• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
XenoRaven said:
Super Street Fighter IV AE: Evil Oni Akuma Demons

speaking of which, what the fuck happened? Capcom flooded the interwebs with cease and desist? I don't even know why they were locked to begin with ...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
the_log_ride said:
We gonna have a brand new thread for AE, or we just gonna do a name change?

If it's dlc : no
If its retail disc : burn down Capcom HQ

Lost Fragment said:
I just play Endless these days. The level of comp from randoms seems far more consistent than in ranked, and the ones that aren't that good tend to leave after a match or two. Maybe it's just me.

I tend to leave a room when I lose just cuz I hate waiting for my turn. I play only a few hours a week...and I don't have the time to wait, unless it's a full GAF lobby I make an exception. I only make 2 player lobbies....but sometimes no one joins so i look for any room that has one player in it.

And also, i'm not very good of course.

Street Fighter 4 AE: Dive Kicks All Day!! (LOL Cammy)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Back of the bus!. Actually more like side of the bus.

b4dmbk.gif

vg260

Every time I read about Guile's nerfs, I think, oh that's not that bad, then realize oh yeah, he had that nerfed too, and that...and that..and that. It's really obscene the sheer number of ways they nerfed him. It's almost comical. Sure a couple aren't bad, but all of them? I dunno it still seems like overkill. Do they not want himanywhere near the top? He's nowhere near Vanilla Sagat level, but seems like he got taken down even worse by comparison.

I hate overpowered characters, but it seems like they went bananas instead of clipping hima little bit. I kinda irks me they do so many tweaks to make him capable, then take two steps back, and then plop two brand new characters at the very top.

Still funny thinking back to before Super was released and all the pros saying Guile got nothing in Super..

Mike M

Nick N
Heading onto XBL right now to knock the rust off. Never was super great, but I still love the game.

GT is MisterMiksch

Imm0rt4l

2&2 said:
Every time I read about Guile's nerfs, I think, oh that's not that bad, then realize oh yeah, he had that nerfed too, and that...and that..and that. It's really obscene the sheer number of ways they nerfed him. It's almost comical. Sure a couple aren't bad, but all of them? I dunno it still seems like overkill. Do they not want himanywhere near the top? He's nowhere near Vanilla Sagat level, but seems like he got taken down even worse by comparison.

I hate overpowered characters, but it seems like they went bananas instead of clipping hima little bit. I kinda irks me they do so many tweaks to make him capable, then take two steps back, and then plop two brand new characters at the very top.

Still funny thinking back to before Super was released and all the pros saying Guile got nothing in Super..
man, they needed to bring his ass down to earth anyhow.

Sonic Hurricane wasn't necessary for Guile to win. Most of the time, I saw it as a chip ultra or timeout ultra. The utility of the ultra is still there, just not as damaging so your keepaway game has to be stronger.

USD

esbern said:
How many pro Makoto players are starting to use Ultra 2 as a pseudo-reversal/get out of corner move? Is it actually legit?
It's always worked well like that, made even better in AE since it's faster.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
esbern said:
How many pro Makoto players are starting to use Ultra 2 as a pseudo-reversal/get out of corner move? Is it actually legit?
personally, i use U2 vs Rufus and Fuerte mainly for that reason.

jlai said:
Mak was capable of doing that same corner pressure in SSF4?

Yes, but the 2 things Haitani did/has in this vid that was unique to AE Mak, is lk kara-kara, and better dash recovery.

USD

jlai said:
EX Hayate → Fukiage in the corner was character-specific before, works on all characters in AE I believe. 2 bars in the corner and you're eating 300-400+ damage.

jman2050

jlai said:

Not against everyone, at least not with such devastating results.

It's similar to how one of Vega's biggest buffs in Super was simply having his c.lp/mp xx EX walldive work on everyone in almost every circumstance instead of only on certain characters like in Vanilla.

Wiseblade

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I hate it when Makoto players do this. It just leads to me randomly using EX guacamole on their wakeup to try and catch the ultra.

It works a disturbingly large percentage of the time... ¬.¬

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
EX Hayate → Fukiage in the corner was character-specific before, works on all characters in AE I believe. 2 bars in the corner and your eating 300-400+ damage.

Yeah. Works on a 3rd of the cast or thereabouts. Problem is that even for most of those characters, the timing is so precise that it usually isn't worth risking a whiff and giving up positional advantage. It's pretty easy on a few characters though.

Plus he was also using a lot of f+lp to lock him down after hayates.

esbern

~Devil Trigger~ said:

oh okay. I remember reading that v-ryu uses U2 for escaping vortexes (i think i saw it in an anti-ibuki vid) and I figured it would catch on and be a bit like Rose's U2, but not as practical

jman2050

Axis said:
jlai's mak hands out devastating results :(

I do wonder how much of this reborn AE Makoto is actual buffs and improvements and how much of it is a retroactive realization that she wasn't as bad in Super as everyone thought.

It's hard to tell really.

USD said:
EX Hayate → Fukiage in the corner was character-specific before, works on all characters in AE I believe. 2 bars in the corner and you're eating 300-400+ damage.

I was going to ask this, but thanks for answering. I saw it in a few videos and was trying it out. It seemed hard, whereas in the AE vids, it seems easy.

Also, is low short, standing strong a one-frame link?

How about standing strong, fierce punch?

And to do her Kara Kara, is it low short or forward roundhouse into kara? I can't get it to work.

Thanks.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
I was going to ask this, but thanks for answering. I saw it in a few videos and was trying it out. It seemed hard, whereas in the AE vids, it seems easy.

And to do her Kara Kara, is it low short or forward roundhouse into kara? I can't get it to work.

Thanks.

er i don't think s.mp->s.fp links all the time but i could be wrong.

kara-kara in super? forward lk

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Spiderjericho said:

Thanks.
meaty low short to standing any punch works and kara kara is with forward lk.

USD

Axis said:
st.MP → st.HP only links on CH/meaty. She can do st.HP xx Hayate cancel → st.MP though.

jlai

Axis said:

kara-kara in super? forward lk

I believe s.lk is kara-cancelable for all (?) of its frames in AE, making it pretty easy. I may be mistaken though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom