• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chauncy Talon said:
I had a blast last night. Fun as hell. Players being salty, while eating tacos.

i did too..what i can remember rofl..i cant remember if you got around when i was still semi sober and playing decent

MrMephistoX

Just hope that with all the announcements the arcade release will get at least one or two new stages. Chun Li's alt is godly and Juri's concept art would be fantastic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ronabo said:
Wait a minute. Is that Rambo the same jackass racist motherfucker that is a notorious XBL SSF2T troll?

If so fuck him and you.
What, nooooo! This Rambo is the nicest person on the planet and would never do anything like that. He also plays on PSN iirc.

Gyrian said:
30uagww.jpg

That's one crazy work out routine and some mighty perky breast for a chick that's had 7 kids. :lol

Gr1mLock said:
i did too..what i can remember rofl..i cant remember if you got around when i was still semi sober and playing decent

I had a feeling you was hammered when you started to play as Adon. Adon was so quite. Nothing Jaguar came out of his mouth. Your Sim have potential, you just got drunk and started to rush shit. Sim is a patience character, things will open up for him sooner or later.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chauncy Talon said:
I had a feeling you was hammered when you started to play as Adon. Adon was so quite. Nothing Jaguar came out of his mouth. Your Sim have potential, you just got drunk and started to rush shit. Sim is a patience character, things will open up for him sooner or later.

nah i was the one playing rog..Mel

Ronabo

Yoshichan said:
What, nooooo! This Rambo is the nicest person on the planet and would never do anything like that. He also plays on PSN iirc.

Ok cool. ooxXxRAMBOxXxoo was the gamertag I ran into once.

Good to know you weren't rooting for a jerk like that. :lol

Gr1mLock said:
nah i was the one playing rog..Mel

Let'sssss Dooooooooo it!~!

Uppercut Talon... off the screen.........

OOOOO no.... Mel you had me rolling. 3:30am for some Tacos.. "No salt on my fries, Andre. Please!!!":D

marathonfool said:
Real talk.

DIMPS character design is all-around poor to mediocre with the exception of Abel.

Is it DIMPS or is it Capcom? Wouldn't Capcom be the ones to dictate their vision? And were TVC and MVC3 developed internally or externally?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chauncy Talon said:
Let'sssss Dooooooooo it!~!

Uppercut Talon... off the screen.........

OOOOO no.... Mel you had me rolling. 3:30am for some Tacos.. "No salt on my fries, Andre. Please!!!":D

rofl..it was good times. i figured i lost any sense i had when i started taunting instead of grabbing. Man you guys went IN on andre

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Spiderjericho said:
Is it DIMPS or is it Capcom? Wouldn't Capcom be the ones to dictate their vision? And were TVC and MVC3 developed internally or externally?

DIMPS provided production for SF4 just as Eighting did for TVC. In other words, building models, stages, programming, etc. Capcom and their various internal and contracted artists and musicians handled character design, music, story, and so on.

There's a stubborn mythology that SF4 is a "farm out to an inferior company" as if Capcom just told DIMPS to make a Street Fighter game and turned their back. The irony there is that one reason DIMPS was chosen is they have several staff members who are formerly of Capcom and worked on the original SF2 - SSF2T arcade series. It's the same situation as when Sega contracted Genki to develop Daytona 2001 on the Dreamcast - some of the original hardcore racing staff from AM1-3 had by that point gone to work at Genki including the original Daytona staff.

Gr1mLock said:
rofl..it was good times. i figured i lost any sense i had when i started taunting instead of grabbing. Man you guys went IN on andre

Man, he suppose to playing my teammate and he was gonna cry in the car.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
biosnake20 said:
cody experts:

whats cody's best air to air attack?

Early Jumping Roundhouse is pretty good from my experiences. You can also use Jumping Jab or Short then start a mix up game once they land.

haunts said:
Early Jumping Roundhouse is pretty good from my experiences. You can also use Jumping Jab or Short then start a mix up game once they land.

idk why but roundhouse always gets beatin when i try it but ill try the jab and short

Mikhal

entrement said:
So Min and Arturo are playing their secondaries? :lol Talk about trolling.
Min played Bison the whole way as far as I can tell besides grand finals against Arturo. Arturo played Rose in teams and switched depending on who he fought in singles.

bistromathics said:
game underground? is that game universe in its new form?

edit: well i hear tom in the background :lol
Yep.

entremet

Mikhal said:
Min played Bison the whole way as far as I can tell besides grand finals against Arturo. Arturo played Rose in teams and switched depending on who he fought in singles.

Yep.
I meant for the grand finals. Seems kinda anti climatic.

hitsugi

dragonballjoseph said:
Fought Fubarduck's Ibuki for the first time a moment ago. And to say the least, he is a robot.

That is all.

so is this good or bad.... haven't played a good Ibuki yet but my connection with Fubar is pretty decent from what I remember

By the way, is the 7 character rumor speculation and a lie or is it still considered as a legitimate leak?

I know we have to wait until the TGS but what's the word on it right now?

Hakan's wife is one of the best Street Fighter character designs Capcom has produced is a long time. How do we get her as a playable character?

Gyrian said:
http://i31.tinypic.com/30uagww.jpg[IMG]

Hakan's wife, and one (out of seven) of his daughters.
Yes, that's a Hakan action figure she's holding. :]

[img]http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab215/gyrianseed/micrometaru.gif

Isn't this basically what she looks like in Hakan's ending, though? Only diff is the color of the dress.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
marathonfool said:
I think he's laughing about 5 meters for EX Zonk > Super.
well yea, but its either ex zonk can cancel into super or it can't be fadced. >_>

so its not like its there just as an oversight or joke. lots of ex moves can be super canceled, it just doesnt come up often in a match. :p

I'm practicing my Sakura by playing against my friends. One thing I'm really trying to practice is how to get out of being grabbed as I get up. Is there any good ways to defend against it? I know I can grab counter, but my timing is kind of off. Lyteedge I want to play against you again someday. We played each other in a tournament a long time ago when I was a SF nublet and you schooled me because I didn't really play against anyone your level before.

Plus I was a scrubby flowchart Ken. You said you liked my Dan, but that was just a compliment. I sucked.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DarknessTear said:
I'm practicing my Sakura by playing against my friends. One thing I'm really trying to practice is how to get out of being grabbed as I get up. Is there any good ways to defend against it? I know I can grab counter, but my timing is kind of off. Lyteedge I want to play against you again someday. We played each other in a tournament a long time ago when I was a SF nublet and you schooled me because I didn't really play against anyone your level before.
if you're not confident in your teching, just backdash. it'll usually be your safest option.

hitsugi said:
so is this good or bad.... haven't played a good Ibuki yet but my connection with Fubar is pretty decent from what I remember
Well, he was the first good Ibuki I've ever played. Fell for a lot of frame traps and such. By the time I started to adjust, he beat me.
During the first round, he got me down to 30% clean. But since I don't like my Bison getting perfected, I mashed short like a pro and got him to about 40%. :lol

DarknessTear said:

Plus I was a scrubby flowchart Ken. You said you liked my Dan, but that was just a compliment. I sucked.

You can backdash. Or hold back/downback and throw. Delay it so you'll block if the opponent attacks, but you'll tech if the opponent throws.

Not sure if Sakura has non-throwable reversals. I think most characters have them.

Sblargh

Banned
marathonfool said:
You can backdash. Or hold back/downback and throw. Delay it so you'll block if the opponent attacks, but you'll tech if the opponent throws.

Not sure if Sakura has non-throwable reversals. I think most characters have them.

EX-Shouoken is non-throwable reversal, it is actually a great thing to do if you are sure the opponent will press any button on your wakeup. Of course, if he is just defending, you will be open against every attack possible on the game.

As a more general question, are backdashes in general a safe option on wake up? If the only thing I'm sure of is that he won't jump over me, is backdash a safe bet?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sblargh said:
EX-Shouoken is non-throwable reversal, it is actually a great thing to do if you are sure the opponent will press any button on your wakeup. Of course, if he is just defending, you will be open against every attack possible on the game.

As a more general question, are backdashes in general a safe option on wake up? If the only thing I'm sure of is that he won't jump over me, is backdash a safe bet?
usually. some characters can punish them on prediction, but thats a gamble as you could eat them alive if you just wakeup block.

sakura has a good backdash, it'll usually get you out of trouble.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Sblargh said:

If you got three meter- you can FADC backdash to get out of trouble. Since Sak doesn't rely on Super or EX's as much as the chars I'd use, it's a good option.

arstal said:
If you got three meter- you can FADC backdash to get out of trouble. Since Sak doesn't rely on Super or EX's as much as the chars I'd use, it's a good option.
Sakura actually needs that meter for mix-ups. Although doing block-strings with her tatsu build it up pretty fast.

Sblargh said:
Depends. If a character predicts a backdash, they can punish accordingly.
And pretty much every character can actually option select punishes for backdashes on wake-up. For example, wtih Bison, you can: cr.jab > st.jab~st.roundhouse.
If the opponent backdashes, they'll take a roundhouse to the dome. If not, Bison will do a blockstring.
Backdashing on wake-up in high-level play can more than often be a bad idea because a majority of characters can OS ultra or super.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
arstal said:
2j2ytk0.jpg

fullscreen guile vs guile might burn through ex faster, i guess...
luckily she builds like a champ.

Get my new PS3 and internet back tomorrow! Yay!

This weekend was hell!

Oh, good luck to Kiry, Ploid, and Gyrian in the scrub tourney! Represent dat late night GAFchat crew!!!

Me and Panda give you our pro MOE powers!!!!

<3 and miss you all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom