• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

AkumaHokoru said:
People. its not yun. we have a yun already his name is rufus.

Can you explain what you mean by that? Does he play pretty much the same? I never touched Yun in any of the old games.

I gravitate towards charcters whose designs I think are cool, so I hope Q makes it in. I'm going with the 7 new avatars on PSN theory.

hitsugi

2&2 said:
Can you explain what you mean by that? Does he play pretty much the same? I never touched Yun in any of the old games.

No.. 3s Yun is jump back HP and whiff c.MP until you have meter, then either activate genei-jin or get a knock down -> genei-jin and try to hit them. If you hit them and they end up in corner you whiff some more and go for a dive kick mix up or resume running until you have meter again.

I love Yun.

I would guess the rufus = yun thing is just because he has (sort of) controllable dive kicks.

Formless said:
Any suggestions for a 360 controller good (better than the standard one) for Street Fighter but still good for FPS games?
Hori Turbo Pad EX2

Wired too, but I don't know if that's a plus or a minus in your book.

Papi

Axis said:
to be fair...a friend and i were high one night and decided we liked seeing bison in the plane...so we played rog/vega mirrors for an hour and a half...and i don't know how to play either one of those chars
Hahahaha. I'm putting that on my To Do list.

Ploid 3.0

jobber said:
If Hugo is playable, what becomes of construction worker Hugo? (Why is he doing construction work anyway)

He turns into construction worker Zangief like Africa plane arrival Boxer vs Africa plane arival Vega.

gutabo

Hey guys, I need some help, I just borrowed a PS3(I'm not at home right now) and I'm having issues with the Nat 3 thing... thanks in advance!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ysiadmihi said:
Why do so many people ragequit during Soulless :(
Ok, I've read back a few pages because I'm very excited about new announcements and the possibility of Hugo and/or Rolento. But I feel I am capABEL of answering this question:

Because they can.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Threi said:
iz mah birthday today

make DeeJay's c.HP an overhead and make lk Sobat safe on block to celebrate Capcom please thx
Happy bday!

gutabo said:
Hey guys, I need some help, I just borrowed a PS3(I'm not at home right now) and I'm having issues with the Nat 3 thing... thanks in advance!
You gotta forward the proper ports on your router. Google "forward ports ps3" for help on that.

http://www.google.com/search?q=forw...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

OMG!!!

The 2 new characters revealed....

epoxle.jpg

My Sakura is so godlike today. 3 perfects today just because I did the: st.forward > lk tatsu> st.fierce xx lk tatsu > cr.fierce > EX tatsu. ^_^
I've also been doing better with Bison. I'm now comfortable with his cr.strong > cr.foward xx fierce PC. Which is his best non-EX combo.

I'm really thinking about busting Sakura out at my tourney next weekend. ^_^

Edit: Then I do a Marn combo.

Those are very, very nice choices if true.

Rolento, Alex, Elena, Hugo, Karin, and Q all have extremely unique playstyles to the existing cast.

Charlie is the only one that overlaps. Charlie is distinct enough from Guile, though, to work I think. Hugo is NOTHING like Gief.

Now THIS is a list of characters I can get behind. Besides Karin I love them all (sorry don't like her playstyle or design at all).

True ParryAll fact: I mained Alex, Q, Elena in 3s and Rolento/Charlie/Guy in Alpha 2. Capcom loves me :)

kiryogi

Banned
On all the bit about someone saying why Mika? Easy. It's one of Onos favorite characters. Tho on the other hand.... Skill absolutely hates her. :lol But who knows how much of a say either gets. XD

hitsugi

kiryogi said:
On all the bit about someone saying why Mika? Easy. It's one of Onos favorite characters. Tho on the other hand.... Skill absolutely hates her. :lol But who knows how much of a say either gets. XD

I just find Karin to be a much more interesting / fun / everything else character.

kiryogi said:
Ono may be the game's producer, but SF is owned by Capcom USA.
I would lol if Seth would try to go over Ono's head due to his proximity

SF DRAMA

(oh god, now i'm speculating about speculation)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'd love some Urien. Without charge partitioning being in the game I could probably dare to try to play him. :3

Shit, anyone from SF3 is welcome really (barring Remy of course). Such an awesome cast of characters.

def sim

gg earlier dbjoseph

caught me off guard with those meaty cr.shorts on wake up. almost no one online knows how to do that and I've been conditioned to OST all day because of it

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
_dementia said:
die in a fire bro, remy rules
I'll give the dude props for being an ironic douche hipster back in the late nineties. But that is pretty much all he has going for him.

Sean or nothing at all.....

Fucking nothing to do without my PS3.....maybe I'll try this "going outside" thing that I've been hearing a lot about.

Brobzoid said:
I'll give the dude props for being an ironic douche hipster back in the late nineties. But that is pretty much all he has going for him.
He's a visual parody of Iori Yagami
SNK struck back with Ash Crimson, who aped Remy's moveset and effeminate looks.

Remy's a fun character to play as though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
_dementia said:
He's a visual parody of Iori Yagami
SNK struck back with Ash Crimson, who aped Remy's moveset and effeminate looks.
Ash Crimson "strikes back" at Remy in about the same way that one would ape Zac Efron by dressing up as a transsexual prostitute.

_dementia said:
die in a fire bro, remy rules

I second this. I loved Remy.

I was just thinking this over in the shower. Yeah, this is a little rediculous to talk about this early, but I'm too pumped to give a shit.

The one thing that could keep Alex from greatness in Super 4 Turbo is his ultras. Stun Gun Head Butt is a total waste, a gimmicky worthless super with no real setups. Hyper Bomb would be good, except it has startup frames, meaning that unless you dedicated an input, you can easily jump out of most setups. You'd most likely have to bait an upclose parry into it, or in Supers case, focus. Not awful I guess, but not great either.

That leaves his only viable super from 3s: SAII. SAII is great because you can combo into it, and it let you build stocks of meter to use for Alex excellent EX moves. Well, most likely this will be Alex's super :/.

Q will absolutely need his kara throw and defense increasing taunt to be viable. Since taunts do nothing in Super, he'll need an "oil up" type move to increase defense. His default stamina should be Gief level and able to be upgraded past T. Hawk level.

Elena just needs to retain her normal set. She has an overhead attack that is safe that basically acts as a poke, will probably be the best range poke in the game outside of c.HP with Rufus. It's safe and overhead. A healing Ultra would be awesome, and I could totally see Brave Dance hitting off an FADC. Spinning beat will be her super. Overall, I can't see her not being solid.

I can see Rolento's two supers translating perfectly into ultras. One is a trip cord which at level 3, goes full screen through fireballs and did hella damage. These types of supers/ultras are commonplace now in Super 4, but this was a first of it's kind back in the day. Outside of that I remember a lot of fun ways to combo into his rekkas (he basically has rekkas except he uses his weapon), and good pokes (c.HP my favorite, so satisfying).

I have no idea how Charlie will translate. In Alpha 2, my whole game revolved around zoning, and landing big combos that often times involved linking from one super combo into the next. Karin, also, no clue how she will translate, but I recall her having Goukenesque parries.

You could combo into Hyper Bomb though
For Super, what about: Slash, FADC, Hyper Bomb (5 hits)

as for Q, maybe close standing MK xx EX High Speed Barrage, FADC Deadly Double
SA1 would be his Super ala Rog
SAIII (Total Destruction) changed into 720 command grab Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom