• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Hitokage said:
I'd like Evil Ryu better if he were actually Evil Ryu and not Zombie Ryu.

Yeah, that's actually kinda what I'm feeling. I think he looks cool but I don't know if hes "Evil" per se.

I like Oni's look more except for his face, it's pretty strange.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I was just playing some player matches online and in the middle of a round my 360 controller dies on me. I'm shuffling to grab my other controller that I play Halo with and I notice the guy just wailing on me taking the rounds while I'm just standing there. LOL, it was pretty funny. I put in my busted ass Halo controller and I can't do quick wake ups with it, throws, throw techs and a bunch of other shit. I still almost won but it was pretty damn funny that he couldn't wait 30 seconds for me to get my shit together.

Threi

notag
whether or not wolfkrone should have taken the match is up to their discretion. Rules are rules. If you are trying to hold a professional tournament, then you should follow the rules, if it is just casual, then I don't see why they can't be waived on a case-by-case basis for "bros".

On the other stream marn basically did whatever the fuck he felt like (pausing, changing characters on HIS win, going to button config at the end of the round as a taunt when he lost, then subsequently pausing again to reconfigure his controller). What did the tourney organizers do about this? Absolutely nothing.

What I did find amusing though, was that while it got inflated so much, wolfkrone barely said a thing. Dude wasn't the one that got up and taunted, dude wasn't the one who subsequently talked shit the whole time after (smh Justin Wong, shut the fuck up), he just played his matches and when he did lose he just got up and left.

All in all it's not really that big a deal to get worked up over, and calling wolfkrone a bitch over it while he's silent playing out the rest of his matches just shows how juvenile you are.

But of course ITS THE TOURNEY SCENE DUDE IT'S JUST HOW PEOPLE ARE YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT

I'd put money on krone over flash in a ft10

Satyamdas

Banned
gutabo said:
SATYYYYY!!! Nice avatar! <3 sasquatch!
Yes Guty! I always knew you were a man of impeccable taste! <3 Squatch for life!

And for those that hate?
SasquatchAnimation.gif

hitsugi

LeMaximilian said:
Played Evil Ryu once tonight, got like a 5 game winstreak. He seems alright, but not incredibly interesting. Overall felt like a worse version of Akuma. His new axe kick move seems like total crap, could never find a use for it yet.

Although, his walkspeed seemed pretty good. Burning 3 meters for low forward FADC U2 is cool n all, but I feel like he really needed an air fireball. At least that U2 looks badass as hell.

Yup. Basically an even less solid version of Akuma.. would require an entirely different playstyle to be effective and as usual - Evil Ryu ends up feeling weird as hell (see CVS2 evil ryu for a prior example of weirdness)

At least Oni is pretty interesting though

BitchTits

Is there any reason to even believe there are still more characters to come? Everything so far has been announced/leaked way in advance of them actually showing up in the released game.

fuck it man.....no more Chun Li for me!! I have a small gash on my middle finger from abusing her cr.fp-->hk legs with the slide technique. It hurts a lot, lol.

I can piano easily with Honda and Blanka....but I can never consistently piano her cr.fp -> legs. Ugh.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
fuck it man.....no more Chun Li for me!! I have a small gash on my middle finger from abusing her cr.fp-->hk legs with the slide technique. It hurts a lot, lol.

I can piano easily with Honda and Blanka....but I can never consistently piano her cr.fp -> legs. Ugh.
Have you tried the cr hp + mk, hk, mk, lk, hk method? You have to practice to use it so you're not focusing or taunting on accident, but it seems to be the best method. Sliding has always seemed like cheating to me. Though I wasn't aware it could cause injury.

Imm0rt4l

If I were Krone, I wouldn't have taken the win. It's hard to tell whether flash got up simply to troll or whatever, but the pause itself was clearly an accident.

Sucks to see that Capcom got Jr Rodriguez youtube channel terminated.

XenoRaven said:
Have you tried the cr hp + mk, hk, mk, lk, hk method? You have to practice to use it so you're not focusing or taunting on accident, but it seems to be the best method. Sliding has always seemed like cheating to me. Though I wasn't aware it could cause injury.

I never tried that, thanks!! I guess I should get off my butt and just learn it that way :)

Most people who slide wear a glove...I didn't :-/

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
I never tried that, thanks!! I guess I should get off my butt and just learn it that way :)

Most people who slide wear a glove...I didn't :-/
I believe that's the method Desk uses. Watch him break down his crazy Chun combo and he shows his hands.

hitsugi

MiniBossBattle said:
I am confused. Was the Evil Ryu and OniKuma not supposed to be released right now?
They were to be unlocked via a code provided by Capcom at a set date. AI obtained the code, rest is now history.

MiniBossBattle said:
I am confused. Was the Evil Ryu and OniKuma not supposed to be released right now?
They were supposed to be released in May.
According to AkumaHokoru, Chinese hackers were able to reverse engineer the unlock code, and it spread over the internet.

_dementia said:
They were supposed to be released in May.
According to AkumaHokoru, Chinese hackers were able to reverse engineer the unlock code, and it spread over the internet.

Oh my. Kinda neat that Capcom is really supporting their arcade cabinets in a unique way. I hope it won't deter them from doing this type of delivery system in the future.

MiniBossBattle said:
Oh my. Kinda neat that Capcom is really supporting their arcade cabinets in a unique way. I hope it won't deter them from doing this type of delivery system in the future.
I believe it is a throwback to older games. SFA3 had a code to unlock characters in addition to the traditional time release.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I believe this match is penance for the bullshit the rest of the cast have to put up with against Abel. Though Shiro seems to play it rather daring; so many tornado throws and going for meaty normals on resets.
To be fair, tornado grabs beat all other grabs. Ultimate demoralizer is inputting the command right before an anticipated Gief ultra flash.

Dexa

Banned
played sf again for the evening .... still unbelievable how capcom failed to balance the game (yes i´m talking to you online shoto lamers)

hitsugi

_dementia said:
I believe it is a throwback to older games. SFA3 had a code to unlock characters in addition to the traditional time release.
CVS1 also had code unlocked characters.

but honestly, people wanted it now and didn't want to wait for another mysterious cool release trailer showcasing their specials, etc.

XenoRaven said:
I believe that's the method Desk uses. Watch him break down his crazy Chun combo and he shows his hands.

time to hit training mode tonight :)

been a while since I used Chun for realz....so learning a new input will maybe make it more interesting for me

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
time to hit training mode tonight :)

been a while since I used Chun for realz....so learning a new input will maybe make it more interesting for me
I expect you to be able to do her infinite on me next time we play.

Dexa said:
played sf again for the evening .... still unbelievable how capcom failed to balance the game (yes i´m talking to you online shoto lamers)
i'm not sure i agree with this. online shoto lamers represent the bulk of my (relatively small amount of) wins.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dexa said:

But shotos are usually the easiest to beat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom