• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Rocwell said:
I was under the impression they covered his transportation and entrance fee into events and that was it? I guess it might not even be that though :X

You're right, I forgot about that. So EG provides him with the opportunities to go to tourneys and then it's up to him to make the money. I suppose that's fair.

hitsugi

Edgeward said:
Don't most of gaf in so cal not have rides tho? lol I'd be down though.

I forgot to mention the nerf on heavy spiral arrow sucks real bad. Can't FADC from most distances cause it will only hit once unless right close to the opponent.

I dunno about the ride situation.. but I do know that I haven't bothered with Cammy in AE at all D: proper Guy is a lot more fun though

Satyamdas

Banned
Cause Electricity isn't like Chun's legs or Honda's hands. Electricity can keep going as long as the buttons are being pressed, whereas legs and hands only last a set amount of time. So if you start electricity it will continue indefinitely if you keep mashing, and if you start EX electricity it will also keep going if you keep mashing.

vissione

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Cause Electricity isn't like Chun's legs or Honda's hands. Electricity can keep going as long as the buttons are being pressed, whereas legs and hands only last a set amount of time. So if you start electricity it will continue indefinitely if you keep mashing, and if you start EX electricity it will also keep going if you keep mashing.

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you kind sir, I honestly never fought a blanka before that could do ex-electricity for like 30 seconds straight and had no idea that was possible.

MIMIC

Banned
lol....Fuerte vs. a Bison with massive scissor kick pressure is so crazy. I guess that's what I get for maining such a shitty character :)

But he was really, really good, too. He's probably the only Bison that I've played where I thought, "You know what....I will probably never beat him." lol I took a round off of him so there's my victory :)

Kimosabae said:
I'd only agree it is for those who have never played a game like it. At least, it's not much more than other games like it (if at all).

Oh I'm sure. Marvel at this point is incredibly open ended. No one really knows how it's supposed to be played.

I think that's interesting. But the uncertainty ends up scaring other people.

damn, looks like we won't be making it to the last AI tourney tomorrow!

Samurai is hella sick, and no one has heard from chow......am sad.

our session was cancelled tonight too. anyone down to get some games on ?

Edgeward

hitsugi said:
I dunno about the ride situation.. but I do know that I haven't bothered with Cammy in AE at all D: proper Guy is a lot more fun though

Guy is still a block string fiend, hate that match-up too. And yea i was like the only one that was playing Cammy, one guy did but only as a reaction to me using her all the time.

HiResDes

DryEyeRelief said:
Oh I'm sure. Marvel at this point is incredibly open ended. No one really knows how it's supposed to be played.

I think that's interesting. But the uncertainty ends up scaring other people.
It's like tatsunoko vs capcom with an extra person

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He's a respectable person. Never talks trash. But yeah, he does play more serious than we do. I guess you have to have that mentality to be at that level.

Edgeward

gibration said:
Yo, I was ready to go yesterday, had a ride and everything but got news that cousin past away in a car accident that morning so yea sorry I couldn't go.

Damn son, sorry to hear that. My condolences to the family and yourself. I figured since I didn't hear from you something was up so don't sweat it.

I get raped regularly by a friend who plays Akuma(and he beats my ass with several of his secondaries as well). So I'm sure Mosh would rape me pretty hard as well, but still I'd like to play against him. It can be disheartening to know you have absolutely no chance of winning but the only way to get better is to play against better players. Despite a bad ass whooping, hopefully I(we) can learn something from it.

lair0.gif

edit: sucks to hear about CF

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damn it...

why is it soooo hard to have an enjoyable time playing randoms on xbl? It's like throwing a dice and getting one of these.

1) Lag, not just any lag but the kind of lag like your inputs are being transmitted to mars, coded by a monkey and then sent back by a paper airplane

2) Get matched up with people with 15k+ BP who leave after 1 loss

3) Meeting players who make the whole ordeal 10x worse, " oh me? No I'm just sitting and turbospamming exsrk while you try that 3x lp blockstring of yours, ops you lagged eat this 400dmg reversal "

4) People who use dan, keep taunting ad naseam, gets bodied yet refuse to leave the lobby or start playing "for real". Why? Why do you do this? You're not winning, you're not doing anything, why do you torment me?

5) Win more than 1 game in a row and get kicked from lobby. God forbid that you actually get to play more than 1 game, because people don't like to lose. If I got the chance to play against someone who is much much better than me I'd go for a hundred losses straight if it meant me getting better during the experience.

6) Won't even find a single game.

I'm soo fucking jealous of us-PSN-gaf. Youz guys seem to have soo much fun :(,

El Sloth

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
I am off Tuesday and may bounce on over just to say goodbye :'(
I'm considering just taking Wednesday off and spending the entire day there pouring my money into the AE machines.

MIMIC

Banned
Corky said:
God damn it...

why is it soooo hard to have an enjoyable time playing randoms on xbl? It's like throwing a dice and getting one of these.

1) Lag, not just any lag but the kind of lag like your inputs are being transmitted to mars, coded by a monkey and then sent back by a paper airplane

2) Get matched up with people with 15k+ BP who leave after 1 loss

3) Meeting players who make the whole ordeal 10x worse, " oh me? No I'm just sitting and turbospamming exsrk while you try that 3x lp blockstring of yours, ops you lagged eat this 400dmg reversal "

4) People who use dan, keep taunting ad naseam, gets bodied yet refuse to leave the lobby or start playing "for real". Why? Why do you do this? You're not winning, you're not doing anything, why do you torment me?

5) Win more than 1 game in a row and get kicked from lobby. God forbid that you actually get to play more than 1 game, because people don't like to lose. If I got the chance to play against someone who is much much better than me I'd go for a hundred losses straight if it meant me getting better during the experience.

6) Won't even find a single game.

LMAO.

I totally feel you.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
:/

I'm enjoying MVC3 online (even tho it takes forever to get in a game and I can't spectate) WAY more than SSFIV. wtf.

hitsugi

MVC3 = new and cool

..and a completely different game

although, I think SSFIV plays better on live than MVC3 does... could be because there's a lot more going on so there's a lot more to notice

Zapages

There must be something wrong with me... I play better online due to I guess small bits of lag then off line. XD

This sucks, how can I do better off line guys?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Zapages said:
There must be something wrong with me... I play better online due to I guess small bits of lag then off line. XD

This sucks, how can I do better off line guys?
Stop relying on stuff that abuses gimped reactions. In other words, be less crazy-random.

Large reversal windows and lenient inputs really screws up this game online. People can get away with mashing. I pretty much stopped playing randoms online because of it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
I get raped regularly by a friend who plays Akuma(and he beats my ass with several of his secondaries as well). So I'm sure Mosh would rape me pretty hard as well, but still I'd like to play against him. It can be disheartening to know you have absolutely no chance of winning but the only way to get better is to play against better players. Despite a bad ass whooping, hopefully I(we) can learn something from it.
Shoutouts to Team NAH. ;)

DR2K

Banned
MarkMan said:
:/

I'm enjoying MVC3 online (even tho it takes forever to get in a game and I can't spectate) WAY more than SSFIV. wtf.

MVC3 has a considerably better netcode, just very shitty online options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom