• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
In a shocking turn of events (hah), SSF4 is one of the games @ EVO2K11. MrWizard said they have an internal cut off date of 6/1 for AE. So if AE gets released on console before then (give or take an additional week), they would use it for the tourney. If not out by then, they are using Super.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. I don't even use Gen but I think he has the best selection. None of them are bad. Everybody else has a hit or miss.

With Fei, it's obviously that Capcom is going the Bruce Lee route. Every single one of his is BL related. And speaking of Bruce Lee. I saw IP Man, A legend is born. OMG, Dennis To is so cute!

I've said it before... New Fei Alt is the BEST

New MK game for EVO? I haven't been following the development, but how polished is this compared to the previous MK games? Has there ever been an MK game in the EVO lineup?

Xevren

the_log_ride said:
I've said it before... New Fei Alt is the BEST

New MK game for EVO? I haven't been following the development, but how polished is this compared to the previous MK games? Has there ever been an MK game in the EVO lineup?

Pretty sure UMK 3 has been in before, could be wrong though. I'm surprised about MK 9, hope the game ends up being like the games of old.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone have the full listing of all the games posted somewhere? I must be an idiot and cannot find them.

This year is going to be awesome to watch, so many new games to be played this year! HYPE.

Adam Prime said:
Anyone have the full listing of all the games posted somewhere? I must be an idiot and cannot find them.

This year is going to be awesome to watch, so many new games to be played this year! HYPE.
MvC3, SSFIV, Tekken 6, BlazBlue CS, MK9

Mœbius

Kadey said:
Last costume pack is released. Probably the best because of Guile and Fei. PC version please so I can make my own stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbOe_C6kJQ&hd=1

All I want is a Guy "Strider" alt; pretty sure Capcom even did some concept art for it so I know they're thinking about it... just make it so Ono!

PS - Dementia, the new avatar is cool but I'm surprisingly perturbed at not seeing your real avatar. Please return to normal so that all is right with the world and I can sleep well.

entremet

I didn't want to derail the Marvel thread, but what's so bad about eventhubs? It seems there's a lot bad blood towards the site. I never cared for the site and its 90s web design, but don't they just list streams and post fighting game news? SRK does the same.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
entrement said:
I didn't want to derail the Marvel thread, but what's so bad about eventhubs? It seems there's a lot bad blood towards the site. I never cared for the site and its 90s web design, but don't they just list streams and post fighting game news? SRK does the same.
They post stuff in full without linking to the original site, as if it was submitted to them to begin with.

entrement said:
So they're stealing ad revenue from the original sources?

Yes, they're taking credit for the content or embedding media instead of linking it to the originating site and taking away visits/hits. If you look at the way SRK does it, it does the opposite.

Hubs' claim to fame is it is an aggregator fighting-game site like Kotaku/Destructoid.

entrement said:

What's already been said, in addition to just being stupid when it comes to other news sites.

Eventscrubs had no problem linking the stream of oni/evil ryu directly to their site, but they completely avoided the recent iplaywinner/team spooky streams. Basically because iplaywinner is another news site, and it's in their interest to keep the audience only on eventhubs.

hitsugi

pirateben said:
All I want is a Guy "Strider" alt; pretty sure Capcom even did some concept art for it so I know they're thinking about it... just make it so Ono!

Sadly, I think there are licensing issues involved with that..

Rocwell

hitsugi said:
Ugh, why did you have to bring this up again? I'm still salty about no Strider in MvC3. Do you really have to twist the kn-

pujiu.png

:(

looks like it'll be 3 games for me this year at EVO.

Just got back from a session. XSK Samurai is damn good, that was like a 7-3 matchup.

it was my first time playing on the EVO monitors as well. I think my TV may have fucked with me, because i was dropping the simplest links and combos, it just seemed off. though i eventually adjusted to it.

Mœbius

hitsugi said:
I heard some stuff previously about co-ownership of the Strider character with a manga group... is that what you're referring to or is there something else?

Surely they wouldn't be liable if they dress Guy like Strider? He still remains Guy and isn't literally transformed into Strider Hiryu. I mean, I'm sure that Capcom don't pay money to the Bruce Lee estate for Fei's character design...(or do they?)

Seems silly to me, especially in regard to an alt costume. It makes more sense when explaining why he's not in MvC3 (though no less disappointing for it).

Joekage

anyone know how to activate the new rival cutscenes in arcade mode? always wanted to know how to see them, but never really play arcade mode lol.

Joekage said:
anyone know how to activate the new rival cutscenes in arcade mode? always wanted to know how to see them, but never really play arcade mode lol.

Only for Ryu, Cammy, Chun-li, Seth, C.Viper, and Guile: Hold all kick buttons as soon as you see "Now! Fight your Rival!" to fight against the character's second rival

Joekage

B1gg_Randall said:

Only for Ryu, Cammy, Chun-li, Seth, C.Viper, and Guile: Hold all kick buttons as soon as you see "Now! Fight your Rival!" to fight against the character's second rival

Ah! Preciate it!

Naar

I don't know if there is another thread I should post this in, but I was wondering if people had suggestions of good companies that sell SSF4AE and other arcade games?

I found one called highway entertainment, was wondering if there is others to compare to

Conceited said:

He has done some of the most amazing and flashiest things I've ever seen by a Ken player in actual matches. I mean really, Ken's 1 frame link to Ultra 1 off a st. MK on counterhit? How the fuck can you hit confirm something like that? He is definitely one of the most popular among the list of players who have made stars out of themselves through Xbox Live replays.

We see Hiropon, Kiryu, R, and others have been competing in Arcade edition. But still no sign of Playerjun from the looks of it. Maybe he goes under a different name but I hope he is also competing in AE. His Ken can only look better with Ken's buffs.

Toge

Rice-Eater said:
He has done some of the most amazing and flashiest things I've ever seen by a Ken player in actual matches. I mean really, Ken's 1 frame link to Ultra 1 off a st. MK on counterhit? How the fuck can you hit confirm something like that? He is definitely one of the most popular among the list of players who have made stars out of themselves through Xbox Live replays.

We see Hiropon, Kiryu, R, and others have been competing in Arcade edition. But still no sign of Playerjun from the looks of it. Maybe he goes under a different name but I hope he is also competing in AE. His Ken can only look better with Ken's buffs.
He is Bon on the arcades and is top 40 in the ssf4aerankings :D :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
entrement said:
So they're stealing ad revenue from the original sources?

Not a big fan of unoriginal work to begin with but rehashing stuff from original owners without giving proper credit extends to another realm.

They deserve all their hate, especially the whole Maj incident.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Remember when Oichi twatted that Ingrid was gonna be playable in Super and Eventhubs picked it up, and only cited their source when they figured out he just made it up to troll them? Fun times, fun times.

I've been thinking about making some videos on little-known Makoto option selects and safe jumps and general fun stuff. I should edit in a "fuck EventHubs" annotation if they pick it up. Though I dunno if annotations show up in embeds. Hmm.

Zissou

Lost Fragment said:
Remember when Oichi twatted that Ingrid was gonna be playable in Super and Eventhubs picked it up, and only cited their source when they figured out he just made it up to troll them? Fun times, fun times.

I've been thinking about making some videos on little-known Makoto option selects and safe jumps and general fun stuff. I should edit in a "fuck EventHubs" annotation if they pick it up. Though I dunno if annotations show up in embeds. Hmm.

Just make the first couple seconds of the video big white block letters on a black background saying something horrible about eventhubs and the mothers of everyone who runs eventhubs. Problem solved.

SmokeMaxX

Hate on Eventhubs all you want, but they provide valuable information that noone else seems to want to.

Besides their frame data (inconsistent, but generally accurate), character guides (simple, but give a brief synopsis of characters), and tier lists (about as accurate as any other guide out there; which is to say, I disagree with a few of my character's matchups), the one thing that I appreciate most about Eventhubs is the fact that major tournament results are always provided close to real time in easy to read "box format." If I don't want to spend hours watching the stream or spend thirty minutes looking through threads hoping that someone posted up-to-date results, I know I can go over to Eventhubs and see "Justin Wong is still in Winner's Finals. He's up 2 games to 1 over Vangief."

Hell if Shoryuken or Iplaywinner provided even CLOSE to that sort of coverage, Eventhubs would be getting close to zero traffic from me. But, honestly- they provide great info like that which is unobtainable anywhere else as well as give me SF related news more reliably than SRK's front page. Also, SRK being down for the past half day hasn't helped.

Chavelo

SmokeMaxX said:
Hate on Eventhubs all you want, but they provide valuable information that noone else seems to want to.

Besides their frame data (inconsistent, but generally accurate), character guides (simple, but give a brief synopsis of characters), and tier lists (about as accurate as any other guide out there; which is to say, I disagree with a few of my character's matchups), the one thing that I appreciate most about Eventhubs is the fact that major tournament results are always provided close to real time in easy to read "box format." If I don't want to spend hours watching the stream or spend thirty minutes looking through threads hoping that someone posted up-to-date results, I know I can go over to Eventhubs and see "Justin Wong is still in Winner's Finals. He's up 2 games to 1 over Vangief."

Hell if Shoryuken or Iplaywinner provided even CLOSE to that sort of coverage, Eventhubs would be getting close to zero traffic from me. But, honestly- they provide great info like that which is unobtainable anywhere else as well as give me SF related news more reliably than SRK's front page. Also, SRK being down for the past half day hasn't helped.

You do know the reason people don't like them it's cause all of that frame data, guides, and tier lists were pulled from...

SRK and Iplaywinner?

ZOMG DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
SmokeMaxX said:

Too bad they haven't done that in a couple months. At first I thought it was because the webmaster was burned out on watching streams, but then somebody here mentioned that they're not going to cover any tournaments related to the EVO season or SRK. Still don't know if that's true, but you can't deny that EH ignored West Coast Warzone 3.

SmokeMaxX

Chavelo said:
You do know the reason people don't like them it's cause all of that frame data, guides, and tier lists were pulled from...

SRK and Iplaywinner?

ZOMG DUN DUN DUNNNNN
Define "pulled"? I've looked at their character guides and they look nothing like either SRK (which doesn't have independent guides unless you're talking about their wiki, which is ass, or the forums, which isn't really SRK's material to claim ownership of to begin with) or IPW (useful character section, but not any more or less useful than EH's, just different).

I looked at the frame data and IPW doesn't seem to have frame data. As for SRK, the Eventhubs frame data table does look very similar to the SRK wiki's frame data table, so I think that's semi-sketchy... except for the fact that the person who did all the frame data (pretty much Gilley) is sourced at the bottom of each frame data page. And considering how Gilley is the own who went through the trouble of getting that information, I think (barring any major complaint from him personally) it is sufficient for them to just cite him as the source. Also, the EH frame data info is more accurate than the SRK wiki.

Tier lists are definitely not IPW's. IPW's is made by Filipino Champ I believe. EH either uses another source (which they link to) or make their own (though I'm not sure how they do any of that). I don't believe SRK has a tier list (again, I don't look through their wiki because it's pretty much ass.

So... looking back at all your points... I'm actually gonna call BS on what you said unless you can provide proof otherwise.

SmokeMaxX

Aruarian Reflection said:
Too bad they haven't done that in a couple months. At first I thought it was because the webmaster was burned out on watching streams, but then somebody here mentioned that they're not going to cover any tournaments related to the EVO season or SRK. Still don't know if that's true, but you can't deny that EH ignored West Coast Warzone 3.
No I made a post about it before. Know why the Peaceful Jay stream got taken off the SRK front page (hope that's the right one, I get my stream names mixed up)? It's because SRK's so territorial that when they decided to host a tourney and call it Evo online, SRK was like "you do that and we're no longer gonna be affiliated with you." True to their word, they took the stream off their website permanently. I imagine (and I have no proof of this, but really, it only makes sense) that the reason why Eventhubs didn't put any information about WCW was strictly because SRK told them not to. Hell, they even posted results of the 5v5 Team Tourney that noone really cares about (Team Empire vs. Team NY?) shortly after WCW.

I'm not saying SRK = bad and Eventhubs = good, but some of you guys are just dickriding either one or the other and just going with the crowd. Har har, sure it's really cool to call EH "Eventscrubs" but honestly it makes you no better than those GameFAQs guys.

Joekage

Only scrubs go to Eventhubs *looks at SmokeMaxx*

I rest my case.

Also, planning on going to UFO soon and getting some more AE impressions, hopefully get a chance to mess with Yang and Ken and of course Cody! Gotta practice up for the AE tourny next Saturday!

SmokeMaxX

Joekage said:
Only scrubs go to Eventhubs *looks at SmokeMaxx*

I rest my case.

Also, planning on going to UFO soon and getting some more AE impressions, hopefully get a chance to mess with Yang and Ken and of course Cody! Gotta practice up for the AE tourny next Saturday!
I'd love to be on SRK right now, but it's been down for the past 12 hours. Not like you have any room to talk about calling me a scrub. I'd feel bad for any "pro" Cody player who lets a scrub Bison beat him...

SmokeMaxX said:
No I made a post about it before. Know why the Peaceful Jay stream got taken off the SRK front page (hope that's the right one, I get my stream names mixed up)? It's because SRK's so territorial that when they decided to host a tourney and call it Evo online, SRK was like "you do that and we're no longer gonna be affiliated with you." True to their word, they took the stream off their website permanently.

Do you even know the full story to that, or are you just parroting jay's bitterness?

And that's funny calling someone other than Jay territorial. That guy gets made jealous when a top player plays on SRKlive instead of his stream. Acted like Valle and Sabre betrayed him because they're mods there.

And I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post because it's..you know...bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom