• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I finally ordered this for my 360 - tired of waiting for PC version. I am also getting the Prima guide with it (lolz) - I really want to get better in this game(s). Looking forward to some matches with casual gaf :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
500x_newjuri-300x283.jpg

wtf :lol

Resilient

Ugh. Worst match up definitely has to be against Balrog. I am completely hopeless when I fight him. What can I do against him as a Ken? He owns the match for 3 rounds while I sit there like an idiot.

bluebird said:
Ugh. Worst match up definitely has to be against Balrog. I am completely hopeless when I fight him. What can I do against him as a Ken? He owns the match for 3 rounds while I sit there like an idiot.

I find that crouching long is the most annoying thing for Balrog to deal with.

Also crossing him up a whole lot will cause him to lose charge.

Most Balrogs attempt full screen dash punches etc, you should be about to srk all on reaction. You can fierce srk a blocked dash punch as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
XenoRaven said:
I feel like red hood/scarf Cammy is a reference to something that I should recognize, but I don't know what it is.

The Thief character from Dungeons & Dragons. It seems like they modified it a bit and ended up giving that alt to Rose instead.

2w52047.jpg

2h7m78g.jpg

Gr1mLock said:
we got another stream goin tonight http://www.justin.tv/gamernook. im not playing at the moment but anyone that wants to can ask in the stream and lincoln will send you an invite.

Damn. I was at work. It's funny because OMGitzAndre made a big fuss over that stuff. I was lieing my ass off about how we watch films on him. I'm just sad that I cannot take his money in C-Bus Bar Battles 3. My girlfriend having knee surgery on the August 9 and she will be out for 4 to 6 weeks. The event is August 22. :-/

LakeEarth

arstal said:
If you got three meter- you can FADC backdash to get out of trouble. Since Sak doesn't rely on Super or EX's as much as the chars I'd use, it's a good option.
At least when I play her, her entire game revolves around her EX Hurricane kick.

sajj316

fighter Seth again on Very Hard in Super SSIV and was reminded of how I almost broke my controler playing SSIV and fighting him/it. Do you guys think he is more or less difficult?

I have never been this angry at a video game character in my life

.. kind of enjoy the difficulty ...

Novid

Banned
dankir said:
damn some of those Chun Li outfits are pretty hot
O_O

Any broads wanna cosplay that shit?

They wouldnt look good in them and besides, if they gonna cosplay they need the right materials lol.

ANYwho - trying to get back on the swing of things (the heat has been a killer) and all of this consept art - im pissed they didnt use some (Strider Guy... WHY CAPCOM WHY?) But happy they didnt use others. Strange the wanted more MMA looks even despite the fact DREAM isnt selling and SSF4 wasnt promoted as such on UFC PPV's (Bayonetta was)...

Ono, being connected to the Dojinboys (my phrase for you know what and where and who aka, eroge game) is shameless to the fanboys pandering. Makoto only good one from the consepts were the first on the left but needed much longer skirt. The rest were from ok to err...

The newer costumes though? Its a wait and see. The newer charaters though - I know one is Mika. It has to be. Ono already admited to such on Comic Con. (Even though he didnt say it outright)

Looking at Flash's Makoto and i realise that even if gonna use her i gonna have to get a stick in the future. Those Fake outs are a-fucking amazing.

SupaNaab

sajj316 said:
fighter Seth again on Very Hard in Super SSIV and was reminded of how I almost broke my controler playing SSIV and fighting him/it.

I may be wrong but I find that the CPU is very reactionary to the point of being very unfair. So in the harder settings you need to remember that mindgames (like resets) don't work and to play defensively. You can clear every character on hardest if you know how to block and learn a punish combo.

Specifically for Seth when the round starts do not press any buttons until the absolute start of the match (ie. don't hold upforward). This is because the computer begins analyzing your inputs about 2s before the FIGHT! appears. So immediately after the FIGHT! appears jump towards Seth and perform a jumpin combo that knocksdown. About 80% of the time he opens with st.HP or the black tandem move otherwise he will jump back (in which case you can probably jump in again) either way you need to knock him down. Once hes knocked down you wanna position yourself just outside of grab range, this kinda mindfucks the CPU into performing usually unsafe moves on block (mostly qcb+k). If you're too far he will st.HP, if you're too close he will command grab you. Just keep punishing him with your longest range knockdown and keep trying to stay just outside of that grab range. If he teleports you're probably gonna eat a command grab but try to spam jab to counter it. Sometimes he does dash then command grab :| Not much you can do it about it.

Ledsen

sajj316 said:
fighter Seth again on Very Hard in Super SSIV and was reminded of how I almost broke my controler playing SSIV and fighting him/it. Do you guys think he is more or less difficult?

Since all characters are unlocked from the beginning, I doubt anyone here has played single player :lol Maybe if there are achievments tied to it?

Myomoto

sajj316 said:

Play it on hardest. You'll unlock a title for the character you beat him with. I did it for all characters, it takes a while, but I feel like Seth is a lot more fair in this game.

Yeah, Seth's definitely a lot easier this time around. You can stand about 1 and half characters away from him, and he'll repeatedly throw out his st.HP. Eventually he'll try to do his lighting legs move and you can easily punish on block. If you have the rounds set to 30 seconds, the chore of beating the game with everyone is still grindy, but not as bad as vanilla.

sajj316 said:

Pick Zangief, mash Lariat, laugh at AI, profit.

hitsugi

sajj316 said:

CPU Seth is free as fuck. Start the match off with jump in HK into whatever combo, then go from there. Maybe I've just beat the CPU too many times from vanilla-now, but he starts almost every fight off with a far s.HP or a sonic boom.

just like if Rose has meter she'll start almost every round with ex fireball, and honda will always ex headbutt (any time in the round) if he has meter and some distance, etc..

sajj316

sajj316 said:
fighting Seth again on Very Hard in SSFIV and was reminded of how I almost broke my controler playing SSIV and fighting him/it. Do you guys think he is more or less difficult?

Thx for the feedback guys! You would think that fighting someone like him 100x would improve the multi player skills. Seems he is too much of a cheap character read his moves even if the first move is predictable.

<EDITS> ... "fighting Seth" and "in SSFIV" </EDITS> ... thinking faster than I type.

LosDaddie

Banned
Ledsen said:
Since all characters are unlocked from the beginning, I doubt anyone here has played single player :lol Maybe if there are achievments tied to it?

There are, but I can't finish even one Arcade match with REQ on without someone challenging me. So no Achievements for me yet.

riceandbeans said:
Pick Zangief, mash Lariat, laugh at AI, profit.

Does that still work in SUPER? What about spamming HK?

YakiSOBA

Anyone from Toronto here? I was at pacific mall this weekend and saw 2 SF4 units... this 1 guy was just demolishing everyone, but he definitely wasn't anything special (probably because.. this was in pacific mall lol)...

The guy was playing as sagat (SF4 vanilla) and was just killing everyone with fireballs and tiger knees...

I jump in as Ryu and go on to perfect him 2x both with easy srk+fadc+ultra... eyes and jaws dropped all around and I got to feel like a Daigo for a bit, even though I get demolished every night on PSN and have <500 pp and bp LOL!!

Rocky_Balboa said:
Spirit of Jazz and WiseBlade, Good games today. Dee Jay got whooped badly a few times. :D

Against Rose he's more like Freejay man :D Good games, though the Balrog comeback you pulled was just soul-crushingly unnecessary.

Also hats off to Wise for producing some of the weirdest sounds ever heard in a SF lobby.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Anyone play gief? I need to figure out if Makoto's cr.hk is as gdlk against gief as it's seemed the past few days :lol

Man I wish I saved that one match I had recently against a 7k gief where I killed him with nothing but cr.hk.

LosDaddie said:
There are, but I can't finish even one Arcade match with REQ on without . So no Achievements for me yet.

Does that still work in SUPER? What about spamming HK?

Spamming Lariat doesn't work as well as it did in Vanilla, but it still works. In Vanilla the CPU would get overzealous with Focus Attacks, but not so much anymore in Super.

If the character you're trying to go through wish has a command throw, you can pretty much do it over and over again to the computer as they're waking up.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I find that crouching long is the most annoying thing for Balrog to deal with.

Also crossing him up a whole lot will cause him to lose charge.

Most Balrogs attempt full screen dash punches etc, you should be about to srk all on reaction. You can fierce srk a blocked dash punch as well.

Let me tell you why you have to be more specific with this advice: because if you block a Rog dash punch where it hits with the tip of the glove and you try to uppercut it, you'll eat a nice combo. The only way you'll get to uppercut a blocked dash punch is if he somehow flubs a combo or is foolish enough to do one into you.
Fullscreen dash punch? Kind of foolish but most characters get to do what they want.

But anyway, in my opinion, you should work on the timing to throw him out of dash punches, that way you force him into untechable knockdown and you can work your magic on his subpar wake up game. Cross him up to make him lose back charge and remember that lows can stuff the startup of (non-ex?) headbutts.

Wiseblade

Rocky_Balboa said:
Spirit of Jazz and WiseBlade, Good games today. Dee Jay got whooped badly a few times. :D

Yeah, GG.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Against Rose he's more like Freejay man :D Good games, though the Balrog comeback you pulled was just soul-crushingly unnecessary.

Also hats off to Wise for producing some of the weirdest sounds ever heard in a SF lobby.

Frustration can do strange things to a man. :lol

Next time we need to get MicVlaD and Corky (if he's recovered) in the lobby. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom