• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Ultras are bizarre. I think I should make a video of all the funky stuff that's happened to me.
Crossup EX Tatsu a Metsu Shoryuken, Akuma U2 Metsu Shoryuken, etc.

I whiffed an Akuma U2 over Ryu's head after he landed from a whiffed metsu shoryu.... felt so stupid for relying on that ultra

MarkMan said:
Kadey likes me. You guys are jealous.

Also.

Chun-Li TE "S" FightStick comes out in early Sept.

I want to do a NeoGAF only contest. Any ideas on how we should coordinate one? A creative contest? Random?

Tourney?

#1 Whoever can do the best Chun Li taunt impression.

#2 All Dan tournament for both consoles. May the best Dan win.

Kinda dissapointed the scrub tournament is PS3 only. Hopefully, it's something the whole community can participate in and won't console-lock people out.

A Chun-Only tourney is actually a great idea. Kind of like how the number 1 Ken got a cowboy hat at EVO.
Kadey said:
Ultras are bizarre. I think I should make a video of all the funky stuff that's happened to me.
Crossup EX Tatsu a Metsu Shoryuken, Akuma U2 Metsu Shoryuken, etc.
-If you do Ryu's and Ken's DP Ultras at the same time, they go behind one another
-Dudley's rose stops Bison' U2.

And I think I've finally mastered my combos with Sakura. Pulled of some Seth stunners very consistantly. ^_^

Parham

Banned
What is the best website for someone who is relatively new to the game and wants to learn how to play at an intermediate level?

dragonballjoseph said:
A Chun-Only tourney is actually a great idea. Kind of like how the number 1 Ken got a cowboy hat at EVO.

Bah. I hate mirror matches. It's like other Chun Li's are in my head and know exactly what I'm gonna do. But it does make sense.

azentium said:
What is the best website for someone who is relatively new to the game and wants to learn how to play at an intermediate level?

GAF and Shoryuken forums.

Use GAF to find partners so you can spar and learn. Shoryuken is good for learning tips, moves, situations, etc.

AZ Greg

Any interest in a late night GAF XBL endless? If at least a couple of people are interested I'll launch a room and shoot out the invites.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
riceandbeans said:
Bah. I hate mirror matches. It's like other Chun Li's are in my head and know exactly what I'm gonna do. But it does make sense.
thats because all chuns are flowchart zoners who dont know what to do when they have to apply pressure.

riceandbeans said:
Chun mirrors is actually one of the very, very, very few mirror matches that are decent enough to be interesting.

Because if it was a Bison stick instead, I would not enter (yes I would) because Bison mirrors are horrid.
hondamirrormatch.gif

Pandaman said:
thats because all chuns are flowchart zoners who dont know what to do when they have to apply pressure.

I wouldn't go that far unless your indirectly making fun of my game. Maybe it differs per console, but a lot Chun Li's I've faced have had fearless offenses (Cutieofthemonth makes me weep) and know what their doing, then go on to destroy my turtle/poking Chun with some nasty cross up games.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Chun Li mirrors is the worst thing that has happened to humanity since... who knows when. God damn I hate those. And I usually lose them as well for no reason at all :lol Probably because they stay away too much and I go super saiyan on them.

Chun is offensive people, please. Get it!

Parham

Banned
riceandbeans said:
GAF and Shoryuken forums.

Use GAF to find partners so you can spar and learn. Shoryuken is good for learning tips, moves, situations, etc.
DigiMish said:
beginner, intermediate, pro : http://shoryuken.com/forum/
Thanks guys. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is the best fighting stick I can buy for around $50? I know I'm not exactly going to find a quality fighting stick at that price, but I would at least like to get one so that I can get accustomed to playing with that control method.

vulva

dankir said:
Today my close friend of nearly 20 years, my buddy, my SFIV partner for the past year and a half was found drowned in a lake outside of Montreal.

I would play SFIV and Super with him for hours upon hours daily especially the release of super. He taught me so much about this game and we learned together. He was one hell of a player.

I can't bear the thought of never playing with him again, so today I say good bye Street Fighter. I'm putting away this game for good.

Goodbye my friend, I miss you dearly.May you rest in peace.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100726/mtl_missing_mand_100726/20100726/?hub=MontrealHome
jesus man, my thoughts are with you and his family. So very sorry to hear =(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Feet > Hands.

goukivsryu.gif

TimeKillr

LakeEarth said:
Yup GG. I wasn't myself either. Funny that your message was "I want to see your Makoto", cause my Makoto is really bad :lol

Well I dunno, I ran into your Makoto in ranked, so I figured.... lol

I hate lag. I was missing all sorts of things with Abel - I never landed my reset once. :(

Also yay random ultra. :) Wakeup ultra because I get a feeling you're gonna be throwing looks sooooooooooo damn bad. :)

Q: How can a player have 10,000 BP, 3500PP yet seemingly not know how to use his ultra and get caught by two badly executed ultras in one game?

A: They play Blanka

TimeKillr

APZonerunner said:
Q: How can a player have 10,000 BP, 3500PP yet seemingly not know how to use his ultra and get caught by two badly executed ultras in one game?

A: They play Blanka

I played a
Blanka
last night who did absolutely NOTHING but
horizontal balls
. Literally ONLY that move the entire fight.

Sometimes he did an EX version, thinking I couldn't c.mp him out of it. He had like 4k pp. Made absolutely no sense.

Pandaman said:

lolwat

I have the same issue with mirror matches with Dictator in SSFIV and any character in any game I play. :/

simtmb

Been going through the trials, thought I'd go for the finish, but here i am, stuck at 99.52% :lol

All done except for:
C.Viper (22,23,24): Haven't attempted them, but confident on 22+23.

and...

Dan: Trial 23.
This one seems to be my hardest...i just can't do it at all!
Can never get the EX Air Dankukyaku to land properly, i land it occasionally, but not good enough to get the Ultra 2 in.

Driving me insane but I'm gonna keep at it all night. :D

derFeef

Speaking of trials, newbie question. If you can not finish them, or maybe just up to part 4 or 5 (like me) - is this bad? I am going to pull the harder combos off eventually, but I am not seeing me to use them in a real fight, as they are just too hard (or I can not remember them)

Can you be a good player with the "basic" combos?

derFeef said:
Speaking of trials, newbie question. If you can not finish them, or maybe just up to part 4 or 5 (like me) - is this bad? I am going to pull the harder combos off eventually, but I am not seeing me to use them in a real fight, as they are just too hard (or I can not remember them)

Can you be a good player with the "basic" combos?

Trial combos are just that, they're generally impractical and a waster of meter. In actual matches, decide which combos you use based on damage output/positioning, you shouldn't have to pull off anything too complicated.

Is there anything I can do with Ryu when Abel rolls?

My friend tends to do it twice in a row to get behind me....and I'm confused it there is something that can stop the roll.

Thank you.

bigmit3737 said:
Is there anything I can do with Ryu when Abel rolls?

My friend tends to do it twice in a row to get behind me....and I'm confused it there is something that can stop the roll.

Thank you.
I thought u werent playing? :p

Gyrian

Myomoto said:

Great video, really well put together. :]
Gets the gears grinding on whether you would actually dare to use taunts to evade some moves in actual play.
Or, with Dudley's rose, tackle more risky shenanigans. <3

For the Chun Li stick contest, here's a suggestion that includes both Live and PSN.

Run two small tourneys, one over each system, @ 5 rounds.
Track a point system based on rounds won and compare the Live winner vs. the PSN winner.

In the event of a tie, both players must go on a sudden death endless battle (using Chun Li) against an assortment of their former tourney participants.
Whoever gets farthest, gets the stick. :]

micrometaru.gif

LakeEarth

TimeKillr said:
Well I dunno, I ran into your Makoto in ranked, so I figured.... lol

I hate lag. I was missing all sorts of things with Abel - I never landed my reset once. :(

Also yay random ultra. :) Wakeup ultra because I get a feeling you're gonna be throwing looks sooooooooooo damn bad. :)
I was just trying to level her up.

And the lag wasn't that bad, but I was about to throw my controller due to how many times I didn't react right to blocked CoD into tornado throw.

And IMO the ultra of the night was Rufus punishing your attempt at a wheelkick chip win, mwahahaha!

TimeKillr

LakeEarth said:
I was just trying to level her up.

And the lag wasn't that bad, but I was about to throw my controller due to how many times I didn't react right to blocked CoD into tornado throw.

And IMO the ultra of the night was Rufus punishing your attempt at a wheelkick chip win, mwahahaha!

Yeah that was so god damn clutch :) I was hoping it would at least trade, but NOOOOOOOOOO :lol

And yeah, blocked cod into TT is crap, but a ton of people fall for it. CoD is so easy to punish too :)

The lag wasn't THAT bad, but I'm not used to playing online anymore, so I do all of my stuff a bit too early. Screws up anything with tight timing :(

Stuneseht

Leunam

TimeKillr said:
And yeah, blocked cod into TT is crap, but a ton of people fall for it. CoD is so easy to punish too :)

I was surprised when people at EVO were saying it was a new setup or reset or whatever. I've been doing that crap for the longest time and am actually doing it less and less.

bigmit3737 said:
So I can throw Abel when he rolls. Thank you.

If you think he's going to stop right in front of you, you can also dragon punch during his recovery.

derFeef

Holy Order Sol said:
Trial combos are just that, they're generally impractical and a waster of meter. In actual matches, decide which combos you use based on damage output/positioning, you shouldn't have to pull off anything to complicated.
Ah that´s good to know, thanks.

TimeKillr

Leunam said:
I was surprised when people at EVO were saying it was a new setup or reset or whatever. I've been doing that crap for the longest time and am actually doing it less and less.

LOL I don't see how it could be a setup at all! None of the 3 versions are safe on block, so I don't see how it could be that good.

Reminds me most people have no clue how to play Abel, much less fight him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom