• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
knee said:
Who the hell cares about the limitation of two extra slots?

Doesn't anyone remember how Tekken 2/3 hid all of the extra characters off screen? more than half of them seemed to be back there. :lol

So...the two slots are actually for arrows that take you to the next screen of characters :O

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ledsen said:
Really? Where do you guys live? Here in Sweden I get matches all the time no problem.

refresh my memory, you and I haven't played because you're on PSN right?

Brobzoid said:
Search by region is so fucking broken . Does it really go by flag? MOTHERCUCKING FLAG?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SHITPUDDLE COUNTRIES THERE AR EIN EUROPE!?! THERE ARE LIKE TWO OTHER PEOPLE IN MY COUNTRY WHO HAVE THIS GAME FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I get matches all the time. How can you not get a match. I pick any country and still get matches. I like to see how players in Euro play different from N.America

KAL2006 said:
maybe we are getting more than 2 characters

Alex, Hugo, Q, Elena, Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento have all been added to PSN as avatars. I am guessing 2 of them are getting announced tommorow

You cannot forget that they added Felicia from Darkstalkers on there also. Ono said, "I want to work on another Darkstalkers."

54-46!

Ledsen said:
Really? Where do you guys live? Here in Sweden I get matches all the time no problem.
You're on PSN or XBL? when I try Sweden only I rarely get more than one or two people playing per refresh.

Ledsen

Corky said:
refresh my memory, you and I haven't played because you're on PSN right?

No I'm on 360, but I don't play that much :)

54-46! said:
You're on PSN or XBL? when I try Sweden only I rarely get more than one or two people playing per refresh.

I'm on XBL. I rarely do searches though, usually I play arcade mode with Request on. During the evenings I don't even have time to start a match in arcade before I get challenged over and over.

dankir

Wallach said:
2cib3i0.gif

COME ON ALEX

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Burli said:
For 360 players - what's considered a good fighting game specific controller?

I don't mind if it's a pad or stick, I'll be equally as bad with either. From what I know sticks are better than pads, but awhile ago in this thread there seemed to be almost as revolution against sticks in favour of pads. My main problem with using the normal 360 pad is the lack of a 6 button layout and a weird-ass d-pad.

Are the mad catz pads okay, or do they break all the time?

I use a madcatz 360 fightpad and like it a lot. I've clocked in around 200 hrs on it from vanilla to super and haven't had any problems with it. If you want to stick with a pad probably you're best choice on 360 imo.

LakeEarth

zon said:
Yep, we have to use the search all option instead. And get a list full of americans and japanese...
I'm Canadian and search all because there are tons of full-bar US opponents that are getting filtered out.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think the PSN avatars are some hint we're getting 3S/A3 combo pack released as a PSN exclusive title. Since Capcom's event is Saturday and PSN updates on Tuesdays, Sony is tryin to cash in early.

MoxManiac

jobber said:
I think the PSN avatars are some hint we're getting 3S/A3 combo pack released as a PSN exclusive title. Since Capcom's event is Saturday and PSN updates on Tuesdays, Sony is tryin to cash in early.

I highly doubt this, but it would be amazingly awesome if it was true.

_Xenon_

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Damn it turns out that 2 new characters rumor is true. 10m10s of that video shows 2 empty icons in the character selection screen just like the leaked screen shot.

Alex + Rolento? Shin Akuma + Evil Ryu? New original characters? Fuck my wallet.

Edit: Did I post something stupid? I don't get my tag at all ...

Crisis

Banned
jobber said:

If they do that it won't be exclusive.

KAL2006

Banned
this is how I think the characters will be announced

Comicon - Alex, Rolento
Loke Test 2 - Hugo, R.Mika
Loke Test 3 - Elena, Charlie
Surprise announcement - Q

All these characters are the ones that were released for PSN as avatars. At Comicon there are 2 empty slots, so one 2 characters announced for Comicon, but there is space for 6 slots, the other characters will be announced in each Loketest. Q, the 7th character will be a secret character who is selectable by pressing down on the random cursor.

ShinAmano

KAL2006 said:

Comicon - Alex, Rolento

All these characters are the ones that were released for PSN as avatars. At Comicon there are 2 empty slots, so one 2 characters announced for Comicon, but there is space for 6 slots, the other characters will be announced in each Loketest. Q, the 7th character will be a secret character who is selectable by pressing down on the random cursor.
Dates man i need dates. :D

Hag

KAL2006 said:

Comicon - Alex, Rolento

I like the way you think. Q being a secret character would be awesome.

_Xenon_

Banned
KAL2006 said:

Comicon - Alex, Rolento

I don't think Hugo and Charlie would make it into the game. They are just different models of gief and guile. Alex + Rolento is still the best bet because their moves are quite unique compared to the existing casts.

MoxManiac

_Xenon_ said:
I don't think Hugo and Charlie would make it into the game. They are just different models of gief and guile. Alex + Rolento is still the best bet because their moves are quite unique compared to the existing casts.

Uh, no, Hugo is very, very different from Zangief (and Hawk). As for charlie, the difference would be about as much as the difference between Ryu and Ken, so I don't see an issue.

ShinAmano

_Xenon_ said:
Hugo is far from a different model of Gief.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_Xenon_ said:
No No NO NO

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Hugo is playable, what becomes of construction worker Hugo? (Why is he doing construction work anyway)

Zapages

jobber said:
If Hugo is playable, what becomes of construction worker Hugo? (Why is he doing construction work anyway)

that is Hugo's brother...

I am all for 7 new characters... It'll be nice if they give them for free. But if they are going to charge for them... 20 dollars is the sweet spot.

Anyway YAYAY New SSF4 news. :)

Hugbot

jobber said:
Easy answer. That's not Hugo, it's whichever Andore decided to give up pro wrestling for an honest construction paycheck.

KAL2006

Banned
_Xenon_ said:

this is what I think, based on the avatars being released for PSN, all 7 of those characters that I listed are the avatars that were released on PSN. What I would really like is they replace Urien for Charlie.

SupaNaab

I certainly hope the price for new characters isn't any higher because they require a part in the story/arcade mode. If there is though Hugo = Poison appearance, and should Poison appear I cannot wait to hear the voice for that.

Crisis

Banned
KAL2006 said:
this is what I think, based on the avatars being released for PSN, all 7 of those characters that I listed are the avatars that were released on PSN. What I would really like is they replace Urien for Charlie.

I like the way you think.

Zapages

You know what they should do is add every single character from SF1 through SF4 with about 4 more new characters and call it SF Battle royal aka something along the lines of KOF 98 and 2002. :)

ShinAmano

The big question is if Hugo is in...does that mean we can expect to see a Poison cameo? Or better yet have her be a new character to play as.

Leunam

noneofexion said:
Apologies if I missed this but what do the characters mean above the health bars (on the red belt/band)? The Yellow and Red boxes to the left of the player name are global/local rankings, right?

Titles probably. Sort of like the ones you can set on the console version.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Ledsen said:
I LIVE IN NORWAY I WILL PLAY YOU

Chauncy Talon said:
I get matches all the time. How can you not get a match. I pick any country and still get matches. I like to see how players in Euro play different from N.America
Sometimes I can play Americans and sometimes the game runs at half speed, sometimes the input lag allows me to get perfected by jump in roundhouse into sweep spammers, sometimes my opponent never moves and doesn't block, etc.... It's a crap shoot with America/Canada and Japan. I'd like a 'Europe' tag, because I usually get full bars against most European flags and minimal lag. And it's such a hassle doing ranked search because if you wait for the bars to fill in with the actual latency and not just spam go go go the lobby isn't accessible anymore.

fucking thing sucks.gif

54-46! said:

MY GT IS JAGGA TOOF I WILL PLAY AGAINST U 2

KAL2006 said:

Comicon - Alex, Rolento

Select Q like Vanilla arcade Akuma? That's what I've been hoping for :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I've found being east coast US, that sometimes Brits give me a better connection then some West Coasters. Occasionally gotten 2 bars with France and Germany. PC SF4 I was able to get decent connects to Russia of all places, but not Mexico.

My rule is 2 bars or above, unless it's a GAF room. I do find playing the GAF folks to be fun, since the matches don't end up grindfests like ranked, where everyone plays super-cautious (which is my normal style, and I hate facing people who play like me, it's so boring)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I was high the other day and thought it would be funny if, when you use Vega on that African runway stage, they didn't replace Vega with Balrog in the background and just let there be 2 Vegas. Like when you use Makoto on the Korean street stage.

Just thought I'd share.

Zapages

arstal said:
I've found being east coast US, that sometimes Brits give me a better connection then some West Coasters. Occasionally gotten 2 bars with France and Germany. PC SF4 I was able to get decent connects to Russia of all places, but not Mexico.

My rule is 2 bars or above, unless it's a GAF room. I do find playing the GAF folks to be fun, since the matches don't end up grindfests like ranked, where everyone plays super-cautious (which is my normal style, and I hate facing people who play like me, it's so boring)

I play super cautious all the time. Its kind of fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom