• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dexa said:
played sf again for the evening .... still unbelievable how capcom failed to balance the game (yes i´m talking to you online shoto lamers)
Capcom can't balance players, you know.

USD

Conceited said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExDDEMWBrY

The Fchamp finger moment, in video form.
I can see this getting plenty of usage.

w8UmG.gif

hitsugi

_dementia said:
Okay, I just now caught this.

Is Combofiend the only pro player who prefers the PS3 version? He complained about Xbox timing in this video.
Isn't 360 timing closer to arcade? I believe Peter is on his own with that preference.. Probably plays on a PS3 at home, which is enough to notice the change.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I've been wondering lately if maybe armor break on ex hayate is actually a bad thing.

When someone tries to focus bait Makoto from full screen, they're giving you an opportunity to get inside. Right now when people focus bait form full screen, I try to time ex hayate so it hits their backdash when they cancel out of it and after looking over a bunch of replays recently, I was surprised with how often that actually works. Yeah, they could just let the lvl 3 rip and hit me when I'm trying to hit their backdash, but if I don't use ex hayate to catch their backdash I can punish the FA whiff with it instead.

In AE, people just aren't gonna focus bait from that range out of fear of ex hayate. So I'm not sure if not having that opportunity at all is worth it. Or maybe I'm crazy.

hitsugi said:
Isn't 360 timing closer to arcade? I believe Peter is on his own with that preference.. Probably plays on a PS3 at home, which is enough to notice the change.
I think he does. In the episode they filmed of Cross Counter at his place was the first time they trolled PSN.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lost Fragment said:
I've been wondering lately if maybe armor break on ex hayate is actually a bad thing.

When someone tries to focus bait Makoto from full screen, they're giving you an opportunity to get inside. Right now when people focus bait form full screen, I try to time ex hayate so it hits their backdash when they cancel out of it and after looking over a bunch of replays recently, I was surprised with how often that actually works. Yeah, they could just let the lvl 3 rip and hit me when I'm trying to hit their backdash, but if I don't use ex hayate to catch their backdash I can punish the FA whiff with it instead.

In AE, people just aren't gonna focus bait from that range out of fear of ex hayate. So I'm not sure if not having that opportunity at all is worth it. Or maybe I'm crazy.
What about special moves that feature super armor? Before she had to rely on ex oroshi, but now if somebody tries anything you can just ex hayate out of the blue.

Of course, it's not as if this is the only change she's getting.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:

i still think HK. Tsurugi should've gain break property instead of EX hayate

I can see EX Hayate punishing close/mid range FA's too, since it suppose to be a bit faster now, i just hate the fact that i have to burn meter.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hitokage said:
What about special moves that feature super armor? Before she had to rely on ex oroshi, but now if somebody tries anything you can just ex hayate out of the blue.

Of course, it's not as if this is the only change she's getting.

True enough. Armor break on ex hayate probably is a good thing because it's gonna be easier for her to get inside in general anyway.

XenoRaven said:
Have you tried the cr hp + mk, hk, mk, lk, hk method? You have to practice to use it so you're not focusing or taunting on accident, but it seems to be the best method. Sliding has always seemed like cheating to me. Though I wasn't aware it could cause injury.

I had no idea about this. Still hard to get, but I like this better than the slide. I just need to work on it some more.

Oh and I did end up picking up the Evo Monitor. I'll post up when it gets here, probably not until next week.

USD

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/01/25_3024.html

KEN
About hitbox improvements and new combos
-cl.LP hitbox is extended foward, making it easier to use, easier to confirm combos
-For example, with the new 7F cr.HK, cr.LK → cl.LP → st.LP or cl.LP → cr.HK (144 damage 210 stun) is now possible
-Depending on the character, cr.LK → cl.LP → st.MP → cr.HK (176 damage 250 stun) is also possible.

cl.LP in Super
QYpix.jpg

cl.LP in AE
2WeF7.jpg

VEGA
About Cosmic Heel's properties
-The block stun on Cosmic Heel is decreased
-The move is still 14F start-up, 5F active as before, but is now -4 when blocked point-blank, +0 when blocked at the tip (down from -1/+3)
-To prevent counters, be aware of the range and hit with the tip

If used from about this distance...
li6rc.jpg

even if it's blocked...
s0RYV.jpg

you're fine!
g6ZPQ.jpg

RUFUS
About Big Bang Typhoon (UC2)
-UC2 has different properties
-Damage is now 47 + 21x11 + 23x5 + 27 = 420 (down from 450)
-Mid-air opponents are knocked away when hit, so don't expect any damage
-Since the move is projectile-invincible and has a large vacuum range, try using it as anti-ground

Damage in Super
Itua4.jpg

Damage in AE
BOjDr.jpg

FEI LONG
About EX Rekkaken
-EX Rekka's recovery is modified, with the hit and block advantage greatly changed
-1st hit: +2 on hit, +0 on block (improved from -4/-8)
-2nd hit: +0 on hit, -1 on block (improved from -6/-10)
-3rd hit: Down on hit, -23 on block
-Even when the 2nd hit is blocked, Fei is not at a large disadvantage, so we recommend using up to the 2nd hit as much as you like
-Also, because EX Rekka has the same projectile properties as Hadoken, be aware that it won't hit opponents using projectile-invincible moves.

EX Rekka and Hadoken negating each other
9bWYV.jpg

JURI
About Juri's hitboxes and hurtbox
-Numerous hitbox and hurtbox changes have been introduced
-st.LP's hitbox is extended forward, and the hurtbox from the elbow to tip has been cut
-cr.LP's hurtbox, which used to reach to the wrist, now is cut down to the elbow
-Since both move's hurtboxes are smaller, they're less likely to be stuffed compared to before
-As for specials, the hurtbox on Kasatsushi (Counter) armor from startup until 3F after has been reduced

st.LP's hitbox
1uyYM.jpg

cr.LP's hitbox
561lY.jpg

DHALSIM
About damage changes
-Many normals have modified damage
- j.HP now does 80 (down from 85), B+HP is 60+50 (down from 70+50)
-j.HP → B+HP → LP Yoga Flame now does 228 damage, 320 stun (damage down from 243)
-B+HK is 90 (down from 110), B+LK is now 30 (down from 40)
-Though his damage is lowered, other than the startup changes mentioned in the last blog (cr.MP and EX Yoga Flame), Dhalsim's moves are the same as they were in Super

The above combo's damage in Super
JQxCs.jpg

The above combo in AE
6urbI.jpg

-Though there's no changes in priority from Super, below is the hitbox for B+HK, frequently used as an anti-air. Dhalsim is invincible around the head area, so keep that mind

B+HK
swmYs.jpg

Next week is Chun-Li, El Fuerte, Sakura, Cody, Guile, and M.Bison.

USD

EX Rekka is actually useful now. Guaranteed pressure for one bar.

The supposed changes to Dhalsim's LK and B+LK are bullshit, according to the blog.

hitsugi

I need to record matches between Seph and I.. when we're not lagging out, some pretty cool shit happens.

..usually he's doing it, but I have my moments.

USD

Counter hit EX Rekka combos? My penis is already erect. Assuming all the damage is the same as it is in Super:

CH EX Rekka (first hit) → cl.HP → HK Flame Kick (309 damage 423 stun)
CH EX Rekka (first hit) → cl.HP → HP Rekka (three hits) (307 damage 368 stun)

The first combo has your average opponent almost half-stunned. The second combo is guaranteed to push your opponent 3/5 of the stage.

You could also use MK Flame Kick in the first combo, and go for FADC HK Chicken Wing, but that's a lot of meter to burn.

Satyamdas

Banned
swmYs.jpg

brh1stactive.jpg

Bottom picture is from Vanilla/Super. Judging from the pictures I can't see any difference in them. Kinda surprised they didn't mention his j.mp being nerfed, according to everyone who's played they say it trades more now and is noticeably worse than in Super.

USD

Satyamdas said:
Bottom picture is from Vanilla/Super. Judging from the pictures I can't see any difference in them. Kinda surprised they didn't mention his j.mp being nerfed, according to everyone who's played they say it trades more now and is noticeably worse than in Super.
That's because it is the same. Serves me right for speeding through and not double-checking. Edited.

Satyamdas

Banned
Ha, all good. I remember when Sp00ky was streaming AE at CF hearing Henry Cen say that the hitbox had to have been nerfed because it wasn't hitting characters "behind" him like you can do in Super, but then again Henry says a lot of things. :/

USD

Somewhat Damaged said:
very minor difference, but you can see his head was more vulnerable in super
The filled yellow boxes (excluding the long horizontal one) represent the space that Sim occupies (which aren't shown in the AE picture). The outlined yellow boxes aren't the vulnerable boxes, and those are the same in both versions.

Papi

USD said:
The filled yellow boxes (excluding the long horizontal one) represent the space that Sim occupies (which isn't shown in the AE picture). The outlined yellow boxes is the vulnerable boxes, and those are the same in both versions.
Ah. Thanks for clarifying.

gutabo

Satyamdas said:
Beat by a landslide while editing both pictures :S

USD said:
The filled yellow boxes (excluding the long horizontal one) represent the space that Sim occupies (which isn't shown in the AE picture). The outlined yellow boxes is the vulnerable boxes, and those are the same in both versions.
ahh, makes sense. my apologies

Threi

notag
why won't this game let me go over 3k PP

4 times today i've gotten 1 round away...and then lost a bunch

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING GAME HATE ME

hitsugi

Why the stress over PP? I had around 3k a couple of weeks after the game came out, then I realized I couldn't stand playing randoms on PSN and that was it.

Threi

notag
it buggs me because a month ago when i actually put a little effort into ranked, i got to (almost) 4K rather easily. Then the great drop.

And now i can't reach my former peak, I can't even get anywhere close for some reason, despite the fact that I went on massive losing streaks against far better players than me trying to get better, "learning the game" if you will. I thought i learned a thing or two, but then i just start losing against any and everyone lately, it's just rather jarring.

That's the explanation though, i'm pretty much over it already (for now)

on a related note though...there has been an increase in the number of people saying i should drop deejay...

feelsbadman

Satyamdas

Banned
Don't listen to them, threi. Maybe play a secondary a bit in addition to Deejay, but don't give up.

Now this fucking asshole?
ieouLm.gif

Drop him like a bad habit, NAO! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom