• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPARSTARX said:
Got home from Chinatown Fair. Evil Ryu's mad overrated.

Ever since people got there hands on the game, most top players have been saying he's not that good. So I don't see how he can be overrated. From the looks of it he'll probably be in the same tier as normal Ryu, maybe only slightly higher. But still, we don't know the full potential of both characters yet. So maybe we can be surprised in the coming weeks/months. But I doubt the stance on Evil Ryu's will change, while maybe Oni might have some potential just because he's not the typical Shoto.

Caj814 said:
My Noobuki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284l52jAjI4

Pretty much winging at the moment until I really sit down and look over everything on the ibuki boards.

Only thing I can tell you regarding combos:

-in the corner after ex tsumuji, do a dp instead of raida because it does more damage.
-you can combo off of the overhead with forward lk into tsumuji. It's great for a blockstring or doing damage off of the overhead
-Also it is better to use neckbreaker instead of tsumuji after a st.mk because it puts you in perfect distance for a mix up and does more damage. Of course, AE changes things and in AE I would rather do a tsumuji instead of neckbreaker.

Probably late, but I just noticed Evil Ryu has red hair like his SF1 counterpart.

Anyway, question regarding Claw. Is it possible to link is backflip attack into EX Walljump, or can you only do another EX backflip afterward? Also, can you link his Ultra 2 into anything other than a focus attack?

HiResDes

Can't wait to hear about the changes to Dictator, in which I'm hoping there are little to none as I feel really good about my Dic right now, pun halfway intended

Caj814 said:
My Noobuki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284l52jAjI4

Pretty much winging at the moment until I really sit down and look over everything on the ibuki boards.

Nice! You've got way better fundamentals than I do, but I might have something to say of value. Maybe.

You're hitting the link from c. LP into st. MK pretty consistently, but you'd probably end up at 100% if you did c. LP, c. LP, st. LP, st. MK xx whatever you want instead. A lot of the cast won't get hit by the st. LP if their in a crouch. In that case, going with c. LP, c. LP, st. LK xx st. MK xx whatever should get the job done. This should work on everyone, but the st. LP -> st. MK link is too easy not to be taking advantage of. You can be confident enough in it that you're willing to cancel into Neckbreaker instead of the safer Tsumuji.

You'll get accustomed to the timing needed to make the wakeup kunai's as ambiguous as you can. Be sure to mix it up between regular jumps and super jumps to give your opponent a different look, and remember to just go for a standard jump-in once in a while. Ibuki has so many tools and so much shit going on that it's unfortunately easy to begin neglecting some of her tools.

Not sure he's a popular choice, but I like watching this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevilJin01

He's a great 3S Ibuki player. He loses a lot in the vids he posts, but he's a good source for inspiration in mixing up different approaches on your opponent's wake up. Good for stirring up some creativity.

And if anyone hasn't seen MoTempest play, you should check him out. Very inspirational stuff for Ibuki players.

In fact, I'm pretty much only posting because I saw this earlier (feel free to skip to 1:20 for the ridiculous bits):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6jXrQjx9sY

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
why won't this game let me go over 3k PP

4 times today i've gotten 1 round away...and then lost a bunch

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING GAME HATE ME

Even I have more than 3K o.0.

Btw I need to get back to GAF Chat.... =P

Okay I just saw Oni's command normal cancelling out 1-hit fireballs that LI Joe mentioned on the TS stream.
As hypothesized basically it had projectile properties just like DJ MGU or Twin Palm, or AE EX Rekka.
As expected, it doesn't build meter. I wonder what uses it'll have.

Rubashov

abstract alien said:
Anyway, question regarding Claw. Is it possible to link is backflip attack into EX Walljump, or can you only do another EX backflip afterward? Also, can you link his Ultra 2 into anything other than a focus attack?
I believe you can only juggle with another EX flipkick after an LK one. You can also combo 2 together if the first is an anti-air, but it's still just 2 kicks.

Ultra 2 can be combo'd from an anti-air cosmic heel (df. HK) at the right height, but it's tight. It's one of his trials. You can also link the ultra from a very very late and low jumpin HP (basically hitting your opponents ankles), but that link may be even tighter, and near impossible to hit confirm.

USD

_dementia said:
Okay I just saw Oni's command normal cancelling out 1-hit fireballs that LI Joe mentioned on the TS stream.
As hypothesized basically it had projectile properties just like DJ MGU or Twin Palm, or AE EX Rekka.
EX Rekka has always had this property, though its usefulness is suspect. You have to have a good read and proper spacing to be able to cancel out a fireball with the first Rekka and then land the last two.

I never actually thought about the reverse situation though, with projectile-invincible moves beating EX Rekka. Probably because most of the times I've used EX Rekka in Super, it's been an accident.

Rubashov said:
I believe you can only juggle with another EX flipkick after an LK one. You can also combo 2 together if the first is an anti-air, but it's still just 2 kicks.

Ultra 2 can be combo'd from an anti-air cosmic heel (df. HK) at the right height, but it's tight. It's one of his trials. You can also link the ultra from a very very late and low jumpin HP (basically hitting your opponents ankles), but that link may be even tighter, and near impossible to hit confirm.
Yikes...guess I have some practicing to do. Thanks :^)

LakeEarth

abstract alien said:
Yikes...guess I have some practicing to do. Thanks :^)
I wouldn't bother focusing on comboing his ultra. It's not something you see high level Vega players do often. It is a good antiair though.

Rubashov

LakeEarth said:
I wouldn't bother focusing on comboing his ultra. It's not something you see high level Vega players do often. It is a good antiair though.
Agreed. The opportunities to combo into it are too rare. But if you're primed to pull the trigger on it as anti-air, you're good for using it at least once a match.

Anyone going to CEO 2011 June 10-12? Spiderjericho?
It's part of the Evo 20011 season or whatever, so top placers will also get seeded at Evo.

Rocwell

USD said:
EX Rekka has always had this property, though its usefulness is suspect. You have to have a good read and proper spacing to be able to cancel out a fireball with the first Rekka and then land the last two.

I never actually though about the reverse situation though, with projectile-invincible moves beating EX Rekka. Probably because most of the times I've used EX Rekka in Super, it's been an accident.
Ex chickenwing is just better for punishing fireballs in every way, it travels farther, it comes out faster than the second rekka, you can combo for more damage, it bypasses multi-hitting fireballs too. And I guess it will beat other normal/special moves with projectile properties too, like ex rekkas. Ex chickenwing literally beats ex rekkas. :lol

esbern

Could any Mak players help me understand how Flash Metroid is going to play her as more of a turtle character? What in her toolset allows this to be possible? Does she just stay back and oroshi/s.mp/axe kick and then move in when the opponent messes up?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
esbern said:
Could any Mak players help me understand how Flash Metroid is going to play her as more of a turtle character? What in her toolset allows this to be possible? Does she just stay back and oroshi/s.mp/axe kick and then move in when the opponent messes up?
Its can be very tough to get in Makoto, she already has great AAs now better, better ex hayate, faster U2, and now even better dashes.

i can see that.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Rice-Eater said:
Ever since people got there hands on the game, most top players have been saying he's not that good. So I don't see how he can be overrated. From the looks of it he'll probably be in the same tier as normal Ryu, maybe only slightly higher. But still, we don't know the full potential of both characters yet. So maybe we can be surprised in the coming weeks/months. But I doubt the stance on Evil Ryu's will change, while maybe Oni might have some potential just because he's not the typical Shoto.

Guarantee you he's going to be 90% of the online players once this hits consoles...

esbern

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Its can be very tough to get in Makoto, she already has great AAs now better, better ex hayate, faster U2, and now even better dashes.

i can see that.

any examples of mak players who do this? flash kinda took viper, who everyone thought was rushdown, and turned her into a zoning character so its not that particularly surprising to see him try it with mak.

CaptainMintMan said:
So, mad random but when and who is going to OP the MvC3 thread? :3
I don't know, and no one has officially claimed in the most recent MvC3 thread. I could help out with banners and such if you're making it.

Threi

notag
cHaotix8 said:
I honestly think she'll be just as scary once people get her down. She already ties for the second fastest walk speed in the game. I'm seriously considering making her a secondary character along with Yun.
Really?

Didn't know this, is there a full comparison somewhere?

Rocwell

esbern said:
any examples of mak players who do this? flash kinda took viper, who everyone thought was rushdown, and turned her into a zoning character so its not that particularly surprising to see him try it with mak.
I think J Wong plays a more zoning game with Makoto rather than pure rushdown. His matches with Gamerbee at Season's Beatings are a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRR3X1Tz-mA

:edit:

Jumping fierce ftw, that shi- is so gdlk :lol

ROLL CALL!!!!!

i know Floyd, Roc, B1gg, Be, Gun, Seph, Gib, Farms, Neo, Edge, God, Log are all still around.

haven't seen or heard from Panda, Joe, Gyri, Kiry, Q and a few others.

where y'all at!?!?!

<3 the ol PSN crew.

hitsugi

EraldoCoil said:
ROLL CALL!!!!!

i know Floyd, Roc, B1gg, Be, Gun, Seph, Gib, Farms, Neo, Edge, God, Log are all still around.

where y'all at!?!?!

<3 the ol PSN crew.
Yeah I'm right here thanks D:

hitsugi said:
Yeah I'm right here thanks D:

lol...there's so many, it's hard to remember everyone.

still <3 you though.

along with the other guys that pop in from time to time like seer, ploid and hito!! how can i forget my waifu hito!?!

El Sloth

Banned
Just got back from CTF and man are the AE setups sweet. Shame about the random bum walking in and leaving a thick smell of piss. Oni is really fun to play with; his mix-ups are crazy and his KKZ is so satisfying when you get the full cinematic. I also played a bit with Blanka and his electricity is waay better. Electricity pressure is serious. His slide is a lot easier to abuse as well. I mostly played with Mak though. Dat U2 and EX Hayate.

Probably old news to most of you guys, but after the way I got my ass beat and my money took I felt like I had to post something.

hitsugi

EraldoCoil said:
lol...there's so many, it's hard to remember everyone.

still <3 you though.

along with the other guys that pop in from time to time like seer, ploid and hito!! how can i forget my waifu hito!?!
It's cool, I know I'm not around much.. Especially late nights when psn gaf seems most active

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EraldoCoil said:
ROLL CALL!!!!!

where y'all at!?!?!

<3 the ol PSN crew.
:(

h3ro

OMG

f3hoc0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom