• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, I need to dig deep and figure out kara throws. I know they are a key to Ken's game, but I can't get them to save my life. :lol

Axis

Kintaro said:
Yeah, I know the motions, but my timing is off. =/

start from a full screen away and just do it as fast as possible(in training, obviously)

it has amazing range

_dementia said:
I think the ranbats were Farms' idea

i know kadey or someone mentioned it as well...it would be a good idea on both systems regardless *shrug*

Ploid 3.0

Kintaro said:
Man, I need to dig deep and figure out kara throws. I know they are a key to Ken's game, but I can't get them to save my life. :lol

Now you play Ken? And where have you been? Xbox?

Kintaro said:

It took me forever to try to figure out how to do it, I play on pad. It's a real pain. Have you tried checking youtube? Surely someone's uploaded video of their hands that you could take a look at?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ploid 3.0 said:
Now you play Ken? And where have you been? Xbox?

:lol I work full time plus part time for a couple of websites so time has been tight lately. So, nah. Not Xbox. No clue why I even keep my Xbox actually.

Anyways, I'm just trying everybody to see what clicks. Maybe learn more about the characters and system. There's just something about this game I can't wrap my head around. Maybe I'm just too slow in my reactions when playing or something. I dunno.

Thanks for the tips on Kara throws guys. I'm going to look around youtube after work for more information then just grind it out.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Totally weird question I found myself trying to test today - how does the arcade interrupt function work when there's 2 players in arcade mode? Y'know, player 2 joins the game arcade-style by hitting start on P2 side. If P1 loses and P2 continues the arcade mode, can P2 then get challenged via arcade interrupt?

Gyrian

MarkMan said:
I love you all.

I'm back at work.

x.x

Wonder what you have in store.
I've gained a deep appreciation for the Arcade Stick over the past couple months.

<3 the Chun Li TE.

micrometaru.gif

Ploid 3.0

Kintaro said:
:lol I work full time plus part time for a couple of websites so time has been tight lately. So, nah. Not Xbox. No clue why I even keep my Xbox actually.

Anyways, I'm just trying everybody to see what clicks. Maybe learn more about the characters and system. There's just something about this game I can't wrap my head around. Maybe I'm just too slow in my reactions when playing or something. I dunno.

Thanks for the tips on Kara throws guys. I'm going to look around youtube after work for more information then just grind it out.

The true goal of this game is making it so you can combo without dropping them (because you will be countered, especially against a DP character) constantly, block strings, more combos to keep up the pressure, and to be able to fadc as easily as blinking your eyes. Too bad combos in this game is so hard to nail, looking forward to Tekken X Street Fighter! I could at least get those down at a better rate (Sergei Dragunov!).

dankir

Today my close friend of nearly 20 years, my buddy, my SFIV partner for the past year and a half was found drowned in a lake outside of Montreal.

I would play SFIV and Super with him for hours upon hours daily especially the release of super. He taught me so much about this game and we learned together. He was one hell of a player.

I can't bear the thought of never playing with him again, so today I say good bye Street Fighter. I'm putting away this game for good.

Goodbye my friend, I miss you dearly.May you rest in peace.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100726/mtl_missing_mand_100726/20100726/?hub=MontrealHome

h3ro

dankir said:
Today my close friend of nearly 20 years, my buddy, my SFIV partner for the past year and a half was found drowned in a lake outside of Montreal.

I would play SFIV and Super with him for hours upon hours daily especially the release of super. He taught me so much about this game and we learned together. He was one hell of a player.

I can't bear the thought of never playing with him again, so today I say good bye Street Fighter. I'm putting away this game for good.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100726/mtl_missing_mand_100726/20100726/?hub=MontrealHome

Sorry for your loss, friend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm sorry man...

Gyrian

dankir said:

Damn, that's terrible. Sorry for your loss.

micrometaru.gif

eissan

dankir said:

RIP, sorry for your loss :(.

dankir said:

:( Sorry for your loss comrade

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
dankir said:

Damn man, that sucks. Can't imagine being in your shoes. Condolences.

AZ Greg

Sorry for your loss dankir. I can relate to what you're going through. Lost my best friend, and videogame buddy, a few years back. Hopefully with time you'll be able to come back to the game as it'll help you with remembering some of the good times. Stay strong. :(

Blueblur1

dankir said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know what it feels like to lose one of your closest friends. You have my condolences, dankir.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ranbats will start this Fall if everything goes smoothly with other things. Oct to end of the year sounds like a good time frame.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Dankir. It sounds like a terrible loss and a tragedy. But during his life, he brought joy, companionship, rivalry and support to you.

Kadey said:
My new job is to hunt down all Gief flowcharts and make them cry with Seth.

I really did not think it would fill up yet alone this fast.

:lol :lol :lol

Your new avatar makes me crack up all the time. Very clever.
Daigo srk'ing the cat :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey likes me. You guys are jealous.

Also.

Chun-Li TE "S" FightStick comes out in early Sept.

I want to do a NeoGAF only contest. Any ideas on how we should coordinate one? A creative contest? Random?

Tourney?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Most awesome thing performed by someone in a match, voted on by GAF members?

Iuno. Or a tourney or something would be good too.

I hate the "draw this and this" contests because I can't draw :(

MarkMan said:

Also.

I want to do a NeoGAF only contest. Any ideas on how we should coordinate one? A creative contest? Random?

Tourney?

Could it at least be something that would allow almost everybody to participate. The drawing or writing thing requires actual talent, something most of us don't have including me :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marky and Kuma in Rush Hour 4. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And what the hell at the Metsu Hadouken going through the flaming barbie girl kick?
ryuken.gif

MarkMan said:

Also.

Tourney?

Chun-li only tourney :D

Or best Chun cosplay. Can be fun/disgusting

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ultras are bizarre. I think I should make a video of all the funky stuff that's happened to me.
Crossup EX Tatsu a Metsu Shoryuken, Akuma U2 Metsu Shoryuken, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom