick, but then they also said that about the normal SF4 white one, and my friend said he had to replace all the buttons and the stick on that one to make it good.

Burli

Pringo
Ysiadmihi said:
TE sticks have better parts than the normal Mad Catz stick.

Considering my friend bought the normal Mad Catz stick for around £50, then spent at least another £50 upgrading the parts, I can imagine £75 is a steal for this round 2 tournament stick. I think I should just take the plunge.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Search by region is so fucking broken . Does it really go by flag? MOTHERCUCKING FLAG?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SHITPUDDLE COUNTRIES THERE AR EIN EUROPE!?! THERE ARE LIKE TWO OTHER PEOPLE IN MY COUNTRY WHO HAVE THIS GAME FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KAL2006

Banned
maybe we are getting more than 2 characters

Alex, Hugo, Q, Elena, Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento have all been added to PSN as avatars. I am guessing 2 of them are getting announced tommorow

Degen

KAL2006 said:
maybe we are getting more than 2 characters

Alex, Hugo, Q, Elena, Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento have all been added to PSN as avatars. I am guessing 2 of them are getting announced tommorow
It either falls perfectly in line with the leak, or it's where the supposed leaker got his idea. One day left until we find out...

I am NOT looking forward to Charlie aka "Turtling Guile part 2"

zon

Brobzoid said:
Search by region is so fucking broken . Does it really go by flag? MOTHERCUCKING FLAG?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SHITPUDDLE COUNTRIES THERE AR EIN EUROPE!?! THERE ARE LIKE TWO OTHER PEOPLE IN MY COUNTRY WHO HAVE THIS GAME FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yep, we have to use the search all option instead. And get a list full of americans and japanese...

KAL2006

Banned
Degen said:
It either falls perfectly in line with the leak, or it's where the supposed leaker got his idea. One day left until we find out...

I am NOT looking forward to Charlie aka "Turtling Guile part 2"

Well at the moment we got 2 extra slots from the picture (it could be fake though), but there is space for 6 extra slots, which means 6 of the 7 characters can fit, but the 7th character could be Q, who is hidden and you select him by pressing down on the random cursor. I think the rumour stated only 2 characters will be revealed at comic con (alex and rolento) which fits perfectly why there is only 2 slots being shown so far.

Alex should be in the game. Alex or Gill. I know everybody hates Gill, but he the reason why Street Fighter 3 happens. Also, why not have the man that defeated Ryu in the 3rd tournament and the star of the game... Alex. Red Headband and Green Overalls... Let me rip my shirt off.

Ledsen

Brobzoid said:

zon said:
Yep, we have to use the search all option instead. And get a list full of americans and japanese...

Really? Where do you guys live? Here in Sweden I get matches all the time no problem.

Pandaman said:
dude no, buy a new drive and swap it yourself.
you need a t10 screwdriver to pop the case and a star screwdriver will solve every other issue.
I've done the repair myself, its cake.

+1. It's essentially just unscrewing everything and putting it back. The only potential problem is getting the wrong drive. Just google your model and you should be able to find out which ones work. I did the fix about a year ago on my 60GB and it has worked great ever since.

knee

KAL2006 said:
Well at the moment we got 2 extra slots from the picture...

Who the hell cares about the limitation of two extra slots?

Doesn't anyone remember how Tekken 2/3 hid all of the extra characters off screen? more than half of them seemed to be back there. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom