• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
haunts said:
good buy. i use mine pretty much everyday. so good.

It's great.

--

I tweeted the other day about the "EVO" ASUS monitor... It was $133 with free shipping on buy.com !

Sold out now though :(

Thanks, haunts.

MarkMan said:
It's great.

--

I tweeted the other day about the "EVO" ASUS monitor... It was $133 with free shipping on buy.com !

Sold out now though :(

That's where I got it. I posted the deal in here, too. I've been wanting a second monitor for a while for coding, so I jumped on that.

XenoRaven

I picked up that monitor like a few days before that particular deal, but newegg had a similar deal with a mail in rebate so I got it for about the same price. Building a new computer was a great excuse to grab one.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
was definitely interested in buying the EVO Asus monitor! What model number is it that everyone is buying? What model do they use for EVO? Anyone?

XenoRaven said:
Dammit. Who let dementia change avatars again?
Damn, you're the third poster that mentioned this. Lumi (who is totally my waifu) will be back. Maybe after more Child of Eden media gets released.

Hi-tekk said:
was definitely interested in buying the EVO Asus monitor! What model number is it that everyone is buying? What model do they use for EVO? Anyone?
ASUS VH236H

Been thinking a little about Arcade Edition. Is there a consensus as to if it's believed that there'll be two more characters to match the six rumored initially?

I was talking about it with some of the boys in the pub, and one of them came out with the suggestion that the remaining two could be Juni and Juli, and I thought this checked all the boxes for what they've been looking for...

1) Easy to build - based off Cammy, but not identical
2) Two characters for the price of one ala Yun/Yang
3) Make cameo appearances in the storylines of other characters already, ala Yun/Yang

They could probably even share an ultra, as presumably one of their ultras would involve the other one of the pair entering the fray to perform that team move they do together - which, incidentally, isn't entirely unlike the tech the team have been building for the assist ultras in SF vs Tekken...

Crazy ramblings, I know, but this has been rocking around in my head since he came out with it and how clever an observation it was.

APZonerunner said:
Been thinking a little about Arcade Edition. Is there a consensus as to if it's believed that there'll be two more characters to match the six rumored initially?

I was talking about it with some of the boys in the pub, and one of them came out with the suggestion that the remaining two could be Juni and Juli, and I thought this checked all the boxes for what they've been looking for...

1) Easy to build - based off Cammy, but not identical
2) Two characters for the price of one ala Yun/Yang
3) Make cameo appearances in the storylines of other characters already, ala Yun/Yang

They could probably even share an ultra, as presumably one of their ultras would involve the other one of the pair entering the fray to perform that team move they do together - which, incidentally, isn't entirely unlike the tech the team have been building for the assist ultras in SF vs Tekken...

Crazy ramblings, I know, but this has been rocking around in my head since he came out with it and how clever an observation it was.

Juni and Juli would be the most unhype things ever :(
Makes sense though, it's totally economical to use that idea. I guess the only thing holding them back would be the name confusion with Juri.

dragonballjoseph said:
I finally did it! I GOTS MORE THAN 5500 PPS! =D

DAT 5516.

I'm scared to go to ranked. >_>

You and me both though for differing reasons. I don't find ranked all that fun and all it takes is a single bad or off day to lose a ton of points.

stabicron7 said:
You and me both though for differing reasons. I don't find ranked all that fun and all it takes is a single bad or off day to lose a ton of points.
I will lose 128 if I lose a match. I beat nashfan, and he had around 5350 and got 61 points. So yeah, don't want to lose. ^_^

black_vegeta said:
Japanese players yes, but not any Americans. DBJ you are FUCKING GAWDLYKE!!!!

DBJ happened to just jump into my lobby last night and lost every match except one. Once he hits me with Sakura...it pretty much turned into a clinic/combo video LOL!!

Man, I really suck at this game now. I don't play as much as I used to...and I am not just feeling it anymore. The lag is just killing the fun...I hardly have a game with a solid connection...and the matches just turn to shit. Ever since I moved to a new place and the housing board refuses to let me instal Fios, argh!

BotoxAgent said:
DBJ happened to just jump into my lobby last night and lost every match except one. Once he hits me with Sakura...it pretty much turned into a clinic/combo video LOL!!

Man, I really suck at this game now. I don't play as much as I used to...and I am not just feeling it anymore. The lag is just killing the fun...I hardly have a game with a solid connection...and the matches just turn to shit. Ever since I moved to a new place and the housing board refuses to let me instal Fios, argh!

Yeah, I played some matches the other after not playing for almost a month. After shaking off some rust I finally got back into the groove of things.

I don't see myself playing as much as I used too. Hell, I didn't even know if I'll attend EVO this year as I was planning...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
It's the monitor they use at Evolution. 2ms response time. Not sure if it's just endorsed by the tourney organizers or Asus is a sponsor.
This is NOT why people like this monitor. They like it because its input lag averages under one frame, and input lag and response time are entirely different metrics.

hitsugi

Hitokage said:
This is NOT why people like this monitor. They like it because its input lag averages under one frame, and input lag and response time are entirely different metrics.
Saved me the trouble. I bought the 26" version of this on a whim when they first hit newegg a couple of years ago.. Turned out to be one of the best purchases I've made. Unfortunately, the sound is terrible, but that's a very, very minor drawback.

Hitokage said:
Learn somethingneq every day. Thanks for clarifying.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
Learn somethingneq every day. Thanks for clarifying.
To be more specific:

Response time: Time taken for a pixel to change from one state to another, usually reported with grey-to-grey, rather than something like black-to-white or white-to-black. Having a bad response time leads to ghosting with moving images.

Input lag: Time taken for a signal just received by the monitor to actually be displayed onscreen. Alternately, the time between a controller input and its appropriate action being displayed onscreen. Generally not reported by manufacturers and must be determined through independent testing. Any sort of additional image processing done by a monitor, like scaling, usually incurs additional input lag.

Overdrive: Buffers multiple frames of input to improve displayed response time. Increases input lag.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
prodystopian said:
How many frames do you have to parry a move in 3s? My Google-fu was too weak.
3 frames for normals iirc

Oh boy, I've been pretty depressed lately from the lack of Evil Ryu footage. All I've been doing is watching footage from day 1/2 and trying to figure out things he can and can't do. He lacks Ryu's assortment of links and Akuma's vortex, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far from what I've discovered. I think he's going to be a pretty good character and I'm going to put a lot of time into him when AE is out on console. I'm going to be at Evo this year. So if you see a shitty Evil Ryu player on the stream, it could be me :p

Rice-Eater said:
Oh boy, I've been pretty depressed lately from the lack of Evil Ryu footage. All I've been doing is watching footage from day 1/2 and trying to figure out things he can and can't do. He lacks Ryu's assortment of links and Akuma's vortex, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far from what I've discovered. I think he's going to be a pretty good character and I'm going to put a lot of time into him when AE is out on console. I'm going to be at Evo this year. So if you see a shitty Evil Ryu player on the stream, it could be me :p
Or it could be a thousand other people :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
Have you pulled the trigger on Final Round yet?

Hitokage said:
Have you pulled the trigger on Final Round yet?

I was planning to go to Final Round, but I changed my mind so I could go to Evo instead. With my current job I'm pretty limited with the number of days I could take off. At first I thought Evo was just out of the question. But I've changed my mind, I'm going to save for Evo instead(I've already used my vacation days for it) so I can't go to Final Round.

JKTrix

Apparently someone was talking about Capcom going around threatening US arcades that unlocked Oni and E.Ryu on this stream? This is kind of second-hand info as a friend just told me about it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah, someone on Twitter said that Capcom made AI revert their machines. They're probably calling all the arcades and asking them to not unlock/revert/whatever.

Chavelo

Okay, okay... so question....

Is EVO just a series of tournaments or is it also a fighting game con? I'm really curious to check it out but I won't be able to join in due to my scrub tactics :p

Is there any other activities going on besides the tourneys?

Imm0rt4l

Chavelo said:
Okay, okay... so question....

Is EVO just a series of tournaments or is it also a fighting game con? I'm really curious to check it out but I won't be able to join in due to my scrub tactics :p

Is there any other activities going on besides the tourneys?
Well 09 had Tekken 6(before release) and last year their was MVC3 and a madcatz booth. Shit's hype as fuck, usually some casuals going on of other games not apart of the tourney. It's pretty much like a convention since you have big names from the gaming industry, ones you won't see at any other tournament and announcements/screenings. Plus it's Las Vegas.

Naar said:
Hey guys I just want to confirm something. I'm buying a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition cabinet. Just want to know if this is the one where you can link it to other cabinets.

2x viewlix L cabinet with Super Street Fighter 4 software

Does viewlix mean it can be linked to other cabinets? Because I plan to buy 2

Is there anything else I need to make sure of before I buy?

Thanks!

a pair of typeX2 motherboard(errr..PC)

super street fighter 4 should come in pairs with all the dongles.

and I would recommend to get a pair of Vewlix F instead of the L.

The Vewlix Ls monitor do lag cause is has GTT monitor. The Vewlix F has sanwa monitor or a hitachi depends if its the new or older Vewlix F. I had the sanwa on my Vewlix F and I fully tested it and it doesn't lag.

If you will be spending that much money, might as well get a vewlix F...if not you should just get a New Delta cabinet and save yourself some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom