• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Axis said:
i really want to know about cammy's divekick height restriction..if i can still set up ambiguous xup strikes on wakeup i'll be happy as fuck
That shouldn't be an issue.. I'm pretty sure they just shut down instant / super low cannon strike use

SUPARSTARX

God's Beard said:
What's up with all the AE machines being defaulted to best of 5? Doesn't that mess up the meter game?
I think someone mentioned that they were charging 200 yen per credit. That's about $2.30 per game. So 3 of 5 rounds is okay.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I read somewhere (SRK maybe) last night that you can combo close st.mp after high canon strike now.

edit: Oh, guess I read it here. HURRRRR

edit2:

Some dude on SRK said:
It also looks like they're saying that you can do HK Karakusa right after MP Hayate against everybody.

GlOj6.jpg

SUPARSTARX

hitsugi said:
So, I think AE's OT should be dubbed Enter The Dragon...

Also, Japan's top players breaking 10k bp in such short time is nuts. Daigo has over 10k with Yun? Bandwagon incoming.. as if that wasn't already going to happen
Already intended to play Yun after the Guile vs Yun footage. Looks too good.

And as a Bison player, watching those sonic booms get palmed from afar just made me even more happy as that is the bane of my Bison!

Axis said:
i really want to know about cammy's divekick height restriction..if i can still set up ambiguous xup strikes on wakeup i'll be happy as fuck

Supposedly you just can't use it as a throw tech punish, so while you can't TK it anymore, I believe if you do uf and then qcb it should come out at that height. That's only on the way up though, I don't know if there's a height restriction on the way down.

Axis

FindMyFarms said:
Supposedly you just can't use it as a throw tech punish, so while you can't TK it anymore, I believe if you do uf and then qcb it should come out at that height. That's only on the way up though, I don't know if there's a height restriction on the way down.

i really hope so. the ambiguous setups were so good...

and i think that on the way up and on the way down the restriction is the same...at least that's how they phrased it. i'm just really hoping it's along hte lines of makoto's tsurugi(i think that's the name?)

El Sloth

Banned
God's Beard said:
I bet Daigo's switching to Yun just so American players can't download his playstyle with 2 years of recorded matches :lol
I figured he was playing with Yun so he wouldn't get too used to the AE Ryu so he can still compete in Vanilla(Strawberry?) SSIV tourneys at his best.

USD

Teknopathetic said:
"I still want to see a Neopolitan edition one day"

So you want Hyper Street Fighter 4?
But then character choice would be even more predictable: :lol

SFIV: Akuma, Balrog, Blanka, C.Viper, Gen, Ryu, Sagat, Zangief

Super: Abel, Adon, Cammy, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Guile, Ibuki, M. Bison, Rose, Rufus, Seth, Vega

AE: Cody, Dan, Dee Jay, Dudley, Gouken, Guy, Hakan, Juri, Ken, Makoto, Sakura, T.Hawk, Yang, Yun

They should just make an ultimate street fighter where every character and stage from every version of every game comes together. Juri fighting Twelve on the Alpha 2 grass stage.

Why not? Fuck it, every game uses 2d hitboxes and fights on a plane anyway.

Chavelo

the_log_ride said:
SF4 Vanilla
SSF4 Chocolate
SSF4 AE Strawberry

I still want to see a Neopolitan edition one day :lol

SSF4 DLC/RAINBOW EDITION

How does that work?!?!

@God's Beard - SFIV - Mugen Edition

Imm0rt4l said:
Maybe Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma are time released characters or by code like Akuma was in vanilla arcade.

Oh god, I forgot about those two...

Nobody posted the blog, dem, but people were discussing the bit about Daigo's 10K bp Yun

Joekage

God, as much as hate Zangief and his stupid range on 360. The EX greenhand not knocking down in that video against Tokido makes me cringe. You can notice a WTF moment as Zangitan hits it and starts to go for a setup only to realize..Akuma is OUTTA THERE.

Makes me sad for gief players just looking at it. Also, this sucks, there's like 5 good Cody players in Japan... none of which actually get stream/youtube upload views on a regular basis. Hopefully I can get someone to show me some Cody juggles with F. RH before I get to play the game this weekend.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
さっきまでスパ4AEバージョンをプレイしていました!
ブランカだけ使って、30戦しました。人が多すぎてなかなかプレイできない!
それくらい名古屋のゲーセンではスパ4AEが人気でした。

ブランカの変更点について少しご報告。間違えていたらゴメンナサイ。
...強ローリングがガードされた時の跳ね返り距離がとても短くなっていたし、
中ローリングもすこし短くなっていました。つまり反撃を受け易くなりました。
弱ローリングの跳ね返り距離は前と同じようなので、変更はなさそうです。
EXローリングはどれも跳ね返り距離は変更なしのようです。
EXバックステップローリングは、前に進む距離は以前までの2/3程度でした。
しかし後ろにも少し進むようになっていました。
画面端からEXバクステロリで逃げても相手キャラによっては着地の際に確定反撃をくらいそうです。
良くなっていた点は、アマゾンリバーランの硬直が減っているようで、先端距離で使い易くなっていました。

Blanka changes?

USD

Conceited said:
さっきまでスパ4AEバージョンをプレイしていました!
ブランカだけ使って、30戦しました。人が多すぎてなかなかプレイできない!
それくらい名古屋のゲーセンではスパ4AEが人気でした。

ブランカの変更点について少しご報告。間違えていたらゴメンナサイ。
...強ローリングがガードされた時の跳ね返り距離がとても短くなっていたし、
中ローリングもすこし短くなっていました。つまり反撃を受け易くなりました。
弱ローリングの跳ね返り距離は前と同じようなので、変更はなさそうです。
EXローリングはどれも跳ね返り距離は変更なしのようです。
EXバックステップローリングは、前に進む距離は以前までの2/3程度でした。
しかし後ろにも少し進むようになっていました。
画面端からEXバクステロリで逃げても相手キャラによっては着地の際に確定反撃をくらいそうです。
良くなっていた点は、アマゾンリバーランの硬直が減っているようで、先端距離で使い易くなっていました。

Blanka changes?
Pretty much all the things discussed are things we know from the AE blog. He/she mentions that the changes to the rebound of MP and HP Roll, and EX Backstep Roll travels about 2/3 distance when going straight forward, making it easy to punish when used as a corner escape. On the plus side, Amazon River Run (aka slide) has less recovery and it's easier to land the attack at the tip.

Also, where is this from?

God's Beard said:
Seriously, what made Ibuki so good that warrants nerfs? Akuma does everything she does way better.

Ibuki's pretty popular in Japan. If the idea that capcom balanced according to the loudest complaints is correct, maybe there were a bunch of japanese players salty about ibuki.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I can't wait for Arcade UFO to get the game in. The coverage they have lined up should be top tier. :D

I wonder if Spooky would go down to CTF to stream footage of AE if they get it in...

USD said:
But then character choice would be even more predictable: :lol

SFIV: Akuma, Balrog, Blanka, C.Viper, Gen, Ryu, Sagat, Zangief

Super: Abel, Adon, Cammy, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Guile, Ibuki, M. Bison, Rose, Rufus, Seth, Vega

AE: Cody, Dan, Dee Jay, Dudley, Gouken, Guy, Hakan, Juri, Ken, Makoto, Sakura, T.Hawk, Yang, Yun

I think vanilla seth and rufus would be picked over their chocolate forms. cammy too I think.

sabin would do unblockable setups with seth all day.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
I think vanilla seth and rufus would be picked over their chocolate forms.

sabin would do unblockable setups with seth all day.
Rufus is probably one of the few that would be dependent on the match-up. For UC1 matches, SFIV Rufus would probably be the best option; for UC2 ones, Super Rufus would be the way to go.

I don't really remember SFIV Seth that well, guess he could go either way, depending on the Ultra.
Conceited said:
It's from Choco Blanka, no other impressions yet.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/chocoblanka/archives/51619695.html
Apparently somebody else translated, there's a bit of extra info there:

ChocoBlanka said:
I played SSF4AE today.

Seems like Blanka's changes are minor. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
When hp rolling attack was guarded, the bounce is turned to be REALLY short.
Mp rolling attack was also made to bounce a little shorter.
It's easier to eat counter-attacks (punishes) now.
lp rolling attack's bounce is the same as before, so I don't think there ...are any changes.
EX rolling attack didn't seem to change at all.
EX rainbow roll's distance is about 2/3 of what it used to be.
But it also changed so that he bounces a little bit back as well.
You could get punished from escaping with EX rainbow, depending on their character.
The good thing about Blanka is that slide's blockstun is increased so that you can use the tip more easily.

Continuing from before,
The rolling attacks are not as simple to use as before, but I think it's still possible to fight!
If you are a Blanka player, please don't worry too much! There is still hope♪
It seems like mk comes out faster.
Surprise forward range seems to be further, I'm very happy about this.
...Cr.mk seems to have better priority. I'm happy.
I could be wrong about this. Please don't put too much faith in me.
This is my report for the first day of operation of SSF4AE
Anyway, it was very fun at the arcade!

USD said:
Rufus is probably one of the few that would be dependent on the match-up. For UC1 matches, SFIV Rufus would probably be the best option; for UC2 ones, Super Rufus would be the way to go.

I don't really remember SFIV Seth that well, guess he could go either way, depending on the Ultra.
I believe in Vanilla Seth has a fireball/Ultra trap. And the aforementioned unblockable off an untechable knockdown and 2 meters. I don't know how move or stun properties were affected though.

USD

_dementia said:
I believe in Vanilla Seth he has a fireball/Ultra trap. And the aforementioned unblockable off an untechable knockdown and 2 meters. I don't know how move or stun properties were affected though.
Haha, how could I forget about fireball trap. Taking a quick look at the frame data from both games, he's just about the same in both (though Hyakuretsu/Chun Legs does more damage and stun in Vanilla). UC2 still has its uses though, he's probably in the same category as Rufus.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
God's Beard said:
I bet Daigo's switching to Yun just so American players can't download his playstyle with 2 years of recorded matches :lol
Daigo picks Evil Ryu

USA got YOMI'D

@__@ <-- Justin Wong
>__< <-- Marn
;___; <-- Sanford

Trolling boards for info since most of the videos seem to be FEI RON everywhere, found some impressions from a Guile player on SRK, take as you will:

brian via SRK said:
I got to play a bit tonight. I had a bit of play time against the computer, and so was able to test out a couple of things.

First of all, flashkick FADC (forward dash) sonic hurricane still works (however, the damage is pathetic, see below). The time that I did it, at the screen freeze, the opponent's body was at about the level of Guile's head. Sometimes in Super, the opponent's body is at about the level of Guile's arms and the ultra still connects; I didn't get to test that extreme case, so it might still have a tighter window. In any case it hasn't been removed from the game. On one attempt, I did the ultra a touch too early, and the opponent fell on the wrong side, just as they would have in Super, so that seems to be unchanged.

On a few occasions I made a note of exact lifebar positions after damage had been dealt (first damage of the round). After coming home I tried to reproduce those lifebars to figure out damage values. I believe we have the new damage values:

lk flashkick from point blank on the ground: 110 (compared to 130 in Super)
lk flaskick (point blank on the ground) FADC (forward dash) level 1 sonic hurricane: 190-200 (compared to 290 in Super(!!:0))

Unfortunately I didn't get to test anti air sonic hurricane.

I didn't notice any other obvious changes, aside from the meter nerf which they already told us the value for. I didn't get a chance to try air throw in a situation where I needed to do it close to the ground so I can't comment on that.

One thing I'm extremely unsure about, but a couple times I poked with far stand fierce, and was surprised that it whiffed. So it's *possible* the hitbox is smaller, but that should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Flashkick nerf still seems dumb to me.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Killa Sasa said:
Trolling boards for info since most of the videos seem to be FEI RON everywhere, found some impressions from a Guile player on SRK, take as you will:

Flashkick nerf still seems dumb to me.

Guess they really want him to be a one special character ;p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom