• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

fpavq1.jpg

i miss smileys

Imm0rt4l

h3ro said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/fpavq1.jpg[IMG]

i miss smileys[/QUOTE]

The song "It's raining men" comes to mind

[QUOTE=_dementia]Panda is playing Starcraft 2.

Also, now that Arcana Heart 3 is out, kiss him goodbye.[/QUOTE]
I'ma rep the moe army for him, I'm gonna be in the lab with sak.

[SPOILER] And Fuck Arcana hearts, yea I said it.[/SPOILER]

Kimosabae

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Did we really need to take the front flap away?

No, no, as you can clearly see, the artist has "receded" the front "flap" to accentuate the umm... it hasn't actually, well... the intent is codify, errmm...

There is no spoon.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
esbern said:
Could any Mak players help me understand how Flash Metroid is going to play her as more of a turtle character? What in her toolset allows this to be possible? Does she just stay back and oroshi/s.mp/axe kick and then move in when the opponent messes up?

Lots of good AA normals. She's a little like mini Dhalsim with her AAs. But what makes her AAs really good is when she hits one, she can forward dash into her oki game. From there she can dash under or stay on the same side, throw out meaties, karakusa, safe jumps, etc. Lots of options. Then there's fukiage, which juggles into like 350 damage for 1 bar when you end it with ex axe kick, or 300 damage for 1 bar + they get taken to the corner if you use ex hayate. That shit is gonna be the new Rufus j.hk ex snake strike. Even in console super it's pretty hard to jump at Makoto unless you're Vega or Bison or Dudley or someone that has a godlike air-to-ground normal.

U1 is really good for AA too because it's 6 frames, and if she hits you in the air she gets the whole thing.

She has lots of good ground-based normals too, but no footsies unfortunately since her walkspeed is slower than Sagat's. f+mk is an underused footsie tool though because you can throw it out when your opponent whiffs something, and it might not hit, but it'll get you inside and it's only like -1 on block.

But yeah, playing her turtly until she gets an opportunity to dash in and mix your shit up is definitely a legit way to play her.

esbern

Lost Fragment said:
Lots of good AA normals. She's a little like mini Dhalsim with her AAs. But what makes her AAs really good is when she hits one, she can forward dash into her oki game. From there she can dash under or stay on the same side, throw out meaties, karakusa, safe jumps, etc. Lots of options. Then there's fukiage, which juggles into like 350 damage for 1 bar when you end it with ex axe kick, or 300 damage for 1 bar + they get taken to the corner if you use ex hayate. That shit is gonna be the new Rufus j.hk ex snake strike. Even in console super it's pretty hard to jump at Makoto unless you're Vega or Bison or Dudley or someone that has a godlike air-to-ground normal.

U1 is really good for AA too because it's 6 frames, and if she hits you in the air she gets the whole thing.

She has lots of good ground-based normals too, but no footsies unfortunately since her walkspeed is slower than Sagat's. f+mk is an underused footsie tool though because you can throw it out when your opponent whiffs something, and it might not hit, but it'll get you inside and it's only like -1 on block.

But yeah, playing her turtly until she gets an opportunity to dash in and mix your shit up is definitely a legit way to play her.

awesome post man, thanks a lot for helping me understand the logic.

EraldoCoil said:
ROLL CALL!!!!!

i know Floyd, Roc, B1gg, Be, Gun, Seph, Gib, Farms, Neo, Edge, God, Log are all still around.

haven't seen or heard from Panda, Joe, Gyri, Kiry, Q and a few others.

where y'all at!?!?!

<3 the ol PSN crew.

I'm getting back into the game and I'd like to get into PSN GAF again. I played a few back in the day, but it's been a while.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
prodystopian said:
I'm getting back into the game and I'd like to get into PSN GAF again. I played a few back in the day, but it's been a while.

I was on PSN GAF chat today, it was only me and BeHest... and he's always signed into the chatroom! lol

BitchTits

Bastien_Vives_Street_Fighter_blanka.jpg

Forget Evil Ryu, She-Blanka is worthy of being a real DLC character.

The Matador Vega costume is good too and so obvious, I don't know why Capcom didn't make it an alt.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Imm0rt4l said:
Q left SF to play Blazblue.

... One of these days I'm going to try that game. It looks sooooo cool looking in motion.

EDIT: Just put in my GameFly Q

DOUBLE EDIT: WTF is up with these sick ass character drawings?!!! Fucking BARF.

FlightOfHeaven said:
What am I looking at.
Athena spanking Chun, Maki spanking Mai

All sprites seem like could be from the Capcom vs SNK 2 lol, but I think the Morrigan and Lilith ones are ACTUALLY from Vampire Savior :O

Stage is from SvC: SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, a pretty mediocre, yet funny game made by SNK for the NEO GEO.

Edgeward

BotoxAgent said:

Oh my god, yes! I knew I've been stupidly doing cr lp to cr mk in Super for a reason. My body was just already ready for AE, the explanation is so simple! All the changes fit so much better to how I play anyway, so I'm over the tkcs being gone. It's just tough to play gentlemanly without my normal buffs. D= Give me my AE Cammy now Ono.

Threi

notag
three-thousand-and-one player points.

almost 1000 off my peak, but at least i got somewhere.

*breathes a large sigh of relief*

on topic: lol kadey

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wtf @ that gif. haha.
Also, Raging Demon beats Ryu's ultra 2? Had a crazy ass match and both of us had pixel life. I teleported with Akuma in the dudes face and he pulled Ryu's U2 and I mashed the shit out of that raging demon. Caught him to my surprise and said fuck yeah.

Threi said:
three-thousand-and-one player points.

almost 1000 off my peak, but at least i got somewhere.

*breathes a large sigh of relief*

on topic: lol kadey
Congrats Threi.

Caught you WINNING WITH DEEJAY on the Peaceful Jay stream.

Threi

notag
well that was a short-lived victory.

a quick 7-game losing streak brought me back down to earth (~2600PP)

was fun while it lasted, hopefully i can just hold onto what i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom