• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
USD said:
According to Kiryu Tsukimiya, Guy's cl.MP has about 2 frames less advantage. cl.MP xx MP Hozanto doesn't connect. LP and MP Hozanto have less recovery however, about -1/-2 (up from -2/-4).
Wow....but figured they had to that to cl.MP since they gave him a 3f normal.

I don't know how I feel about my boy Fei going from the new Dan to the new Sagat.

simtmb said:
You sound like you care though! Honestly, you just seem upset on Dudley's 3s to SSFIV transition xD

3s, SSFIV. I won't go into specifics and deep discussion, but it's all the same shit to me, still Street Fighter. Die-hard 3s fans will only end up thanking SFIV when 3s-Online hits. We're at a moment where there is a fighter for everyone and i feel strongly that SFIV covers most bases. It's still SF man, you gotta love it! :D

Now we need some AE vids of characters not Fei Long asap. :D

Hey, I like SFIV or I wouldn't be playing it every day. I just don't think it's particularly deep compared to other Capcom fighting games, and it holds people's hands a lot. I like option selects, though.

El Sloth

Banned
I've been out of commission thanks to some unpleasant jaw surgery and haven't been keeping up with the AE news, anyone mind filling me in on how Guy is looking?

Cody would be nice too.

And anyone know if it's confirmed that Chinatown Fair in NYC will be getting any AE cabinet(s)? I see that iPlaywinner still has it under "rumored" North American AE locations and I can't exactly go check for myself.

SUPARSTARX said:
Chinatown Fair is getting it, but I don't know what the time frame is. ASAP I hope! :lol :D

Your avatar is full of win. Dem bitties.

308cpp2.jpg

cHaotix8

I'm kinda worried about the balance of this game. Hopefully it's nothing and I'm being pessimistic. I just don't understand a lot of these changes.

kitzkozan

cHaotix8 said:
I'm kinda worried about the balance of this game. Hopefully it's nothing and I'm being pessimistic. I just don't understand a lot of these changes.

Blah,don't worry about it. :lol It might be less balanced than super,but it definitively does look like it's going much more fun to play. :D Especially if most top tier characters are mostly rushdown/offensive oriented characters like it's shaping up to be...

God's Beard said:
What's up with all the AE machines being defaulted to best of 5? Doesn't that mess up the meter game?
When SF4 was new in arcades I recall most of the footage was 3/5 stuff. Probably because the game is still new and people are learning. Unless as the game gets less popular the arcade operaters have to increase turnaround? Doesn't make much sense though.

SoulFist

Can't wait to see what the pros do with Yun. He's my most anticipated character! Really interested to see how his Genei Jin plays in this game.

_Xenon_ said:
Walk speed looks faster, easier to adjust jump-in distance I suppose.

cr.short seems to be 3f.

j.HP still lands soft knock down :(

Oh well, nothing major from that video :/

Is it just me, or are her jumps and fireball charge thing faster as well?

_Xenon_

Banned
God's Beard said:
Is it just me, or are her jumps and fireball charge thing faster as well?
I think the whole video is a little bit faster. Probably it's a decoding issue or something. Well, there goes the 3f short :(

USD

According to Mago, playing Yang was difficult. He feels that Yang is a setup character, so the important things are figuring out setups and ways to get in. Figuring out combos might take a while.

Fei Long is pretty much the same. He racked up about 40 wins with Yang, 70 with Fei.

Imm0rt4l

I'm still waiting on Gouken vids.

The new LP Palm:
- Similar range to c.LP, cannot combo from max range c.LK or c.MP
- Couldn't combo from hadou in corner, so slower than 6f, guessing 8f
- frame advantage might be better than MP/HP Palm?
- Got countered out, so probably no invincibility (he didn't test upper and lower body invincibility separately though)

Close s.MP:
- frame advantage on hit is at least +6. Can link into c.HP or sweep
- tried Close s.MP -> Close s.MP -> sweep, but couldn't test it a lot due to facing characters like Claw, where the second hit becomes a far version
- frame advantage on block is probably +3

Close s.MK:
- Just comments about 3f

nj.HP, j.HK:
- The slamming down property feels "softer" compared to Cody and Juri's (doesn't slam so hard, I guess?)

Back throw:
- Gray damage is probably 0 or 1 (a separate player said you can see a "pixel" of gray bar if you look closely)
- Not sure if this is due to lag or change to the back throw, but there was a lot of back throw -> U1 miss

j.MP xx Air Tatsu:
- Due to height restriction, Tatsu doesn't seem to come out on grounded opponents

EX Tatsu FADC:
- Feels like it became more solid due to the locking ability of EX Tatsu
- EX Tatsu FADC -> MP Palm connected without crossing under
courtesy of street11 from srk

So I'm guessing Daigo is going to only really play with Yun in AE until it becomes the standard. Like how Mago didn't really play Sagat in Super while Vanilla was still in the arcades.

USD

Imm0rt4l said:
- Not sure if this is due to lag or change to the back throw, but there was a lot of back throw -> U1 miss
A lot of people have been saying there's lag, a bit worse than on 360 (in Japan of course). Acqua put it at about "stupid gaijin [on my XBL]" level.

Imm0rt4l

USD said:
A lot of people have been saying there's lag, a bit worse than on 360 (in Japan of course). Acqua put it at about "stupid gaijin [on my XBL]" level.
haha well put

Lag on an arcade machine seems strange, I wonder if it's intentional.

hitsugi

So, I think AE's OT should be dubbed Enter The Dragon...

Also, Japan's top players breaking 10k bp in such short time is nuts. Daigo has over 10k with Yun? Bandwagon incoming.. as if that wasn't already going to happen

Imm0rt4l

hitsugi said:
So, I think AE's OT should be dubbed Enter The Dragon...

Also, Japan's top players breaking 10k bp in such short time is nuts. Daigo has over 10k with Yun? Bandwagon incoming.. as if that wasn't already going to happen
or the chinese connection

Rocwell

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Her backdash looks a bit shorter too, I actually think this is a good thing, a lot of the time I found myself dashing into trouble after focusing fireballs. Focus dash forward, eat another fireball. Focus dash backward, find yourself at full screen again :\ It's not like that longer dash helped her much with all the pushback on it anyway. What's the word on those pushboxes anyway? Is karakusa still going to whiff on characters dashing forward like Adon?

kitzkozan

It seems nobody wanted the twins,but watch as they become crazy overplayed once the AE hit consoles. :lol Wouldn't surprise me if Yun (with the numerous Daigo fanboys) is just as popular as Evil Ryu/Oni Akuma/Ken. :p

USD

AE = Super China Fighter 4? Daigo claiming Yang, Yun, and Fei Long as top tier. Chun-Li is just as good as before. Gen and Dan (originally from Japan, but whatever) getting some nice buffs.

Axis

i really want to know about cammy's divekick height restriction..if i can still set up ambiguous xup strikes on wakeup i'll be happy as fuck

USD

Zangi-tan desperately wants to play AE:

"Imagine this. Controlling a guy with a mohawk in a pair of underpants, throwing and beating up high school girls? If that doesn't turn you on, you're crazy!"

Lag on the arcade machine sounds funny .
I can't wait to see how things going to be in the next few months.
Waiting on some Mak and Guy vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom