• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Point moot since I do not give a rat's ass about either SRK or Eventhubs. It's all about GAF baby!

We can do our own stuff here. People just have to put some effort into it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SmokeMaxX said:
Also, the EH frame data info is more accurate than the SRK wiki.
eventscrubs_zps7b2a3135.jpg

Kadey said:
Point moot since I do not give a rat's ass about either SRK or Eventhubs. It's all about GAF baby!

If we do that, eventhubs will just take what we say and post it up on their site.

I'm not joking.

If SmokeMaxX is any indication, they're a lot of people who are willing to go to that single site and deem it an infallible news resource.(Even when it's not) Well, let them do their own work.

CPS2

Also eventhubs re-edit combo and glitch videos, remove the credits, and upload them to their youtube channel without permission.

And they constantly get people's names wrong, even when the video creators personally message them and correct it, they're like nahhhhhhhhhhh =/

One other thing, my friend found a glitch, EH re-recorded it and uploaded it, eventually gave credit but still left their (crappier) video of the glitch embedded on their site with no new applications. When I asked why they didn't embed the original, I got banned =/

Joekage

_dementia said:
I like his replays. Is he a tournament player?

To Maxx, every dog has his day. <3

Also, PlayerJun is one of the top ranking Ken's in Japan both online and off. His style is exactly how Ken should be played. Reckless and solid at the same time. He is the main reason I'm going to be picking up Ken as an alternate in AE.

CPS2 said:
Also eventhubs re-edit combo and glitch videos, remove the credits, and upload them to their youtube channel without permission.

And they constantly get people's names wrong, even when the video creators personally message them and correct it, they're like nahhhhhhhhhhh =/

One other thing, my friend found a glitch, EH re-recorded it and uploaded it, eventually gave credit but still left their (crappier) video of the glitch embedded on their site with no new applications. When I asked why they didn't embed the original, I got banned =/
Shady as fuck.

Fuck those guys.

Hito or Tekno, is there a way to suggest banned sites that show up as asterisks?

esbern

people actually defend Eventhubs?

Their character guides a complete joke. Iplaywinner is a far better site for people who are completely terrible at the game (me!) and need a head start, and option-select.com has a good roundup of how the better players look at the characters.

hitsugi

Rocwell said:
Ugh, why did you have to bring this up again? I'm still salty about no Strider in MvC3. Do you really have to twist the kn-

pujiu.png

:(

D: sorry, as a huge Strider fan I find it strangely necessary to bring people to my level of grief!

Conceited said:

CH close s.MK -> U1 lol..... Playerjun is so damn stylish it kills me. Always seeing something new from him

Chavelo

SmokeMaxX said:
No I made a post about it before. Know why the Peaceful Jay stream got taken off the SRK front page (hope that's the right one, I get my stream names mixed up)? It's because SRK's so territorial that when they decided to host a tourney and call it Evo online, SRK was like "you do that and we're no longer gonna be affiliated with you." True to their word, they took the stream off their website permanently. I imagine (and I have no proof of this, but really, it only makes sense) that the reason why Eventhubs didn't put any information about WCW was strictly because SRK told them not to. Hell, they even posted results of the 5v5 Team Tourney that noone really cares about (Team Empire vs. Team NY?) shortly after WCW.

I'm not saying SRK = bad and Eventhubs = good, but some of you guys are just dickriding either one or the other and just going with the crowd. Har har, sure it's really cool to call EH "Eventscrubs" but honestly it makes you no better than those GameFAQs guys.

Hahaha, was about to post something to counter with then I go ahead read what everyone else said. So, yeah.
I love GAF. Does all the work for me and it's not afraid of anything, eh? /sips coffee at work

Keep on fighting the good
bad lol
fight, sport. I guess you'll get mad and try to go all e-thug and have some matches with your "scrub bison"? :p

Kadey said:

NEOGAF, BELIEVE
MOTHERFUCKER, YEAH.

/high fives Kadey

GAF or bust. :-3

gutabo

CPS2 said:

They get people's(and site's) names wrong because it's a way to not give credit back to the owner and lose clicks in the process. They know exactly what they're doing and as long as they're making money, they don't care about anything else. When they got called out(at the maj incident) they said that those were "few, isolated errors", that they had new people hired recently and that it was their mistake, and that they always try to give back credit properly. Some people chose to believe in them, but time has passed and they still have the same shady tactics(which is all mainly black hat SEO to keep visitors/pagerank/money on their site). Sometimes it's so blatant it's hard to tolerate people defending them, like giving credit to "sonic hurricane" with no link at all(which search engines/ad bots will mostly read as guile's move) and remove credits on said video(and uploading it to EH's youtube channel) instead of linking to "sonichurricane.com"(with proper anchor text and link to relevant article) and not removing credits on said video and not posting it as their own. Which leads to EH making money by preventing maj to do the same out of his own content. You could say that without EH maj had no way to generate that traffic and that EH has earned that revenue as a news aggregator + newbie friendly site but that's a very poor defense and it does not justify the above tactics(which are just a part of all that they do) at all.

Mœbius

hitsugi said:
D: sorry, as a huge Strider fan I find it strangely necessary to bring people to my level of grief!
Your pain runs deep. Let us explore it... together. Share your pain. Share your pain with me, and gain strength from the sharing.

VSjDn.jpg

Papi

Hmmm. The lighting in the Run-Down Back Alley stage makes Blanka's pink feathers appear to be purple. Hmmm, interesting.
Oh Blanka <3

Imm0rt4l

How anyone can defend Eventhubs is beyond me.

h3ro said:
FT10 between Cody and Pedobear. If Joekage loses, we all set our homepage to eventscrubs.
This would be interesting, but if joekage were to lose then what?

USD

dragonballjoseph said:
So basically: blockstring > wait > flowchart?
Hahaha, I thought the same thing. He did lots of short, jab, pause, DP, and it worked most of the time (in these specific videos at least).

h3ro

Imm0rt4l said:
This would be interesting, but if joekage were to lose then what?

Like I said, we all set our homepage/default screens to EH. If he loses, Pedobear av guy signs posts with "I check in at Eventhubs and I stay free".

Also, for those interested, Sentinel and Hsien-Ko were officially revealed in MVC3, gameplay, ingame shots and all. Reveal Thread.

Imm0rt4l

h3ro said:
Like I said, we all set our homepage/default screens to EH. If he loses, Pedobear av guy signs posts with "I check in at Eventhubs and I stay free".

Also, for those interested, Sentinel and Hsien-Ko were officially revealed in MVC3, gameplay, ingame shots and all. Reveal Thread.
yea I meant if maxx loses. Tag sounds good.

Hitokage said:
I am just going to emptyquote this because the EH frame data is stolen from another guide that was posted on srk. the reason the guides dont look the same...IS BECAUSE THE ONE ON SRK GOT CORRECTED!

"going from a 42in. LCD to an EVO monitor. Is the timing and input lag really that different or is my mind just Fucking with me?"

Depends on the LCD and any image processing shit it may have enabled. The difference can be massive, though.

EraldoCoil said:
going from a 42in. LCD to an EVO monitor. Is the timing and input lag really that different or is my mind just Fucking with me?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm plinking Chun's cr. jabx3, st. FP much more consistently and I haven't played in quite a while. It seems to be making a difference.

I was playing on an EVO monitor yesterday, for the first time, and I swear I was missing combos and links like crazy, simple ones too.

I usually hit them all day when i'm on my tv so I was starting to think im just used to my tv's timing. Any way to check my TV's input lag?

I have a 42in. Insignia tv. 1080p. (it was the only thing we could afford at the time)

So I just found out I am going to GDC. Are any of the AE cabs in NorCal near the Moscone Center? Also, any other SF Gaffers going to GDC?

EraldoCoil said:
I was playing on an EVO monitor yesterday, for the first time, and I swear I was missing combos and links like crazy, simple ones too.

I usually hit them all day when i'm on my tv so I was starting to think im just used to my tv's timing. Any way to check my TV's input lag?

I have a 42in. Insignia tv. 1080p. (it was the only thing we could afford at the time)

Google the name of the TV (the JLKH464573or whatever) avsforum and lag. I didn't have much luck finding input lag there or anywhere for mine. Some guy on SRK was complaining about it, but didn't mention times.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's an Insignia. That's all that needs to be said. There aren't too many TVs on par with the EVO monitor to begin with. And ones that are, are 10-30x as costly.

Shoutouts to most stores being closed and having to settle for Papajohns.

prodystopian said:
So I just found out I am going to GDC. Are any of the AE cabs in NorCal near the Moscone Center? Also, any other SF Gaffers going to GDC?

I might. Hope my company will let me go to a couple of seminars. I think there is on at the SF university campus.

MiniBossBattle said:
I might. Hope my company will let me go to a couple of seminars. I think there is on at the SF university campus.

I tried searching but IPW has them as a maybe from December and I couldn't find an update. Is that close to the Moscone Center?

EraldoCoil said:

http://smtt.thomasthiemann.com/index_en.html

Thread found here.

thanks for the help guys!

now another question.

Would switching to an SD tv while playing be the smarter choice/ replicate the evo monitor more closely?

EraldoCoil said:
thanks for the help guys!

now another question.

Would switching to an SD tv while playing be the smarter choice/ replicate the evo monitor more closely?

I think so. To me, it feels faster than the EVO monitor, but pic quality is obviously lower. Shouldn't this always be the case, though, when comparing input delay between SD and flat panel displays?

Mike M

Nick N
Speaking of costume packs, is there any hope that there might at some point be another round for the new additions to the roster? I know the alts are totally superficial and cosmetic only, but the fact that they're all short a costume compared to the returning cast inexplicably irks me.

Kadey said:
It's an Insignia. That's all that needs to be said. There aren't too many TVs on par with the EVO monitor to begin with. And ones that are, are 10-30x as costly.

Shoutouts to most stores being closed and having to settle for Papajohns.

32" inch LCD 720p with ips-alpha panel monitors are on par or better than the EVO monitor.

example, I've tested the panasonic L32tx1 against the vewlix F cabinet and it did really well.

Theres nothing really special about the EVO monitor ...most TN panel monitor can do the same...and I've tested a ALOT of monitors against it.

Imm0rt4l

marathonfool said:
Is Shoryken.com down for anyone else? I like the website, but it always goes down so I end up going to Eventhubs instead.

Found this nugget.
http://airryu.blogspot.com/2011/01/ssf4-ae-top-10-by-daigotokidomago.html

Daigo, Tokdio, Mago's Top 10 Tier List

1.) Fei Long
2.) Yun
3.) Yang
4.) Gouki/Akuma
5.) C.Viper

Rest of top 10 at link.
yea srk has been down all day for me. I find it interesting that Cammy made their top 10.

USD

Imm0rt4l said:
yea srk has been down all day for me. I find it interesting that Cammy made their top 10.
Cammy is still beast, just a slightly different type. She has like 6 different normals that are at least +6 on hit. She can basically combo into anything she wants.

Mike M said:
Speaking of costume packs, is there any hope that there might at some point be another round for the new additions to the roster? I know the alts are totally superficial and cosmetic only, but the fact that they're all short a costume compared to the returning cast inexplicably irks me.
Just wait until Yun, Yang, E.Ryu and Oni come out. They'll probably only have 1 alt each. :/

marathonfool said:
Is Shoryken.com down for anyone else? I like the website, but it always goes down so I end up going to Eventhubs instead.

Found this nugget.
http://airryu.blogspot.com/2011/01/ssf4-ae-top-10-by-daigotokidomago.html

Daigo, Tokdio, Mago's Top 10 Tier List

1.) Fei Long
2.) Yun
3.) Yang
4.) Gouki/Akuma
5.) C.Viper

Rest of top 10 at link.

Why is Akuma at 4? I know he's always been considered near top, but I thought he got a nerf or two for AE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom